There are tons of hidden items and activities in Majora’s Mask – this is but one compiled list of everything we could find that’s “special” inside Majora’s Mask. If you have something to add to the list, just submit it to us!
Clock Town Shop Hours
- Bomb Shop : 24 hours
- Clock Town Bank : 24 hours
- Curiosity Shop : 10 pm – 6 am
- Honey and Darling’s Shop : 6 am – 10 pm
- Tickets on Sale : 6 am – 5:59 pm
- Tickets Redeemable : 6 pm – 11 pm
- Mayor’s House : 10 am – 8 pm
- Milk Bar : Cleaning 10 am – 9 pm : Business 10 pm – 6 am
- Post Office : 3 pm – 12 am on day one and two
- Shooting Gallery : 6 am – 10 pm
- Stock Pot Inn : 8 am – 8:30 pm
- Swordsman’s School : 24 hours but closes at 11 pm on day three.
- Trading Post : 24 hours
- Treasure Chest Shop : 6 am – 10 pm
Easy Money #1
If you kill the dodongos in the north of Termina Field, you get a lot of money, and they are easy to kill as well.
Easy Money #2
If you kill the takkuri just outside the entrance to Milk Road, you’ll get 200 Rupees. This is easier said than done and you can lose some pretty important items in the process if you aren’t careful, however.
Easy Money #3
In East Clock Town, go up the ramp between the Stock Pot Inn and the Milk Bar. Turn left and head around the back of the Milk Bar to another ramp. Go up the ramp and straight ahead. Jump to the platform and then jump to a green/red striped target which is part of the “Honey & Darling’s Shop” sign. Jump to the other target on the wall and then to the platform ahead. Continue around the back of the “Town Shooting Gallery” sign and drop down to the next platform. There is a chest with a silver Rupee in it!
Easy Money #4
Shoot enemies with a light arrow in Termina Field at night and they’ll drop 50 rupees apiece.
Fix the Signs
If you slash a sign, just play the Song of Healing to repair it.
Throughout the game you will most likely notice some frogs that are just sitting there, and when you talk to them, it is no use. Well, if you wear the Don Gero’s Mask you will actually be able to talk to them! If you first play through the Snowhead Temple, then talk to all the frogs and meet them in Mountain Village, they will reward you with a Heartpiece. This is where the five frogs reside:
- Already waiting for you in Mountain Village after you have completed the Snowhead Temple.
- In the Laundry Pool area in South Clock Town.
- In the Southern Swamp.
- In one of the Mini-boss rooms of the Woodfall Temple.
- You can find the last one in one of the Mini-boss rooms in Great Bay Temple.
Get Epona into Clock Town
Ride towards the west entrance of Clock Town so that you are really close to it at the dawn of a new day. With luck (you’ll need it), you’ll turn up in Clock Town in the morning.
Get into Sakon the Thief’s Hideout, whenever you feel like it!
If you roll just the right way into the crack in the rock to the right of the entrance to his hideout, you can enter, but if you don’t do it just right you’ll sometimes fall out of the game into some water in the sky. Don’t worry, it just warps you back to the place you just were.
How to Get Epona Back
You must have played through Snowhead Temple. Go visit the Goron Powder Keg instructor in Goron Town. You’ll find him in a cave to the left of the entrance of the city. Take his challenge. If you make it, you are now able to carry Powder Kegs.
Buy a Powder Keg, go to Milk Road and blow up the huge stone blocking the way to Romani ranch by using the Powder Keg.
Next, go talk to the little girl, Romani, and she will give you a challenge after a little chatting! Take the challenge, and blow up 10 balloons in 2 minutes. Not the hardest of tasks. Afterwards Romani will teach you Epona’s Song, which allows you to call Epona anytime you want.
If you take pictures of what’s in italics, you’ll get the prize that follows. Pictures not on this list will not earn you anything.
- The Deku King: A piece of Heart.
- Tingle: A piece of Heart.
- Big Octorock or the Monkey: 20 Rupees or Free Boat Cruise.
- Anything else in the Swamp: 5 Rupees or Free Boat Cruise.
Use the Blast Mask without losing health
Equip the Blast Mask, hold out your shield with R and press the C-Button you assigned to the mask to (while holding R). If you’ve done it right, you shouldn’t take any damage when using the Blast Mask! You’ll never need bombs again! Well, except when you need to throw them…
Wear the Fierce Diety Mask, everywhere!
To wear the Fierce Deity’s Mask out and about in Termina, you must first restart the three-day cycle by playing the Song Of Time. Then, put on the Bunny Hood, warp to the third day and go to Sakon’s hideout in Ikana Canyon.
Once there, slow down time with the Inverted Song Of Time, go up to the right side of the boulder entrance and find the thin crack between the boulder and the mountainside. Now, back away from that crack, run at it full-speed (with the Bunny Hood on) and roll into the crack. This may take several tries, but don’t give up. Also, you might get through but fall into nothing. If that happens, don’t worry. Your saved files and cartridge will be fine, just try again.
Once inside, talk to Kafei (Keep the Bunny Hood on; never take it off! This is IMPORTANT!) The two of you will then start the race to get the Sun Mask. Early in the race, you will gain temporary control of Kafei. When you do, press Start and equip the Fierce Deity’s Mask to whatever C-Button you have the Bunny Hood assigned to. (Link should still be wearing the Bunny Hood.) When you regain control of Link, he’ll put on the Fierce Deity’s Mask!
Note: You must finish the race to use the mask outside. If you fail, you have to reset your console. Also, if you go into Clock Town, you won’t be able to leave. If you do go inside Clock Town, though, try to exit by passing by one of the guards blocking one of the exits.
When you play the Song of Time…
- Normal: You start a new three day period.
- Backwards: You slow the flow of time, and time will only pass by with half of the normal speed.
- Double: That’s when you play the notes twice, you skip forward to the next night/morning.
See our Ocarina Songs page for more info about this strange phenomenon.
When you play the Song of Time you…
- C-button items
- Dungeon maps and compasses
- Tingle’s maps
- Bomber’s Notebook tasks and events
- Rupees, if you saved them in the bank
- Ocarina Songs
- Great Fairy items
- Boss masks
- Activated owl statues
- People get their problems back (Bomber’s Notebook tasks are reset)
- Progress in the dungeons
- Rupees that are not put in the bank
- Stray fairies
- Ammunition (Arrows, bombs, etc)