Skyview Temple: Ghirahim
- You will only need your sword to finish this fight, but having a shield will make it easier. To defeat Ghirahim, you only need to attack him with your sword while avoiding his attacks.
- During the first half of the fight Ghirahim will not attack you with any of his own abilities. Instead, Ghirahim will try to steal your sword. Carefully watch Ghirahim’s hand before you strike! You need to swing your sword in a way that Ghirahim will not grab the blade. If Ghirahim blocks your attack, quickly shake the controller to break free. If you do not break free in time, Ghirahim will temporarily steal your sword.
- After you successfully strike Ghirahim several times, he will summon a sword of his own and begin fighting more offensively. If he blocks one of your sword strikes with his sword, he will counter and he will not miss.
- When Ghirahim dashes towards you, use a shield bash to block his attack and leave him vulnerable for a few moments.
- You can reflect his magic needles with an appropriately positioned sword slash or with a shield bash.
Earth Temple: Scaldera
- Scaldera’s weak point is an eye that is protected by his rock armor. You need to make Scaldera swallow bombs in order to destroy the armor and expose his eye. His eye is constantly moving around his body, and it can be difficult to strike the eye consecutively with your sword.
- When Scaldera begins charging up the ramp, throw or roll a bomb at him. A good hit will cause him to tumble back down the hill. He will then begin inhaling. You need to get a bomb into Scaldera’s mouth while he is inhaling!
- If you do not get a bomb into Scaldera’s mouth in time, he will begin shooting large fireballs at you. They are easy to dodge, but will slow down your progress.
- When Scaldera swallows a bomb, he will be stunned for a moment and a portion of his armor will be destroyed. You may be able to strike the eye a few times before all of his armor is destroyed.
- When all of the armor is destroyed, Scaldera will raise himself over your head and run to the top of the ramp. He will then roll down the ramp and try to smash you. Your strategy will not change (unless you were rolling bombs; Scaldera will now be above you so you will have to throw the bombs).
Lanayru Mining Facility: Moldarach
- Moldarach has three weak points: his two pincers and his eye. You will have to destroy both of his pincers before the eye becomes vulnerable. You will only need your sword to damage Moldarach.
- Moldarach will attack with both of his pincers and his tail. You can tell which pincer will attack by watching for it to turn red. If Moldarach’s eye turns red be prepared to dodge his tail.
- You can attack his pincers whenever they are opened, but you will have to use a specifically-angled sword slash in order to damage the open pincer.
- If you use a shield bash on an attacking pincer, the pincer will be stunned for a moment and give you time to strike multiple times.
- When both pincers are destroyed, Moldarach will hide underground. Use the Gust Bellows to find him. You can then attack his eye.
- Moldarach’s eye can only be damaged by trusting forward (stabbing) with your sword. After you strike the eye a couple of times, Moldarach will hide underground again.
Sealed Grounds: The Imprisoned
- You will only have a limited amount of time to complete this fight. You need to defeat The Imprisoned before he reaches the temple at the top of the spiral-hill. You will only need your sword to complete this fight.
- Destroy The Imprisoned’s eight toes with your sword, but be careful not to be smashes under his large feet. Destroying all of the toes on one foot will slow him down considerably, but the remaining foot will begin to send out a harmful shock wave when it hits the ground.
- When his toes are destroyed, The Imprisoned will fall on to his back. Run to The Imprisoned’s head and use your sword to strike the object impaled in his head. You will have to use low-to-high vertical strikes to push the object further into his head.
- After three strikes, The Imprisoned will begin to quickly slither up the hill for a few moments before his toes regrow. Use the geysers to catch up with him!
- Repeat this process three times to defeat The Imprisoned.
Ancient Cistern: Koloktos
- Koloktos’s weak point is a glowing red spot on his chest. Your goal throughout the entire fight is to tear off Koloktos’s arms to expose this weak point.
- During the first portion of the fight, Koloktos will throw spinning axes towards you and try to smash you with his arms. The axes can be dodge or blocked with a shield. When you dodge his arms, they are left vulnerable for a few moments. Use the whip to target the arms and tear them off.
- When four arms have been removed, attack his glowing weak point with your sword. After several strikes, Koloktos will put himself back together and you will have to tear off the arms again.
- After he has sustained enough damage, Koloktos will reveal two legs and two additional arms. He will arm all six of his arms with large swords and begin chasing you around the room while swinging his arms wildly. Sprint around the room to get some distance on Koloktos while he is swinging the swords.
- When Koloktos stops swinging the swords, move in a little closer. Koloktos will then attack with three arms. If he misses, you will have time to tear off some of the arms with the whip.
- After three of his six arms are destroyed, Koloktos’s remaining arms will be magically defended from your whip. Instead, pick up one of Koloktos’s swords off the ground and use it to destroy his remaining arms.
- When all of Koloktos’s arms are destroyed, break off his legs with the large sword and then destroy the cage that is defending his weak point. You can then attack the weak point with Koloktos’s sword.
- After several strikes, Koloktos will regrow his arms and legs and you will have to repeat the process. Koloktos will also begin summoning Cursed Bokoblin to distract you.
- You will need to make extensive use of Skyward Strikes during this fight. The tentacles that attack you can only be destroyed by Skyward Strikes.
- When tentacles attack you from underneath the ship, use horizontal Skyward Strikes to cut off the tentacles. Do your best to charge the Skyward Strikes before standing near a tentacle. If you stand near a tentacle for more than a few seconds, the tentacle will grab you.
- After several tentacles are destroyed, Tentalus will rise above the water and attack you.
- When Tentalus is above the water, he will try to smash you with his larger tentacles. Avoid the tentacles and use the Bow to shoot an arrow into his eye to stun him.
- While Tentalus is stunned, run towards him and use your sword (normal strikes) to cut off the smaller tentacles that block your way. When you’ve cut a path, attack his eye with your sword.
- After several strikes, Tentalus will move underwater and begin attacking you from below with tentacles again, but the attacks will be faster than before. Continue cutting off the tentacles and attacking his eye.
- Near the end of the fight, Tentalus will force you to move up to a higher deck. Use the block that is provided to dash up to the higher deck, but be careful to avoid the rolling barrels.
- Tentalus will then attack you with a large number of smaller tentacles that have teeth. Use horizontal slashes to destroy the tentacles and then use the Bow to shoot another arrow into his eye. Repeat this process until Tentalus is defeated.
Fire Sanctuary: Ghirahim
- The second fight with Ghirahim is very similar to the first. Ghirahim will use the same strategies as before: he will first block your sword with his hand and then attack with swords and magic needles.
- Ghirahim is more offensive this time. He will quickly send three lines of magic needles at you. You can reflect them with your sword or shield bashes the same way as before.
- Ghirahim will also surround you with the magic needles. You can use a spin attack or a large vertical slash to reflect them.
- Ghirahim will use two swords to block and attack this time. If he blocks one of your strikes, he will counter and he will not miss.
- Ghirahim has one completely new move. He will jump into the air and fall on your location. When he jumps off screen, begin sprinting to avoid his attack. If Ghirahim misses, his swords will be stuck in the ground for a few moments and give you time to strike him.
Sealed Grounds: The Imprisoned (Fight Two)
- The second fight against The Imprisoned is very similar to the first. Your goal is still to destroy his eight toes and then strike the objected impaled in his head. You still have to defeat The Imprisoned before he reaches the top of the spiral hill.
- There are a few changes this time. The most obvious is that The Imprisoned now has arms. He will use them to try and climb up the hill. The Imprisoned will also walk faster than before, and his feet will always cause shock waves when they hit the ground.
- Groose will be helping you in this fight. He has created a catapult that will shoot bombs at The Imprisoned. Make use of the bombs whenever they are ready! Groose will signal you when he has a bomb ready to launch. Hitting The Imprisoned with a bomb will stun him long enough to destroy a few toes. Hitting The Imprisoned with a bomb will also stop him from climbing a wall.
- The Imprisoned will only slither up the hill once in this fight.
- After you destroy all of his toes, the large arms will keep you from running around his body to reach the head. You’ll have to jump down to a lower level and use a geyser to reach his head.
Thunderhead: Levias & Bilocyte
- While fighting Levias, you will fight while mounted on your Loftwing. Dash into the large eyes hanging off of Levias to destroy them.
- When all of the eyes are destroyed, land on top of Levias to begin fighting Bilocyte.
- Bilocyte only has one attack, and you can reflect that attack back at him with your sword. You will use this technique to defeat Bilocyte. You can aim the projectile with your sword slash. For example: a left to right slash will send the projectile to the right. A right to left slash will send it to the left.
- First attack the wings on both sides of Bilocyte’s eye. His eye will then become vulnerable. After you attack his eye, Bilocyte will fall forward and be stunned momentarily. Take this opportunity to slash his eye with your sword several times.
- At the end of the fight, Bilocyte will begin dodging the projectile. During this portion of the fight, hitting Bilocyte’s eye will damage him but he will no longer fall forward for you to attack him directly.
Sealed Grounds: The Imprisoned (Fight Three)
- The final fight with The Imprisoned begins similarly to the first two. You will have to use Groose’s bombs to stun The Imprisoned so that you can destroy his toes and strike the object impaled in his head. You must still defeat The Imprisoned before he reaches the temple at the top of the spiral hill.
- The Imprisoned will walk much faster than before, and the shock waves will be much larger. It is very difficult to attack the toes without first stunning The Imprisoned with one of Groose’s bombs.
- After you complete this cycle once, the fight will change completely. The Imprisoned will begin flying towards the temple. Use one of Groose’s bombs to knock it out of the air. The impact will knock The Imprisoned to the ground and leave the object impaled in his head vulnerable. Strike it three times with low-to-high slashes (the same as before).
- The Imprisoned will then begin flying towards the temple again, but Groose is unable to load more bombs. Instead, you will have to use the geysers to reach the top of the hill before The Imprisoned. You have very little time to complete this portion of the fight!
- When you reach the top of the hill, quickly run and speak to Groose. Groose will inform you of his plan: catapult you onto the head of The Imprisoned. Jump into the catapult and shoot yourself so that you land on top of The Imprisoned. You will only have one shot! When you land, use high-to-low attacks to strike the object impaled in his head three times to end the fight.
Sealed Grounds: Ghirahim (Final Battle)
- Before you reach Ghirahim, you’ll have to fight off hordes of monsters, mainly Bokoblins, as you make your way down the Sealed Grounds. You’ll get plenty of recovery hearts as you go along so don’t feel intimidated by the sheer number of enemies.
- In the first stage of the battle, you’ll be on a platform with Ghirahim. He will attack with punches and kicks, but these aren’t too strong so you can rush in and start attacking him with your sword. Even though he’ll block them, he’ll be pushed backwards. Keep pushing him back until he’s at the edge of the platform and then strike one more time to push him off. He’ll fall down and be stunned. Jump down after him and deliver a fatal blow attack.
- Ghirahim will get up but again he won’t attack you too strongly. Once again start hitting him with your sword to push him back. When he gets close to the edge, he’ll start holding his arms in various positions with balls of purple electricity in his hands. You now need to be precise with your sword so that your attack goes in between the purple balls and doesn’t hit them. Do this three times, and you’ll be able to push him over the edge again. Like before, follow him down and deliver another fatal blow.
- Now Ghirahim will start to use his sword. He’ll use it to block your attacks as well as attack you. You need to attack the red diamond in his chest. If you fight him at close range, you can eventually knock his sword away and strike him. You can also use a shield bash to stun him and then attack it. Hit him several times until he pulls out a larger sword.
- In the final part of the battle, Ghirahim will use a huge sword. Get in close and attack. He’ll block, but if you attack this sword hard and fast enough, you can break it. If you’re too slow, Ghirahim will jump back and restore the sword. Once the sword is broken, attack his chest again. Repeat this until he is defeated.
Final Boss: Demise
- Initially, Demise won’t attack very often which gives you a chance to attack him. Swing at him a few times from different directions. He’ll block the first couple of hits but then you’ll land one. If you see him move to attack, backflip away to dodge it. You can also use the shield to block his attacks or shield-bash him. The more hits you land, the more aggressive he’ll become and he’ll start to attack more frequently. Continue landing hits on him until he falls down backwards.
- The battleground will change and lightning will start to flash around. Demise will raise his sword into the air so that it’s struck by lightning and charged with electricity. You’ll want to avoid his sword now, as if he hits you, or your sword strikes his, you’ll be hurt. It is possible to land hits with the sword at close range, but it’s the hardest of the methods you can use to beat him.
- Take a cue from Demise and raise your own sword into the air in the same style you use for Skyward Strikes and charge your own sword with lightning. If you shoot the lightning energy and it hits Demise, you’ll stun him and then you can get in close and continue attacking with your sword.
- When he falls down, you’ll have the option to land a fatal blow, but you can ignore it the first two times as he’ll roll out of the way. So you may as well try to recharge your sword before he gets up.
- The third time Demise falls down, go in with the fatal blow and he’ll be defeated.
- Demise will be incredibly aggressive in this stage especially when you try to charge your sword. If you both have a charged sword and send lightning energy at each other they will cancel out. Sometimes you may have to abandon charging your sword and dodge Demise if he rushes in. If he sends a lightning burst at you, try to jump sideways and dodge it so that you can then send lightning at him. He can’t stop it if his own sword isn’t charged.
- Shield-bashing is also very effective during this stage of the battle.