Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#61 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2009, 11:55 AM
You must be interested in me.
Send a message via AIM to Bingo
Steam ID: Bingo675
View Posts: 3,856
Re: Hero of Twilight IS a Hero of Time Desendent, according JAPANESE in-game quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBaconsock View Post
We already have full confirmation that Zelda wii will not feature the same Link from TP. Or rather, that it's taking place in a completely different era.
We sure have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anann View Post
It is more likely to be TP Link based on tunic alone, since all recent Links share haircolor.

There is little reason for it to be OoT Link, considering the consequences of removing the sword in that timeline.

Not to mention he already had a sequel, so give it a damn rest. He isn't worthy of another sequel. The hero of time was a scrub.
Ocarina of Time Link is still a favorite, as far as I can tell. All of the games lately just feed off the story and success of Ocarina of Time. People do miss that Link.
  #62 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Banned User
Send a message via Yahoo to Potent Col
View Posts: 1,416
Re: Hero of Twilight IS a Hero of Time Desendent, according JAPANESE in-game quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo675 View Post
We sure have.

Ocarina of Time Link is still a favorite, as far as I can tell. All of the games lately just feed off the story and success of Ocarina of Time. People do miss that Link.
Ocarina of Time completely stole nearly everything from A Link to the Past, the game that introduced the true, popular Zelda forumla, landmarks, and music.
  #63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Royal Hylian
View Posts: 927

Which in itself owed a great deal to the original Legend of Zelda, rather than Zelda II. It's almost like the series evolves slowly over time with each successive release or something crazy like that.
  #64 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,110

Who else but Nintendo could get away with making a critically acclaimed rehash (TP) of a critically acclaimed rehash (OoT) of a critically acclaimed rehash? (ALTTP)
  #65 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2009, 04:26 PM
SectarianOrigin SectarianOrigin is a male United States SectarianOrigin is offline
Mogma
View Posts: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBaconsock View Post
We already have full confirmation that Zelda wii will not feature the same Link from TP. Or rather, that it's taking place in a completely different era.
I guess I'm a little behind the times. When and where was this comirmed?
  #66 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2009, 04:35 PM
MrBaconsock, Totakeke
View Posts: 2,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by SectarianOrigin View Post
I guess I'm a little behind the times. When and where was this comirmed?
Quote:
IGN: At your developer roundtable this week, you showed off a single piece of artwork from the next Wii Zelda game. This piece of art has not yet been released publicly, but we noticed that Link appears to have grown to full adulthood. He looks older than he did in Twilight Princess. Is that a correct assumption?

Shigeru Miyamoto: Well, the story setting for this Zelda is, of course, in a completely different era and Link is older than he was previously. More approaching adulthood. There is one hint. Maybe from the art work you can see that he's not holding a sword.
  #67 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-28-2009, 12:08 AM
You must be interested in me.
Send a message via AIM to Bingo
Steam ID: Bingo675
View Posts: 3,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link92 View Post
Who else but Nintendo could get away with making a critically acclaimed rehash (TP) of a critically acclaimed rehash (OoT) of a critically acclaimed rehash? (ALTTP)
I dunno. Although I see your point, I like what JoGoron said. ALttP may have made the formula, but OoT gave it more soul. It can be said TWW gave it originality and a more theatrical look, while TP gave it a graphics style everyone was looking for.

EDIT: Potent, you're a girl?
Last Edited by Bingo; 08-28-2009 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #68 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Sage of Wisdom

Quote:
I dunno. Although I see your point, I like what JoGoron said. ALttP may have made the formula, but OoT gave it more soul. It can be said TWW gave it originality and a more theatrical look, while TP gave it a graphics style everyone was looking for.
I actually found that ALTTP made the formula, OoT revolutionized it, tWW played with it, and TP perfected it with its superior gameplay, especially with controls and combat.
  #69 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Banned User
Send a message via Yahoo to Potent Col
View Posts: 1,416

A Link to the Past didn't rehash anything. The previous two Zelda games before it were very basic and had little to no storyline and and the second took place in a completely different overworld to all over Zeldas (aside from Phantom Hourglass, that was also set in the upper right and unflooding Advetnure of Link overworld, from the looks of it).

A Link to the Past introduced the Master Sword, Kakariko Village, most common Zelda music, River Zoras, Zora's Domain, Lake Hylia, Hyrule Castle, Zelda's theme itself, traditional dungeons, elements, common Zelda gameplay, the traditional storyline, part of Hyrule's history, influenced the timeline, brought about the desert, Hyrule Field, inspired the creation of the Gerudo, properly introduced the Trifroce, ect..

The Legend of Zelda merely had a dead overworld that lacked landmarks, and the storyline was just: put the Trifroce of Wisdown together and defeath Ganon. The end. The dungeons were very basic and lacked elements (water dungeons, fire dungeons, ect..).

Ocarina of Time copied A Link to the Past in every damn way: Zelda trapped in crystal, recived the Master Sword via three stones, awaken the seven Sages as opposed to maidens, save Hyrule. And much more.

Twilight Princess differented itself from both of them: you had to visit temple ruins to find the Master Sword and needed it for the purpose of returning Link to his normal state and riding him of twilight via its own light, not just get it using three stones. Zelda wasn't trapped in crystal, but sacraficed herself and was captured to save Midna's life and hide her soul within her. The only thing captured was Zelda's lifeless corpse. The only similar storyline thing was that it was Ganondorf, but his business was completely different: it involved execution, discovering his power, assinating one of the Etheral Sages, being sent to another dimension and manipulating the tribe there, hiding his power, and using twilight to make a comeback.

Ocarina of Time felt like A Link to the Past, but Twilight Princess didn't feel like neither of them. The only similarities it had to A Link to the Past were for continuity reasons - how the Master Sword went from in a temple to being in a grove.

Quote:
EDIT: Potent, you're a girl?
It's a secret to everyone.
The name makes it impossible to know.
Last Edited by Potent Col; 08-29-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #70 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Quod tu es, ego fui; quod nunc sum, et tu eris
View Posts: 6,192

Ocarina did only one thing: it brought Zelda into 3-d and they didn't fail with it.

It doesn't deserve the fanbase it has because all the zelda games that have come after have improved upon the game, in a very big fashion.

Hell you can't even move the camera around in OoT, playing the n64 games nowadays feels simply clunky.

Ангелы и демоны кружили надо мной
Рассекали тернии и млечные пути
Не знает счастья только тот,
Кто его зова понять не смог...

#71 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anann View Post
Ocarina did only one thing: it brought Zelda into 3-d and they didn't fail with it.

It doesn't deserve the fanbase it has because all the zelda games that have come after have improved upon the game, in a very big fashion.

Hell you can't even move the camera around in OoT, playing the n64 games nowadays feels simply clunky.
Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Did I mention Thank you?

I have been saying that forever. Every console Zelda game after OoT has outperformed it in every aspect of the word. Majora's Mask's sword combat was slightly faster, the graphics were slightly better, the characters were much more compelling, and there was much more variety in gameplay.

The Wind Waker's combat was more agile and had more variety, and actually gave Ganondorf some depth.

Twilight Princess' sword, projectile, and horseback combat were literally flawless. You could now fight enemies with much more variety in sword combat with a ton of new ways to kill enemies, you could use your sword on horseback, and horseback controls weren't as clunky as hell like they were in Ocarina, and projectile aiming with the wii's pointer, well, it was perfect. Also, each of these games have more sidequests and minigames than OoT.

But none of the above stops the fanboys from claiming the exact opposite.
  #72 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Link_I_Gannon Link_I_Gannon is a male United States Link_I_Gannon is offline
Banned User
Send a message via Yahoo to Link_I_Gannon
View Posts: 1,053

I just have one thing to say. Twilight Princess and Tact of Wind are parallels. There is no way that the Hero's Bow is the same one in both of these games because only one comes after Majora's Mask.
  #73 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link_I_Gannon View Post
I just have one thing to say. Twilight Princess and Tact of Wind are parallels. There is no way that the Hero's Bow is the same one in both of these games because only one comes after Majora's Mask.
When Wind Waker a.k.a Tact of Wind was being made, the split timeline wasn't a clear timeline issue yet. So at the time of Wind Waker's early gameplay development, as far as the game was concerned, Majora's Mask's Hero's Bow was the same as the Hero's Bow in Wind Waker. But the split timeline has changed that. Majora's Mask's Hero's Bow is the same one we see in Twilight Princess.
  #74 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Banned User

Yes, I am aware of all of that. I think that was the design of Aonuma when he came in as producer the games.
  #75 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 39

this might be true!but wasnt the bow from OOT not MM??
  #76 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Banned User

No, on OT it was the Fairy's Bow. On MM it was the Hero's Bow.
  #77 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 39

oh!now it makes sense!MM has hero bow
  #78 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-30-2009, 04:53 PM
His fingers constantly thinks differently than his head.
View Posts: 1,179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link_I_Gannon View Post
No, on OT it was the Fairy's Bow.
But couldn't the Fairy Bow's Name be changed to Hero's Bow, because Link(adult) used it to help defeat Ganondorf? If so, then OoT Link(adult) bow is the same as WW Link bow.
  #79 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-30-2009, 05:03 PM
Banned User

Well, the Hero of Time obtains the Hero's Bow anyway. This, of course, happens in the child timeline with Majora's Mask. Twilight Princess follows the events of Majora's Mask and Tack of Wind is parallel to that.

But, I suppose that the bow Link gets in Tact of Wind could be that of the Fairy's Bow with the name changed; though that is never implied in-game.
  #80 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-31-2009, 12:41 AM
Spirit of Seasons
Send a message via AIM to Viral
View Posts: 1,657

Alright, just from reading the first post, I've gotta ask; where is the evidence/proof that the Hero's Bow in TP is the same as MM and that they are not the bow from WW? I don't recall any of the bows having a back story or significance that separates them from one another.

Furthermore, you concluded that the Heroes Shade could not be the Hero of Time, where as some of the quotes you provided (and others that you didn't) suggest otherwise. Example:

“Although I accepted life as the hero, I could not convey the lessons of that life to those who came after. “ – Hero’s Shade.

The Hero's Shade even shares similar footwork with the Hero of Time, and the songs that are howled in order to summon him are mostly (I think all but 1) from OoT and MM.

Check out ZeldaInformer.

Bombers Articles: (Zelda Theorising)
The Master Sword Exposed (out of date due to SS, some images missing)
The Oocca: Engineers of Hyrule
The Great War of Ikana
The Mysteries of Malladus: The Demon King's Story

I'll be updating some articles and providing new content at Zelda Informer over December/January (2011/2012)

Last Edited by Viral; 08-31-2009 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote

Tags
desendent, hero, ingame, japanese, quotes, time, twilight