Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2012, 11:13 PM
Doctor Who Doctor Who is a male Canada Doctor Who is offline
Hylian Scholar
Steam ID: TheOriginalPlatypus
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Alberta
View Posts: 173
Do I want to be here?

Hey,

Uhm... I have a major problem. I am feeling like this life isn't for me. This soul in this body does not mix with this world. I've hit a wall. The thing is I know no one can help me. I've tried. I asked the questions, I got no answers because no one seems to know how to answer them.

I don't want a job doing something I don't want to do and don't tell me its a part of life if it is, then why should I live it? Mentally I don't think I can do it.

I want a job doing something I enjoy, I want to skip right to it. The thing is I have a freaking invisible black mark on me that people avoid me like the plague for no god damn reason. Sometimes I wonder if some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ is telling people to stay away from me or if I'm a piece of crap of a person.

I know hardly anyone is going to answer this, its okay. I'll be one less to worry about. I'm in a ♥♥♥♥ty area for work. No ones hiring. I want it to be easy and if you say its hard then that is bull♥♥♥♥. I don't want to break every bone in my body to get a job. That is what it feels like.

No one knows what to say to me it feels like all the time. I feel let down, I feel like I should try to cross the ocean or something. Die out at sea. Or if they want someone in space on a dangerous space exploration no one else will sign up I'll do it. I feel like ♥♥♥♥.

I'm a great bass player! I want to meet other musicians! I need help. I need to get to where I want to. I want to develope games.

I have this great idea for a game.

Basically this game would be about Elementals and humans. There will be a huge mythology on how the Elementals and humans work together and forge the world they live in.

The main plot of the game is there is war, yes this is a cliche story I guess. This war isn't just a regular war its basically the Lightening elementals want control and they think they are the superior being. Basically your character starts of in their prison in the steel fortress of thunder. What happens is you need to figure out how to get out. The first part of the game will be you figuring how what skill you want to use to get out. weather be it stealth, brute strength, engineering, speech and any other skills that could be thought of.

After leaving you find yourself caught inbetween the warzones of the other elementals and lightening elementals. They are all at war with each other. So you can choose to persuade them to join forces with each other and take down the lightening elementals or you can create peace among all the elementals and people.

The main gameplay mechanic is you can do anything you want. You can kill everything however you will have to face the god of death for his throne. After you do that you beat that story.

This will be the first game the next game continues on from what your character did last game with the save file you had from it; new players will take a quiz or a small specialized dungeon.

That is just one of the ideas I have and its not even fully typed out. I've been told I am highly intelligent and I feel that I am! Even though I'm not good with sharing my ideas and will often confuse people or say half the sentence while I said the first half in my head.

I feel cheated, I feel stupid and I feel like I can't do what I want to do. I don't feel like I have a purpose if I can't just jump to where I want to be. You can tell me you have to do hard work. Why does it have to be like that? I already know if I was designing a game I could work hard but it wouldn't be hard work to me it would be me doing what I enjoy.

The thing is you are an internet user who can't help me. Just like my friends out west can't help me, they ignore me most of the time anyways. I always feel like I am not very important to anyone. Even if someone says I am important it sounds like hollow words.

I've been dealing with this ♥♥♥♥ for the last 4 months or so. My phone wont be paid for next month cause I don't have enough money anymore.

Point is I am ♥♥♥♥ed and no one can help me. I have to wait this ♥♥♥♥ out.
__________________
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Lachrymosa Lachrymosa is a female United States Lachrymosa is offline
I should probably be asleep right now...
Join Date: Sep 2011
View Posts: 279
Re: Do I want to be here?

You can't just jump straight into game design without an education because until you are trained you are going to suck at it and waste hundreds or more dollars of your company's resources until you're good at it.

You won't be valuable to any company until you are willing to earn the career you want. You haven't been cheated and you're not stupid, what you are is just impatient. Which is understandable, but there's nothing you can do about the way this world has been built.

I can tell you that you're going to have to put in some very hard work before you can get what you want and I will. You can choose not to listen to it and have an attitude with me and anyone else whose just trying to help you or you can suck it up, get out there, and work for your dreams and earn them.

Happiness is a personal choice, its not something that a job or another person is going to just give you one day.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Doctor Who Doctor Who is a male Canada Doctor Who is offline
Hylian Scholar
Steam ID: TheOriginalPlatypus
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Alberta
View Posts: 173
Re: Do I want to be here?

What is exactly defined by hardwork? I can push pencils all day to earn a bit of money but it means nothing. This world is pathetic in a way it pisses me off everyday. I can ignore it but you know why should I live in a world that doesn't cater to the human variety? The rules were made up by some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ back in europe and we thing we need to have countries. When I think of Countries I think of selfish arrogant people. Thats all they are. Its stupid. WE NEED TO FIGURE OUT A NEW SYSTEM but its never going to happen because we are too ♥♥♥♥ing stupid to do anything. We don't like alternative energy because we complain.

I want to either go live on a different planet where I can SURVIVE and be fine on my own. Yes its hard work but I'd do it if there wasn't laws and there wasn't idiotic toxic people all around me.

Part of me has never learnt what to do in the real world because I have parents that never prepared me. They gave up on my schooling in grade 8 and I am done school now. I had to do it all on my own. Hard work to me is putting up with other peoples ♥♥♥♥ to make it by.

Listen I really just need to start punching a punching bag or something. I just want a quick fix to getting a job and if no one likes that then I should just ♥♥♥♥ing quit.

I need the education ? Well I need some money don't I? I can't crap that out though. I need a pencil pushing job. The system doesn't work for me. The company doesn't care or whatever. What if I don't want to work for a company? What if I want to work for myself to give something I want to create to others and not have someone taint it with their infectious business ♥♥♥♥. I know I need to make money but thats even another contradiction. Everyone on this planet is hardwired to thinking money is the way to go. Its not, the prices of everything keep going up and we are too stupid to do anything. Its like a frog being heated up in boiling water. We just sit around all day and keep pushing those pencils never really achieving anything.

I'll go right out now to say I am freaking intelligent and its going to waste. I know I should be patient but I can't cope with this stupid system. This is ♥♥♥♥ing stupid because I know how to change it but not single soul wants to change it. The majority.

How do you feed 7 billion people?! How does money buy 7 billion people? Money is a crime against humanity, it creates it, it makes man greedy and nothing ever good comes from it its either locked away where you can't see it or its being given to someone else where someone can take it and lock it away.

Money can't save humanity. I just shake an angry fist at this. I feel ashamed that I've been raised in this ♥♥♥♥. You can say in a few years time you'll be fine. You'll just be another money earner and tax payer. Why do I want to do this?? Sure taxes pay for community ♥♥♥♥ and other things but why does it have to be this way? Why can't we change it. Why?

I ask questions and you can't answer them. No one can. Whys this? Humanity wont ever solve its own problems. It will always fail until we are all dead from a disaster and I can't wait till that happens to make it so I can say I was right. Extinction of the human race will be the point that our own existence is a mere joke. The universe beats us in age and intelligence. You see even though its not a living thing, it is. It has its own force and its not life and its not that it can tell us whatever to human terms as intelligence. Theres always more than one answer.

1+1= 11, 2, 1+1, 0, 1, infinity, etc

the point I'm making with that is just because someone says that it equals that because of natural numbers like putting two rocks side by side and saying thats two doesn't mean that that it is just two. It can be 1. There could be 0 because you said there was and if someone says no there is two rocks its justifiable that the rocks could mean nothing. infinity because they are infinite in what you can see. They are a solid mass. 1+1 well because you didn't really put them together they are still 1 rock and 1 rock. You could say that makes 2 and it does however it doesn't have to be one answer.

Yes this would confuse a lot of people, however its not just thinking a single though, think many thoughts and I don't do this for everything the point I'm trying to make is school systems should changed the generation thats in kindergarten should be taught there is more than one answer and teach them how to come up with more than one answer and use their creativity.

Creativity is just as important as academics. You can tell me that you have seen some schools are recognizing this but we are still stuck on the past system that was designed in the enlightenment and structured to fit the industrial revolution. We are still factory setting kids in batches. My serial number is 2011 when it should have been 2010. I struggled in school, didn't do well during the course, when the test came about I would ace it. I knew the answers and I would piss off a lot of teachers but a lot of teachers pissed me off. Highschool doesn't matter anyways as I've learnt.

Why should I have to push pencils instead of going to school for something I enjoy and love to do?

Most of all what makes this world living in? This life is worth is not the area.

I am in a place where jobs are not easy, my step father doesn't feel that way, I am in New Brunswick ranked 8th in GDP. I am not native to this area and I was formally in British Columbia which is ranked 4th in GDP (Gross domestic product).

You can say move away, its not that simple! I need money to move. Where do I get money? A job. How much of a chance can I get a job here? Very few, most you need education for. I've been here for 4 and a half months now. I have so much energy and when I look outside I just can't bring myself to go looking because I know how it feels in this area to find a job. Its JANUARY too. Chances are very slim.

I had two interviews at Wal-mart here, the first one wasn't so successful, the second I would have had a job if it weren't for my Mum buying me tickets to see her in Alberta. At first I was going to apply and work while I was visiting there however she lives on the north side of town which is only housing way down south of there is the downtown centre. It takes an hour and a half to get down there on foot. So I couldn't do it.

Now I am back, Wal-mart hasn't put up any positions on the job bank site. How many jobs are posted there is 51987 all across canada. The jobs in my area is 40. I've checked them all, they require college or university education and there are jobs that I won't last long in at all because they require people who are very outgoing and I am not the greatest out going person. I can be however not that outgoing and I've read what type of person they need and I am not that type.

Job Bank - Results

Thats the jobs in my area and I'm not going to have much luck. From that I just want to wrap a rope around this neck of mine and throw it over a tree and kick the chair from my feet. I'm not sad or depressed. I am happy I have everything I could need, its just this world isn't how I would want it. It doesn't revolve around me however if it was easier to do the jobs you wanted to do then you wouldn't be hearing from me at all. If everyone got the job they wanted then no problem. We have 7 billion people so give them the jobs they want because that is 7 000 000 000 people. They can all have jobs can't they?

510,072,000 km2 is the surface of the earth so why isn't there an abundance of jobs?

Answer all my questions. I want to know these things. I think about them everyday.

This is about how many adults about from the 65.9% that is apparently on this earth.
4613000000


If we just say everyone is the height of 5 feet
23065000000 km is what they would take up.
In other words if we line up the world population in the equator we would have enough to wrap the world about 575545 times.

4613000000 brains between the age of 15-64 years!

"The age structure can also be used to help predict potential political issues. For example, the rapid growth of a young adult population unable to find employment can lead to unrest."

My information
Current Countries with the Adult Population in the World
Earth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think I am a very useful person. However I'm not in a world that needs it because we just stick to the same old same old and new jobs are coming in way to slow. How long do I have to be unemployed?

How does it make you feel that an able bodied person like myself can't grow and prosper? How can't you measure me? Read what I am saying, I've been thinking about this the whole time I've been unemployed. I've had days to think of it and I've been putting everything together. I've been studying the economics of where I live and I've been watching the world for 19 years and I've learnt that we need to change now.

I want help, I want a job, I want an education for free, and then I want a job that will contribute to this world. Even if its making a game.

I want to make a game that is about humanity. Where you play a character such as myself, you grow up fast in game. However each stage of your life is difficult. you are faced with hard difficult choices. Figures such as parents putting you down telling you can do better, school with cloak and dagger bullying, and teachers that doubt you, then after school you have to look for a job in a harsh environment while you have everything else riding on your back. If you make it through you'll be so happy but then it starts there you have options but what one will you take. This game will be designed so the odds are always against you. With a game like this, it wouldn't sell much because people don't want to be reminded what its like. However its a great idea of reflecting what we need to change.

My other game is about nightmares and dreaming. Maybe like Nightmare Ned however its not the same, this game will be soley a glitched out game. Where nothing makes sense sometimes and other times you'll have a really cool game.

I still feel like giving up my life cause I don't feel like I'm born at the right time or born with the right species. :\ Call me a misanthrope if you want. I don't trust mankind and his downfall.
__________________
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Doctor Who Doctor Who is a male Canada Doctor Who is offline
Hylian Scholar
Steam ID: TheOriginalPlatypus
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Alberta
View Posts: 173
Re: Do I want to be here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
I'm getting that you feel very hard done by, and I can sympathize with that. I often don't like situations I find myself in either. I hope you feel better soon.

I was just raised poorly. I have too high expectations for everything including myself. Then I feel bad about myself a lot because I didn't do this or do that. I don't know what I am suppose to do. I am currently living with my step dad for free and I feel guilty because I have no job. I have gone out and handed out to the few places and I have had 2 interviews however my step dad says I haven't gone out enough. I've gone to all the main stores just not the local businesses. I don't like moving fast either. I haven't gone out yet.
__________________
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Lachrymosa Lachrymosa is a female United States Lachrymosa is offline
I should probably be asleep right now...
Join Date: Sep 2011
View Posts: 279
Re: Do I want to be here?

To be honest with you, I didn't even read that entire post. I just skimmed it.

I don't care what your reasons are for why this world as it is doesn't work. And neither will a single person who might ever sign your paycheck one day. I'm sure it was brilliant and made a lot of sense, but its irrelevant to your situation right now.

Have you thought about cutting people's grass, washing cars, baby sitting, house cleaning, dog walking... anything?

And that part about not being very outgoing... that's just an excuse. I have social anxiety and for a living I am a supervisor in a retail store. I have to face my fears each and every day to come home with a paycheck... but I need the money. I want to go to college, too. My parents did not make enough money to pay my way so I have to save up and pay my own way. But instead of sitting at home ranting online about life isn't fair I walked terrified into store after store until I found someone willing to hire me. Customer service is not so bad once you get used to it... There's a script you can follow for basically every situation. Even if you got a job selling cars or something door to door... there is still a script and a manner that you can teach yourself in order to be able to deal with it.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-12-2012, 12:17 AM
Doctor Who Doctor Who is a male Canada Doctor Who is offline
Hylian Scholar
Steam ID: TheOriginalPlatypus
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Alberta
View Posts: 173
Re: Do I want to be here?

The unfortunate part about the outgoing part is I am diagnosed with aspergers syndrome apparently to the doctor. I have to cope with having it and yes there are lots of famous people who have it and are known to be smart. Some of them lucked out with how smart they are about things. I haven't lucked out.

I come online because I feel safe and I know I don't have to constantly think to make sure I'm "Being normal" making facial expressions so I don't look like I am bored or zoned out with out meaning to, keeping eye contact, trying to keep a conversation less about what I want to talk about.

That is MY greatest challenge. I know I'm not the worse and I should stop feeling sorry for myself. I don't have it that hard and life is hard. I know these things. I've been stuck in a habit for 4 years of not doing much. Barely made it through school. I made it, however I just passed everything at 50%.

I know it doesn't mean much haha. I feel like everyone else and most people can't tell but its the subtle thing I notice that people do. I don't know. I worked at Mc Donalds for my first job, worked there for a year then I had to put my 2 weeks in cause I was moving. I should have stayed. I could have done it but I threw it all away to start all over new.

You wouldn't notice I had anything however its a subtle thing that draws people away from me in the end anyways. I don't know where I go wrong and no one can tell me. I want to change that. I always want to be able to keep friends and stuff.
__________________
Last Edited by Doctor Who; 01-12-2012 at 12:21 AM. Reason:
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2012, 03:36 AM
Dog Dog 123 Dog Dog 123 is a female United States Dog Dog 123 is offline
:(
Send a message via AIM to Dog Dog 123 Send a message via Skype™ to Dog Dog 123

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: California
View Posts: 8,558
Re: Do I want to be here?

As a student of computer science, I can tell you that there are a million people out there who "have a great idea!", and I can also tell you that that's the easy part of making something. If you ever plan to see one of these ideas come to life, your best bet is going to be learning to do it yourself. (Also, unless I'm looking at the wrong degrees, if you went to school for game design there's a whole lot of programming you would need anyways.) If you start simple with something like GameMaker, you'll first see why just saying "i want to design games" isn't getting you anywhere, and second you'll (eventually) make your game ideas into a reality. The point is that you're not going to get anywhere just by wishing or telling people all these great ideas you have, you gotta do something about it.

Your very big dense post up there confuses me, but I will say this. The world wasn't just created this way, it evolved. Money makes more sense than, say, pushing around a wheelbarrow of corn until someone wants to trade you an iPad for it. People are greedy, so there needs to be some way to distribute goods. Bartering goods in today's market would be ridiculous, which is why we have a standardized currency (money).

You also had a rant in there about math. Sure, a bunch of it is defined by society, but it works. Without math, you wouldn't have a computer. You wouldn't have video games. Even though the numbers are defined by humans, by working within what we've defined as the rules of math solutions arise and can be applied to real world problems.

So sure, life sucks. And honestly, there's nothing we can do about it. Society evolved this way for one reason or another, so chances are any alternatives would be worse than where we are now.

On the job/aspergers, you just gotta stick with it. Sooner or later you'll find someone who'll hire you. Don't give up so easily, you gotta believe in yourself if you want to get somewhere. :>
__________________
1 person liked this post: Armillary
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2012, 06:01 AM
Doctor Who Doctor Who is a male Canada Doctor Who is offline
Hylian Scholar
Steam ID: TheOriginalPlatypus
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Alberta
View Posts: 173
Re: Do I want to be here?

I've done RPG maker 2000, XP, and VX, they are fun if you want to make a cookie cutter game. The point I wanted to make is I want to be in school! I need the education for it. I don't have it right now and I can't afford it. The job thing? Well I can talk to a perfect stranger and not have a problem. My issue is getting out of the house. I have no problem asking to get a job. I've done it multiple times.

All the stuff I said about everything else well... I said it because those thoughts still bother me. I wont ever agree with money because people who think that its good are hardwired to think thats the only solution to our world and well its failing at a high rate of speed. It doesn't take an Einstein to realize that our prices of things are rising as well as how much we make. Its going to crash and I've talked to many people who say that yeah I guess it will crash many of them being adults. We all hate the money system in the end because its a crime towards humanity as it suppresses cultural freedoms in a sense, creates greed to a scale of someone making a tonne of money and never spending any of it just so they can say they have a lot of money, and there are just too many things it has done that you can't really say it is a good thing.

You can disagree however there have been people who have done things for free and given it away for free. Money will always be a controversial issue in our world. You need it to survive apparently and if an alien race comes to enslave the human race lets give them the ol' million dollars to leave us alone... No. We will get completely destroyed. The rest of the universe doesn't give a crap that we use some piece of paper as a way to "balance" the world. I want to be a part of the group of people who come up with a better solution to money. How much debt does the world owe?

Most of the ownership is all in peoples heads. Its all made up in the minds of man. In nature it doesn't actually exist. A bear doesn't think he can go start cutting down trees and then say hey give me $20 and I'll give you these logs and fish.

I think I would have been better off in old times with the aboriginal background I have. Head back before Europeans came and pretty much said "this world is ours" and I would sustain the land and not rape and pillage it for some false currency. Yeah sure no video games or what have you. At least I wouldn't be damaging the world around me. If you want to say some smart comment about it I've taken the course and its my culture as well so you can't convince me of any other point. I'm not saying Europeans wrecked everything however they did create a lot of harm and now we all suffer because of this and now we have countries and its quite silly to me why we do. We are really not all the different. I do have a white background as well on my mothers side. So racial hate is a joke to me because I am comprised of people who at some point hated each other. In the end its a contradiction all in its own and being your own nation or whatever... You are still a human at the end of the day.

Money is just a sad excuse to buy things we don't need as well. Tell me what it is ever good for? People use it to get drugs or sell them. So much crime is involved to get it. I don't know. My point is money isn't good for many things that its good side is even tainted with bad. You can't argue that we need to figure out something new and that at some point it will crash and we will be scrambling. Its going to possibly happen in my lifetime.

Completely irrelevant to the job thing but its why I question why I want to be here or not. Which is why I need help. I see the world differently and maybe I'm wrong sometimes.

The game developer thing, where do you even go to start with your own ideas? The industry is set up really awkwardly and most times you'll be making someone else's game. It makes me want to develop independently rather than go into some big game developing company where they are whipped like dogs pulling a dog sled. Yeah I wouldn't mind doing the game titles I've always loved and enjoyed however I don't want to do that and start going on ideas I've had and make those. I have barely seen anyone do that in the major industry. Minecraft is one of my inspirations to make my own game by myself. I do know some programming however its not enough to do much. I want to be able to write clean code as well and not take some internet tutorial that will teach me very bad habits.

I would be the guy who develops a game by myself if I can't make the ideas in a company. Then I would give it for very cheap. Even if its worth $60.. I would sell it for $10. It would be like selling MW3 for that price. Everyone would be pulling a trigger and blowing their brains out and point fingers at me questioning why I would even do such a crazy thing. Yeah I do realize the costs to make a game. However you already know my feelings towards money. I'm not going to live "big" I'll buy a small house that doesn't take up acres and acres, a small car that is environmentally friendly, and I would like to live a little bit out of the way of other people. Mankind you are scary and sometimes I need a break from it all.
__________________
Last Edited by Doctor Who; 01-13-2012 at 06:08 AM. Reason:
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Dog Dog 123 Dog Dog 123 is a female United States Dog Dog 123 is offline
:(
Send a message via AIM to Dog Dog 123 Send a message via Skype™ to Dog Dog 123

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: California
View Posts: 8,558
Re: Do I want to be here?

Quote:
I've done RPG maker 2000, XP, and VX, they are fun if you want to make a cookie cutter game.
I suggested Game Maker because it isn't cookie cutter. All kinds of flexibility in it.

Quote:
My issue is getting out of the house. I have no problem asking to get a job. I've done it multiple times.
What makes it hard to get out of the house? Is it just a limitation of not having a car? Is there a bus system or something you could use? Do you have a bike? Well, bike might not be the best solution in winter.

Quote:
Completely irrelevant to the job thing but its why I question why I want to be here or not.
The real question is whether or not you have other options. There's money everywhere, kinda hard to get away from that on earth. Pretty sure there's no space shuttle plan to give you your own planet. And the whole death thing seems complicated, probably not a good choice either.

Quote:
Minecraft is one of my inspirations to make my own game by myself. I do know some programming however its not enough to do much. I want to be able to write clean code as well and not take some internet tutorial that will teach me very bad habits.
Do you have a local two year school near you? Tuition should be a lot lower than at a university, you wouldn't need to worry about being accepted, and you might be able to get some financial aid (again, don't know what's near you). They'll have programming classes, if that's your goal, and it'll set you on the write track in terms of habits and give you the knowledge to create graphics (or implement classes that create them). Have you looked into options like this? Is there any reason you're not doing this?

Quote:
I would be the guy who develops a game by myself if I can't make the ideas in a company. Then I would give it for very cheap. Even if its worth $60.. I would sell it for $10. It would be like selling MW3 for that price. Everyone would be pulling a trigger and blowing their brains out and point fingers at me questioning why I would even do such a crazy thing. Yeah I do realize the costs to make a game.
Making a game can actually cost nothing. However, if you've got an actual team and are creating games at the level of Call of Duty, it costs money to pay all the people making it so they can, you know, feed their families or pay the bills (or buy video games). Of course it still seems like you're assuming it's easy to just go out and make Call of Duty.

Quote:
Mankind you are scary and sometimes I need a break from it all.
You know that you're still part of mankind, right?
__________________
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Doctor Who Doctor Who is a male Canada Doctor Who is offline
Hylian Scholar
Steam ID: TheOriginalPlatypus
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Alberta
View Posts: 173
Re: Do I want to be here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dog 123 View Post
I suggested Game Maker because it isn't cookie cutter. All kinds of flexibility in it.
I've done game maker in the past, my only thing is, I suck at sprite making. They all turn out to be crazy looking cartoons that a 2 year old made.


Quote:
What makes it hard to get out of the house? Is it just a limitation of not having a car? Is there a bus system or something you could use? Do you have a bike? Well, bike might not be the best solution in winter.
I have to walk in 2-3 feet of snow and we are still going to get more. There will be at least 6-7 feet of snow before the swing of spring comes through... Or at least thats what I am told.


Quote:
The real question is whether or not you have other options. There's money everywhere, kinda hard to get away from that on earth. Pretty sure there's no space shuttle plan to give you your own planet. And the whole death thing seems complicated, probably not a good choice either.
Yeah I know, if I had the chance to live on my own planet I'd do it. Haha. Death is complicated, I only think of it because I just get fed up with how this world makes me feel sometimes. I never shaped it this way, my elders did and I don't know whether to thank them or not. I want to change the world some how throughout my life. Not sure how however I will try my hardest.


Quote:
Do you have a local two year school near you? Tuition should be a lot lower than at a university, you wouldn't need to worry about being accepted, and you might be able to get some financial aid (again, don't know what's near you). They'll have programming classes, if that's your goal, and it'll set you on the write track in terms of habits and give you the knowledge to create graphics (or implement classes that create them). Have you looked into options like this? Is there any reason you're not doing this?
There is, and its game design (I assume using engines and stuff) and game programming (creating the engines? or modifying them), and its about a 2 hour drive away from me. I'm not sure if I even want to stay in New Brunswick which is where I am currently.

I have looked into it and I'm not sure how to approach it. I've never done it and I don't know. I like knowing what will happen for some reason, I like knowing where I'm suppose to go, and now all that has changed for me and I'm left in confusion because I don't want to run around like an idiot trying to find out where to go in life and tripping over my feet. Not literally but you know. I'm more of an engine person I feel, I want to develop a ATB (active time battle) RPG battle system. Start it off as text based then add some sort of graphic after or apply it as a mod to a currently already made game.


Quote:
Making a game can actually cost nothing. However, if you've got an actual team and are creating games at the level of Call of Duty, it costs money to pay all the people making it so they can, you know, feed their families or pay the bills (or buy video games). Of course it still seems like you're assuming it's easy to just go out and make Call of Duty.
Yeah... Call of Duty is what I was afraid of... I miss old Rare... Back when Golden Eye was the top shooter back in the day... Now All 007 games are just using the Call of Duty engine and most of the call of duty games feel like a 007 game anyways except your not James, you are some random guy doing missions that are completely unrealistic and without as many gadgets.

I wouldn't mind making a Call of Duty game, I wouldn't make a Modern warfare type title though. I'd basically make an extensively long campaign where you have many options and multiple endings... Not sure what treyarch or whats left of infinity ward would like that idea too much... And online play, you can have pretty much guns from 1920's to 1980's. You level up your gun as well like in MW3 except you can actually change a lot of options on it as well as becoming more proficient at using the gun as you progress through online gameplay. You can change the bullet types and change the barrel length and small mechanics on the gun.

For killstreaks... Well I would actually make those realistic. When you kill a certain amount of players you can get whatever the killstreak is however depending on what it is, you'll have to wait for some because you can just instantly call a bombing on a map just like that, you'll get a call saying we are ready to deploy the B52. Not like how it is now where its instant. However players might get prepared for these strikes so I'd make it so its always random when they are ready. I'd also make a map where it would be a constant warzone where bots are running through and explosions are happening.. Not sure if it can happen now since it would cause a lot of lag.

Haha I like all games generally. I don't like one over the other. Zelda is my highest of course. I would love to developer for nintendo however I don't think that would ever happen anytime soon unless I was a third party developer... Even then, its not Nintendo or the Zelda team.


Quote:
You know that you're still part of mankind, right?
Yeah I know, I can still not like it though for certain aspects though.
__________________
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Big_Boxx Big_Boxx is a male United States Big_Boxx is offline
Twili
Join Date: Dec 2011
View Posts: 424
Re: Do I want to be here?

Honestly, I'd feel lucky to have any kind of job at all right now, regardless of what it is. After having been fired from my first job, spending years trying to find a job hasn't shown any results. It makes me angry that there are people who don't care about their jobs and whine and moan about how awful they are, whereas I'm still stuck living off my parents and only ever getting interviews every few months. I've no hope when others who've gone through college can't even find any work around here, especially now that more vets are coming home and being handed jobs on a silver platter just because of the shallow idea that they've "served their country".

Thing is, you can't get anywhere without hard work. You'll probably have to go through a lot of BS and it may not ever pay off. I imagine, though, that it feels a lot better than to be a lazy **** and add one more to those on welfare who don't really need it.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Doctor Who Doctor Who is a male Canada Doctor Who is offline
Hylian Scholar
Steam ID: TheOriginalPlatypus
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Alberta
View Posts: 173
Re: Do I want to be here?

Well yeah hard work. I've done it. I don't know. My feelings are I am not in a good place to find a job. I can get a job but the odds of getting on fast are against me. I do have to go through a lot of BS.

I've had a job and I loved it and worked my ass off. I'd walk 14 KM to get to work if I couldn't get a ride and I would go early. I was hella responsible! I'd go to work with 1 hour of sleep and make it out on top. I'm a great worker. I have only my highschool and I have to take a test to get my drivers.

I can do it however I'm slow at it. I go at a careful and cautious pace. I know I should be faster but I don't like going to fast or else if I had it my way I'd go into a place and demand they give me a job.
__________________
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-16-2012, 05:26 AM
Armillary Armillary is a male United States Armillary is offline
❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
Join Date: Jul 2011
View Posts: 1,274
Re: Do I want to be here?

You sound like a whiny kid. You should really stop complaining so much. You posted that you are intelligent but you don't really come across that way in your posts. You are not going to accomplish any of your lofty goals until you actually start working towards them. Sitting around thinking about how stupid everything is won't get you anywhere.
Last Edited by Armillary; 01-16-2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason:
5 people liked this post: Golddron Sex, Lachrymosa, Nensense, Notsil, Spidey
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Notsil Notsil is a male United States Notsil is offline
The Comeback Kid
Send a message via AIM to Notsil Send a message via Skype™ to Notsil
Steam ID: LTK419 Wii U ID: ZachtotheFuture

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: JT2
View Posts: 13,381
Re: Do I want to be here?

A. Take out a student loan.

Goto college for game/art design/buisness/things related to game design.

Do well in college.

Get a job in game design.

Pay back student loans.

B. Stop complaining about "how hard life is". Everyone was 19 and unemployed at some point. It sucks, but it is part of life and you do have to deal with it, no matter how much you wanna say it isn't and you don't.
__________________
1 person liked this post: Armillary
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Doctor Who Doctor Who is a male Canada Doctor Who is offline
Hylian Scholar
Steam ID: TheOriginalPlatypus
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Alberta
View Posts: 173
Re: Do I want to be here?

Okay now what people are saying is redundant, and somewhat irrelevant to the situation IMO.

Armillary, I don't know what kind of troll you are trying to pull what have you however I assure you I am not a kid and I am not whining about how life is hard, life is hard if you want it to be. I personally think its pretty simple, I wouldn't be here if it was too hard. You want a hard life? Go to Ivory Coast and take a good look. Yeah. Well if you haven't heard of that then.. I don't really care what you have to say. Sorry to have wasted your time. Chances are you had to look up what I'm talking about and I can't test your credibility either.

Notsil, Student loans are not easy to take out. I'm not exactly in a good location and I know absolutely no one. I am miles away from any sort of family other than my step dads side of the family which all speak french. I'm learning slowly through rosetta stone as well as trying it out in this bilingual community I live in. No I didn't spend money to get the program.

My family is on the west coast. Why I moved here? cause it sounded nice. I thought I was going to get a nice start where I can start over. I threw the job I already had away, I was living on my own and well... I could have gotten a second job easily but I didn't and took the easy way out. My own fault.

I understand people get mixed messages about this post. I'm a nomadic type person, I'm used to moving. The last place I lived before would literally change your life forever. People where I used to live are not welcoming unless you meet someone who just moved there like you. Most of my friends there had parents in the military. This is explaining why I didn't feel like I belong anywhere. This place is called Courtenay/Comox on Vancouver Island. A lot of cloak and dagger type stuff happens there...

And the biggest thing and spoilers! I would still be saying some of this even if I had a job anyways. Even if I was working doing the job I really want to do. I'd still complain about how stupid mankind is, I've tested it, I can test on you, I watch what you do, that sounds creepy but I analyse everything. I realize online creditability is pointless and half the time you can't tell if someone is being mr trollface.jpg or not. I can tell you I can be.

Also, you can't learn anything about a person from reading something online. <the obvious.

This was more for me then it was for you. Just venting <-fact. And some people had something good to say and I thank them. This will be my last post anyways. So if a mod can lock this or something. That would be nice. I'm unsubbing to this thread so anything posted past this will be pointless.
__________________
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-17-2012, 01:01 AM
Armillary Armillary is a male United States Armillary is offline
❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
Join Date: Jul 2011
View Posts: 1,274
Re: Do I want to be here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyewatson View Post
Armillary, I don't know what kind of troll you are trying to pull what have you however I assure you I am not a kid and I am not whining about how life is hard, life is hard if you want it to be. I personally think its pretty simple, I wouldn't be here if it was too hard. You want a hard life? Go to Ivory Coast and take a good look. Yeah. Well if you haven't heard of that then.. I don't really care what you have to say. Sorry to have wasted your time. Chances are you had to look up what I'm talking about and I can't test your credibility either.
Almost everything you wrote in the above posts are basically whiny complaints. I'm not sure if our definitions of what constitutes whining and complaining are the same. You keep giving all these reasons why you are so much better than everyone else, yet you have never actually applied any of your supposed skills in the real world. I could be the best lion tamer in the world but if I never leave my house to join the circus I will never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyewatson View Post
+ Student loans are not easy to take out.
+ I'm not exactly in a good location and I know absolutely no one.
+ I am miles away from any sort of family other than my step dads side of the family which all speak french.
+I'm learning slowly through rosetta stone as well as trying it out in this bilingual community I live in.
Everything in the above post with a + next to it is a complaint.

You don't complain much?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyewatson View Post
A lot of cloak and dagger type stuff happens there...
Like what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyewatson View Post
And the biggest thing and spoilers! I would still be saying some of this even if I had a job anyways. Even if I was working doing the job I really want to do. I'd still complain about how stupid mankind is, I've tested it, I can test on you, I watch what you do, that sounds creepy but I analyse everything. I realize online creditability is pointless and half the time you can't tell if someone is being mr trollface.jpg or not. I can tell you I can be.
So you're basically saying that no matter what we say to you it won't make any difference because you aren't going to take it seriously. So this thread should be closed and you should stop posting in the ZU Help Forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyewatson View Post
Also,you can't learn anything about a person from reading something online.[/B] <the obvious.
I have learned all sorts of interesting things about you from this thread alone. Imagine how much more I could learn if I read through all of your posts.
2 people liked this post: <|:D, Lachrymosa
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Doctor Who Doctor Who is a male Canada Doctor Who is offline
Hylian Scholar
Steam ID: TheOriginalPlatypus
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Alberta
View Posts: 173
Re: Do I want to be here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armillary View Post
complain
Well the people up there helped but you are not any cause you don't really understand the problem. Trust me I'm a professional.

Some of you didn't even read all of what I said because when you repeat it... It comes out as a different message. So I understand there is a misunderstanding.

Quote:
You also had a rant in there about math. Sure, a bunch of it is defined by society, but it works. Without math, you wouldn't have a computer. You wouldn't have video games. Even though the numbers are defined by humans, by working within what we've defined as the rules of math solutions arise and can be applied to real world problems.
Where I was going with this, is that there isn't always one answer. Yes it is complaining deal with it. If the world didn't complain we would have some serious issues. Math doesn't have to be done in a certain way all the time. There are short cuts, I think as long as you understand the point of how to do it the long way you should be able to do it the short way. I'm refering to our outdated school system.

Is this world worth fighting for? I have an interview and I'm guaranteed to get the job. Will I stop complaining? No. I'll complain every day and when I can I will take action. Its about time and place.

Being positive on one part has a little bit to do with it. Being positive for everything... Well lets just say the people in the tsunami in japan weren't thinking negative thoughts to bring that to them. (Referencing the Secrets author)


------

Dog Dog 123 was actually pretty helpful. Bravo was too! Thanks man!

The other ones focused on different issues. I understand my post was a little scattered with what was wrong. The job thing wasn't too bad, I knew I was going to get one at some point. I'm pretty patient. See thats something you didn't know. I can say I am spiderman and one day you see me swinging through your street and well. Lets just say you really don't know me that well.

The world is in my opinion a ♥♥♥♥ed up place. Its hard as hell to change anything.

If I had it my way, I'd remove gas and oil and any gas related products, I'd rechange the educational system that is based on a economical and environmental system as well as personal choices somehow meaning if you want to be a game programmer you can and if you want to be a pilot, doctor, nurse, lawyer, and any other job you can and it should be more catered for each person, and I would make jobs of fixing this planet up. Start tree growing programs, provincial park maintenance, I would invent new jobs that never existed and I would make sure everyone is happy. Thats what I would want to contribute. However I can't do this, I have to get into god forsaken politics.

Don't get me wrong, its a nice system however there has to be a different way. It can't be just the way it is. You may know it as what it is now but it is not.

I need help with this however I don't feel that you can help.

So far you should get that I want to be a video game designer/game storyboard/innovator. I am a musician who is fairly good and I am still learning and want to learn more.

I have some issues with this world I was born into.

The path to do anything is really weird and you really don't make much progress. I haven't seen anyone make drastic changes for the good so far since I was born 19 years ago. Maybe some changes. However things are warming up. Our dollar keeps going up. The Stock Market crashes every so often because some dick can't prevent it. Thats another thing why is it so prone to crashing? Why can't we not have a crashing market?

I ask these questions because they are problems that haven't been solved for 100 years.

All we can do is vote for some person in hopes they might make the changes we want to see in our country.

Why do we have to have countries? We are all human? No? Sure we might speak different languages however we all understand the basics of being human.

I get some of my ideas from this book called A Short History of Progress.

Read it. Its a pretty good book and speech.

Gauguin’s Questions are my questions too.

Where do we come from? What are we? Where are we going?


yes I am answering this even though I said I wouldn't. I'm throwing the line and sinker and seeing if I can get any bites.

__________________
1 person liked this post: Bravo
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Lachrymosa Lachrymosa is a female United States Lachrymosa is offline
I should probably be asleep right now...
Join Date: Sep 2011
View Posts: 279
Re: Do I want to be here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyewatson View Post
yes I am answering this even though I said I wouldn't. I'm throwing the line and sinker and seeing if I can get any bites.


Ergo, you are trolling, as you are interested in our replies not because you value the advice or opinions you might get, but for the entertainment of continuing to argue your ideals.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2012, 04:39 AM
Malia Malia is a female The Byzantine Empire Malia is online now
Avalanchemike


Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dancin'-a-go-go, baby
View Posts: 18,907
Re: Do I want to be here?

Closing this thread temporarily to read through it and to make sure no new replies jump in 'til I'm done since I've just received a complaint about this thread. Warnfractions may follow depending what I find. Brb.

---------- Post added at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

Yeah okay

@ Tyewatson:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You in the OP
The thing is you are an internet user who can't help me.
Honestly, man, I read this in your first post and that is more than enough reason for me to keep this thread closed, but silly me, I read through the rest of this thread regardless hoping to find some reason or point to this all.

This forum is for help, not some outlet where you can blog about the injustice of the world. If you post your problems here, then you are to be prepared for people to advise you or to disagree with your point of view. I've read through this and I see a lot of "yeah, I get what you're saying, but _______" and that is honestly coming off as you NOT actually here to seek help, but to just air your grievances. But then again, you basically said in the OP you didn't think anyone could help you. If that's the case this forum, created specifically for people to be open to advice and such, is not for this thread. Even if you DON'T like what people are telling you, keep in mind that people come in here of their own volition to aid you, and that aid won't always be what you want to hear.

Also, this:
Quote:
yes I am answering this even though I said I wouldn't. I'm throwing the line and sinker and seeing if I can get any bites.
No.

Thread stays locked.
3 people liked this post: Armillary, Avalanchemike, Dog Dog 123
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 PM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -