Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 07:47 AM
Ummayyad, bro?
View Posts: 5,856
Help me..

I'm about at my wit's end with my parents. They are always putting me down and flat out lying to my face. They are also super judgmental. In fact, I don't even feel comfortable talking to them anymore.

My GID has struck viciously over the past few days. To the point where any insult or rejection, I take super personally. This is isn't me god damn it. I was really depressed last night after two events. To feel better, I ate right though two sonic $1 burgers that had mayo and totmatoes. I hate those two things. Especially together. What the ♣♣♣♣ is wrong with me? I have no idea what is going on and I'm confused.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Posting is a craft i take very seriously
Send a message via AIM to Kuden
View Posts: 3,547
Re: Help me..

It sounds like you're an anxious person and find it hard to block out criticism, but the only advice i can give is: ignore them. Anyone (including your parents) who lies to your face and insults you for not good reason does not deserve your attention and respect, whether they house you or not.

How independent are you and how old are you? Have you talked to them and told them that they've been extremely insensitive and you've been under a lot of pressure lately?

Your fire makes it all worthwhile.
[Tumblr/Last.fm/Formspring/Twitter]
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Ummayyad, bro?

Well, I've applied for many jobs and I'm working on my license right now. I graduate in about a week to start college. I don't even feel like talking to them anymore. I've brought it up so many times, that its not even funny. I probably need a psychiatrist to talk to.

I've hurt people with this attitude that I've had recently.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Yo! ಥ_ಥ Click The Sig ಧ_ಧ
View Posts: 521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika View Post
I probably need a psychiatrist to talk to.
In the meantime, we'll be your...unofficial consultants.

Is there utterly no way to get through to your parents? Surely you can pull them aside and talk to them. I see zero reason why reasonable people would do this...unless there was some logic behind it. I'm not suggesting they're doing this, but it seems to me like they're not helping you because they want you to become independent on your own. In my honest opinion, that's not how children should be raised; it's lazy and irresponsible parenting. If this is indeed the case, then I'd address it.

My advice would be for you to assert yourself to them. Not harshly, but firmly, if possible. Say something like, "I cannot do this by myself. I want to be able to care for myself, but I also need your guidance in some areas. [insert more details if you need to] Also, I've only desired your respect and affection, and I need you to listen and help me past this."

Experiment with that and see it you can apply it to your situation.

As for your GID, I frankly had no idea about it, but I've no problem with it either. Unfortunately, I'm not equipped to help you in that area. But there are sure to be others here who can be of assistance.

Hopefully this appeases the circumstances some.

Thanks to Caleb for my old one

"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength." Phillipians 4;13
Last Edited by Fire Streak; 04-27-2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Kuden
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-28-2012, 01:24 AM
Posting is a craft i take very seriously
Send a message via AIM to Kuden
View Posts: 3,547

Quote:
Well, I've applied for many jobs and I'm working on my license right now. I graduate in about a week to start college. I don't even feel like talking to them anymore. I've brought it up so many times, that its not even funny. I probably need a psychiatrist to talk to.

I've hurt people with this attitude that I've had recently.
it can't hurt to talk to a counsellor/psychologist/psychiatrist. although i'm studying psychology i'm not accredited to advise you professionally in anyway (haha) whereas they deal with stuff like this all the time.

if you feel like it's necessary, then why not?

Your fire makes it all worthwhile.
[Tumblr/Last.fm/Formspring/Twitter]
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Ummayyad, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thareous View Post
In the meantime, we'll be your...unofficial consultants.

Is there utterly no way to get through to your parents? Surely you can pull them aside and talk to them. I see zero reason why reasonable people would do this...unless there was some logic behind it. I'm not suggesting they're doing this, but it seems to me like they're not helping you because they want you to become independent on your own. In my honest opinion, that's not how children should be raised; it's lazy and irresponsible parenting. If this is indeed the case, then I'd address it.

My advice would be for you to assert yourself to them. Not harshly, but firmly, if possible. Say something like, "I cannot do this by myself. I want to be able to care for myself, but I also need your guidance in some areas. [insert more details if you need to] Also, I've only desired your respect and affection, and I need you to listen and help me past this."

Experiment with that and see it you can apply it to your situation.

As for your GID, I frankly had no idea about it, but I've no problem with it either. Unfortunately, I'm not equipped to help you in that area. But there are sure to be others here who can be of assistance.

Hopefully this appeases the circumstances some.
That could work. I mean I do want them to be happy.

I need to start asking questions. Figuring out life.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuden View Post
it can't hurt to talk to a counsellor/psychologist/psychiatrist. although i'm studying psychology i'm not accredited to advise you professionally in anyway (haha) whereas they deal with stuff like this all the time.

if you feel like it's necessary, then why not?
Come again?
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Yo! ಥ_ಥ Click The Sig ಧ_ಧ
View Posts: 521

Quote:
That could work. I mean I do want them to be happy.

I need to start asking questions. Figuring out life.
Well, if you ever need some a helping hand, I'll be around to offer advice if it's in my ability. You know where to find me. Ring me up and I'll be happy to assist.

Thanks to Caleb for my old one

"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength." Phillipians 4;13