Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2009, 04:45 AM
Paul Henry Paul Henry is a male United States Paul Henry is offline
Mogma
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Connecticut
View Posts: 165
King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule has always puzzled me as to why he is still alive and that he seems to have mystical powers. I looked in zeldawiki and this is the info I found:

"Judging by how he fades in and out of existence, and how he's still living in Hyrule despite the fact that it had been sealed away by the gods long ago, he may merely be an apparition. He may also be grounded spiritually to Hyrule, as Link only meets him in person while in Hyrule."

What do you guys think, is he an apparition?
If not, then what else?
__________________

^Click to view my youtube page!^
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2009, 06:51 AM
Skylark Skylark is a male United States Skylark is offline
Spiral Theorist
Send a message via AIM to Skylark
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida
View Posts: 2,128
Re: King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

Tetra meets him too. He has probably used his ToW shard to 1. live longer 2. bypass the time seal thing.
__________________
Even if we were to be enslaved in the galaxy's cycle of rebirth, the feelings that were left behind will open the door! Even if the infinite universe were to go against us, our burning blood will cut through fate! We'll break through heavens and dimensions! We'll show you our path through force! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!?

Hmm, The official timeline reminds me alot of my original theory. The Rejected Hero of Time.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2009, 03:37 PM
theunabletable theunabletable is a male United States theunabletable is offline
(◕‿◕✿)
Send a message via AIM to theunabletable
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Norwalk, Southern California
View Posts: 4,284
Re: King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

I think I agree with Skylark.

BTW I believe that Daphnes is the king from OoT. It would make sense for why he has regrets about Hyrule. And why he knew Ganondorf.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Demo Demo is a male Honduras Demo is offline
Used to be "The Sheikah" user
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: With your girl
View Posts: 2,549
Re: King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

If he was the same king from OoT then how did he obtain the piece of the ToW? What was of him in the 7 years? I think Ganondorf killed him after the split.
Last Edited by Demo; 01-20-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2009, 03:51 PM
theunabletable theunabletable is a male United States theunabletable is offline
(◕‿◕✿)
Send a message via AIM to theunabletable
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Norwalk, Southern California
View Posts: 4,284
Re: King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

Well I'd say it is the only logical answer for how he could be a king and how he could have talked to Ganon in the past.

How else would he know Ganon if Ganon was sealed the whole time?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Demo Demo is a male Honduras Demo is offline
Used to be "The Sheikah" user
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: With your girl
View Posts: 2,549
Re: King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

Well, the entities who sealed him could have told him about ganon. After peace returns to Hyrule in OoT AT ending, antoher couple of descendants could have been created from Zelda. I dont think the flood occured just after the OoT ending.
Last Edited by Demo; 01-20-2009 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Luthien Tinuviel Luthien Tinuviel is a female France Luthien Tinuviel is offline
Je me souviens maintenant et toujours
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lorien Forest
View Posts: 1,621
Re: King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

I think that he only remains in person in Hyrule because he is bound to it. Plus, he probrably had the ToW shard because it was entrusted to him. He also gives many clues that he was King during OoT. The ToW was given to him maybe because of the fact that Zelda, Tetra's ancestor, fled to the mountaintops as Daphnes states, "Those were your ancestors," when he talks to Link and Tetra. Because Hyrlue had been frozen and sealed in time for many long years, there are so many possibilities.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2009, 04:17 PM
theunabletable theunabletable is a male United States theunabletable is offline
(◕‿◕✿)
Send a message via AIM to theunabletable
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Norwalk, Southern California
View Posts: 4,284
Re: King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Daphnes
He who touches it will have whatever he
desires granted...

That is what you said, is it not, Ganondorf?
He has spoken to Ganondorf before.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2009, 04:56 PM
SevenYears SevenYears is offline
HAPPY TUF PIC DAY!!!!!!! IN SOME REALITIESSSSS!!@@@@@!@!!! !!@!!!!!!@@@@@@@
Join Date: Mar 2007
View Posts: 1,526
Re: King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

Quote:
He has spoken to Ganondorf before.
YouTube - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Ganondorf

Or he heard him just a few seconds ago.
__________________
Time Travel | The Unsolved Mysteries of Ocarina of Time | Fun Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville boy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterlime View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson_Hero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ?

the truth
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Average Gamer Average Gamer is offline
Hyrule defend itself? HAHAHAHA!
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Haunted Wasteland
View Posts: 4,595
Re: King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign of Madness
He has spoken to Ganondorf before.
Or he just overheard Ganondorf saying that five seconds ago. Edit: SevenYears also pointed this out a minute ago.

I believe that King Daphnes was still alive. After all, Twinrova could live for 400 years, so Daphnes, being a sorcerer, could have also gained an extended life span. He also held part of the ToW, and he may have inherited the role of Sage from OoT's Zelda.

I doubt that he was the king from OoT. His reasons for feeling guilty and having regret are clearly just due to his failure to prevent Ganon from conquering Hyrule when a hero wasn't around. Also, the intro to TWW states that Ganon returned at a time when the Hero of Time had faded into legend, so it was clearly a couple of generations down the road.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintin O Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcvalons
Vaati is the oldest villain in the Zelda chronology, and the oldest are always the most powerful.
Man, I've disproved this point every time I've dropped by the old folk's home.

I... I'm not allowed there any more.
Last Edited by Average Gamer; 01-20-2009 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2009, 05:06 PM
theunabletable theunabletable is a male United States theunabletable is offline
(◕‿◕✿)
Send a message via AIM to theunabletable
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Norwalk, Southern California
View Posts: 4,284
Re: King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

Damn forgot about that.

I stand corrected then.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Melchizedek Melchizedek is a male Australia Melchizedek is offline
人生の目的は死ぬ
Send a message via Skype™ to Melchizedek


Join Date: Apr 2008
View Posts: 539
Re: King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

Daphnes is just an apparition IMO, and isn't there a quote that says only those living can obtain the Triforce... so when Daphnes touches it, he doesn't receive it, or the part that reflects him most... The Triforce goes away... as I've thought because he is not living...
__________________
[center]
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Pinecove Pinecove is a male Canada Pinecove is offline
Theorist of two sides
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto Ontario
View Posts: 8,038
Re: King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

Quote:
and isn't there a quote that says only those living can obtain the Triforce
Ahem...

Quote:
The Triforce will grant the wishes in the heart and mind of that person as long as he lives.
Daphneas wishes on the Triforce hense he can't be dead.
__________________

Best Theorist Fall 2007, Summer 2011 ; Most Devoted Theorist Summer 2010, Winter 2011, Summer 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv
You see, Pine, you and I - we're the superheroes of ZU.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Melchizedek Melchizedek is a male Australia Melchizedek is offline
人生の目的は死ぬ
Send a message via Skype™ to Melchizedek


Join Date: Apr 2008
View Posts: 539
Re: King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

...I just got denied...
__________________
[center]
Last Edited by Melchizedek; 01-20-2009 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2009, 07:38 PM
Smallville Boy 69 Mexico Smallville Boy 69 is offline
Mexicuter
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: México
View Posts: 5,666
Re: King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule was the king of the kingdom that was flooded.
I mean, he isn't the king from OOT.
Hyrule was flooded long long time after OOT ending, i mean many generations after OOT ending.

Quote:
WW INTRO:
Long ago, there existed a kingdom where a golden power lay hidden. One day, a
man of great evil found this power and took it for himself, and with it at his
command, he spread darkness across the kingdom. But then...just as all hope had
died, a young boy clothed in green appeared as if from nowhere. Wielding a blade
that repelled evil, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This boy,
who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Time. The
boy's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend
.

And then a day came when a fell wind began to blow across the kingdom, and the
great evil once again crept forth from the depths of the earth.



Quote:
DAPHNES NOHANSEN HYRULE:
This is Hyrule...

And I am its king:
Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule.

Link, do you not recognize
my voice?

Indeed, I am the one who guided you here.
I am the King of Red Lions.

There was no need for me to reveal my true
identity to you so long as that blade,
the Master Sword, could defeat Ganon...

But now...both of you must listen to me.

Once, long ago, this land of Hyrule was
turned into a world of shadows by Ganon,
who sought to obtain the power of the
gods for his own evil ends.

My power alone could not stop the fiend,
and our only choice was to leave the fate
of the kingdom in the hands of the gods...

When the gods heard our pleas, they chose
to seal away not only Ganon, but Hyrule
itself...and so, with a torrential downpour
of rains from the heavens...

Our fair kingdom was soon buried beneath
the waves, forgotten at the bottom of
the ocean.


Yet all was not lost. For the gods knew
that to seal the people away with the
kingdom would be to grant Ganon's wish
for the destruction of the land.

So, before the sealing of the kingdom,
the gods chose those who would build a
new country and commanded them to take
refuge on the mountaintops.

Those people were your ancestors.

Hundreds of years have passed since then...
In WW Hundred of years have passed since the flood.
I think that king Dhapnes is inmortal because he became some kind of sage like princess zelda in OOT.
__________________


Few things satisfy like a puzzle solved!
Last Edited by Smallville Boy 69; 01-20-2009 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-21-2009, 02:23 AM
Paul Henry Paul Henry is a male United States Paul Henry is offline
Mogma
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Connecticut
View Posts: 165
Re: King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

I seem to be leaning towards the sage theory, here's a few things i'v thought up

1.how can the ToW piece give him immortality when it didn't give tetra's piece didn't give her ancestors immortality

2.however, where is this quote that says only the living can touch the triforce? I thought i remembered something like that too but i haven't seen it.
__________________

^Click to view my youtube page!^
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-21-2009, 02:54 AM
Melchizedek Melchizedek is a male Australia Melchizedek is offline
人生の目的は死ぬ
Send a message via Skype™ to Melchizedek


Join Date: Apr 2008
View Posts: 539
Re: King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude above
where is this quote that says only the living can touch the triforce? I thought i remembered something like that too but i haven't seen it.
The Triforce will grant the wishes in the heart and mind of that person as long as he lives.

It was earlier on in the thread, courtesy of Pinecove...
__________________
[center]
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-21-2009, 03:06 AM
Reign Reign is a male United States Reign is offline
Professional slacker
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Yes.
View Posts: 1,840
Re: King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

Well, obviously Daphnes can't be dead because of the Triforce...Which sucks, because I think the idea of him being a ghost makes the most sense...

Anyway, no, I don't think he's the king from OoT. Ganondorf was implied to have killed that king.

And Daphnes knew both Fado and Laruto, as he conducted their songs to the Master Sword with the Wind Waker. Since Fado and Laruto weren't in OoT, then a period of time has passed since then, and that means Daphnes couldn't be the king in OoT. He was probably the king during the flood period.
__________________
"That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney
Last Edited by Reign; 01-21-2009 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-21-2009, 03:10 AM
Melchizedek Melchizedek is a male Australia Melchizedek is offline
人生の目的は死ぬ
Send a message via Skype™ to Melchizedek


Join Date: Apr 2008
View Posts: 539
Re: King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

I believe he is the king when the flood occurred... possibly the King that succeeded Ganondorf after OoT, assuming Ganondorf assumed the defunct title 'King' after killing the other king. If WW itself is only 100 years after OoT, who know how many years upon the sea, so the king who was around from the flood would only be 1, 2 max 3 generations from OoT...
__________________
[center]
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Kingconnor Kingconnor is a male United Kingdom Kingconnor is offline
Mogma
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Portsmouth
View Posts: 192
Re: King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchizedek View Post
I believe he is the king when the flood occurred... possibly the King that succeeded Ganondorf after OoT, assuming Ganondorf assumed the defunct title 'King' after killing the other king. If WW itself is only 100 years after OoT, who know how many years upon the sea, so the king who was around from the flood would only be 1, 2 max 3 generations from OoT...
Um, what? Are you speculating if WW comes 100 years after OOT? Or do you actually think that?
Because there is no possible way for that to be true, because of numerous quotes saying the Hero of Time faded into legend, and then Ganon escaped, and then that turned into legend.
It seems too illogical for the whole of the Great Sea to forget the flooding, forget Ganon, and forget Hyrule in a mere 100 years, don't you think?
I believe 1000 years to be more comprehensible.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziel Satori
I'm not being stubborn, I'm right and you are wrong
Hey, talk to me on MSN, just let me know who you are first.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
daphnes, hyrule, king, nohansen


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -