Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Which game represents the Imprisoning War?
Ocarina of Time. 13 37.14%
Four Swords Adventures. 6 17.14%
Both, but in different timelines. 4 11.43%
Neither, the IW is just a storyline pretext. 10 28.57%
There isn't a set timeline, so they don't care about retcons. 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 08:33 AM
Norebo Italy Norebo is offline
Royal Hylian
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: in the fridge
View Posts: 933
Imprisoning War poll

ok this has been debated for ages...I just wanted to see what's the most plausible for ZU theorists.
please discuss your choice.
Last Edited by Norebo; 08-13-2009 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 09:24 AM
Navi the Fairy Navi the Fairy is a male United States Navi the Fairy is offline
Dude... What?
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, where do you live? (;
View Posts: 835
Re: Imprisoning War poll

I messed up I want FSA!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Norebo Italy Norebo is offline
Royal Hylian
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: in the fridge
View Posts: 933
Re: Imprisoning War poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi the Fairy View Post
I messed up I want FSA!
lol, ok, I'll count that...which one you picked instead?
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Double C Double C is a male Tanzania Double C is offline
Commonly Creative
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: N Goron Goro
View Posts: 228
Re: Imprisoning War poll

They both are and in the same timeline.
__________________
About me and my theorizing beliefs

^Most Awesome. Trip. Ever.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecove
yeah sue me I'm typing with one hand
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Kostya Kostya is a male United States Kostya is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The collective has no location
View Posts: 9,329
Re: Imprisoning War poll

I notice there is no option for both of them combine to make the story.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Slagr Slagr is a male United States Slagr is offline
Sage of Wisdom
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: IL
View Posts: 1,008
Re: Imprisoning War poll

needs more TP BS.
__________________
__________WW/PH-ST
SS-tMC-FS-OoT
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻMM-TP-FSA-LttP-LoZ/AoL/OoS/OoA/LA
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 12:50 PM
River Zora River Zora is a male United Kingdom River Zora is offline
リバゾラ : I'm just gonna go away and do... fish stuff.
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dartford (Home)/ Reading (Uni)
View Posts: 3,427
Re: Imprisoning War poll

Anything BS based I assume is the pretext one- there's my vote...
__________________
*What actually happened*What if Vaati had been sealed, not destroyed, in tMC*
*As blue, plus what if Midna had not destroyed the Mirror of Twilight*What if Link had failed in OoT*
*What if Link had failed in OoX and Ganon changed his name to Gannon*

Webcomic: 72 Hours Remain//First Place Z.U. Awards Best Zelda Fanfiction Summer '09//First Place Hombre's Theorising Contest 2010
Second Place Lupus: Design a Boss 2009/10//Bomber's Articles: The Secret Identity of Dark Link//Race to the Timeline
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 12:51 PM
LegendofLex LegendofLex is a male LegendofLex is offline
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
Join Date: Apr 2004
View Posts: 20,982
Re: Imprisoning War poll

OoT was designed to be the IW and while FSA has a closer connection to ALttP's immediate story, I see no reason for any other story to have replaced it as the first time the Sacred Realm is opened, the origin of the Dark World, the original creation of the sages' seal that traps evil in the Dark World, etc.

I fundamentally disagree with the idea that TP's Shadow Clan story (or the alternate hsitory of Ganondorf) has become the new IW - it may prove to stand up from evidence in future games, but there is not enough to support it presently. If the Shadow Clan story predates OoT, then the only known seal on the Sacred Realm is the one keeping evil out, not keeping evil trapped inside to prevent a flow of darkness into Hyrule. Ganondorf's Dark World is never mentioned in TP, so it may not have ever come to be; in any case, it is not important enough to the events prior to TP to be known.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Ashanark Ashanark is a male United States Ashanark is offline
Sheikah
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a hole somewhere
View Posts: 558
Re: Imprisoning War poll

I say OoT + FSA = SW

OoT has 7 sages casting a seal, and a war. FSA provides an explanation for how Ganon could exist post-WW and how he could get into the SR.
__________________
My Timeline:

......WW-PH-ST-OoX-MC-FS-FSA-ALttP
....../
OoT
.....\
.....MM-TP
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 01:22 PM
River Zora River Zora is a male United Kingdom River Zora is offline
リバゾラ : I'm just gonna go away and do... fish stuff.
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dartford (Home)/ Reading (Uni)
View Posts: 3,427
Re: Imprisoning War poll

Quote:
how he could get into the SR.
Nyeeeeeeh.... I don't really see how...
__________________
*What actually happened*What if Vaati had been sealed, not destroyed, in tMC*
*As blue, plus what if Midna had not destroyed the Mirror of Twilight*What if Link had failed in OoT*
*What if Link had failed in OoX and Ganon changed his name to Gannon*

Webcomic: 72 Hours Remain//First Place Z.U. Awards Best Zelda Fanfiction Summer '09//First Place Hombre's Theorising Contest 2010
Second Place Lupus: Design a Boss 2009/10//Bomber's Articles: The Secret Identity of Dark Link//Race to the Timeline
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Electricut Electricut is a male United States Electricut is offline
Bard of Time
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DirkStrider
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The town of Thega-me
View Posts: 4,552
Re: Imprisoning War poll

I think FSA, maybe the four swords trilogy comes before OoT? I haven't played FSA, so I don't know.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 01:51 PM
River Zora River Zora is a male United Kingdom River Zora is offline
リバゾラ : I'm just gonna go away and do... fish stuff.
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dartford (Home)/ Reading (Uni)
View Posts: 3,427
Re: Imprisoning War poll

It can't do really... It would be great if it did... but...

I'd prefer it to be able to fit between OoT and TP on the CT to mainain as much congruency as possible in the story, but I reckon that's just one of the many placements it had during development before ending up as the bastard nephew of the series.
__________________
*What actually happened*What if Vaati had been sealed, not destroyed, in tMC*
*As blue, plus what if Midna had not destroyed the Mirror of Twilight*What if Link had failed in OoT*
*What if Link had failed in OoX and Ganon changed his name to Gannon*

Webcomic: 72 Hours Remain//First Place Z.U. Awards Best Zelda Fanfiction Summer '09//First Place Hombre's Theorising Contest 2010
Second Place Lupus: Design a Boss 2009/10//Bomber's Articles: The Secret Identity of Dark Link//Race to the Timeline
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Slagr Slagr is a male United States Slagr is offline
Sage of Wisdom
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: IL
View Posts: 1,008
Re: Imprisoning War poll

well, for FSA-LttP the FS in the DW and Ganon's sealing in the FS after FSA is evident of such an event. It's the only game-supported argument at this point.
__________________
__________WW/PH-ST
SS-tMC-FS-OoT
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻMM-TP-FSA-LttP-LoZ/AoL/OoS/OoA/LA
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Electricut Electricut is a male United States Electricut is offline
Bard of Time
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DirkStrider
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The town of Thega-me
View Posts: 4,552
Re: Imprisoning War poll

I figure if it somehow fits in before OoT, it kinda tells the end of vaati and the beginning of ganondorf. that's a big if though.
Last Edited by Electricut; 08-13-2009 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 02:12 PM
LegendofLex LegendofLex is a male LegendofLex is offline
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
Join Date: Apr 2004
View Posts: 20,982
Re: Imprisoning War poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Zora View Post
Nyeeeeeeh.... I don't really see how..
If his Dark World is the Sacred Realm (which is pretty plausible IMO), then it's obvious he did get there.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 02:18 PM
River Zora River Zora is a male United Kingdom River Zora is offline
リバゾラ : I'm just gonna go away and do... fish stuff.
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dartford (Home)/ Reading (Uni)
View Posts: 3,427
Re: Imprisoning War poll

I disagree the FS is in the Dark World, I understand why people think it is- but the evidence isn't there for me to accept it yet.
__________________
*What actually happened*What if Vaati had been sealed, not destroyed, in tMC*
*As blue, plus what if Midna had not destroyed the Mirror of Twilight*What if Link had failed in OoT*
*What if Link had failed in OoX and Ganon changed his name to Gannon*

Webcomic: 72 Hours Remain//First Place Z.U. Awards Best Zelda Fanfiction Summer '09//First Place Hombre's Theorising Contest 2010
Second Place Lupus: Design a Boss 2009/10//Bomber's Articles: The Secret Identity of Dark Link//Race to the Timeline
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Triforce of the Gods Triforce of the Gods is a male United States Triforce of the Gods is offline
OBJECTION!
Send a message via AIM to Triforce of the Gods Send a message via Skype™ to Triforce of the Gods
Steam ID: triforceofthegods Wii U ID: TriforceoftheGod 3DS ID: 2921-9263-7348



Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wright Anything Agency
View Posts: 9,157
Re: Imprisoning War poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Zora View Post
I disagree the FS is in the Dark World, I understand why people think it is- but the evidence isn't there for me to accept it yet.
The fact that you find it there isn't enough evidence that it is there? Lol, wat?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster View Post
Ya know, this cheery place, atop the precipice. With all the dead things and the Tingle.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 02:24 PM
LegendofLex LegendofLex is a male LegendofLex is offline
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
Join Date: Apr 2004
View Posts: 20,982
Re: Imprisoning War poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Zora View Post
I disagree the FS is in the Dark World, I understand why people think it is- but the evidence isn't there for me to accept it yet.
I'm not even talking about the FS right now - I'm talking about Ganon "rediscovering the Sacred Realm." If his Dark World in FSA is the corrupted Sacred Realm, then he definitely had found it in FSA.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 02:27 PM
River Zora River Zora is a male United Kingdom River Zora is offline
リバゾラ : I'm just gonna go away and do... fish stuff.
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dartford (Home)/ Reading (Uni)
View Posts: 3,427
Re: Imprisoning War poll

Quote:
The fact that you find it there isn't enough evidence that it is there? Lol, wat?
In a fourth wall breaking additional feature... Sorry, not canon to me any more than Tingle tower or the Color dungeon.

Yes- if the MGW is the SR then I agree Artem. I'm in two minds as to that however.... I'll decide one day!
__________________
*What actually happened*What if Vaati had been sealed, not destroyed, in tMC*
*As blue, plus what if Midna had not destroyed the Mirror of Twilight*What if Link had failed in OoT*
*What if Link had failed in OoX and Ganon changed his name to Gannon*

Webcomic: 72 Hours Remain//First Place Z.U. Awards Best Zelda Fanfiction Summer '09//First Place Hombre's Theorising Contest 2010
Second Place Lupus: Design a Boss 2009/10//Bomber's Articles: The Secret Identity of Dark Link//Race to the Timeline
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 02:30 PM
langford United_States langford is offline
Guardian Dragon
Join Date: Feb 2008
View Posts: 2,169
Re: Imprisoning War poll

The Palace of the Four Sword in LTTP-GBA is even weaker than the Legend of the Fairy in WW.
PotFS requires playing a separate multiplayer game (FS) in order to access the bonus content on LTTP, just as LotF requires connecting extra hardware to the Gamecube to gain access to the game you are already in.
PotFS doesn't directly reference FSA or it's plot, it is literally triggered by playing through FS not FSA. LotF directly references the events in MM while playing in WW.
I'm not saying that LotF should be taken as evidence, but it is far better material than the PotFS, so if someone is taking one and not the other, they should ask themselves why they are doing so.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
imprisoning, poll, war


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 PM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -