Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Potent Col Potent Col is a male Canary Islands Potent Col is offline
Banned User
Send a message via Yahoo to Potent Col
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Silent Hill
View Posts: 1,416
Ignoring in-game Evidence

I just noticed that... a lot of people on here ignore in-game evidence of timeline placments... the ones that are to do with storylines.

The biggest hole (and it 's HUGE!) about not having The Minish Cap is the following: if The Minish Cap is not first... why don't any previous Links or the current one of the game wear caps?

Don't use the Kokiri origin of Link's cap, either- I heard (I might be wrong) that the Four Swords (or Advetnures) backstory mentioned something about that Link going deep into the forest. That's pretty interesting. The only forest, considering The Minish Cap first, was Minish Woods, which is eactly wear Kokiri forest would be in the following game.

So, he, The Minish Cap's Link in his green tunic and new green hat, went into the forest... In the game that would then follow, the Link lives in the forest, and the Kokiri all wear green tunics and some wear green caps.

Considering The Minish Cap first, it's the other way round in origin: The Minish Cap Link influenced what the Kokiri wear, looking at the sitatuion. And then Ocarina of Time's Link was born in that forest and wore the same clothes because his mother left him there, and... *inset story here*

But that's beside the point- for The Minish Cap to be post-flood at all, it couldn't be the first game. If this is early New Hyrule, why does it have past kings from long ago, a history, Trifroce synbols everywhere, and why are there only Hylians, as opposed to humans, when Hylians becmae few in numbers after the flood?

Hyrule only thrives ith Hylian blood in its early history, and that's the way it is during The Minish Cap and Ocarina of Time. After Ocarina of Time, Hylian numbers drop, and on the adult timeline, Hylians are a rare bunch of people after the flood and humans are common. But in The Minish Cap, Hylians, Hylians, Hylians... no humans (round-eared people).

In The Minish Cap, the Triforce can be seen everywhere and Hylians are the main race. Heck, the country isn't unified, either. It was clearly stated that the country wasn't unified before the events of Ocarina of Time. Ocarina of Time is the only game where Hylians are not in lower numbers, and the same applies to The Minish Cap. There are more Hylians in The Minish Cap than there are in Ocarina of Time, apparantly.

By The Minish Cap's backstory, not only are there Hylians everywhere and the Trifroce synbol seen everywhere and the non-unified status of Hyrule (it wasn't unfied before the events of Ocarina of Time), but the country actually has a long history... and the hero in the backstory didn't wear a green cap (he wore the green tunic, however), and neither did the current Link. Because if clearly states that Hyrule not only has a past king, a past hatless hero, but was also once in some kind of war and on the verge of being swallowed by shadow, this Hyrule is certainly not new.

There is a theroy of the cap tradition being lost before the finding of New Hyrule- sorry guys, Spirit Tracks is indeed in the new land... and it turns out that the tradition isn't lost! He's wearing a green cap, in the new land, and this is a century after Phantom Hourglass.

Don't use the Gorons status as being nearly extinct as a post-flood indicator, either- Phantom Hourglass proved that they weren't actually going extinct at all!

So now two things people used to use:

Loss of hat tradition before the founding of New Hyrule (disproved by Spirit Tracks)
Few Gorons left (disporved by Phantom Hourglass)


I found something interesting... You know how we debate about the Minish Cap shield being the same as the one that Link has in his family during The Wind Waker? I was watching a cutscene... Remeber how Zelda gave him the shield and she supposdly reincarnates? Well, when Tetra (Zelda) sees The Wind Waker Link's shield, she reacts as if she has seen it before. In The Minish Cap, Zelda gives Link a shield that looks exactly the same.

Funny the way she reacted upon seeing the shield that The Wind Waker Link has... she reacted as if she has seen it before, in a past life, you could say.

At the end of The Minish Cap, it clearly says that it was the first adventure, and then mentions future advetnures happening in the future of Hyrule (or something like that) and how the one that happened was the first of them all. This is the proper version that said it, too.

So, some of you are ignoring the fact that in-game text said it is the first game, as well as the fact that Hyrule has lots of Hylians, lots of Trifroce synbols, a history that makes it too old to be the new Hyrule or at least the first game in it, and the hero before and the current Link didn't wear caps. The cap was stated to be a new thing in the game.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Erimgard Erimgard is a male Mexico Erimgard is offline
Bow down before the one you serve, you're going to get what you deserve.
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Zelda Theorizing
View Posts: 6,435
Re: Ignoring in-game Evidence

The in game text didn't say it was the first in the series. It said it was Link's (current Link's) first adventure. Capcom was planning on making more games. That never happened.

And unless you can prove that Minish Cap Link is the one who brought the hat to the Kokiri, and not the other way around, that counter argument is not debunked.
__________________
Nintendo's Missed Opportunity: Four Swords DS


Voted Best Zelda Theorist Summer 2008, Winter 2008, and Summer 2009
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda Winter 2008.
Voted Most Dedicated Theorist Summer 2009


ZeldaInformer | Forums | Bombers Notebook | The Bombers | Resources
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Kostya Kostya is a male United States Kostya is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The collective has no location
View Posts: 9,390
Re: Ignoring in-game Evidence

Wait did you say Tetra recognized the shield? Wrong! She recognized the Master Sword not the shield. Plus the shield link had at that time was the Hero's Shield not the mirror shield.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 03:22 PM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: By the pinky.
View Posts: 8,872
Re: Ignoring in-game Evidence

His hat is meaningless. The Minish Cap shows where that one person got his hat.
In OoT, MM, TP, WW, and PH the clothes are based (indirectly, most often) on Kokiri designs, there's no denying that. That doesn't mean that any other Links have as deep a reason to wear the tunic and hat. In all the other games (currently out) they're just regular clothes.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Potent Col Potent Col is a male Canary Islands Potent Col is offline
Banned User
Send a message via Yahoo to Potent Col
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Silent Hill
View Posts: 1,416
Re: Ignoring in-game Evidence

The Hero's Shield is the shield I'm talking about. It looks exactly the same to every last design and detail to the shield that Link is given by Zelda in The Minish Cap. In the cutescene, Tetra looks right at the shield and reacts strangely when she sees it. Bu the cutscene, she was looking at the shield, and the sword was barely notacable while the shield stood out.

Also- every characater in The Minish Cap is Hylian. We all know that. In Ocarina of Time, I think every characater is Hylian. After Ocarina of Time, all followed games shows fewer Hylians. But in The Minish Cap, nothing but Hylians, a major pre-Ocarina f Time thing.

The funny thing about post-flood is- the Hylians are very few and almost gone and actual humans are everywhere. But in The Minish Cap? No, no actual humans, just Hylians.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Erimgard Erimgard is a male Mexico Erimgard is offline
Bow down before the one you serve, you're going to get what you deserve.
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Zelda Theorizing
View Posts: 6,435
Re: Ignoring in-game Evidence

Oh, and on the Spirit Track thing:
In the beginning, Link isn't wearing a green hat. He's dressed as a conductor. We don't know how/when he gets his Hero's outfit.
__________________
Nintendo's Missed Opportunity: Four Swords DS


Voted Best Zelda Theorist Summer 2008, Winter 2008, and Summer 2009
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda Winter 2008.
Voted Most Dedicated Theorist Summer 2009


ZeldaInformer | Forums | Bombers Notebook | The Bombers | Resources
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Kostya Kostya is a male United States Kostya is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The collective has no location
View Posts: 9,390
Re: Ignoring in-game Evidence

Potent: She specifically mentions the fact that Link is in posession of a sword when she says this.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Cukeman Cukeman is a male United States Cukeman is offline
Hi! I'm Cukeman!
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hyrule Field
View Posts: 4,178
Re: Ignoring in-game Evidence

I don't put MC first because of the hat (that's just an added bonus)
I put MC first because I think the Light Force is in the Master Sword
(also maybe, maybe Vaati is the Sheikah origin)

I was wondering though, if TMC is the cap origin, then what is the green tunic
origin? The hero of men had a green tunic...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 03:35 PM
13th Canada 13th is offline
Crimson and Clover, over and over
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tittymadouche, Nova Scotia
View Posts: 4,259
Re: Ignoring in-game Evidence

She's surprise when she sees the shield cos its a chunk of wood and not what you would exspect someone to use for anythin other than decoration.
__________________
Of all the ships the most
Important is FRIENDSHIP
They always care<3
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Erimgard Erimgard is a male Mexico Erimgard is offline
Bow down before the one you serve, you're going to get what you deserve.
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Zelda Theorizing
View Posts: 6,435
Re: Ignoring in-game Evidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cukeman View Post
I don't put MC first because of the hat (that's just an added bonus)
I put MC first because I think the Light Force is in the Master Sword
(also maybe, maybe Vaati is the Sheikah origin)

I was wondering though, if TMC is the cap origin, then what is the green tunic
origin? The hero of men had a green tunic...
One might say a Kokiri tunic
After all, Tingle refers to it as "Fairy Clothes"
__________________
Nintendo's Missed Opportunity: Four Swords DS


Voted Best Zelda Theorist Summer 2008, Winter 2008, and Summer 2009
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda Winter 2008.
Voted Most Dedicated Theorist Summer 2009


ZeldaInformer | Forums | Bombers Notebook | The Bombers | Resources
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Potent Col Potent Col is a male Canary Islands Potent Col is offline
Banned User
Send a message via Yahoo to Potent Col
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Silent Hill
View Posts: 1,416
Re: Ignoring in-game Evidence

If the Minish Cap isn't first, the only place to put it is post-flood, but nooo... none of you can accept it as a post-flood placment, either!
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Cukeman Cukeman is a male United States Cukeman is offline
Hi! I'm Cukeman!
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hyrule Field
View Posts: 4,178
Re: Ignoring in-game Evidence

but green is also the color of wind, fields, and courage, so Kokiri is not the only option
for the tunic
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Erimgard Erimgard is a male Mexico Erimgard is offline
Bow down before the one you serve, you're going to get what you deserve.
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Zelda Theorizing
View Posts: 6,435
Re: Ignoring in-game Evidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cukeman View Post
but green is also the color of wind, fields, and courage, so Kokiri is not the only option
for the tunic
Just rattling your chains cukey mah boi
__________________
Nintendo's Missed Opportunity: Four Swords DS


Voted Best Zelda Theorist Summer 2008, Winter 2008, and Summer 2009
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda Winter 2008.
Voted Most Dedicated Theorist Summer 2009


ZeldaInformer | Forums | Bombers Notebook | The Bombers | Resources
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 03:40 PM
13th Canada 13th is offline
Crimson and Clover, over and over
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tittymadouche, Nova Scotia
View Posts: 4,259
Re: Ignoring in-game Evidence

So people put it before ww?
__________________
Of all the ships the most
Important is FRIENDSHIP
They always care<3
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Erimgard Erimgard is a male Mexico Erimgard is offline
Bow down before the one you serve, you're going to get what you deserve.
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Zelda Theorizing
View Posts: 6,435
Re: Ignoring in-game Evidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th View Post
So people put it before ww?
After, generally.
__________________
Nintendo's Missed Opportunity: Four Swords DS


Voted Best Zelda Theorist Summer 2008, Winter 2008, and Summer 2009
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda Winter 2008.
Voted Most Dedicated Theorist Summer 2009


ZeldaInformer | Forums | Bombers Notebook | The Bombers | Resources
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 03:42 PM
13th Canada 13th is offline
Crimson and Clover, over and over
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tittymadouche, Nova Scotia
View Posts: 4,259
Re: Ignoring in-game Evidence

Thats what I thought but he's sayin people don't accept it post flood. Post means after right?
__________________
Of all the ships the most
Important is FRIENDSHIP
They always care<3
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Erimgard Erimgard is a male Mexico Erimgard is offline
Bow down before the one you serve, you're going to get what you deserve.
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Zelda Theorizing
View Posts: 6,435
Re: Ignoring in-game Evidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th View Post
Thats what I thought but he's sayin people don't accept it post flood. Post means after right?
Right.
I have no idea what he's talking about to be honest. MC being after WW has actually been a popular theory around here for 3 years or so.
__________________
Nintendo's Missed Opportunity: Four Swords DS


Voted Best Zelda Theorist Summer 2008, Winter 2008, and Summer 2009
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda Winter 2008.
Voted Most Dedicated Theorist Summer 2009


ZeldaInformer | Forums | Bombers Notebook | The Bombers | Resources
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 04:11 PM
Potent Col Potent Col is a male Canary Islands Potent Col is offline
Banned User
Send a message via Yahoo to Potent Col
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Silent Hill
View Posts: 1,416
Re: Ignoring in-game Evidence

I keep coming across people who can't accept The Minish Cap as post-flood, meaning the next best place to put it is... pre-Ocarina of Time. But then you lot come along and can't accept that, either... I'm stuck in between you guys... Time theorizing is zeriouz buzinezz!

Some people *cough* Nerusihi *cough put all all Four Swords games before Ocarina of Time, or at least consider it!

None of you ignore how Four Swords/Advetnure relataes to Ocarina of Time, but you ignore the relations that The Minish Cap has with it... I keep expecting you timeline to end up looking like this before we know it: FS/FSA - OoT - tWW/PH - tMC

>_>
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Pinecove Pinecove is a male Canada Pinecove is offline
Theorist of two sides
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto Ontario
View Posts: 8,038
Re: Ignoring in-game Evidence

Quote:
Capcom was planning on making more games. That never happened.
Quote?
__________________

Best Theorist Fall 2007, Summer 2011 ; Most Devoted Theorist Summer 2010, Winter 2011, Summer 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv
You see, Pine, you and I - we're the superheroes of ZU.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 06:16 PM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: By the pinky.
View Posts: 8,872
Re: Ignoring in-game Evidence

The square-y orange shield was designed to go with cartoon-style Link. They had cartoon-style Link again, so they gave him the square-y orange shield again.

Don't over-think it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
evidence, ignoring, ingame


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -