Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Luthien Tinuviel Luthien Tinuviel is a female France Luthien Tinuviel is offline
Je me souviens maintenant et toujours
View Posts: 1,621
My Linear and Split Timeline Theories.

Okay so here they are:

Linear: TMC-->OoT-->MM-->TP-->OoS/OoA-->LA-->LoZ-->AoL-->FSA-->ALttP-->WW-->PH

*I put ALttP right before WW because in that game Link also seals Ganon away for so-called forever, where Ganon could also brake the seal. Th rest of my timeline is based on the timeline that I saw the GT Company make, which really made sense (however their timeline was split, but my game placements in the Linear Timeline were based on their facts.

Split: Child Timeline: TMC-->OoT-->MM-->TP-->OoX-->LA-->LoZ-->AoL-->FSA-->ALttP

Split: Adult Timeline: TMC-->OoT-->WW-->PH

Those are my theories based on my own and other peoples facts or opinions. It makes sense to me, but what do you all think? (NO SCOLDING PLEASE, IT IS ONLY A THEORY)
Last Edited by Luthien Tinuviel; 01-23-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2009, 02:39 PM
theunabletable theunabletable is a male United States theunabletable is offline
(◕‿◕✿)
Send a message via AIM to theunabletable
View Posts: 4,070
Re: My Linear and Split Timeline Theories.

Quote:
OoS/OoA-->LA
omgomgomgomgomg. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside right now.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Luthien Tinuviel Luthien Tinuviel is a female France Luthien Tinuviel is offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign of Madness View Post
omgomgomgomgomg. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside right now.
why?
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Bow down before the one you serve, you're going to get what you deserve.
View Posts: 6,435

I'm not gonna get into your Linear timeline, seeing as Eiji Aonuma has already stated the timeline is split [as has Shigeru Miyamoto] but let's take a look at your Split Timeline, shall we?

1: Why is Minish Cap first? I know a lot of people place it there, but what's you're reasoning?

2: How does the Triforce go from TP [split in three pieces with three different holders] to OoX [all three pieces together, resting in Hyrule Castle] ?

3: When does the AoL backstory happen, and [if not near the start of the timeline] why is the Zelda in it called the "first generation/founder Zelda" in the Japanese text?

Voted Best Zelda Theorist Summer 2008, Winter 2008, and Summer 2009
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda Winter 2008.
Voted Most Dedicated Theorist Summer 2009

ZeldaInformer | Forums | Bombers Notebook | The Bombers | Resources
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2009, 02:44 PM
(◕‿◕✿)

Your OoX-LA placement. It has more overall evidence than really any other placement.

(I follow OoX-LA with my life, pretty much.)

Ok I'll move onto the rest of the timeline.

Why does FSA take place on a small island in a flooded hyrule?
Why is there less water in the present of OoA than the past?
Why is there the name "Triumph Forks" if that name had never been used until after the flood?
How does the triforce work from TP-OoX?
How does the triforce work from OoX-LoZ?
How does the triforce get from the world to the SR?
Why are there descendants of the oracles in OoX in tMC?
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Your OoX-LA placement. It has more overall evidence than really any other placement.
lol

Quote:
It was made before Wind Waker, and things naturally change. Not necessarily a timeline indicator.

Quote:
They are not specified to be descended fromt he ones in OoX. They are descended from a long line of Oracles.

However, placing MC before OoX requires the oracles to live in Holodrum/Labrynna, move to Hyrule, and then move back again.

#7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2009, 02:51 PM
(◕‿◕✿)

Quote:
lol
I was being serious. It has more total evidence than any other placement. No other game other than the confirmed sequels has damn near that much evidence. LttP-LA just so happens to have a lot too (not quite as much. But everyone here thinks that the LttP-LA evidence is better.)
Quote:
It was made before Wind Waker, and things naturally change. Not necessarily a timeline indicator.
Sure, but in 400 years? The islands are moving closer together. It doesn't have to mean Deku Trees plan is working. It just makes way more sense that way.
Quote:
They are not specified to be descended fromt he ones in OoX. They are descended from a long line of Oracles.

However, placing MC before OoX requires the oracles to live in Holodrum/Labrynna, move to Hyrule, and then move back again.
It is definitely implied though.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I was being serious. It has more total evidence than any other placement. No other game other than the confirmed sequels has damn near that much evidence. LttP-LA just so happens to have a lot too (not quite as much. But everyone here thinks that the LttP-LA evidence is better.)
Let's not let this turn into another LA placement debate
My point is that all evidence of placement is subjective, seeing as the whole game is a dream, and contains elements from Mario and other crap to. Like I said before, that branch is DEFINITELY aLttP-OoX-SMB3-LA
Based on evidence.

#9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2009, 02:54 PM

[QUOTE= Why is Minish Cap first? I know a lot of people place it there, but what's you're reasoning?[/QUOTE]

Because the hero in at that time (Gustaf) was referred to as the Hero of Men. The HoT was not mentioned yet. Also, the Minish were tired of the fighting in Hyrule, which could possibly be the great war of unifying Hyrule which is spoken of in OoT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by How does the Triforce go from TP [split in three pieces with three different holders
to OoX [all three pieces together, resting in Hyrule Castle] ?
Well, I was just thinking on how many years could have passed between each game, and so I figured that anything could've easily happened to the Triforce. Also, the oracle games must occur BEFORE LA to me because Link is traveling BACK TO HYRULE, which could imply from Holodrum or Labrynna. It is definately not from Termina, because Link travels to and from Termina via magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3: When does the AoL backstory happen, and [if not near the start of the timeline
why is the Zelda in it called the "first generation/founder Zelda" in the Japanese text?
If you think about, LA was one of the first Zelda games. Therefore, not any of the future games existed yet, so the backstory was near the beginning. But, OoT, according to Nintendo (before TMC came out), was the first game in the timeline. The LA backstory could've happened at the very beginning, but LA happens in the closer ending of the timeline due to the fact that: 1.)Link comes back from Holodrum/Labrynna and finds that Hyrule has moved North (in LoZ, you must get all of his items again, and he finds that the Hyruleans DID move North, as seen in LA.) Secondly, LA occurs only seasons after LoZ, according to Nintendo.

So you see, as future Zelda games come out, the timeline(s) WILL change always. So, that is my theory.

I personally believe that either a split or linear timeline could BOTH work, if you place facts correctly. Any of those timeline interviews could easily be fake, made by either linear or split supporters.
Last Edited by Luthien Tinuviel; 01-23-2009 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessZelda2 View Post
Because the hero in at that time (Gustaf) was referred to as the Hero of Men. The HoT was not mentioned yet. Also, the Minish were tired of the fighting in Hyrule, which could possibly be the great war of unifying Hyrule which is spoken of in OoT.
You've obviously seen the GameTrailers Timeline...forget EVERYTHING you saw in it, it's all a lie. Seriously. I wrote an article about it. ZI is still down, but I might be able to find it somewhere.
Anyway:

-The Hero of Men is NEVER stated to be Gustaf
-Just because the Hero of Time isn't mentioned dosen't mean MC is first. Only OoT, MM, and WW mention the Hero of Time [and TP implies it]...does that mean the other 10 games ALL come before OoT??
-The Minish were not "tired of the fighting". What Minish Cap REALLY says is that the world was about to be swallowed up by shadows/evil, and the Minish Came in and helped the Hero of Men save the day.

Quote:
Well, I was just thinking on how many years could have passed between each game, and so I figured that anything could've easily happened to the Triforce.
It's usually not a good idea to leave something important like that up to imagination. You should have some sort of explanation for how it happened, as it's a very significant storyline element. Especially when you consider that AoL ends with the Triforce complete and in the castle, and OoX begins with the Triforce complete and in the castle.

Quote:
If you think about, LA was one of the first Zelda games. Therefore, not any of the future games existed yet, so the backstory was near the beginning. But, OoT, according to Nintendo (before TMC came out), was the first game in the timeline. The LA backstory could've happened at the very beginning, but LA happens in the closer ending of the timeline due to the fact that: 1.)Link comes back from Holodrum/Labrynna and finds that Hyrule has moved North (in LoZ, you must get all of his items again, and he finds that the Hyruleans DID move North, as seen in LA.) Secondly, LA occurs only seasons after LoZ, according to Nintendo.
The Hyruleans didn't just "move" north. The kingdom we see in AoL has existed for quite some time. The kingdom of LoZ got destroyed though, leaving only AoL Hyrule. It wasn't "moving", it's just that AoL Hyrule is all that was left.

Quote:
I personally believe that either a split or linear timeline could BOTH work, if you place facts correctly. Any of those timeline interviews could easily be fake, made by either linear or split supporters.
They're not fake. There's three documented interviews in which they state there's a split, and they're not translated by splittists...they're translated by un-biased Nintendo workers.

#11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2009, 03:01 PM
(◕‿◕✿)

Quote:
Let's not let this turn into another LA placement debate
My point is that all evidence of placement is subjective, seeing as the whole game is a dream, and contains elements from Mario and other crap to. Like I said before, that branch is DEFINITELY aLttP-OoX-SMB3-LA
Yeah the evidence is subjective. But if you count all of the evidence it has more evidence than really any other placement. I don't want this to turn into an LA placement debate either. Was only saying I love that placement.
Quote:
Because the hero in at that time (Gustaf)
Ugh. I won't comment on this.

Overall it isn't too bad for a first. I know you'll change it soon.

Explain these though please.

Why does FSA take place on a small island in a flooded hyrule?
Why is there the name "Triumph Forks" if that name had never been used until after the flood?
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2009, 03:05 PM

Well, even so, too many theories exist to even make a TRUE timeline, unless Nintendo finally decides to tell us.

Also, I believe that maybe sometimes we shouldn't worry about the facts completely, but use our imagination based on the facts.

Not all of my facts came from GT, and in fact, most of them DID NOT.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2009, 03:07 PM

Well you quoted them word for word in several places
Yes, we need to use our imaginations, but when your theories/speculation directly conflicts with in-game evidence, it's time to change your thought pattern.

#14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2009, 03:15 PM

[QUOTE=Why does FSA take place on a small island in a flooded hyrule?
Why are there descendants of the oracles in OoX in tMC?[/QUOTE]

Okay here is my overall answer, (not the best one).

Every Zelda game usually occurs years after its predecessor. And, think about how many times Hyrule changed. Here is an example.

OoT-->MM-->TP

In those three games, Hyrule went from how looked in OoT, to its TP form. That was a huge change. And, here is something that has brought up many problems. Hyrule Castle in WW looks a lot like the very same North Castle as seen in FSA (I think that is the game its from).

I think that if all nations of the Zelda Universe always looked the same, that could build evidence for better theories. Too many times has Hyrule and other nations bordering it changed, and because of that, it has become extremely hard for theorists to build up a timeline without others questioning it.

As for the Triforce placement, that also could have easily changed due to Hyrule changing. The SR is actually the Dark World in (I can't remember which game, sorry.) So, the SR always existed, but the Triforce could have easily been moved to protect it from Ganon, since he was sealed in the SR by Link many times. It could've easily been moved to the upper world (Hyrule) for that reason and other reasons.
Last Edited by Luthien Tinuviel; 01-23-2009 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2009, 03:17 PM

Well, in particular with FSA, the problem is placing it on the child timeline is a geographical contradiction. aLttP specifically states that in the olden days of Hyrule, it was a beautiful land "surrounded by forests and mountains".

Now, since FSA Hyrule is an island surrounded by a vast ocean...doesn't make much sense for it to be the same landmass as the old Hyrule, right? The Adult Timeline provides us with a flooded world, making FSA's map possible.

#16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2009, 03:23 PM

That is what I am saying. See how Hyrule changed? That could definately geographically contradict many other theories.

Too many factors have to be considered to build a true and accurate timeline, such as
1. Triforce and where it is
2. Backstory of each game
3. Hyrule's geography and location
4. The map of the ZU. (including bordering lands like Labrynna, Holodrum, etc.)
5. Link, Zelda, Ganondorf
6. Bloodlines and relations
7. Key and important people disappearing or reoccuring.
8. And more.....

The factors are too great in numbers, and therefore, every theoretical timeline comes up into questioning and debate......

We might never even know the true timeline.....
Last Edited by Luthien Tinuviel; 01-23-2009 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2009, 03:27 PM

Yes, it's very hard to construct a working timeline, but what I'm saying is, yours is directly contradicted by many things. The point is to try to make a timeline with no, or as few as possible, contradictions.

#18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2009, 03:29 PM

well, can't win them all i guess.

Tags
linear, split, theories, timeline