Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-06-2012, 03:11 PM
I choose you Sonichu!
View Posts: 3,046
Advice please

Does anyone has any advice how to take care of a over hyper active 5 year old child?
This child won't even listen to me anymore. All day he would take things out of the refrigerator take food away (won't even ask me and drink all of the juice for his school lunch) and he always had the tendency of breaking all the eggs (just did it this morning too).
He doesn't understand that no means no (big time). Another thing is that he always distrubs the animals such as hitting them.
I don't know what to do anymore. I never felt so stressful in my life.
All I ask is some advice on how to take care of children that are so.... eh.... misbehaving.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-06-2012, 04:15 PM
#Dysphoriyawn

View Posts: 16,509
Re: Advice please

You should either create punishment, positive reinforcement for good actions, or you should get your parents involved.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-06-2012, 06:32 PM
You call it freedom, but it's a perverse Anarchy
Send a message via Skype™ to Kneesocks

View Posts: 10,999

Well, missy, I know how you feel. My niece used to be like that. Plus, sinec I used to work at a place that involves me watching younglins like that I HAVE LEARNED A THINK OR TWO IN LIFE FOR ONCE...

Okay, if I was you, I would make him sit down and lay down some rules on him. I'd never do physical punishment cause it could cause stress down in life and that could eventually lead to the only punishment that a person can think of. When I was watching my niece, I'd reason with her: She want something I say no, she keeps asking I keep saying no. and if she gets a hissy fit I put her in a EMPTY room so I know she wouldn't break anything and make her stay in there for about 5 minutes so she can cool down. And if that doesn't work, then I guess that when you can "resolve" to physical punishment. (tap on the hand or something, nothing too forceful or whatnot)

Hell, one time when I was at work, I just put them into time-out all the damn time if they don't listen to me, then once the parent comes, I tell them what happened and they take it from there.

Truthfully, little kids at that age can get very stressful, most of us used to be like that. But, it will be okay. Just disipline, and it will be okay ^__^

(Sorry if I have spelling errors, I was kinda muli-tasking writing my school essay and whatnot)
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-06-2012, 06:36 PM
I choose you Sonichu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pourri View Post
Well, missy, I know how you feel. My niece used to be like that. Plus, sinec I used to work at a place that involves me watching younglins like that I HAVE LEARNED A THINK OR TWO IN LIFE FOR ONCE...

Okay, if I was you, I would make him sit down and lay down some rules on him. I'd never do physical punishment cause it could cause stress down in life and that could eventually lead to the only punishment that a person can think of. When I was watching my niece, I'd reason with her: She want something I say no, she keeps asking I keep saying no. and if she gets a hissy fit I put her in a EMPTY room so I know she wouldn't break anything and make her stay in there for about 5 minutes so she can cool down. And if that doesn't work, then I guess that when you can "resolve" to physical punishment. (tap on the hand or something, nothing too forceful or whatnot)

Hell, one time when I was at work, I just put them into time-out all the damn time if they don't listen to me, then once the parent comes, I tell them what happened and they take it from there.

Truthfully, little kids at that age can get very stressful, most of us used to be like that. But, it will be okay. Just disipline, and it will be okay ^__^

(Sorry if I have spelling errors, I was kinda muli-tasking writing my school essay and whatnot)
Sounds like a good solution. But there is one thing I forgot to mention. He can't talk back or might not understand words that I speak to him. He sorta has a problem with that (which might be the problem why he acts like that). The next time I watch him I'll try to put him in a empty room and stay there with him until he calms.
1 person liked this post: Bravo
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-06-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Kaguya View Post
Sounds like a good solution. But there is one thing I forgot to mention. He can't talk back or might not understand words that I speak to him. He sorta has a problem with that (which might be the problem why he acts like that). The next time I watch him I'll try to put him in a empty room and stay there with him until he calms.
Even if he doesn't understand what you are trying to say to him, you punishing him like that should be the most verbal kind of punishment you can give him. Even trying to talk to him, should, be kind of helpful as well, reguardless if he DOES understand or not.

And yes, I hope this does help you missy!!
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-06-2012, 06:43 PM
I choose you Sonichu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pourri View Post
Even if he doesn't understand what you are trying to say to him, you punishing him like that should be the most verbal kind of punishment you can give him. Even trying to talk to him, should, be kind of helpful as well, reguardless if he DOES understand or not.

And yes, I hope this does help you missy!!
I do hope that this works. I don't want to have a bad relationship with my brother. He can be a sweetie pie but he's dang too hyper.
I do hope his manners will improve too.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-06-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Kaguya View Post
I do hope that this works. I don't want to have a bad relationship with my brother. He can be a sweetie pie but he's dang too hyper.
I do hope his manners will improve too.
Well it usually depends on his personality.

You say that he is a sweetie pie, so I'm pretty sure he'll love you reguardless if you punish him right from wrong. My niece is the same way, straight sweet heart, and so caring. But she gets into much trouble with me at my place and she always has to understand why I say no and why she is in punishment.

I'm pretty sure he'll love you reguardless because you're just looking out for him ^__^
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-07-2012, 07:08 PM
I choose you Sonichu!

It actually worked!
He was going to spazz on me but then I took him in the living room (the only place that is kinda empty) and sat with him. He calmed down and got happy again.
He's not doing anything that stresses me. Thanks again Pourri! ^.^
1 person liked this post: Bravo
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-07-2012, 07:14 PM

OH MY GOD I ACTUALLY HELPED FOR ONCE! :'D
If you need more tips, please dont be afraid to ask!
3 people liked this post: Bravo, Eriks0n, Princess Kaguya