Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Which of these apply to you?
I believe in a split timeline 391 78.36%
I believe in a linear timeline 47 9.42%
I believe in a timeline with more than one split and/or merge 69 13.83%
I believe The Minish Cap is the first game in the timeline 134 26.85%
I believe Ocarina of Time is the first game in the timeline 198 39.68%
I believe another game is the first game in the timeline 81 16.23%
I place most games in the Adult Timeline, after Wind Waker 124 24.85%
I place most games in the Child Timeline, after Majora's Mask 154 30.86%
I consider myself a new theorist 266 53.31%
I consider myself an old tehorist 112 22.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 499. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-18-2009, 07:44 PM
リバゾラ : I'm just gonna go away and do... fish stuff.
View Posts: 3,427
River Zora enters the debate.

Greetings, I am River Zora.

I've been playing Zelda since my mum bought me a GameBoy Color and a copy of DX.

I have been theorising and timelining for years, but have had a big break from the webspace over my A-level years. I am now at university about to start my third year, so this summer I thought I'd go through and complete all the games again and this set me onto Zelda Theory again.

I was a massive believer in single timeline theory before split timeline was confirmed, as such I expect every theory I make to have problems! But hopefully eventually I’ll get close!

Zelda games owned, how many platforms and completion status/times defeated:
LoZ: NES, GCN, GBA, WiiVC; 100%, completed 5-7 times
AoL: NES, GCN, GBA, WiiVC; 100%, got to T-Bird thrice, only recently beat it and Dark Link on GBA! The game in the series that makes you feel most hardcore!
aLttP: SNES, GBA, WiiVC; 100%, 10+ times
LA: GB, GBC; 100%, lost count, more times than any other game ever! My first one.
OoT: N64(Grey), N64(Gold), GCN(with tWW), GCN(CE), WiiVC; 100%, 7+ times
MM: N64, GCN; 100%, 20+ times, my favourite one!
OoA: GBC; 100%, 3x
OoS: GBC; 100%, 3x
FS: GBA; 90%, need to play more with people who still use GBAs/SPs!
tWW: GCN; 100%, 3x, though I only got all the figurines on the second quest...
tMC: GBA; 100%, 2x, only got the last couple of figurines and Kinstone fusions to 100% this month!
FSA: GCN; 100%, 2x
TP: Wii, GCN; 100%, 3x, I HATE POE SOULS!!! TOOK LONGER THAN KINSTONES! GAH!!!
PH: DS, 90%, 2x, I HATE MAZE ISLAND!!!.... still working on that...

My Timeline:
OoT-tWW/PH-tMC-FS/FSA-LoZ/AoL
OoT/MM-TP-OoA/OoS-aLttP/LA

Theories that I believe/like to believe that are either probably not true or at least never likely to be confirmed:
-The Minish are the Kokiri's form after Koroks and the Picori Blade is the Kokiri Sword.
-River Zoras are what the gods turned the Zoras that didn't agree to becoming Rito due to their impiety so they could not sink below the salt water of the Great Sea and disturb Hyrule.
-Termina is a purgatory-style afterlife that Hyruleans go to when they die and before they are re-incarnated.
-aLttP fits a lot better if it takes place in a third strand of the timeline- Adult if Link was not returned.
-The backstory of AoL is a description of the Hyrulean Civil War, the first war of the Triforce that took place a decade or so before OoT.
-The Wizard in said tale is one of the shadow tribe/dark interlopers that became the Twili, using the Fused Shadow to hide in the Prince's shadow to approach the Triforce (like Midna did in TP to Link)
-The Sheikah were of the same race as the shadow folk, but they did not betray the Royal Family. They were defeated all but one in the Civil War by their dark brethren.
-The Sheikah were named after their leader, Sheik, who led the army in the war. This historical figure is the identity Zelda chooses to take due to Impa teaching her the history of the shadow folk.
-All the original sages were Oocca- their part in 'creating' the Hylia was acting as the gods' messengers and helping to form the monarchy. Kaepora Gaebora is the reincarnation of one of these sages, hence their fascination with owls.

That's about it!

Oh, and I'm British so I apologise for any unnecessary extra vowels we put in words, but I stand by using an 's' not a 'z' for 'ise' and 'ising' words! Also, interestingly, Minish Cap was released here before FSA, so whenever I list them or number them I swap the US order, it even swaps them on the European official Zelda.com!

Webcomic: 72 Hours Remain//First Place Z.U. Awards Best Zelda Fanfiction Summer '09//First Place Hombre's Theorising Contest 2010
Second Place Lupus: Design a Boss 2009/10//Bomber's Articles: The Secret Identity of Dark Link//Race to the Timeline
Last Edited by River Zora; 07-02-2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Additional Information Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-27-2009, 11:59 AM
galloping abs
View Posts: 7,810
Re: Theorists of ZU

Theorist Profile: Rajin(Mike)

History
I became interested in theorizing in 07 after my several month leave I began learning all there is to know about theorizing. After going the Humulation Army I began posting in this place mostly just a little blurb here and there nothing big. To this day I have never posted my own theory, and if I don't leave (for the 4th time) I might actually make one when the next game comes out. I haven't really posted much here since the days before Hombre and Erim were mods. I'm trying to post in here a little more often. So be on the look out for my posts.

Timeline

-----/TWW/PH - LoZ/AoL - OoX - TMC - FS/FSA - ALttP/LA
OoT
-----\MM - TP
I just go with the one everyone else uses

Awards
None

Theories
None

Sig by Caleb
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Shigeru x Satoshi... PokeYaoi!!
Wii U ID: 64DDSatellaview 3DS ID: Satellaview64DD
View Posts: 862
Arrow Umm, I'm a bit nervous...

I FINALLY GOT BACK INTO THE THEORIZING FORUMS...

Anyways, my timeline is as follows:

THEORIST PROFILE: TUF PIC...

I'm in the minority here, in that I place most of the games on the CHILD TIMELINE, & that I think in some universes, ALL OF THE ZELDAS & LINKS ON THE CT ARE THE SAME... I hope no-one will *bash* me for saying that...

Timeline

-----/TWW/PH-ST
-----/TMC - OoT
-----/-MM-ALTTPGBA/ALTTP-SC2-LADX/LA-AST-BSLOZ-AOL-OOX

Now, let me give you reasons why OOT-OOX LINK(S) CAN BE THE SAME, IN SOME REALITIES:

1) To those who use the uncle of ALTTPGBA/ALTTP Link(s) as an excuse to say that they ARE NOT THE SAME AS OOT LINK, let me point out the following: He is a Knight-of-Hyrule, & thus could easily have been fighting in the war @ the time of Link's birth, & thus it is safe to assume that OOT Link's mother would rather die herself than see her baby killed/injured in a war... So that logic has a BIG FLAW...

2) The geography wouldn't matter much, as that wouldn't pertain to whether it was/is the same Link or not, & even IF THAT WERE AN ISSUE, I could always point to...

Tectonic Plates, to solve that paradox!!

3) In BOTH OF THE COPIES I PLAYED OF ALTTPGBA, IT NEVER HINTED ONCE THAT ZELDA &/OR LINK INTRODUCED THEMSELVES, & there are a number of ways to explain that problem away...

4) We may NOT see Kokiri Forest ingame, but that's not to say it's NOT THERE!! Same with the Temple of Time...

5) The triforce pieces would NOT PROVE ANYTHING...

Show me your logic as to why they DO PROVE IT... I'll be glad to poke holes in that logic...

6) Ganon is the final boss for AST, so who's to say he can't be revived again fo BSLOZ?!

& the reason most of the games go on the CT is because Twinrova dies on the AT, & it would make MUCH MORE SENSE IF OOX WENT ON THE CT...

& you've only provided general statements, saying "it's more likely", & I'm asking "WHY/HOW IS IT MORE LIKELY"?!

EDIT: As for TP, I think it DOES NOT TAKE PLACE ON EITHER THE CT OR THE AT, but in a reality all by itself...

I mean, from what I've heard, it doesn't SPECIFICALLY MENTION OOT, so maybe it takes place in a parallel dimension, & that would make me feel MUCH BETTER!!

As for FS/FSA, I think it ALSO takes place in a parallel world to the CT/AT, because the storylines for Vaati in TMC & FS/FSA are SO contradictory to each-other!!

DOUBLE EDIT: As for actual evidence proving that in some realities OOT & ALTTP Link(s) are the same, well, in ALTTPSNES, it says 7 WISE MEN, & in contrast, ALTTPGBA says 7 SAGES, WHICH IS THE SAME AS OOT!!

I'd say that's pretty unarguable evidence that some of the characters in OOT were alive during the time of ALTTPGBA, & probably in BSLOZ/AOL, & possibly OOX... Which COULD INCLUDE LINK!!

AT LEAST IN SOME UNIVERSES!!

Mod Edit: No YouTube vidoes allowed in sigs, thank you!
Last Edited by Tuf Pic; 06-06-2010 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Wanted to add TP & FS/FSA... & now Spirit Tracks... Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Kokiri
View Posts: 97

I'm new to this site (obviously) but I have done some theorizing by myself probably since TP came out. I'm still new to the concept, and I came here for a grander theorizing experience

My TL and gaming stats are in my sig. I'm fairly certain that FSA depicts the SW, but I am open to evidence otherwise.

I do believe that Ganon the beast and Ganondorf the man are two separate beings and that Ganondorf channels the spirit of the "great demon reborn" or however Zelda puts it.

That's all for me.

OoT - TWW/PH - OoA/OoS - LoZ/AoL
MM - TP - FS/FSA - ALttP/LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign-of-Madness View Post
It's an ocean. Wow oceans are so rare and absolutely CANNOT exist outside of divine influence........
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Fire Emblem: Skyward Sword
View Posts: 495

Hello! I am Gold Knight. While I have just joined, I am not new to ZU.

History:
I first got into Zelda when I borrowed Wind Waker in 2004. I did not beat the game then, and I realized I was missing something due to the references to Ocarina of Time in the game. I began theorizing shortly after Twilight Princess came out when I discovered that there were many connections between the games. I have been reading on the theorizing forums here for about a year, and I finally decided to join. Oh, and recently I finally bought and beat Wind Waker.

Current Timeline:
AT:..........TWW/PH-ST-TMC-FS/FSA-ALttP/OoX/LA-LoZ/AoL
SS-OoT<
CT:...........MM-TP
It is (as always) a work in progress, but I have cleared it up some after reading some developer quotes.

Zelda Resume:
LoZ: Beaten 100%, working on Second Quest
AoL: Maze Palace
ALttP: Beaten
LA: Beaten, working on 100%
OoT: Beaten, working on 100%
MM: Beaten
OoS: Beaten
OoA: Have it
FS: Don't have it
TWW: Beaten, working on Second Quest
FSA: Don't have it
TMC: Beaten, working on 100%
TP: Beaten 100%
PH: Beaten, working on 100%
ST: Beaten

Theories:
Seal War: Both OoT and FSA are Seal Wars. Due to the long amount of time that passed, their stories were merged together and become the single tale of the SW from ALttP's backstory.

OoT child ending: Link came back to before he first met Zelda.

Divine Prank: When Link came back in time, he still had his Triforce of Courage. This caused a paradox in which the Triforce was both split and unified, so the Triforce in the child timeline split, and the extra Courage piece snapped back to the adult timeline.
Last Edited by Gold Knight; 12-05-2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Updating profile Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Commonly Creative
View Posts: 228
ME!!!!

DOUBLE C
Aliases: Caulaincourt, Double Cookie, Pinecove's Bane, ZU's Safari King

*I have yet to accommodate Spirit Tracks in my timeline so for the moment consider the following as a pre-ST timeline.

Joined ZU in August 2008 as "Caulaincourt" having found the site in my search for inspiration for my Zelda Fan-Fiction. After the beginning of classes I did not return to ZU until Christmas vacation when I had time to think about my Fan-Fiction again. Between January and March I was rather active on the theorizing board. My account went AWOL and I began my new life as Double C. I left ZU soon after and returned in late June 2009 as I attempted to create a Zelda fan-game with an rpg maker program.
Though I have been theorizing a while, my timeline has barely changed since I joined.

My Timeline:

Upon joining ZU, August 2008

OoT-WW/PH-TMC-FS/FSA-ALTTP/LA-OOX-LoZ/AoL
/MM-TP

Changed to this October 2nd 2009
OoT-WW/PH(-TMC-FS/FSA(-ALTTP(/LA)((-/)OOX(/LA))(-LoZ/AoL(-OOX)))
/MM-TP(-TMC-FS/FSA(-ALTTP(/LA)((-/)OOX(/LA))(-LoZ/AoL(-OOX)))

*As far as OOX and LoZ/AoL are concerned, their placement is merely the one I think most probable, though I could see myself one day being swayed into placing them before TMC.

I consider geography to be one of the more important factors to take into consideration when making a timeline. People can lie and be wrong, words have interpretations, but the land is static and cannot significantly change (unless by divine intervention) in less than millions of years.

I consider in-game backgrounds in the 2D games to be non-canon.

Geographically, I believe there are two different Hyrules with notable differences. There is OoT/TP Hyrule whose maps are near identical with the inconsistencies irrelevant in the face of their confirmed sequence.
There is also TMC/FSA/ALTTP Hyrule. All three feature a southern marshland, absent in OoT/TP and FSA/ALTTP have the Lost Woods to the north-west. I believe TMC Hyrule to be within the map of FSA/ALTTP Hyrule because 1) it fits, 2) the kingdom could have grown with time and 3) the areas outside those explorable in TMC were irrelevant to it's plot and thus making those parts of Hyrule explorable would have been redundant. There are other map similarities between TMC/FSA/ALTTP that are not shared with OoT/TP but I will not elaborate on them here.

The flood of the WW's backstory provides a mechanic for the geographical changes, a concept reinforced by FSA's insular Hyrule.

I would say ALTTP Link took the triforce and gave it to the Royal Family, which sets the stage for both OOX and LoZ/AoL.

There are two completely separate Ganons in my timeline. The second one is blue Ganon which first appeared and was sealed in FSA, escapes and is killed in ALTTP , is resurrected in OOX and is killed once more in LoZ (or mysteriously reappears in LoZ, dies and then is resurected in OOX)

A notable flaw in my timeline is the sleeping Zelda story and the post-flood Master Sword. However the sleeping princess story can be made to function with some creative interpretation. This theory was developed by Lex/Seran I believe and any questions about it should be directed at him.

If the developers were ever to say that their timeline wasn't limited by geography I would switch to a Child Timeline due to the Master Sword.

Games:
LoZ-beaten (gameshark)
AoL-beaten (gameshark)
ALTTP-beaten (possibly 100%, not sure)
LA-beaten (gameshark)
OoT-beat the Spirit Temple, not the Shadow Temple
MM-beaten 110%
OOX-beaten 110%
WW-beaten 100%
FSA-beaten 100%
TMC-beaten (don't have all the figurines and kinstone fusions, frankly because they are boring excuses for side-quests.)
TP-beaten 100%
PH- I did not like the stylus. Not at all. Made it to the doorstep of dungeon #1

^Most Awesome. Trip. Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecove
yeah sue me I'm typing with one hand
Last Edited by Double C; 11-22-2009 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Speechless
View Posts: 824

Theorists Profile:Farore-rocks333

History:
Ive been on ZU for a while but never too big in this section. I mostly stayed in General Zelda and General Discussion. About a week ago I choose to start this whole Zelda Theorizing thing out. I just finished my first timeline!

My Timeline:

.................../WW-PH-OoS-OoA-MC-ALttP-LA-FS-FSA-LoZ-AoL
...........OoT
...................\ MM-TP
Obviously the timeline splits one time. The CT is quite standard. The AT is nothing too crazy. This timeline is bound to change over time. Write on my wall or PM me if i have something totally wrong. I may get around to fully explaining this tiemline later but right now i dont feel like writing a long post.

Zelda Games Played
LoZ-About half way through. Working on it.
AoL-Im gonna do this one last.
ALttP-Beaten
LA-Half way through. Working on it.
OoT-Beaten 4 times. Only game I have done a 3 heart run for. So far...
MM-Beaten Twice
OoX-Have not started.
FS-Half way through
FSA-Havent started.
WW-Half way through.
MC-Beaten
TP-Beaten 3 times.
PH-Beaten twice.

Ill update this page later on today or tommorow with my Zelda Beliefs!
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2009, 07:39 PM
Fabulous
View Posts: 1,893

Theorizing 2.0 link
Last Edited by riomhaire; 05-31-2011 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Goron
View Posts: 233

I am obviously new and i have not really played more than past the GBA games
/tWW- PH -ST
OoT
\-MM-TP
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Zeldassavior Zeldassavior is a male United States Zeldassavior is offline
Goron
View Posts: 274

Timeline:
I know the Timeline is important kinda, but I could really care less, I Theorize about games one at a time. The only timeline I care about is the OoT split and I believe all games came after it, and none of this TMC came first stuff. There is more evidence towards it being afterwards than before. Another reason I don't have one is I believe I can't have one until I've played ALL the games, in which I haven't played LoZ, AoL, OoX, and I never got a bunch of people together in order to play FS (not FSA, I have played that). So in conclusion, the only thing I care about is:

WW-PH
|
OoT
|
MM-TP

Anything else I don't care much about.

Threads, Articles, Theories:

Thats all I care about too. Only 3d games.
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Zeldassavior Zeldassavior is a male United States Zeldassavior is offline
Goron
View Posts: 274

From what I can see, this is the most common thing of timelines.

----- WW/PH
----/
---OoT
----\
----- MM TP

I think this is pretty much the basis of timelines. OT seperating the adult timeline and child timeline. We all know for sure that MM and TP are on the child timeline, and WW and PH are on the Adult timeline. No other games are 100 percent concrete onto one side, nor are any other games concrete to be before OoT. Why people dont just start a timeline with these simple facts confuses me entirely.
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Guardian Dragon
Send a message via Skype™ to Fitoleon
Steam ID: lolsteam :P
View Posts: 2,237

Hello, world! I am Fitoleon!

Last Updated 4/22/11

ZELDA HISTORY:
My first ever Zelda game was A Link to the Past/Four Swords for GBA. A few years after that, I borrowed The Minish Cap from a friend... He never asked for it back. After years of hiatus, one day I thought to myself, "I wonder what new Zelda game is coming out?" and happened to stumble upon the "Chronology" section of The Legend of Zelda (series) article on Wikipedia. After reading it, I thought "Pft! I could do that!" and I've been theorizing ever since.

TIMELINE:
-----------TWW/PH--ST--TMC--FS/FSA--LoZ/AoL
---------/
SS--OoT
---------\
----------MM--TP/LCT----------------------ALttP/OoX/LA
New Game Not Yet Confirmed
Arguably Canon
(Possible Placement)

VIEW POINTS OF CONTROVERSY:

Game Specific Topics

Main Games

Legend of Zelda
- Ganon was possibly meant to wield the Trident, but could not because of graphical limitations.
- The Magical Sword is not the Master Sword.
- Just because a castle and settlements aren't depicted does not mean they do not exist.

Adventure of Link
- Legend of Zelda Hyrule, as stated in its manual, is a "little kingdom" in the Hyrule region.
Adventure of Link Hyrule is the region, with Legend of Zelda Hyrule being the small southwest portion.
- Maze Island is the same place as the one from Phantom Hourglass.

A Link to the Past
- The GBA version, and most of the changes made in it, is more canon than the SNES version.
- Ganon split his soul, creating a "bunshin" (Agahnim), in order to escape the Seal prior to A Link to the Past.
- Agahnim is a soul split of Ganon, and is never properly destroyed.

Link's Awakening
- The Wind Fish is a descendant of, and/or the same type of spiritual being as the Ocean King of Phantom Hourglass.
- The Wind Fish's dream draws heavily upon Link, specifically memories of ALttP and OoX.

Ocarina of Time
- The Desert Colossus is not representing Din.
- In the ending, Link was sent back to a point after he had left the forest, but before he had met Zelda.
- Timelines split/merge only when the games show as such, and OoT shows this with 2 simultaneous endings.
- Kaepora Gaebora has no relation to Rauru.

Majora's Mask
- Termina is a parallel world to Hyrule.
- Skull Kid is the same one who you play Saria's Song for, and sell a mask to, in Ocarina of Time.

Oracle of Seasons/Ages
- The games can be played in either order without major effects to the storyline, but Seasons-Ages is the more canon order.
- The Master Sword is not canon.
- Jabu Jabu is a descendent of Ocarina of Time's Jabu Jabu.
- Just as the Deku Tree passes on knowledge and power through children, so does Jabu Jabu to the new Jabu Jabu.
- The linked game and ending are canon.
- The Triforce returns to the Sacred Realm at the end of the linked game.
- Timelines split/merge only when the games show as such, OoX does not do either.

Four Swords
- Vaati was not sealed in TMC, he was killed. He was resurrected for the FS back story.

The Wind Waker
- Prior to Wind Waker, Ganon escaped the Sacred Realm Seal without breaking it.
- Ganon's escape of the Sacred Realm Seal is left unexplained, and will likely never be explained. As Hylian text states, "he was revived for no reason".
- Ganon's escape of the Flood Seal can be explained by Ganon splitting his soul, using the bunshin to kill the two Sages who empower the Master Sword, putting the two parts of his soul back together, and being free to roam, as the Master Sword no longer had the power to seal him.
- The Kokiri, as spirits, did not techincally "evolve", but instead, took on a new form, and became the Koroks.
- The Koroks succeed, the result is New Hyrule.
- Just as the Deku Tree passes on knowledge and power through children, so does Jabu Jabu to Jabun.
- Daphnes' mention of the "laws of the past" are a reference to Zelda's duty as the Princess to protect the Triforce of Wisdom from evil.
- Daphnes' wish sent the Triforce back to the Sacred Realm.
- Ganondorf is completely killed in the ending.

Four Swords Adventures
- The Dark Mirror and the Twilight Mirror are the same, but in different timelines.
- FSA's Dark Realm and the Twilight Curtain are the same.

The Minish Cap
- Link's obtaining of the hat is not indication of timeline placement.
- None of the books in the library are valid timeline indicators.
- Vaati dies in the end, and therefore, must have been resurrected for Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures.
- The Wind Tribe has no connection to the Oocca. The Wind Tribe is magic-based, the Oocca technology-based.

Twilight Princess
- The state of the Triforce in Twilight Princess is the result of the Goddesses (being outside of the influence of the split timeline) granting the rightful owners their Triforce pieces regardless of the timeline.
- The sages believe Ganondorf's Triforce of Power acquisition to be a "divine prank" because he never touched the Triforce.
- Ganondorf's "god complex" in Twilight Princess is the result of having a Triforce piece without touching the Triforce combined with surviving an execution attempt.
- Hero's Shade is the Hero of Time.
- Geography differences from Ocarina of Time are mostly due to retcon.
- The Twili drew from many Hyrulean tribes.
- The Oocca passed technological knowledge down to the Hylians, helping found Hyrule.
- The Dark Mirror and the Twilight Mirror are the same, but in different timelines.
- The Temple of Time is the same one from Ocarina of Time.
- Ganondorf and Zant became soulbound to each other.
- Zantís refusal to be revived led to Ganondorf's demise.
- Ganondorf is completely killed in the ending.
- The Triforce eventually returns to the Sacred Realm after their weilders die.

Phantom Hourglass
- The Realm of the Ocean King is an extension of the Great Sea.
- Similarily to the Wind Fish's ability to create things in a physical world by dreaming, the Ocean King has the power to change/warp a physical things in the physical world to the point of it being nearly another dimension, though dreams are not required.
- The fact that Link and Zelda were only gone for 10 minutes is explained by the fact that Link retains the [now empty] Phantom Hourglass: They were returned to their world and time by the power of the Ocean King and the Phantom Hourglass.

Spirit Tracks
- None.

Spin-off Games

Game & Watch
- G&W is more fanon then canon for me.
- G&W depicts a side story following TLoZ, having little to no timeline effect.

Linkís Crossbow Training
- LCT is canon as long as the main games allow.

Non-Game Specific Topics

The Hyrulian Civil War
- The bloodshed amongst the people spoken about in A Link to the Past and Twilight Princess are the same set of events.
- These events predate Ocarina of Time.
- The unifying of Hyrule by the King prior to Ocarina of Time marks the end of these wars.
- All of the major tribes except for the Gerudos formed an alliance at this time.

The Adventure of Link Backstory/Manual
- The Adventure of Link manual is still canon, as the newest release of it is the exact same [in the Japanese text] as the very first release.
- "When Hyrule was one country" refers to before the Hyrulian Civil War.
- The King had the complete Triforce.
- The Sleeping Zelda incident and the hiding of the Triforce of Courage are not in a chronologically close proximity.
- The secret that the Princess knew was the location of the Triforce of Courage.

The Minish Cap Manual/Backstory
- The Minish Cap backstory does not predate Ocarina of Time.
- The Hero of Men is not Gustaf.
- The Hero of Men is not the Link from Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link.
- The Hero of Men may be Switchblade I, but is more likely a Link we have not seen in any game.
- The Picori Blade is not the Master Sword or any other previously seen sword.
- The Light Force is not a piece of the Triforce.
- The Light Force is somehow related to the Force Gems.

The Imprisoning War
- The Seal War is the first time evil flowed from the Sacred Realm.

The Trident
- Though Ganon may have been meant to wield the Trident in Legend of Zelda, he was not soul-bound to it.
- Four Swords Adventures Ganondorf takes the Trident, takes on Ganon's soul (or some other evil soul), and becomes The King of Darkness.

Ganon's Title
- Ganon's title is not relevant in terms of timeline placement.

Force
- There is no real difference in "Life Force, "Force Gems", and "the Light Force", as all are the exact same word in Japanese. They are only in different forms, and thus, given different names in the English version.
- Life Force is similar to a soul, and everyone has it.
- Force Gems are crystalized Life Force.
- The Light Force is a powerful concentration of life force. Since Minish Cap says it came from the sky, it is quite possibly the life force of the Goddesses.
- As the "essence of the gods", the Triforce is very similar to three powerful force gems.
- Though the Triforce and the Light Force are not the same item, they are likely made of the same substance.
- Tears of Light from Twilight Princess are/function the same as force gems from Four Swords Adventures.

Spinoffs
- BS: Legend of Zelda may be semi-canon in showing director intent for Legend of Zelda Ganon to wield a Trident. Nothing important hinges on the canonity of it though.

Timeline
- Ocarina of Time causes a timeline split, with games coming after both of its endings.These two timelines are called the "Adult Timeline" and the "Child Timeline".

Miscellaneous
- Light Arrows are not the same as Silver Arrows. Light Arrows only have the power to weaken the defenses of evil, Silver Arrows are the only thing that can kill Ganon when he is empowered by the Triforce of Power.
- When referring to Sages and other spiritual leaders, the term "descendant" is not necessarily a blood relation, but a successor.
- Farore is the Goddess of Time.
- The Twilight Realm is a far more corrupt place in the Adult Line, and serves as a source of power and troops for Ganon.
- There are 3 varieties of Armos: Mechanical (built by the Picori), Petrified (soldiers cursed into stone), and Stone (crafted by the Gorons).

AWARDS:

Theorizing Awards:
- None

Other Awards
- Best Nayrulian Winter 2009 (Awarded to all of Nayru)

ZELDA GAMES PLAYED:
The Legend of Zelda: 1st Quest- 100%
....................................2nd Quest- Haven't started yet
The Adventure of Link: In Hiatus (Trying to get the Hammer before tackling Midero Palace; probably just going to start over.)
A Link to the Past: 100%
Link's Awakening: In Progress (Got a Mysterious Shell when I shouldn't have. Gotta start over. )
Ocarina of Time: 100%
Majora's Mask: 100%
Oracle of Ages: Haven't Started Yet
Oracle of Seasons: Haven't Started Yet
Four Swords: Don't have anyone to connect with
The Wind Waker: 100%
Four Swords Adventures: 100%
The Minish Cap: 100%
Twilight Princess: Don't own it
Phantom Hourglass: Beaten (Have 70/72 Ship Parts until 100%)
Spirit Tracks: Beaten (Have 15/50 rabbits, 13/20 stamp stations, 14/32 Train Parts, and 13/16 Heart Containers until 100%; probably just going to start over.)
Skyward Sword: Game Not Yet Released
Last Edited by Fitoleon; 04-23-2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-26-2009, 02:59 PM
I used to be "zeldaduderox"
Send a message via AIM to Nullatrum Send a message via Skype™ to Nullatrum
View Posts: 1,171

Hello. I am Zeldaduderox, or my upside-down name which I do not really refer to myself as that much. I am the creator of alot of popular theories (Including Fierce Deity, The Undead, Zeldaduderox's LEGIT timeline for 2009 (Which I totally regret now), and Timelines: Is there even an adult and child timeline?)

My personal timeline:

.........MM--TP--LoZ--AoL
OoT
........MM--WW--PH--ST--OoX--MC--FS/FSA--ALttP--LA

Or alternatively (Not as likely though) :

.........--MM--TP--LoZ--AoL
OoT--ALttP--LA
.........--MM--WW--PH--ST--OoX--MC--FS/FSA

I am the creator of the double MM theory. Note that the timelines above do not apply to the paradox at the end of OoT.
Last Edited by Nullatrum; 04-18-2010 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Zora Warrior
Steam ID: NightTerror56 Wii U ID: NightTerror56
View Posts: 325

Hello I'm Arceus. I've been theorizing only a few months and decided to post here.
AT:TMC-FS/FSA-OoT-WW/PH-ST
CT:TMC-FS/FSA-OoT/MM-TP-LoZ/AoL-OOX-ALttP/AST/LA
DT: SS-TMC-FS-SW-ALttP/OoX/LA-ALBW-LoZ/AoL
Last Edited by NightTerror; 02-11-2010 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-01-2009, 11:12 PM
-__^
Send a message via Yahoo to Watties
View Posts: 802

Yo sup, I'm Watties, previously known as LaZD (Link and Zelda Dude). I always had the little freewebs site, voted best freewebs site. I've beaten all the Zelda games, and have a timeline in my head but don't really want to release it, as I'm even still finding problems with it. I've always liked a linear timeline more, and think it could still technically make sense, but that isn't the case anymore. I've always thought of the double ALttP theory sense the split was first invented, more just out of determination to make my favorite game first. So, Hombre, your not the only one coming up with incredible ideas like that. I think the majority of retcons are for fags, but they can, and with how much Nintendo changes everything, some kind of have to happen. I like a single Ganon more than anything, but the seems to not be the case any longer. I still can see it making sense. My favorite band is Metallica, my favorite song being No Leaf Clover. My favorite show is... the Zelda one, but if we're being more serious and not just nostalgic, then Jericho. I'm Watties, and my catch phrase is to inappropriate for the forums. A LINK TO THE PAST IS THE BEST GAME EVER.

#36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Question Rethinking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuf Pic View Post
I FINALLY GOT BACK INTO THE THEORIZING FORUMS...

Anyways, my timeline is as follows:

THEORIST PROFILE: TUF PIC...

I'm in the minority here, in that I place most of the games on the CHILD TIMELINE, & that I think in some universes, ALL OF THE ZELDAS & LINKS ON THE CT ARE THE SAME... I hope no-one will *bash* me for saying that...

Timeline

-----/TWW/PH
-----/TMC - OoT
-----/-MM-ALTTPGBA/ALTTP-SC2-LADX/LA-AST-BSLOZ-AOL-OOX

Now, let me give you reasons why OOT-OOX LINK(S) CAN BE THE SAME, IN SOME REALITIES:

1) To those who use the uncle of ALTTPGBA/ALTTP Link(s) as an excuse to say that they ARE NOT THE SAME AS OOT LINK, let me point out the following: He is a Knight-of-Hyrule, & thus could easily have been fighting in the war @ the time of Link's birth, & thus it is safe to assume that OOT Link's mother would rather die herself than see her baby killed/injured in a war... So that logic has a BIG FLAW...

2) The geography wouldn't matter much, as that wouldn't pertain to whether it was/is the same Link or not, & even IF THAT WERE AN ISSUE, I could always point to...

Tectonic Plates, to solve that paradox!!

3) In BOTH OF THE COPIES I PLAYED OF ALTTPGBA, IT NEVER HINTED ONCE THAT ZELDA &/OR LINK INTRODUCED THEMSELVES, & there are a number of ways to explain that problem away...

4) We may NOT see Kokiri Forest ingame, but that's not to say it's NOT THERE!! Same with the Temple of Time...

5) The triforce pieces would NOT PROVE ANYTHING...

Show me your logic as to why they DO PROVE IT... I'll be glad to poke holes in that logic...

6) Ganon is the final boss for AST, so who's to say he can't be revived again fo BSLOZ?!

& the reason most of the games go on the CT is because Twinrova dies on the AT, & it would make MUCH MORE SENSE IF OOX WENT ON THE CT...

& you've only provided general statements, saying "it's more likely", & I'm asking "WHY/HOW IS IT MORE LIKELY"?!

EDIT: As for TP, I think it DOES NOT TAKE PLACE ON EITHER THE CT OR THE AT, but in a reality all by itself...

I mean, from what I've heard, it doesn't SPECIFICALLY MENTION OOT, so maybe it takes place in a parallel dimension, & that would make me feel MUCH BETTER!!

As for FS/FSA, I think it ALSO takes place in a parallel world to the CT/AT, because the storylines for Vaati in TMC & FS/FSA are SO contradictory to each-other!!

DOUBLE EDIT: As for actual evidence proving that in some realities OOT & ALTTP Link(s) are the same, well, in ALTTPSNES, it says 7 WISE MEN, & in contrast, ALTTPGBA says 7 SAGES, WHICH IS THE SAME AS OOT!!

I'd say that's pretty unarguable evidence that some of the characters in OOT were alive during the time of ALTTPGBA, & probably in BSLOZ/AOL, & possibly OOX... Which COULD INCLUDE LINK!!

AT LEAST IN SOME UNIVERSES!!
Since TMC features MANY RE-USED elements/characters, & since FSA features none, maybe I'll just reverse their places in my theory, & place TMC in a parallel universe, & FSA somewhere on the CT!!

But otherwise, I'd say I have a solid timeline!!

As for proof that OOT &/or ALTTP Links(s) are in BSZ, well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Zelda @ contacting the Heroine/Hero via telepathy
I am Princess Zelda. I've been trapped in a dungeon by evil power. Hero, hurry and rise! Hyrule! Hyrule is in danger!
Why place that quote in there, if they did not intend for OOT &/or ALTTP Link(s) to be in the game, because it negates the annoyingly popular CALATIA IDEA, or any idea like it, & if they were just trying to make it easier on themselves, then why not do that in AST, which was released AFTERWARDS ANYWAYS, & either of the earlier Link(s) have heard the telepathic message before anyways...

#37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Hime
View Posts: 1,790

Hello, ZU. I'm UltraLight. Check my avatar out.

*Boos* Oh ♥♥♥♥, a lame intro...

I'm not actually a theorist; I listen to people's theories and ponder over them. Any theories that have ever occurred to me in the past has already been mentioned before, so I'm quite useless here.

Zelda Games:
OOT: 100%
OOT MQ: At Gerudo Fortress
MM: 100%
MC: 100%
TP: 100%
WW: 100%

Threads:

I started a thread about Ocarinahero's timeline, yet it recieved a lot of hate to my surprise. I followed his theory for a while, looking for any mistakes and then found one: There was a serious problem with ALLTP's placement. So I've abandon that. I'm looking for another timeline to follow.

Other then that, I've found a really nice dance remix for the Deku Palace, check it out on the N64 section.

It's been FOREVER, ZU.

FOREVER.

HOW YOU BEEN!?
Last Edited by Phenomiracle; 10-19-2009 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Thumbs down Small mistake on my part...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuf Pic
As for actual evidence proving that in some realities OOT & ALTTP Link(s) are the same, well, in ALTTPSNES, it says 7 WISE MEN, & in contrast, ALTTPGBA says 7 SAGES, WHICH IS THE SAME AS OOT!!
Sorry about this part, but I still say that the GBA remake *MIGHT* make it possible for OOT, ALTTP, &/or BSLOZ Link(s) to be the same in some universes, due to it *UPDATING THE CANON!!*

EDIT: Otherwise, I think I have a solid timeline!!

Last Edited by Tuf Pic; 11-30-2009 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Wanted to give my self GONGRATS!! Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Ganon's Bane
View Posts: 5,706

My name is Andrew. You know me as silver arrow. I've been theorizing on ZU for nearly 6 years, though I stopped a few years ago. When I came back, all of my friends were gone, and I was burned out from theorizing for so hard, and for so long. I still haven't returned, because every time I do, I see the same old theories that have been around for years, and no real breakthroughs.

Timeline
=====TWW-PH---ST---TMC----FS/FSA---ALTTP-LA----OOS/OOA--LOZ-AOL-ZG&W
====/
OOT-MM---TP

Games completed 100%

All of them. Several times each. PH only once. TRRL I still haven't beaten. I picked up a copy when I went to Scotland, but I got stuck and started playing other games.

Accomplishments
I co-founded the United Wisemen back in the day.
I was an original member of the Bombers.
I pioneered the idea that ALTTP could come after FSA. An order still used by many today.
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-05-2009, 06:11 PM
There are no take-backsies in my kingdom.
Send a message via Skype™ to Jor-El

View Posts: 1,116

Ok I'm not that new although I don't have much posts :/

My name is Exziron. Thatís right, take it in. (Matt)

My Timeline

My timeline is a very common timeline. It starts off with Ocarina of Time. Then splits from there. Yes I do believe in the Split.

-----WW - PH - ST - MC- FS-FSA-LoZ - AoL
OoT
-----MM - TP - OoX - ALttP - LA

I believe that Links Crossbow Training is Canon because I believe that After Twilight Princess Link goes around Hyrule to finish off the rest of the Enemies that he left behind.
Some may argue that in LCT there is a Stalord and that the Stalord was killed in TP, thus making LCT non-canon. My arguement is, that the Stalord we fight in LCT is another Stalord. The two Stalord's look identical but are in fact different in appearance. I think that there are more than one Stalords just as there are more than one Stalchild or wolfos, etc.
Also in LCT there is a level where The Hyrule Castle town is celebrating by shooting up fireworks and balloons shaped like fruit in the night sky.

Games
The Zelda games Iíve played are:

Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess
Minish Cap
Four Swords
And a bit of A Link to the Past (I played the first part and couldnít get Zelda out of the dungeon :/ )

I have many Threads and Donít feel like posting all of them here (around 20)

Groups:

The Christian Church of ZU -ASK TO JOIN ZOMG!!!!
Fan-Fic without a name
Sheikah

Tags
statistics, theorists, theory