#61 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2009, 05:08 PM
theunabletable theunabletable is a male United States theunabletable is offline
(◕‿◕✿)
Send a message via AIM to theunabletable
3DS ID: 3050-7697-1416
View Posts: 4,442
Re: Back to the old debate

Because LoZ is the only one which shows hyrule as a big ass continent. The others and more recent ones show hyrule as a small island.
  #62 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Spiral Theorist
Send a message via AIM to Skylark
View Posts: 2,128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign of Madness View Post
I'm not saying that geography is better intent. I'm saying that the games that show intent through geography are much more recent than the original LoZ. Which I believe was retconned by BS LoZ anyway.

Yes in HP the soul is in the horcrux. But remember when Wormtail did the ritual to get Voldemort alive? The Horcrux that was used is no longer a horcrux. You get what I'm saying?
BS The Legend of Zelda Map1 Week1 Video Translation Daimaou/Demon King isn't mentioned anywhere.
However, when voldemort was revived it more resemeblem the AoL ressurection. They were not putting his soul into an object, rather doing the opposite.
Even if we were to be enslaved in the galaxy's cycle of rebirth, the feelings that were left behind will open the door! Even if the infinite universe were to go against us, our burning blood will cut through fate! We'll break through heavens and dimensions! We'll show you our path through force! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!?

Hmm, The official timeline reminds me alot of my original theory. The Rejected Hero of Time.

#63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Spiral Theorist

It uses the NoA name for Ganon in Oot. "King of Evil, Ganon." At least that is how the guy put it. Maybe we can get one of the LA translators to look at the line.
Even if we were to be enslaved in the galaxy's cycle of rebirth, the feelings that were left behind will open the door! Even if the infinite universe were to go against us, our burning blood will cut through fate! We'll break through heavens and dimensions! We'll show you our path through force! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!?

Hmm, The official timeline reminds me alot of my original theory. The Rejected Hero of Time.

#64 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2009, 05:17 PM
(◕‿◕✿)

King of Evil is J(y)aaku no Ou. Not daimaou.

Now I remember why we were debating this. Ganon shouldn't have to be revived in AoL right? You forget that I believe that Ganon's soul is in the ashes. So his soul moved from the trident to the ashes because of the ToP then.
  #65 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Spirit of Seasons
Send a message via AIM to Viral
View Posts: 1,657

Yeah, I call for a re-translate. It would be nice to get some confirmation. Anyone got the Japanese text?

Check out ZeldaInformer.

Bombers Articles: (Zelda Theorising)
The Master Sword Exposed (out of date due to SS, some images missing)
The Oocca: Engineers of Hyrule
The Great War of Ikana
The Mysteries of Malladus: The Demon King's Story

I'll be updating some articles and providing new content at Zelda Informer over December/January (2011/2012)

#66 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Spiral Theorist

^the only reason I question it is because King of evil has not been used in the japanese. They might have called him that because it is his american title at the time.

#67 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2009, 05:22 PM
(◕‿◕✿)

King of evil not used in japanese?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LttP manual one of the translations
At this time the evil King Ganon, who threatened Hyrule, was born.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LttP manual other fan translation
Indeed, the King of Evil Ganon, the one who has threatened Hyrule so, was born at this time.
Quote:
HAIRARU o obiyaka****a jyaaku no ou Ganon wa, masa ni kono toki, tanjyou ****a no desu.
Jyaaku no Ou is king of evil.
  #68 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2009, 05:25 PM
Spirit of Seasons
Send a message via AIM to Viral
View Posts: 1,657

King of Evil =/= Demon King.

I reakon the guy who translated LoZ BS could have the mistake of just calling him King of Evil because people know him as that in America, instead of Demon King.
We shall see.

Check out ZeldaInformer.

Bombers Articles: (Zelda Theorising)
The Master Sword Exposed (out of date due to SS, some images missing)
The Oocca: Engineers of Hyrule
The Great War of Ikana
The Mysteries of Malladus: The Demon King's Story

I'll be updating some articles and providing new content at Zelda Informer over December/January (2011/2012)

Last Edited by Viral; 01-29-2009 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #69 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2009, 05:28 PM
(◕‿◕✿)

I highly doubt it because the quote in BS LoZ that says king of evil follows the quote in LttP that says king of evil.
  #70 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2009, 05:32 PM
Spiral Theorist

Wasn't it changed to Yami no maou in the GBA though? Besides, this is only important if someone can prove that loz BS is canon.

Last Edited by Skylark; 01-29-2009 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #71 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2009, 05:45 PM
(◕‿◕✿)

Apparently BS LoZ is mentioned in the Zelda no video documentery. I just wish I knew what that was. People on LA mentioned it.
  #72 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Spiral Theorist

Multimedia Gallery - Home > Image Gallery > The Legend of Zelda > Official Art

This has all the art for LoZ. It is actually from the alltp manual. But describes the backstory of LoZ. Now, if that is to be taken as canon. It implies loz-aol - alltp.

Seeing how the pictures still relate to LoZ, I guess he still has the trident. I'll have to think about this now.

Last Edited by Skylark; 01-29-2009 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #73 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Hyrule defend itself? HAHAHAHA!
View Posts: 4,595

As far as the trident goes, I'm just going to state my opinion of it here.

The trident was not the vessel for Ganon's soul. Twinrova turns herself into said vessel, which is obvious due to the fact that she becomes blue fire that then becomes Ganon. Alternatively, as shown in OoT and MM, ghosts usually take the form of fire with gaps in the flames to function as eyes and possibly a mouth. Sharp and Flat, authentic ghosts, were like this as well. Because the blue flame is roughly the size of Ganon, in the spot that he will appear in, is the same color of his skin and clothing, and condenses into a ball before becoming Ganon, the blue flame may have actually been Ganon's spirit. Thus, he was definitely not called into a trident.

Because Twinrova's goal was to bring Ganon back from the dead, placing him in a body would be the most reasonable way of doing things. He'd be fully capable of leading his minions, and he'd truly be alive again. The fact that the sacrifice would (apparently) become a perfect body for him only reinforces this. Alternatively, considering the above paragraph, his spirit would create a body for itself.

The OoX trident is actually something that Ganon himself summons, and it has no importance; it's just an accessory that he doesn't even carry around with him. It's possible to never even see it in the fight, he doesn't appear with it, and he doesn't have it when he dies.

Also, regarding FSA, isn't there a quote where a Gerudo states that Ganondorf became more and more evil for no apparent reason each year? That could reinforce the idea of him naturally reincarnating (while keeping his greed and evil) even further. Hey, an Adult Timeline OoX placement has Twinrova reincarnating for no reason at all, so I don't see why Ganon can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcvalons
Vaati is the oldest villain in the Zelda chronology, and the oldest are always the most powerful.
Man, I've disproved this point every time I've dropped by the old folk's home.

I... I'm not allowed there any more.
  #74 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2009, 07:09 PM
Spiral Theorist

Then what is the spirit in the trident spoken of in FSA?

#75 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Theorist of two sides
View Posts: 8,038

The way I see it (Yes I've given up on OoT-LoZ-TWW) there are two opinions.

AoL BS = Neutral.
Ganon being alive = Neutral if Ganon has the Trident in LoZ, Erimlark Skygaurd if he doesn't.
Ganon's titles = Neutral if Ganon doesn't have the Trident in LoZ, Erimlark Skygaurd if He has the Trident.
Geography= Ollatios Smerthir

Best Theorist Fall 2007, Summer 2011 ; Most Devoted Theorist Summer 2010, Winter 2011, Summer 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv
You see, Pine, you and I - we're the superheroes of ZU.
  #76 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2009, 07:12 PM
Theorist of two sides

Quote:
The only game that screws up geography is FSA, actually.
How?

Best Theorist Fall 2007, Summer 2011 ; Most Devoted Theorist Summer 2010, Winter 2011, Summer 2011

Quote:
  #77 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Spiral Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecove View Post
The way I see it (Yes I've given up on OoT-LoZ-TWW) there are two opinions.

AoL BS = Neutral.
Ganon being alive = Neutral if Ganon has the Trident in LoZ, Erimlark Skygaurd if he doesn't.
Ganon's titles = Neutral if Ganon doesn't have the Trident in LoZ, Erimlark Skygaurd if He has the Trident.
Geography= Ollatios Smerthir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecove View Post
How?
Actually if yami no maou = has trident. Then we have titles if he doesn't have it.

TMC's map just goes up to the north mountain range, and the "sky view" is misleading. We don't know how high link is in the sky or how big the landmass is. More than what we see on TMC's map can be there. However, FSA causes a problem.

#78 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2009, 07:25 PM
Hyrule defend itself? HAHAHAHA!
View Posts: 4,595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark
Then what is the spirit in the trident spoken of in FSA?
I don't recall seeing a mention of a spirit in any Japanese quotes of that. I'm searching for a quote now, so I'll update in a bit.

Edit: I've found a quote. If you were referring to the Trident inscription, here's what it says in the Japanese version, courtesy of Jumbie.

Edit 2: I've found another Japanese quote regarding the Trident, once again courtesy of Jumbie. I'm also just going to throw in Zelda's quote from the Japanese version, which was translated by Jumbie as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Trident Inscription
Seek you the world? Seek you power?

If peace is boring, if that soul thirsts

If that soul cries for destruction and conquest

You are granted, in order to ruin the world, the power of darkness

Drown in desire and desire everything

Born from darkness, the demon's evil device, the trident

You are the King of Darkness
There's no mention of a spirit of the trident, and "that soul" mentioned in the second and third sentences is clearly "your soul" (that is, the soul of the person reading the inscription).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Maiden
Ja-ki... Demon's evil device, the trident... ?

This indentation is in the shape of a weapon...

Don't tell me the person who took this trident from here... was Ganondorf... ?!

The King of Darkness is not Gufuu... !!

S... such a terrible man is actually now somewhere in Hyrule doing something...!

... Link! The situation is even more serious than we thought! We must hurry!
Device, not spirit. Also, in Jumbie's translator notes, she says that "The Kanji for 'weapon' include that for 'device', so it's safe to say that the trident is a demon's weapon (as opposed to a vessel)".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda
Ganon... This demon beast was of the Gerudo tribe..., it was human and called Ganondorf... !

King of Darkness... The man who took the Trident, the demon's evil device (ja-ki) revived from ancient times!!
By the way, everyone in FSA doesn't go "Oh no, the spirit will kill us," but "Oh no, that rogue Gerudo will kill us". It's clear that the Ganon they are facing is the same man who stole the trident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcvalons
Vaati is the oldest villain in the Zelda chronology, and the oldest are always the most powerful.
Man, I've disproved this point every time I've dropped by the old folk's home.

I... I'm not allowed there any more.
Last Edited by Average Gamer; 01-29-2009 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #79 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2009, 07:31 PM
(◕‿◕✿)

And if what BS LoZ says is accurate then titles are neutral. BS LoZ may not take place in the real world. But it still seems fairly accurate.
  #80 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Theorist of two sides

Quote:
Actually if yami no maou = has trident. Then we have titles if he doesn't have it.
The point is that you either have Ganon being alive, or Ganon's titles. You can't have both however.

Quote:
TMC's map just goes up to the north mountain range, and the "sky view" is misleading. We don't know how high link is in the sky or how big the landmass is. More than what we see on TMC's map can be there. However, FSA causes a problem.
TMC's map shouldn't be taken for Canon though. Ever.

@Average gamer: Try this.

Quote:
Seek you the world? Seek you power?

If peace is boring, if that soul thirsts

If that soul cries for destruction and conquest

You are granted, in order to ruin the world, the power of darkness

Drown in desire and desire everything

Born from darkness, the demon's dark vessel, the trident

You are the King of Darkness
Quote:
Ja-ki... Demon's vessel of darkness, the trident... ?

This indentation is in the shape of a weapon...

Don't tell me the person who took this trident from here... was Ganondorf... ?!

The King of Darkness is not Gufuu... !!

S... such a terrible man is actually now somewhere in Hyrule doing something...!

... Link! The situation is even more serious than we thought! We must hurry!
ALso Guufu was the name of Vaati in Japanease? Nice.

Quote:

Tags
back, debate