Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#161 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-04-2012, 09:02 PM
sldgkhnds klvhkjlghjdsmk;lgdmkgfkld ;ggfklfj kldfsgk,dg skldgjkmldsgjsdklgm dsklg
View Posts: 8,235
Re: General Advice Thread

This accurately sums up my feelings on Weed better than writing out a paragraph or something

3 people liked this post: Andy, Captain Cornflake, Jaime Lannister
  #162 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-04-2012, 09:23 PM
~DEATH TO AMERICA~
Send a message via AIM to Captain Cornflake Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Cornflake
View Posts: 4,796

The reason it's illegal is not because it's bad, but because it's one of those cases where we have laws in place that are just plain old ♥♥♥♥ing dumb and make no rational sense. Religious fanatics and social conservatives still have these archaic ideas in their heads about mood-altering substances being "oh no it's a drug it's bad," while conveniently overlooking the amount of drugs, stimulants and other substances that are totally legal, that do a whole lot worse.

That and you can't really patent it, so the pharmaceutical companies that bought out our entire government frankly like it to stay illegal so that way they can make more money manufacturing proprietary antidepressants and antianxiety medications that tend to cause more harm than good for lots of people. Because believe me, if it was legal to smoke a cheap joint, people would be doing that instead of paying several hundred dollars a month for some bull♥♥♥♥ prescription.

Just because there's a law in place, doesn't mean the law is anywhere close to being right.
Last Edited by Captain Cornflake; 04-04-2012 at 09:26 PM. Reason:
5 people liked this post: Andy, Brotagonist, Jodd, Panique, RobertStyx
  #163 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-04-2012, 09:32 PM
little zombies wanna eat my brains
View Posts: 5,545

on the topic of antidepressants-

I recently had some recommended to me. The funny thing is, since I've been smoking weed, I've been a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooot less depressed.

hahahahaha

no but really I understand the reasons why its illegal. My WALLOFTEXT was mostly like "omg alcohol<weed" mixed in with a whole lot of anecdotes. Somewhere in there is commentary about how the law helps people form opinions on certain things.
  #164 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Sharia for the UK Sharia for the UK is a male United States Sharia for the UK is offline
Hate my life, love myself
View Posts: 4,842

Weed isn't illegal for me.

It's called being a boss. Some people can get high, other people can go cry.
  #165 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-04-2012, 10:19 PM
little zombies wanna eat my brains
View Posts: 5,545

its status as a narcotic in the US certainly doesnt slow me down. I just have do it behind closed doors or in secluded places.

and not get pulled over on a random DUI check on st pattys day.
  #166 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-05-2012, 10:11 AM
destroy space lincoln
Send a message via AIM to forte Send a message via Skype™ to forte
View Posts: 14,415

what andy says is true. hell, i don't even take those precautions. get a joint, walk in teh open air. i've done that several times in broad daylight, some people look at you weird but nothing bad has happened yet.

then of course there's my favorite way of smoking weed. get cig papers, buy american spirit tobacco, get some weed, and roll spliffs.

dont even get me started on just how not precautionary i am when i have spliffs. i'll smoke weed in front of a cops face if it's mixed right in a spliff.

1 person liked this post: Captain Cornflake
  #167 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Yep, Papahl got lost, just like he said!

View Posts: 2,272

Hey-ho whoever,

I'm thinking of having a cover-up tattoo and just wanted some advice from anyone who has had one or knows about it...

My current tattoo is roughly the size of a small fist on my shoulder, black outline with a watercolour-like blue and somewhat faded. This is the image I'd like to cover it up with... Will this work or should I try to get laser removal first? I'm a little sceptical about the "ghosting" effect it leaves behind (and put off by the pain/money involved) but if it did remove it completely I guess I wouldn't need to get a cover-up.

Also, opinion on the tatt?
  #168 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-06-2012, 01:09 AM
~DEATH TO AMERICA~
Send a message via AIM to Captain Cornflake Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Cornflake
View Posts: 4,796

Quote:
Originally Posted by forte View Post
what andy says is true. hell, i don't even take those precautions. get a joint, walk in teh open air. i've done that several times in broad daylight, some people look at you weird but nothing bad has happened yet.

then of course there's my favorite way of smoking weed. get cig papers, buy american spirit tobacco, get some weed, and roll spliffs.

dont even get me started on just how not precautionary i am when i have spliffs. i'll smoke weed in front of a cops face if it's mixed right in a spliff.
Upvote on the American Spirits here, hell yes.

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

One of my roommates got me started on using Game cigars for blunts. Besides the usual tobacco wrapper, there's an outer wrapper made out of a whole leaf, so they burn realllllly slow. Not exactly stealthy, but it's a solid trade-off IMO.
Last Edited by Captain Cornflake; 04-06-2012 at 01:10 AM. Reason:
1 person liked this post: Andy
  #169 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Sharia for the UK Sharia for the UK is a male United States Sharia for the UK is offline

My friend is completely pasased out at 3oclock after nooon, I keep trying to awake him, which he does,but mI can't get him to waken up. I'm thinking about getting his parents involved./

We're both 20 and if he wasnt reacting I'd already have called on him. What ami I supposed to do. He's o the end of passed out, but I have not fouind reason to all the ambulance so I won;'t but what am I supposed to do? I'm at the point of calling his parent to pick him up./

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Soor for mistyping , bnecause I'm not soberf
  #170 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Golddron Sex Golddron Sex is a male United States Golddron Sex is offline
Thank you
View Posts: 5,136

I feel like calling an ambulance could be a good idea if he isn't responding.

Did he take anything besides the implied alcohol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanchemike View Post
pokefags woke the dragon and are gonna find out they're not weak to ice types
  #171 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-06-2012, 07:15 PM

No, after getting cut up struggling with him he's fine.

I went to his parent's house to try to get them but I didn't stop at his mom's work (which was along the way) and they weren't there, after which he started choking me so I had to beat his ass , but after which things are alright.

A bunch of ♥♥♥♥ happened like I really had to beat his ass but everything's alright now except I knocked the glasses off of them and I don't know were they went. I probably llooked like a tweaker yelling in someone's face while trhey were lying down but sht happens and I'mma accept it.
  #172 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-06-2012, 07:54 PM
destroy space lincoln
Send a message via AIM to forte Send a message via Skype™ to forte
View Posts: 14,415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Cornflake View Post
Upvote on the American Spirits here, hell yes.

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

One of my roommates got me started on using Game cigars for blunts. Besides the usual tobacco wrapper, there's an outer wrapper made out of a whole leaf, so they burn realllllly slow. Not exactly stealthy, but it's a solid trade-off IMO.
hm...never really tried that. that sounds dope. and yeah d00d, i'm all about spirits. so tasty.

some advice wanted...

okay so as some of you might know i come from a very financially unstable house. my parents are far from well-off. my mom works a minimum wage job and my stepdad makes an average salary but he finds himself out of work a lot (his field is slowly disintegrating so he gets jobs at places and often is laid off because they don't need his expertise anymore). thank god he has a job at the moment. my home has almost been foreclosed more than once, we struggle paying bills, and as a result i'm a freshman in college who struggles to even be allowed to go to school due to payment problems. not only that, but i'm failing pretty much all of my classes. a fault of my own, i'll admit, but it's a problem either way.

as a result of my inability to focus on school work and the financial situation i grew up with i often have fears of the future. why wouldn't i? money doesn't mean anything they say, but when you grow up without it and everyone else seems to have it it suddenly becomes a very, very sought-after item. i look at all my peers, who's parents have money and can afford to buy their teenage kids mid-range cars new and can pay for their college out-of-pocket without even noticing a dent in their wallets. and i look at how they were instilled from birth these strange work-ethics that i sometimes wish i had because it results in them actually passing their classes and it gives them this rightful confidence that they're going to succeed in their major (usually pre-med for whatever reason...) and they're going to be like their parents and be doctors and have money and also be able to give their kids a preposterous amount of spending money to blow on stupid ♥♥♥♥. and it just results in scaring the ♥♥♥♥ out of me. i'm an english major who would hate to be a teacher. even if by the grace of god i was able to pay for school all 4 years and i actually somehow passed all of my classes i'm not even in a field that often yields positive fiscal results.

as a result of this i find myself drowning myself day-after-day in anything i can get my hands on, be it substances like alcohol (i seriously drink too much for my age if i expect to NOT be an alcoholic) or weed or cigarettes, or television shows or music or the internet or just hanging out with friends. anything i can do to escape the in-my-eyes dim future that i must have set out for me. which is so counter-productive because the future is crafted by the decisions i make today. it's so stupid. i'm immobilized by fear of the future (and that's genuinely how i feel most days. stagnant, immobile), but that inaction is exactly what is setting my future on a track for failure. i look at my little brothers and how young they are and i wake up every morning with this terrible burden. i feel like it's my job to get them out of this ♥♥♥♥ing house and to help them in the future. i don't blame my parents for anything, i ♥♥♥♥ing love them to death. but my mom is like 43 working a minimum wage job with no degrees save her high school one. what is she supposed to do now? what can she do now? which is why i feel that it's on me. i am still young as ♥♥♥♥ and my future could still be...mostly anything. if i make something out of it, i can help my family. but what the ♥♥♥♥ can i do in the position i'm in now? barely affording school, failing it in the first place...

this leads me to my life's dream. it might sound silly, and that's fine. i can't deny what i know i want. all day every day i find myself dreaming of making it as a musician. i'm fascinated and obsessed with the arts, music in particular, and it's ACTUALLY a field that doesn't require me to do good in school, and if i do make it it results in a hefty salary. it also isn't as taxing as every other job that i find so mind-numbingly terrible in every sense (this applies to...most jobs). there's a reason i'm not pre-med, working my ass off to get good grades. because even though the financial security is great and it's a much more achievable thing than making it as a musician (seriously how many people make it as a musician?), it is so goddamn unbearable to me. let me clarify btw, and this is the worst part of it all, i play no instruments and can't sing. i make no effort to be able to do either of those things. there's hip-hop, it is my favorite genre and it doesn't require knowing instruments or being able to sing, but rapping is a whole other skill, like singing, and i can't do it. i think it would be phenomenal to be a rapper though. that's prolly my actual dream, specifically. now let's say that i could rap, i'm still competing with thousands upon thousands of youths and not-youths who work harder, are better, and also won't make it. the problem with MY dream, is that it seems so impossible that i don't even want to go for it because if i fail, which is often the outcome of dreams like that, i'm left with nothing. then again i guess if that's where i'm headed anyway, may as well try and win the lottery and if i fail i'll just be where i was going to be anyway. a kid with a high school diploma.

so here i am, finally growing up, being independent, and the future is not only scary, but not bright at all. the dilemma i face is making decisions now that will somehow, in the not-at-all predictable future, land me in a place in my life that i actually like. i'm a picky mother♥♥♥♥er so there's not many places i'd like to be. but how can i know if any decision i make now will actually take me there? and what's worse is...how the ♥♥♥♥ do i stop being so goddamn apathetic and actually take action to achieve my aspirations? because as of right now, if i keep going the way i'm going, there is no question in my mind where i'll be. a substance-abusing, minimum-wage-working guy, prolly living with a friend in a bad house in a bad part of town, putting off every day and waiting til tomorrow. which is what i'm already doing. and goddamn do i not want that. as much as there is a freedom and beauty to that lifestyle that i love in concept, there's also this inescapable, depressing, sadness to it as well and i really don't want to be that guy.

i ♥♥♥♥ing hate growing up d00d.

Last Edited by forte; 04-06-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason:
1 person liked this post: Andy
  #173 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-08-2012, 08:37 PM
ʕ͡ᴥʔ
Send a message via Skype™ to Lly

View Posts: 5,780

Quote:
Originally Posted by forte View Post
so here i am, finally growing up, being independent, and the future is not only scary, but not bright at all. the dilemma i face is making decisions now that will somehow, in the not-at-all predictable future, land me in a place in my life that i actually like. i'm a picky mother♥♥♥♥er so there's not many places i'd like to be. but how can i know if any decision i make now will actually take me there? and what's worse is...how the ♥♥♥♥ do i stop being so goddamn apathetic and actually take action to achieve my aspirations? because as of right now, if i keep going the way i'm going, there is no question in my mind where i'll be. a substance-abusing, minimum-wage-working guy, prolly living with a friend in a bad house in a bad part of town, putting off every day and waiting til tomorrow. which is what i'm already doing. and goddamn do i not want that. as much as there is a freedom and beauty to that lifestyle that i love in concept, there's also this inescapable, depressing, sadness to it as well and i really don't want to be that guy.
hey buddy!

so first of all, I'm just going to start by saying that the things you are feeling now are things that I have been feeling for the past 3 years of my life. moreso some times (this week, for instance) than others. I can relate to your situation--and the way you are dealing with it--very well.

here is some concrete advice that I can give you.

1. it is completely okay to continue fantasizing about being a musician, but if you're not making any effort to become one, don't convince yourself that you're going to be a musician. it sucks. there are a lot of things I used to want to be, but the road there was just too rocky, improbable, far and expensive. I know this is follow-your-dreams-America, but I'm a practical person. so I don't stop dreaming about being those things, but there are things that are more within my reach that I also want to be.

2. surround yourself with people who challenge and inspire you. I got a lot better and more directed once I started hanging out with people who were striving towards things I admire. I like my friends who are preMed majors. but I also love knowing people who work in politics, publishing, radio, television and journalism. these are all things I love, and seeing them do well makes me want to do well. they are constant sources of advice and ideas.

3. get a job. a job you hate, or a job you like. any job. just start applying. seriously. I don't know WHERE I would be if I did not have all this job experience (which I started gathering in my sophomore year of college.) when I graduate, I have essentially nothing to fall back on, but armed with a good resume, I at least have something with which to fight in the wild wasteland that is our job market.

4. take different classes. change your major. if you're don't have any positive feelings about what you're doing, what you're doing is not for you.

5. read the New York Times every day. I'm not quite sure why this helped me, but it did. read the front page, international, national, new york, arts, and business. I can't explain it, but being informed instilled in me a weird sense if ingenuity and capability.

that's about it. buena suerte.
  #174 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-16-2012, 08:08 PM
asimovian
View Posts: 4,159

I figured this didn't need it's own thread, since it's a pretty small question. :>

I've been playing clarinet for several years with middle school/high school band. Next year is my senior year and I'm thinking about switching to bass clarinet because it has always interested me and it would benefit the band since one of our two bass clarinet players is graduating.

Is the transition from Bb clarinet to bass clarinet relatively smooth? I just want to know what I'm getting into before I ask my director about it.

Thanks in advance! (:

cause there's something between us anyway
  #175 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-17-2012, 02:07 AM
Who told you I was paranoid? Was it the government?
View Posts: 989

I'm obsessed to prove something to someone that I was right all along for about 3 years now. Even though there's an evidence that showed I was wrong last year, I still have this instinct and gut feeling that I'm still right. Is that my instinct or I've been obsessed for too that I just don't want to end it and move on till they said I was right? It drains me mentally and I know it's emotionally unhealthy. What do I do to stop being obsessed about this matter and finally, move on and stop cracking this case.

Thanks in advace!
Last Edited by Araneaes; 04-17-2012 at 02:10 AM. Reason:
  #176 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 5,803

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneaes View Post
I'm obsessed to prove something to someone that I was right all along for about 3 years now. Even though there's an evidence that showed I was wrong last year, I still have this instinct and gut feeling that I'm still right. Is that my instinct or I've been obsessed for too that I just don't want to end it and move on till they said I was right? It drains me mentally and I know it's emotionally unhealthy. What do I do to stop being obsessed about this matter and finally, move on and stop cracking this case.

Thanks in advace!
Depending on the thing or the person, obsession can be a good or bad thing.

Without knowing what it is, its probably best to let it go.
  #177 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-17-2012, 03:18 PM
<3
View Posts: 1,129

I have a general question.

I am going on vacation, about 200 miles away from home. While I'm away, should I continue to call on my job applications, and places I've applied to? I only ask because, it's not like I can just turn right around and drive 200 miles back, if I were to get hired somewhere up here.

So should I just wait to call them when I get back from my vacation?

Thank you, ZU.

AC:NL Dream Addy: 5300-2537-8510
  #178 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-17-2012, 11:38 PM
No need to ask my name to figure out how cool I am.
View Posts: 4,790

Hi, I need to rant to someone via PM!
  #179 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-18-2012, 03:39 AM
heart of a lion
Send a message via Skype™ to Red
View Posts: 15,922

You should know by now I'm always willing to listen to you. :<

Unless its something you need to talk about with another vaginabearer and you don't think I'd be able to help or somethin
  #180 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-21-2012, 12:40 AM
Who told you I was paranoid? Was it the government?
View Posts: 989

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyaki View Post
Depending on the thing or the person, obsession can be a good or bad thing.

Without knowing what it is, its probably best to let it go.
Question is how?
2 years have passed and I'm still trying to prove it. Am I really too obsessed to proved that I was right all along and I won't rest this case unless they admit that I was right?

Tags
drikky poppa, ladies, tattoo