$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-31-2008, 11:31 PM
theunabletable theunabletable is a male United States theunabletable is offline
(◕‿◕✿)
Send a message via AIM to theunabletable
View Posts: 4,376
Re: SUPER THEORIZING BROS BRAWL II

The level where you save Zelda in OoA is almost identical to the original Donkey Kong if I remember right. Except with Vire, Link and Zelda. And if I remember right they do a lot of build up about the person you save is Zelda.

Actually when you really think about it it was very much in his control in LoZ. If he hadn't saved Hyrule Impa he wouldn't have gone to Impa. But anyways. I don't agree about the AoL mark being destiny. I'll debate as if it were though. If it was destiny the destiny was 2 different things. One was to bring peace back to hyrule. The other was to awaken a sleeping princess.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Spiral Theorist
Send a message via AIM to Skylark
View Posts: 2,128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign of Madness View Post
The level where you save Zelda in OoA is almost identical to the original Donkey Kong if I remember right. Except with Vire, Link and Zelda. And if I remember right they do a lot of build up about the person you save is Zelda.

Actually when you really think about it it was very much in his control in LoZ. If he hadn't saved Hyrule Impa he wouldn't have gone to Impa. But anyways. I don't agree about the AoL mark being destiny. I'll debate as if it were though. If it was destiny the destiny was 2 different things. One was to bring peace back to hyrule. The other was to awaken a sleeping princess.
What I meant as destiny is that the spell judges a person's innate qualities. Since one does not choose these qualities, it is on the same level as destiny.

Yes, Link knows he is going to save Zelda. However, once the player gets there, the game gives a formal introduction to the character, and delivered it in a very vague way. Curse you NoA. (or capcom?)
Even if we were to be enslaved in the galaxy's cycle of rebirth, the feelings that were left behind will open the door! Even if the infinite universe were to go against us, our burning blood will cut through fate! We'll break through heavens and dimensions! We'll show you our path through force! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!?

Hmm, The official timeline reminds me alot of my original theory. The Rejected Hero of Time.

#23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-31-2008, 11:38 PM
(◕‿◕✿)

Why does a fictional game character need to have a formal introduction to the player when both the player and all the character's already know who she is?

You didn't respond to my point about the marks being there for completely different purposes.
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-31-2008, 11:45 PM
Spiral Theorist

Quote:
Why does a fictional game character need to have a formal introduction to the player when both the player and all the character's already know who she is?

You didn't respond to my point about the marks being there for completely different purposes.
The player does not really know who she is though. They can't assume that the player has played another zelda game before. The confirmation prevents a "your princess is in another castle."

The mark in OoX is just said to be the mark of an Hylian hero, who has it is said to save Hyrule. I don't see how this contradicts AoL. The mark has been the mark of a hero long before either OoX or Aol. In fact that meaning is probably what lead the King to make the triforce mark the icon for his spell. Also, the one who bears the mark is said to get the triforce and awaken Zelda. Is that not the "mark of a hero?"

Also, it is said in the manual that Link was called to the castle by a force (or something like that) As the triforces "owner" I'm sure it could call him.
Even if we were to be enslaved in the galaxy's cycle of rebirth, the feelings that were left behind will open the door! Even if the infinite universe were to go against us, our burning blood will cut through fate! We'll break through heavens and dimensions! We'll show you our path through force! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!?

Hmm, The official timeline reminds me alot of my original theory. The Rejected Hero of Time.

#25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-31-2008, 11:48 PM
(◕‿◕✿)

I'll be back. Gonna check some text dumps. But I'm pretty sure that Impa says that Vire captured Zelda.

The mark is actually to bring restore peace when hyrule crumbles. Or something along those lines.

I think a mark appearing on your hand in the shape of the Triforce qualifies as a force.
EDIT:
Quote:
Link! Great timing! This bird just told me that Zelda is on her way to
Lynna Village! So I came to meet her, but... Oh, what a mess! A red
monster appeared right before my eyes and carried Zelda off!
After that you have to go and save Zelda. The player already knows who she is. And there is no reason for Zelda to introduce herself if the main character knows her personally.
DOUBLE EDIT:
Quote:
Zelda!!! You're safe! I was so worried. Why did you come alone to such
a dangerous place?
This is like 10 seconds before she introduces herself. The player DEFINITELY knows who she is.
Last Edited by theunabletable; 12-31-2008 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2009, 12:02 AM
I want damage reports!
Send a message via Skype™ to Keaton-King
Steam ID: Keaton-King 3DS ID: 4098-4674-3297

View Posts: 4,261

-----/TWW/PH - LoZ/AoL - OoX - TMC - FS/FSA - ALttP/LA
OoT
-----\MM - TP/LCT

Other:
- In OoT, after the MS went glowing, it used up all of it's power, which was revived in TWW.
- In ALttP, Link Upgraded the MS, so ALttP must be the last in the timeline that uses MS.
- The Link from ALttP and LA are the same, because Nightmare copies bosses ALttP Link have encountered.
- The LoZ Link and the AoL Link are the same, why else would Ganon's minions need Link's blood to revive their lord?

Zelda Games Beaten: LoZ AoL ALttP LA OoT MM OoS OoA FS FSA TWW TP PH ST SS ALbW
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2009, 12:09 AM
(◕‿◕✿)

Where is your AoL BS?
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Theorist of two sides
View Posts: 8,038

Quote:
Umm, no Pinecove.
Firstly, Midna doesn't have the ToW, she used the Fused Shadow.
Uh...Zelda gave Midna the ToW remember?

Quote:
Secondly, it is CLEAR that the bond between Zant and Ganondorf is broken by the Neck snap. Not when Midna killed him.
The point of their bond, as Zant even states, is that his God will revive him. And thats what he expected, until he saw that Ganondorf was a fraud. So in Ganondorf's moment of weakness he took the ToP, and severed their bond.
When did he see Ganondorf as a fraud? When and where?

Quote:
Your kidding me. Seriously, watch the ending again. Ganondorf shows absolute contempt for the Twili, he thought they were worthless. He will never shown a sign of regret, its not in his character. Watch the scene again, please, before continuing down the tangent that you are trying to display.
Done.

No the neck snap is to make things look cool. Ganondorf CLEARLY shows regret for Zant.

Quote:
To make it clear, Midna did not destroy the bond. Period. She only destroyed Zant's body, he still remains as a spirit awaiting revival

Done. However she did do something out of the ordanary. Not sure what yet.

Quote:
The Mask Salesman was robbed in the gap between Termina and Hyrule/the real world. He was obviously returning to Hyrule, or travelling somewhere other than Termina.
Also, he doesn't just give out masks of power. I would like an example of that please.
Location: It seems he was robbed in the lost woods judging by the text dump.

Masks of power: Look on the moon in MM

Quote:
The Skull Kid could not have put all those Majora symbols around Termina in the short amount of time after he got the mask. It's not possible. What about the design of Stone Tower? There is a giant structure that, when the level is flipped, looks exactly like the mask.
Have you ever heard of the quantam time paradox?

Quote:
it's not touched. Link walks into the center of the room, then is teleported off after the triforce says "accept our quest, hero." This implies he has already done something heroic.
Doesn't the Triforce say like "Oh chosen hero"? not just Hero?

Quote:
Lex, once you showed the quote about the origin of the hood,
Origin of the hood...****! *Switches placment aswell*

Quote:
Also, is that all there is to the two G&W games?
Pretty much.

Also for future reference only one is a G&W. The other is literally a game watch.

Quote:
- In OoT, after the MS went glowing, it used up all of it's power, which was revived in TWW.
Um...the MS in TWW lost it's power because the sages stoped praying for it because they were killed... I thought that was common knowledge.

On a completely unrelatedsidenote: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Best Theorist Fall 2007, Summer 2011 ; Most Devoted Theorist Summer 2010, Winter 2011, Summer 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv
You see, Pine, you and I - we're the superheroes of ZU.
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2009, 12:36 AM
Spiral Theorist

Quote:
This is like 10 seconds before she introduces herself. The player DEFINITELY knows who she is.
Alright, I'll give the introduction to you. This is where I hope the eventual translations will help my side, but they are not here yet.

I however would like you to explain the mark, even though it does not match up with either of the known ways of obtaining it. It is never explained why he got it in game. Also why does the triforce call him a hero? Even in other games, Link is not referred to as a hero before doing anything heroic.

#30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2009, 12:41 AM
Theorist of two sides

Quote:
I however would like you to explain the mark, even though it does not match up with either of the known ways of obtaining it. It is never explained why he got it in game. Also why does the triforce call him a hero? Even in other games, Link is not referred to as a hero before doing anything heroic.
a "Chosen Hero" Skylark. Not a hero.

The mark could simply be because he was infact...I dunno maybe...CHOSEN!

Best Theorist Fall 2007, Summer 2011 ; Most Devoted Theorist Summer 2010, Winter 2011, Summer 2011

Quote:
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2009, 12:44 AM
Spiral Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecove View Post
a "Chosen Hero" Skylark. Not a hero.

The mark could simply be because he was infact...I dunno maybe...CHOSEN!
From the oOS text dump
Quote:
Originally Posted by triforce
Accept our quest, hero!

edit: Triforce of the gods made a comment in the ZU theorist group. He said the zelda introduction scene has been translated, but the site is down. he also said the author notes calimed it was a "first meeting." If that is true, then there are two options.
1) I'm wrong
2) it's a different zelda, as they all have the same name.

1 is more likely. However, I would still like to see these for myself before I admit defeat. The one thing that allowed me to believe this was the vagueness of the American version.

Last Edited by Skylark; 01-01-2009 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2009, 12:47 AM
(◕‿◕✿)

Because everything he did had something to do with destiny and such he was going to become a hero. I mean what kind of inspiration would it be if the triforce said: "Now go accept our quest, you lousy no good moronic idiot."
I think the mark is exactly what Impa says it is. Because he is destined to bring peace back to hyrule. There is nothing to suggest otherwise.
There are only 2 instances in the entire series where he has the mark but doesn't actually have the triforce.
Last Edited by theunabletable; 01-01-2009 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2009, 12:48 AM
Spiral Theorist

Quote:
Because everything he did had something to do with destiny and such he was going to become a hero. I mean what kind of inspiration would it be if the triforce said: "Now go accept our quest, you lousy no good moronic idiot."
They could have placed "chosen" or something in front of it : /

but I'm probably wrong if what ToTG said about the translations are true.

#34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2009, 12:50 AM
(◕‿◕✿)

Why place chosen in front of it when he is said several times to have been chosen.
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2009, 12:52 AM
Spiral Theorist

because triforce's words > others.

#36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2009, 12:52 AM
Theorist of two sides

..er exactly.

ONLY THE VAGUNESS OF BAD TRANSLATION KET YOU ALIVE SKYLARK AND NOW IT HAS SPELLED YOUR DOOM!

Sorry...to much champagne

Quote:
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2009, 12:55 AM
Spiral Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecove View Post
..er exactly.

ONLY THE VAGUNESS OF BAD TRANSLATION KET YOU ALIVE SKYLARK AND NOW IT HAS SPELLED YOUR DOOM!

Sorry...to much champagne
honestly, I believe the mark to be an very important factor. However, people used the zelda quote to debate against it. Before I could say. Yes, she did introduce herself, but at the same time she knew who Link was. making it a neutral issue. If the Japanese claims they have never met, then I will change my beliefs accordingly. Unlike a few others around here. I don't argue against facts.

#38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2009, 12:57 AM
(◕‿◕✿)

Oh in case you didn't see this edit.
I think the mark is exactly what Impa says it is. Because he is destined to bring peace back to hyrule. There is nothing to suggest otherwise.
What do the japanese translations say?
Oh and jw but who are you referring to with
Quote:
If the Japanese claims they have never met, then I will change my beliefs accordingly. Unlike a few others around here. I don't argue against facts.
?
Last Edited by theunabletable; 01-01-2009 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2009, 12:57 AM
Theorist of two sides

...wha? Skylark don't be modest =p

Quote:
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2009, 01:07 AM
Spiral Theorist

Quote:
Oh in case you didn't see this edit.
What do the japanese translations say?
Oh and jw but who are you referring to with ?
Bringing peace to hyrule is not a cause.

I do not know what they say yet. They are on ZI and the site is down.

You know, a few people. No one important

Tags
brawl, bros, super, theorizing