Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-24-2009, 11:39 PM
Banned User
Send a message via Yahoo to Potent Col
View Posts: 1,416
The Gerudo's Invasion of Hyrule

All of you - and I mean all of you constantly say to yourselves, "What happened to the Gerudo?" I say, "They were probably executed, or bannished from Hyrule."

The thing is, you all forget that they invaded the land, and I think that will have bad consequences. The Sages tell you that they even tried to break into the Sacred Realm with Ganondorf, and the Temple of Time appears to have been attacked.

In short- evidence says that the Gerudo and Ganondorf may have been responsible for the Temple of Time's destruction.

Because people tend to be slow, do you ever ask yourselfs, "Would the Sagesp really let them get away with invading Hyrule?" You think so, but it is very far-fetched.

They invaded Hyrule, for crying out loud. They tried to get the Triforce. We know their leader was executed, and suddenly an execution ground was built in the desert after the Gerudo invaded Hyrule.

The most silly thing is, some people think they moved into Hyrule. Right, so they just commited a huge crime against Hyrule, and now they're all aloud to live there? No.

There is absolutely no sign of Gerudo life (with the possible exception of one: Telma), the desert has been blocked off from Hyrule, their leader was executed, the desert is full of ruins and Arbiter's Grounds appeas to be in a similar place to where Gerudo's Fortress was.

Facts:
They inavded Hyrule
Their leader was executed
Their desert was closed off
An execution ground was built /b]in their desert[/b]
Now they're all gone

Impossible that they moved into Hyrule because of their actions and most Hylian don't appear to have Gerudo blood whatsoever and their desert is blocked from Hyrule. The only possible place for them to be is in the desert, but all I see is an exectuion ground. Sounds bloody suspicious.

The question is- we know they invaded Hyrule and it resulted in the exectuion of the leader, Gerudo Desert being severed from Hyrule, an exection ground that has signs of their civilization but was Hylian-made - what happened to them?

The point is, you can't throw a fit just because you don't like darkness in Zelda, but there is nothing but the fact that they helped Ganondorf, he was executed, and then they are all gone. Question is- Arbiter;s Grounds has connections to them, so.., who're all the dead people in there?

In the end, couldn't have gone to Hyrule, couldn't have left the desert. Then they suddenly are all gone. No matter how you put it, I simply don't think they're alive anymore: stuck in the desert because Hyrule can no longer be accessed = no males to mate with and no food or water = death.

Ah, that's right. Arbiter's Grounds is a prison for people who did acts against Hyrule. Who do we know acted against Hyrule? The Gerudo did. And in all irony, the prison is in their desert.

Theroy: arrested for invading Hyrule.

I don't like how slow people are sometimes... The dungeon is a bloodly prison. Prison = place for crime commiters. The Gerudo commited a crime, and therefore they would have been arrested, explaining the prison in their desert.

I want people to use logic and note: theu commited a big crime, so bad that they tried to get to the Sacred Realm.
Do you honestly think they would be left to run around free after what they did? I don't.

The Gerudo commited a crime, the Sages so so. Arbiter's Ground is a prison, a place for people who commit crimes. And it's in the desert of all places, built after their invasion, at that.

What gives them the right to get away with invasion? Nothing, I tell you.
If you invade a country, what happens? You're arrested.

Maybe killing them would be harsh, but you can be sure as hell they were arrested. What they did was beyond crime, at that.

People just don't use common sense anymore, and I bet even after reading this thread, will come up with an excuse not to. because it either contradicts their timeline, or they don't like the thought of their favourite race being arrested. Despite what the race did, and the common sense in what their actions would have as a consequence.

A lot of Zelda fans suffer denial these days, but the creators didn't include the Gerudo for a reason: they were mentioned as invading, and now a prison sits in their desert and the desert was severed from Hyrule.
Last Edited by Potent Col; 08-24-2009 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-24-2009, 11:50 PM
Crimson and Clover, over and over
View Posts: 4,259
Re: The Gerudo's Invasion of Hyrule

Kay I skimmed it, but where are your sourses? Cos I don't recall that, or is this just your fan-fic like that last thin bout sages you did?
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-24-2009, 11:53 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,337

You have very circular arguements, you know that? Hitler invaded half of Europe but we didn't sytematically destroy every German person to punish them for their leader's crimes even though the german people supported Hitler. there's no reason why this can't apply to the Gerudo as well. Just because the gerudo race didn't appear in a game that they weren't relevant to doesn't mean they were all killed off.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-24-2009, 11:58 PM
Banned User

See, you're in denial again. Their leader was executed and a prison was thrown up right in their desert with signs of their civilization in side. Absolutely no reference in made to the Gerudo in Hyrule itself, but the one reference is about their invasion.

They killed the leader, then they should imprison the followers. Arbiter's Grounds is a prison, in their desert, and has signs that they had something to do with it. After that, nothing but ruins in the rest of the (empty) desert. Which, was closed off from Hyrule.

I hate denial. Like I said- a prison suddenly appears in their desert after they commit s big crime, and what is found in that prisn is mostly Gerudo-related. Very, very suspisous how everything in their is Gerudo, and it's a prison where their leader was executed after they commited a crime against Hyrule.
Last Edited by Potent Col; 08-25-2009 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-25-2009, 12:00 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th View Post
Kay I skimmed it, but where are your sourses? Cos I don't recall that, or is this just your fan-fic like that last thin bout sages you did?
Play the game before you post. TheSages said they invaded and tried to take over the Sacred Realm, in which their leader was then executed, a prison was built in their desert, and they're gone one century later.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-25-2009, 12:02 AM

I've played the game I think you're just to vague with your sourses..The sages said this, the sages said that..And by lookin at this and that other thread you could do some damage here
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-25-2009, 12:02 AM
Sage of Wisdom

once again, circular arguements. Don't get me wrong, I love darkness. I'm an evil old ♥♥♥♥er and I'm most happy when I get to sit back and watch things burn. But Nintendo is a family oriented company. They are not going to introduce the topic of genocide to a game frnchise that is played largely by young children. that is very bad business tactics.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-25-2009, 12:06 AM
Banned User

O rly? Contradicted yourself - just look at the Shadow Temple. That was the work of Nintendo. Was is not the well that Nintedo created, too? Oh- and the torture devices with polls of blood around ad Hyrule's bloody history and skeletons!

Before you say that- Shadow Temple, Well, Dead Hand, Hyrule's bloody history = this was the work of Nintendo. The The Gerudo being arrested is nothing compared to what they have already done.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-25-2009, 12:10 AM

Potent where exactly do the sages say this? I can't find anythin I must be lookin in the wrong spots..
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-25-2009, 12:10 AM
Banned User

They say it in the Arbiter's Grounds scene where they reveal Ganondorf as behind everything, they mention the Gerudo invading Hyrule with him to take over the Sacred Realm.

Something like, "...the leader of a gang of thieves who invaded Hyrule..."
Last Edited by Potent Col; 08-25-2009 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-25-2009, 12:12 AM

Close minded am I? Could be since cos when I came here the first time I got in trouble for makin a fan fic theroy cos like you a didn't understand the difference and concept of the 2..
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-25-2009, 12:14 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Close minded am I? Could be since cos when I came here the first time I got in trouble for makin a fan fic theroy cos like you a didn't understand the difference and concept of the 2..
A thery is something you believe that is unconfirmed, whether anyone likes it or not. Most people are ignorant and closed-minded these days, however. This unfortunately is new, as Zelda fans were once less ignorant, more open to multiple theories, and generally nice people. There is only a few of them now.

There goes the saying, "Kids these days, no imagination."
Last Edited by Potent Col; 08-25-2009 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-25-2009, 12:23 AM

The way "..the leader of a gang of thieves who invaded Hyrule' sounds like the leader invaded, leader in this case is probably Ganon..

And its still fan ficish man..
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-25-2009, 12:29 AM
Sage of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potent Col View Post
O rly? Contradicted yourself - just look at the Shadow Temple. That was the work of Nintendo. Was is not the well that Nintedo created, too? Oh- and the torture devices with polls of blood around ad Hyrule's bloody history and skeletons!

Before you say that- Shadow Temple, Well, Dead Hand, Hyrule's bloody history = this was the work of Nintendo. The The Gerudo being arrested is nothing compared to what they have already done.
not really. the game kind of makes sure that you understand what terrible places the well and shadow temple are. You're the one suggesting that the highly peaceful Hylians thought it was OK to wipe out an entire race just because their king had a god complex.
Last Edited by Bromion; 08-25-2009 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-25-2009, 12:46 AM
I used to be "zeldaduderox"
Send a message via AIM to Nullatrum Send a message via Skype™ to Nullatrum
View Posts: 1,176

Nabooru, think it through. She probably still lead the gerudo after OoT and she wouldn't try to invade Hyrule. Who knows what happened, maybe it was a fate like the shiekah. Possibly somewhere deep within the desert of TP, small clans of Gerudo still live on.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-25-2009, 01:38 AM
You must be interested in me.
Send a message via AIM to Bingo
Steam ID: Bingo675
View Posts: 3,856

Potent, first of all, you criticize everyone of being ignorant and not as nice as they used to be, but then you get angry when people disagree with you, and argue to no end. And I can tell the difference between debate and arguing.

Anyway, the Arbiter's Grounds was specifically said to house Hyrule's worst criminals. Ganondorf obviously being one of them. I highly doubt it had anything to do with the extinction of an entire race of people. Whether the Gerudo stayed in the desert and died out, having no male to reproduce with, or whether they entered Hyrule and interbred, which would slowly degenerate into very non-Gerudo looking people, is unclear. I like Tyras's example of post-WWII Germany.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-25-2009, 01:45 AM
the battler
Send a message via AIM to TheBattler
View Posts: 1,105

Quote:
The way "..the leader of a gang of thieves who invaded Hyrule' sounds like the leader invaded, leader in this case is probably Ganon..

And its still fan ficish man..
It's not fan fic-ish.

Here are some quotes:

http://forums.legendsalliance.com/in...4&#entry370794

http://forums.legendsalliance.com/in...4&#entry383194

And put a few things together about the Gerudo Desert:

1) No Gerudoes. Not fan-fiction.

2) Execution ground built in their desert. Not fan-fiction.

3) The execution ground seems suspiciously like it was built over a Gerudo structure (I personally think it's the Spirit Temple). Look at the Arbiter's Ground from the outside and look at it on the inside. Not fan-fiction.

4) The entrance to the Gerudo Desert is closed off. According to Auru: "Nowadays that execution place is shut down, and even the road leading to the desert is cut off." Not fan-fiction

5) The Sages say that Ganondorf was "A leader of thieves who once invaded Hyrule to establish dominion over the sacred place." Not fan-fiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyras View Post
not really. the game kind of makes sure that you understand what terrible places the well and shadow temple are. You're the one suggesting that the highly peaceful Hylians thought it was OK to wipe out an entire race just because their king had a god complex.
And guess what? The Arbiter's Ground being smack dab in the middle of the Gerudo Desert seems to suggest that something horrible happened.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-25-2009, 02:14 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 140

I refuse to believe that Nintendo would let the Hylians commit GENOCIDE (killing an entire race off, no matter what they did, is nothing less than Genocide).

As for them being imprisoned: It is impossible to arrest a whole race. I mean, not every single Gerudo could have taken part into Ganondorf's actions ! What about the Gerudo children ?

I guess that some were imprisoned, but I can't believe the Hylians would arrest or kill an entire race, even the innocent ones. That would be racism.

See post-WW2 Germany: Not every single German person was punished. Only the highest-ranking leaders.
Last Edited by Maritimus; 08-25-2009 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-25-2009, 02:50 AM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 379

I don't think they were killed, nor arrested. I would say they were exiled. Not banished to the Twilight Realm, but exiled from Hyrule, period. They are still living, but in another land, isolated from Hyrule. Possibly Termina.

I agree with you Potent, that the Arbiter's Grounds are the remains of the Gerudo Fortress, not the Spirit temple. Especially considering Gerudo fortress had a prison as well.... Not to mention the tall towers where the bulbin's are standing on, shooting arrows at Link, are actually lookout towers where the Gerudos would stand guard. Those towers weren't at the spirit temple, but there were some near the fortress. It would make perfect sense.

Anyways, back to the topic.... I think the Gerudo were kicked out of the land of Hyrule, and had their base converted to the Arbiter's Grounds. The Gerudo Desert was then cut off, and set apart as the new home of the sages.
Last Edited by aneiwtoshor3468291; 08-25-2009 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Royal Hylian
View Posts: 900

We cant say much tho because we dont know what really happened.
The sages say"A leader of thieves who once invaded Hyrule to establish dominion over the sacred place." It just say a ''leader of theives'' maybe he tried to invade on his own.
Maybe he had part of the geurudos with him,and maybe he had all the Geurodos with him.In that case maybe Hyrule exiled the Geurudos in fear of a new invasion,or maybe they cuted off the road to Geurudo desert to seperate them form Hyrule.

Personaly I think the Geurodos tried to invade Hyrule and had a big war.
This would explained the Temple of Time Being destroy,and all the rest of Hyrule filed in ruins(bridges for ex).
After the Hylians won the war,they just cut of contact of Hyrule and Geurudo desert,build a big prison and exile and inprisonate the survivers.

Being a French Canadian means that some times I will translate some phrases in my head leading a weird sentence or interpretation of ideas. Please understand!

Tags
gerudo, hyrule, invasion