$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#81 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2009, 06:57 PM
I used to be "zeldaduderox"
Send a message via AIM to Nullatrum Send a message via Skype™ to Nullatrum
View Posts: 1,169
Re: Fierce Deity

This has been posted earlier. If you look at a picture of Fierce Deity:

You can see that on his chest there is a moon and a triangle. I believe that the triangle symbolizes the triforce and hyrule whereas the crescent symbolizes (obviously) the moon from Termina, and it symbolizes termina.

Thank's to whoever posted this earlier.
  #82 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Cayenne Pepper Cayenne Pepper is a female United States Cayenne Pepper is offline
en de'ez ia! "Murica
View Posts: 4,246

I think the designs are aesthetic, because that triangle would be a Tetraforce. And as we know...there is none.

3DS FC
  #83 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2009, 02:00 PM

Ugh, how many times do I have to say this.

THE TETRAFORCE ISN'T REAL!!!!!!!
  #84 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Sheikah
View Posts: 521

It has been speculated previously that the moon and triangle symbols represent the unity of two forces, justifying also the shape of the sword. Ingame the texture on Fierce Diety's chest is quite detailed, and clearly shows both symbols. I think it has a little more meaning than aesthetics.

Whenever the Tetraforce is mentioned, it's always worthwhile to bring up the illustation of the shield from the Oracles and Link's Awakening, which features a full Triforce and two further inverted triangles.

Pentaforce, anyone?
  #85 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2009, 02:41 PM

No. Just no.
  #86 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoɹǝpnpɐpןǝz View Post
Ugh, how many times do I have to say this.

THE TETRAFORCE ISN'T REAL!!!!!!!
Isn't that what Twilit_Hylian just said?
  #87 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilit_Hylian View Post
I think the designs are aesthetic, because that triangle would be a Tetraforce. And as we know...there is none.
i think it represents the triforce of courage, so i think it does have some symbolic meaning. i think the crescent moon represents the fierce deity himself while the triangle represents links power of the triforce.
it shows that link is holding the power of 2 gods
  #88 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Commonly Creative
View Posts: 228

I think (I KNOW) the triangle merely represents the entire triforce. While Majora uses many sun symbols, the Deity uses moon symbols.

^Most Awesome. Trip. Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecove
yeah sue me I'm typing with one hand
  #89 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Sheikah
View Posts: 515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double C View Post
I think (I KNOW) the triangle merely represents the entire triforce. While Majora uses many sun symbols, the Deity uses moon symbols.
To me Majora's Mask only has two powers present throughout the entire game. The Moon and the Sun. That's all it has ever been, and to me I think the Terminians worshiped the Sun and Moon Gods or just the Sun and Moon as solitary planets.
The Sun and Moon are Majora's Mask Triforce.

Moon respresents Feirce Deity

Sun represents Majora.

This is a complete mind**** and deals heavily with Hylian's Dan theory.
"The ancient ones who built the Stone Tower were blaspheming the goddesses of the Triforce. Their plan seems to have been to open a portal in the sky that would lead them to heaven. But the goddesses would not allow this to happen, and they would not let this evil go unpunished. So they flipped the universe upside down."

So if this is true, the builders of the Stone Towers were actually sinners in the eyes of the three goddesses(Notice the inverted Triforce upon entering the world of Termina? Before you get turned into a Deku Scrub. These make another appearance in the Stone Tower. These mark an act of blasphemes by the Gods and basically say evil's ahead. So it's like a warning that your entering a totally different land. Also funny that the Lost Woods somehow connect you to Termina, so it's like the Gods put the inverted Triforce there or the Terminians to say Triforce believers aren't welcomed in this land) So the Goddesses wanted to give them a choice of redemtion ("The hand at the top of the Stone Tower is pointing at the goddesses, and the phallic tower next to it is saying "Screw you." The Stone Tower itself resembles a giant phallus, sticking out of the earth and pointing towards the heavens.") So with that they would require an act very much like 'The Great Flood' or Noah's Ark tale that we know of. This act was the Moon crashing into Clock Town on the night of a great celebration where everybody would be gathered in the center of the map. Three days would not be enough time to get away from the impact so it was perfect plan. However, this would require two sexes of the same race to be farthest away from the impact site. There's no information this has happened but also the moon never comes down so theres no way of knowing if these people escape or not since you get an automatic gameover. However two other powers were present during this plan. The Sun and The moon manifested themselves into a physical form. One is Majora while the other is Fierce Deity. They both have connections to each other since they are the moon and sun in a bodily form(thanks to all the Moon and Sun symbols around them).

It can be thought of the Sun and Moon are enemies. One brings light while the other brings darkness. So if this is indeed true, there were either two enemies present in the entire game(Or forces of power). So if your staying with me, Oni Link was the true enemy while Majora was actually the good guy.

If Majora is the light then the Goddesses wanted Termina to be destroyed and what Majora was doing was the right thing(Bringing redemption to the people of termina. Why would Majora do this sorta thing? If he/she is the light for this world, then perhaps the three gods of the triforce told the only good thing in Termina to do this. Thus redeeming himself and giving the chance for his people to do that aswell. However the Moon God did not approve of this since he is the dark one and perhaps the one that ordered his people to rebel against the three goddeses. Perhaps his Mask or origins was in the Stone Tower Temple where all the sand was when the temple was inverted. But then why would everything look like Majora's Mask appear there? Perhaps the ones in Ikana believed in the Sun god and didnt like the Stone tower people believing in the Moon God. So there was a fight thus this would be the Great War that was talked about in Ikana. Sun believers raided the Stone Tower and placed their image of the Sun God everywhere to insult the Moon God since that's where he was worshiped. So with this he was very insulted and brought destruction to the Ikana Kingdom which ended up killing the royal line of Ikana.)
So if this is right(All speculation by me and what the Sun and Moon mean) then you were the villian in the game. Since Majora made a manifestation within the game world, the Sun's enemy likewise would have to make an appearance to maintain balance and that is the Fierce Deity .
There's no actual confirmation of this anywhere but that's what the Moon and Sun mean. These two are the only powers in this game and are very symbolic and allow time to pass which is very important in this game. Without the Moon and Sun, there will be no time so it's likely the two are prominent entities.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread haha. It got me thinking though.

Hylian Dan's Thread; http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...as-doomed.html

Edit
I did some research and found out The middle child who gives you the Feirce Deity mask while wearing Majora asks for a game of "Good vs. Bad". Meaning Majora is the Good one while you are the Bad one. This supports my idea of Link invading in on Termina and upsetting the events. While you think your doing a good thing in the end for all the good you have done. You are given the bad guy's mask indicating you are the bad guy here. So my theory does seem plausible if you think of it like that. It also indicates the mask has dark powers when you receive it and saying 'could it be as bad as Majora's?'.
So the game kinda ****s with your head making you think your doing good and rewards you from all the goodness with a evil mask that may of brought the destruction of Ikana on itself due to them fighting over which God they should worship(Majora or Fierce Deity). It's quite clear these two beings had some history prior to this game. Both are considered evil because they go against the three goddesses which will explain why the game refers to both as evil. To Terminians, however one is good while the other and three goddesses are evil. The Great War would make sense if it was a religious battle.
Again more stuff. here is a quote:
"To think I could be defeated... Although my rival, you were spectacular. I shall take my bow by opening my heart and revealing my wisdom... If you shoot that which releases the sacred golden light into the blood-stained, red emblem outside the temple... it shall rearrange things, in which the earth is born in the heavens and the moon is born on the earth. Do not forget these words... Die I shall, leaving no corpse. That is the law of us Garo." —Garo Ninja"
So it seems they wanted the moon(Fierce Deity) born on the Earth while the earth is born into the heavens. This may would of lead them to these heavens where the Din, Nayru, Farore and their Triforce where(Sacred Realm could be in this world refered to as the heavens). Fierce Deity would've lead them straight to and killing anything that got in their way. Having a celestial war between gods and humans. Fierce Deity is portrayed as Ganondorf if this is the case, and is really the true enemy. Majora did not want that to happen since he is that lands good God and thus that's when the Great War begun. To stop Fierce Deity from venturing into the Sacred Real(Or heavens as this game calls it)
Anyway some food for thought

Edit 3.
"Well, yours is a face I'm not used to seeing... Are you here to do something for me? I am Shikashi, professor of astronomy! I have been enamored with the moon since I was a child. Now, I spend my days gazing at it from here. The moon has long been considered a mystical body, which people have worshiped and feared. That alone shows how the moon has a cosmic influence that affects our daily lives. But lately, there is something quite strange with the moon. Strange, indeed... It seems as though the moon is being pulled down by something and is slowly drawing closer."

This is a quote said by the Astronomer when your wearing the Goron or Zora mask. He says the moon has been considered a mystical body and has been worshiped and feared. You get the Fierce Deity Mask in the moon and the Fierce Deity has a Moon symbol on his armor so he must be this mystical body (or Celestial Being aka a God) the Astronomer speaks of and he says he was been worshiped and feared. Perhaps Majora was bringing down the Moon to destroy his nemesis, Fierce Deity while also giving his people a chance to redeem themselves to the three goddesses and himself instead of worshiping Fierce Deity(The moon) by having the thing they worshiped and feared come crashing into them.

Please to not reply to me i nthis thread since it'll go off-topic. If you want to reply to my theory go to my thread, Fierce Deity and Majora, Moon and Sun Gods.
Hopefully this saves this therad from going off-topic.
Last Edited by Jerry-Boyle; 09-13-2009 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #90 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-14-2009, 11:05 AM

Well you wouldn't post it here anyway.

Back on topic, that triangle on Fierce Deity's chest is assumed to resemble the triforce in general, not an individual piece like this so called *Tetraforce*.
  #91 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Sheikah
View Posts: 515

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoɹǝpnpɐpןǝz View Post
Well you wouldn't post it here anyway.

Back on topic, that triangle on Fierce Deity's chest is assumed to resemble the triforce in general, not an individual piece like this so called *Tetraforce*.
Or maybe it represents a piece of the Triforce? Like Power, Wisdom or Courage since they are enlarged triangles when sepearated. If it resembled the whole triforce why would they not include the space in the middle of the Triforce? It must be one of the pieces or something. Hmm dunno.
  #92 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-14-2009, 01:04 PM

Well we can probably say it resembles two different things.

Tags
deity, fierce