Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#61 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-30-2009, 05:24 AM
Guardian Dragon
Send a message via ICQ to Smertios Send a message via AIM to Smertios Send a message via Yahoo to Smertios Send a message via Skype™ to Smertios
View Posts: 2,256
Re: DESTROYING THE SPLIT TIMELINE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilsbane View Post
True, but when you consider that this:

and this:

are official Nintendo depictions of the Seal cast in the Seal War, then you might reconsider whether it bears any resemblance to this Seal.
Look at The Last Supper by Da Vinci. You really believe that the apostles and jesus were that italian?

Also, once there was an exposition around here that showed several nativity scenes from all over the world. In the chinese one, Joseph and Mary had chinese eyes; and, in the bolivian one, everybody was indian and wearing trditional clothes of bolivia.

The exact knowledge of past events is destroyed by time itself, so different representations will exist with time, based on oral tradition only (considering that there were no photographs in the time). This makes things way too different from what happened in reality.

Also, several nationalistic sentiments could make authors "take the liberty" of cahnging history a bit. The best example is this picture:

It is called "Independence or Death!" and it was painted in 1888 by Pedro Américo. It is supposed to represent the Brazilian Declaration of Independence in 1822 by our first Emperor, D. Pedro I. Notice that The then Prince-Regent Pedro (the central figure) is dressed in a military uniform, hiding a horse and with a sword in his hand. Also notice all the dragoons in the picture.

The truth is that the Emperor was not wearing a military uniform, he had a stomachache and went to the edge of the river to... well, you know... and was hiding not a horse, but a mule. He also had no sword when he yelled "Independence or Death!", thus making Brazil independent. And that dragoon regiment was the personal guard of the emperor. The regiment was created only 1 year after the independence. But nobody really wanted to depict exactly what happened. They wanted to make that a heroic moment that would stay in the hearts of the brazilians for all eternity. And guess what, they did it...

My point here is, artistic works almost never depict a historical scene accurately...

Quote:
Several things apparently, but in this case I mean FSA.
But Ganon wasn't sealed in the SR in FSA...

Quote:
Because the six maiden 'successors' in ALttP weren't Sages, unless they expanded the membership limit to include Sahasrahla because he was a 'successor' too.
They were not only successors. They were also important priests. You can't say that Sahasrahla was a maiden, because he weren't.

And there are no sages in LttP at all. Maidens are not Sages. In the SW, there were Sages, not Maidens. This is not the case with FSA.

So, even if they wanted to make FSA the SW at some point, they gave up that idea...
  #62 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Hiroshi Yamauchi. Former president of Nintendo. Rest in peace.
Send a message via Yahoo to Chad
View Posts: 9,403

Sasrahala was a decendant of the knights, like Link. Not a decendant of the sages. He's just too old to fight. If my memory serves, that is.

......................................../`````````````````````````````````````````\
.........TWW-PH-ST-(LoZ-AoL)-(OoX)-TMC-FS-FSA-ALttP-LA-(OoX)-(LoZ-AoL)
OoT<.............................................. \____________________/
.........MM-TP
  #63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Theorist of two sides
View Posts: 8,038

Quote:
Several things apparently, but in this case I mean FSA.
FSA is not the SW.

Best Theorist Fall 2007, Summer 2011 ; Most Devoted Theorist Summer 2010, Winter 2011, Summer 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv
You see, Pine, you and I - we're the superheroes of ZU.
  #64 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-30-2009, 10:28 AM

Not any more or less than OoT. Both games were attempts at a SW in the beginning of development.

......................................../`````````````````````````````````````````\
.........MM-TP
  #65 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Theorist of two sides

Excuse me?

When did OoT ever NOT become the SW?

Better yet, prove to me that OoT isn't the SW.

Better yet: what the hell is with your timeline?

Best Theorist Fall 2007, Summer 2011 ; Most Devoted Theorist Summer 2010, Winter 2011, Summer 2011

Quote:
  #66 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-30-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecove View Post
Excuse me?

When did OoT ever NOT become the SW?

Better yet, prove to me that OoT isn't the SW.

Better yet: what the hell is with your timeline?

Man, that's an OLD debate. There are a lot of differences between the aLttP backstory, and OoT. There are still differences, even with the ALttP remake. Do we really have to do that again?

My new timeline attempts to show that OoX and LoZ-AoL can go in more than one place. Not that they happen twice or anything, but they can be early or late depending on which evidence someone personally wants to go with.

.........MM-TP
  #67 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-30-2009, 11:07 AM
Theorist of two sides

Quote:
Man, that's an OLD debate. There are a lot of differences between the aLttP backstory, and OoT. There are still differences, even with the ALttP remake. Do we really have to do that again?
No there isn't.

The SW is the first time the Triforce left the SR aka OoT.

Give it up dude.

Quote:
  #68 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-30-2009, 11:22 AM

Whatever man. Until they actually succeed in making a game that fits the SW exactly, which may never happen, fans will just have to work with what they have.

.........MM-TP
  #69 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-30-2009, 11:24 AM
Theorist of two sides

Which in this case in OoT.

Period.

Quote:
  #70 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Studied Zelda Lore: 2002-2009 [Sealed Forever]
Send a message via AIM to LOZ Historian
View Posts: 2,588

[looks around sheepishly with sword and shield in hand]

This is why I'm figuratively an old crusty bat. Too many words, not enough bite because of important things in real life getting in the way. "sigh" Blasted radical noobs. "mumble" I guess Lex took care of the thunder, and he's a good friend for doing that. Better him than me doing anything rash. "cough-cough"

Oh well. Maybe next time.

[goes back to normal avatar]

Anyway, sorry for the interruption.
You can have a timeline, or you can have canon, but not both . If one strictly follows the strictest form of canon, the timeline is ultimately destroyed. On the other hand, if one strives to create the most coherent timeline, the canon must be broken by corollary. It is the unfortunate world in which Nintendo has placed us, and now it is up to decide which road we shall follow: the road of truth where nothing can be created, or the road of imagination where nothing can be destroyed.
[Bomber's Notebook][The History of the UWM][Exposing the Sheikah]
[Zelda Historians]
Last Edited by LOZ Historian; 01-30-2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #71 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-30-2009, 12:13 PM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,981

Quote:
It would make more sense, considering that every descendant of the Sages in ALttP is human/hylian.
TWW shows us that the sage line is priestly, not a strict, literal bloodline. Thus, the descendants of the sages being Hylian is hardly farfetched. The sages in OoT and TWW are the only ones to be non-human regardless; how did that happen?

Quote:
How can OoT be the Seal War (as it was undoubtedly intended to be) if Ganon dies in LoZ and loses the ToP in the process?
Because the seal war is the story of how the Sacred Realm came to be sealed. Originally ALttP used it to explain Ganon's origins also, but I think we can safely say that OoT has filched that role and that the only real relevance of the seal war to ALttP is to explain where the sages' seal came from. Ganon dying, losing the Triforce, whatever, really has no bearing on whether or not the sages' seal was cast in OoT, since it was and this has not changed.
  #72 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Theorist of two sides

...Damnit I liked the old avatar.

You know that was the first one I ever saw you in.

Quote:
  #73 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Studied Zelda Lore: 2002-2009 [Sealed Forever]
Send a message via AIM to LOZ Historian
View Posts: 2,588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecove View Post
...Damnit I liked the old avatar.

You know that was the first one I ever saw you in.
"shrugs" I like being a cartoon. Helps blot out the "serious business" side of theorizing, at times...

Anyway, to be somewhat productive, this is what I think the radical split splitist noob was getting at in simple terms:

Adult Timeline [A]

Link is sealed and awakens in seven years.

Adult Timeline [B]

Timeline is branched off because of Links quest demanding a mandatory travel back in time during the Dessert Colosuss portion of his adventure. After slightly altering the past, he travels forward in time to a similar, but alternate future - despite the fact that he ALWAYS is returned to the future time period in which he went back from!

Child Timeline [A]

Zelda is stupid, and sends Link back in time to try and prevent the neglected future of Hyrule as they are standing in. This creates an alternative future.

Child Timeline [B]

I'm not even sure how this really works aside from what was explained in the first post, but I'm guessing it roots from the paradox shown in the scenario when Link learns the Song of Storms from the Windmill guy - assuming an alternate Link in another timeline returns to the past to teach the song to the Windmill Guy in order for Link in Adult Timeline A and or B to learn it... (Yeah... Good luck with that. Who the hell knows, it might not have been Link anyway. I'm sure he isn't the only kid that plays around with an ocarina, but whatever.)

Lets create another split while were at it, and then people over at LA forums and the Zelda Game FAQ boards can jerk off some more.

~Mock~

I feel pretty bad for all those people that died in Termina. Link had to time travel at least four or five different times to get things set in motion to save one timeline. All the other universal parallels to that world were destroyed because Link wasn't fast enough.

What. A. Mess.

------------
This is me beating a dead horse, that is mince-meat (probably sand now), but for the last time: I believe that because of Nintendo's indifference between Linear and Split universe time travel, it is inconclusive what the hell they were thinking until TP came out and confirmed their logic. Many hardcore Splitist will argue this because of MM release, but I don't give a damn considering the producers were wavering on TP being before TWW at one point, so "so what?". I seriously doubt they put as much thought behind the mathematics that this theory is trying to prove, nor do I think they will ever shed light on the ordeal since the series is moving away from the OoT era - finally, thank god.

~LOZ H~
You can have a timeline, or you can have canon, but not both . If one strictly follows the strictest form of canon, the timeline is ultimately destroyed. On the other hand, if one strives to create the most coherent timeline, the canon must be broken by corollary. It is the unfortunate world in which Nintendo has placed us, and now it is up to decide which road we shall follow: the road of truth where nothing can be created, or the road of imagination where nothing can be destroyed.
[Bomber's Notebook][The History of the UWM][Exposing the Sheikah]
[Zelda Historians]
Last Edited by LOZ Historian; 01-30-2009 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #74 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-31-2009, 02:36 AM
HAPPY TUF PIC DAY!!!!!!! IN SOME REALITIESSSSS!!@@@@@!@!!! !!@!!!!!!@@@@@@@
View Posts: 1,526

Quote:
The SW is the first time the Triforce left the SR aka OoT.

Which in this case in OoT.

Period.
That's just an opinion, there are threads that show how that part is debatable.

Quote:
Who the hell knows, it might not have been Link anyway. I'm sure he isn't the only kid that plays around with an ocarina, but whatever.
I believe it was always Link since the windmill man says:
Quote:
You played the Ocarina again,
didn't you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville boy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterlime View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson_Hero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ?

the truth
  #75 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-31-2009, 04:56 AM
quick silver quick silver is a male United States quick silver is offline
Snooty Mcfumbles
Send a message via Yahoo to quick silver
Steam ID: bagordy40
View Posts: 1,738

Quote:
it might not have been Link anyway. I'm sure he isn't the only kid that plays around with an ocarina, but whatever.)

Lets create another split while were at it, and then people over at LA forums and the Zelda Game FAQ boards can jerk off some more.
Quoted for being the most awesome thing anyone said. Ever.

#76 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-31-2009, 05:06 AM
Spirit of Seasons
Send a message via AIM to Viral
View Posts: 1,657

Quote:
"shrugs" I like being a cartoon. Helps blot out the "serious business" side of theorizing, at times...
Theorising: Serious ******* Buisness.

Check out ZeldaInformer.

Bombers Articles: (Zelda Theorising)
The Master Sword Exposed (out of date due to SS, some images missing)
The Oocca: Engineers of Hyrule
The Great War of Ikana
The Mysteries of Malladus: The Demon King's Story

I'll be updating some articles and providing new content at Zelda Informer over December/January (2011/2012)

Tags
destroying, split, timeline