This chart, constructed by Zelda Universe, is a quick reference for locating all of the Pieces of Heart that can be found across the Great Sea.
For a complete map detailing the locations of the Heart Pieces, please have a look at our Ultimate Sea Chart.
- After you exit your prison cell, the first floor of the next room will have a similar cell that is locked as well. Clear away the barrels to reveal a switch that will give you access to the chest inside the cell that contains a heart piece.
A2- Star Island
- Travel to Star Island and bomb the giant rock to reveal a hole. Jump down the hole and defeat the enemies in the cave to get the heart piece.
A5- Crescent Moon Island
- If you received the Treasure Chart from Dragon Roost Cavern, you can pull out this piece of heart from the ocean floor.
A6- Seven-Star Isles
- Travel to Seven-Star Isles and look for a flock of Seagulls flying around an area. Travel there and prepare to battle a Big Octo. Defeat the creature by shooting all its eyes with projectiles and collect the heart piece.
B3- Spectacle Island
- A odd man named Salvatore has a shop that is on Spectacle Island. Pay him fifty rupees to play a mini-game that involves shooting enemy ships with a canon. Defeat five ships in ten canons or less to receive the heart piece.
B4- Windfall Island
- Salvatore also has another mini-game shop on Windfall Island, and it is a classic game of Battleship™! For ten rupees you can participate in the game and if you sink all three squids with the canons you have, you will receive a piece of heart.
- Once you have obtained the Picto Box, visit Miss Marie in the schoolhouse and talk to her about the boy gang, “The Killer Bees”. Play a game of hide-and-seek with the boys and they will give you this heart piece.
- Go to the town auction during the night and win a few auctions. Once you have won a certain amount, a heart piece will be up for bid. Everyone has bottomless wallets so make sure you raise you bids high enough so people will freeze, wasting time. A clever strategy will win you this piece.
- Once you have obtained the Deluxe Picto Box speak to the women in the orange dress near the gathering place of the “Killer Bees” gang. Take a picture of her and give it to the blonde-haired man who often walks by and glances at her. Speak to the man and the women one last time and meet them on a date in the Cafe a few days later. She will give you a heart piece.
- Speak to Zunari once you have the Delivery Bag, you can then participate in the trading event. Once you complete the event by delivering items to the traveling merchants, you will receive a piece of heart.
- After your second visit to the Forsaken Fortress, go to the second floor of the mansion to find Maggie, the new rich girl. Talk to her and agree to mail her letter, then return to the auction house to see a fight between the postman and her father. Meet the postman in the Cafe later and give his letter to Maggie for a heart piece.
- Make the windmill run again by blowing the wind North and activating the switch up the tall ladder in the village. Ride the windmill up to the top and shoot a Fire Arrow into the middle of the lighthouse to switch on the beam of light. Talk to the man in the yellow hat outside the top of Salvatore’s shop to get a heart piece.
- Once the lighthouse is lit, float to the small island where the invisible chest appeared near the Bomb Shop with your Deku Leaf. Open the chest to find another heart piece.
- Start the trading event with Zunari to obtain flowers or decorations for ten rupees. Place the decorations in the small crowned-pots all over the outside of the island. If you put one in all fourteen spots, talk to the man sitting on the bench to receive a heart piece.
B5- Pawprint Isle
- Sail to Pawprint Isle to find a small blue dome with a tiny crawl space. Go inside to find a chest with a piece of heart.
- If you found a certain Treasure Chart in the Tower of the Gods, it will point you to a spot on the ocean on Pawprint Isle that will reveal a heart piece.
B6- Dragon Roost Island
- Inside the Rito Village, complete the letter sorting activity with twenty-five letters sorted. Then talk to the new assistant on the front of the island near the mailbox. Complete the activity with twenty-five again and speak to the man outside once more. He will give you a letter to mail since he cannot reach the mailbox and will give you a piece of heart in his gratitude.
- Bring twenty Golden Feathers to the guard on the second floor of Rito Village, he will give you one hundred rupees in return and later his girlfriend will send you a piece of heart through the mail.
B7- Flight Control Platform
- After you have the larger Magic Meter upgrade, dock at the Flight Control Platform and glide through the sky in the mini-game. You must reach the banner to get the heart piece so try to catch all the updrafts to give you a good chance.
C2- Rock Spire Isle
- Sail around the island until you find two enemy ships. Destroy both of them and use you Grappling Hook where they sank. One of the ships will contain a heart piece.
- After the second Forsaken Fortress encounter, give twenty Skull Necklaces to a man on the second floor of the auction house. He will give you a Treasure Chart leading to a piece of heart.
- After you get the first wallet upgrade, Beedle will send you a letter about a special sale. Visit his shop at Rock Spire Isle and you will find a Heart Piece on sale for 950 rupees. Despite what he claims, he store does not close throughout the adventure.
C3- Tingle Island
- Sail North of Tingle’s actual island to see a flock of seagulls that are circling over another Big Octo. Defeat the creature and use your Grappling Hook to recover a heart piece where he sank.
D1- Three-Eye Reef
- One of the Treasure Charts you receive from Windfall Island lead to a heart piece that can be found in the ocean at this reef.
D2- Greatfish Isle
- Locate a small cave entrance on the side of one of the islands and remember exactly where it was. Sail to a small rock and climb to the top near the withered Deku Sprout. Blow the wind Northwest and use the Deku Leaf to glide to the cave to find a chest with a piece of heart.
D4- Six-Eye Reef
- There is a submarine Southwest of the island itself, sail towards it and enter the vessel. Defeat all the enemies inside to get the heart piece.
D7- Thorned Fairy Island
- One of the Treasure Charts you receive in the Wind Temple will lead to a spot on the ocean in Thorned Fairy Island that will contain a heart piece.
E1- Needle Rock Isle
- Shoot down all the Kagorocs flying across the island and use a Hyoi Pear to gain control of a seagull. Fly to the top and hit the switch to lower the flames of a treasure chest that contains a piece of heart.
E3- Stone Watcher Isle
- Climb to the top of the platform East of the island. Defeat all the enemies and destroy all the canons underneath with your Bombs to get this heart piece.
E6- Bomb Island
- Bomb the large boulder on top of the island and jump inside the hole. In the first room, attack the Magtail until it becomes a ball and place it on the switch to open the door. In the second room, make to the large platform and get the Magtails into balls. Throw each Magtail into one of the holes to receive the piece of heart.
- A Treasure Chart you will find in the Earth Temple will lead you to Bomb Island. Recover the chest to get this heart piece.
F1- Diamond Steppe Island
- The Treasure Chart you receive in the Battleship™ mini-game on Windfall Island leads to a spot on this island. Recover the chest to get the heart piece.
F4- Southern Fairy Island
- Buy the 900 rupee Treasure Chart from Beedle’s special shop to have it lead you to this next heart piece.
F6- Forest Haven
- After you locate the Forbidden Woods, the Rito Chieftain will send you this piece through the mail. Pretty simple, huh?
- The newly-planted Deku Trees are withering all over the Great Sea. You must obtain Forest Water from the Forest Haven to sprinkle the water on each of the eight trees. Look to our specialty guide on this exact side-quest here, for more info on how to complete this task in an easy fashion.
- A certain Treasure Chart from The Tower of the Gods will lead to a spot in the Forrest Haven. Recover the chest to get a heart piece.
G2- Outset Island
- Enter the Savage Labyrinth by floating West from the highest point of the island near the entrance to the forest. Pick up the boulder and enter the horrible cave. Keep fighting enemies and keep going deeper into the dungeon until you receive the Triforce Chart. Then use you Mirror Shield to dissolve the statue to dig EVEN DEEPER into the Labyrinth. You will go another grueling fifty floors until you reach the piece of heart.
- After obtaining the Power Bracelets, lift up the giant black pig in the woman’s backyard. Bring it to a black patch of soil on the other side of the bridge and spread All Purpose Bait on the soil. It will dig you up a shiny piece of heart.
- Go to Orca’s training lodge and agree to duel with him. If you succeed to hit him 500 times before he hits you three times, he will reward you with this piece of heart. Remember to use your shield!
G3- Headstone Island
- Use a Hyoi Pear to gain control of a seagull and fly to the top of the island. Fly through the piece of heart and quickly return control to Link and you will receive the heart piece.
G5- Angular Isles
- Push and pull all the blocks to make enough space for you to climb up to the top of the isle. If you manage to reach the top, a heart piece will be waiting for you.
- A Treasure Chart in the Forbidden Woods will lead you here in the Angular Isles. Uncover the chest to get the heart piece.
G7- Five-Star Isles
- Somewhere near the island there is a stationary submarine. Jump inside and defeat all the enemies to receive another heart piece.
- Once you receive the Treasure Chart from taking a picture of the “beautiful” women on Windfall Island, trace it to Five-Star Isles. Uncover the chest to receive the final piece of heart.
Congratulations! You’ve got all the heart pieces! You’re now ready to take on the most grueling of tasks and enemies without much worry!