#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Mexicuter
3DS ID: 0748-3331-3394
View Posts: 5,713
The "Great King" and the hiding of the ToC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecove View Post
Not nessasarily. The first Zelda could refer to the first Zelda of new Hyrule.

The first Zelda could have been named Zelda for a multitude of reasons.
Royal orders dude, and all because the sleeping princess zelda.

Princess zelda from AOL backstory(a.k.a princess zelda from ALTTP) is the 1st princess zelda in the classic/old chronology.

For example all the zeldas in the Modern chronology have that name because a royal tradition,not because the sleeping princess zelda legend. Is just because the first princess of hyrule was named Zelda.In the modern chronology the sleeeping princess zelda dont exist.
TP princess zelda inheredit the name from OOT princess zelda, and WW tetra became princess zelda in the same way.
Last Edited by Smallville Boy 69; 11-16-2008 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-17-2008, 01:55 AM
theunabletable theunabletable is a male United States theunabletable is offline
(◕‿◕✿)
Send a message via AIM to theunabletable
3DS ID: 3050-7697-1416
View Posts: 4,438
Re: The "Great King" and the hiding of the ToC

Quote:
The BS specifies that the king have/Owns the enteire triforce,then hidde the ToC in the great palace and leave in the kingdome the ToW and ToP.
The king and the person who hid the ToC are not nessesarily the same person.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-17-2008, 04:58 AM
Hyrule defend itself? HAHAHAHA!
View Posts: 4,595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign of Madness
The king and the person who hid the ToC are not nessesarily the same person.
Isn't it directly stated (or otherwise hinted) that the King of Hyrule in AOL hid the Triforce of Courage?

Anyway, considering the context, the AOL king probably ruled with the entire Triforce, and the OOT king was probably killed by Ganondorf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcvalons
Vaati is the oldest villain in the Zelda chronology, and the oldest are always the most powerful.
Man, I've disproved this point every time I've dropped by the old folk's home.

I... I'm not allowed there any more.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-17-2008, 11:27 AM
theunabletable theunabletable is a male United States theunabletable is offline
(◕‿◕✿)
Send a message via AIM to theunabletable
3DS ID: 3050-7697-1416
View Posts: 4,438

Quote:
Long ago, when Hyrule was still one country, a great King was said to have used the Triforce to maintain order in Hyrule.
It says the triforce. Which I think implies the full triforce. There are times though when Triforce is mentioned and refers to only one piece.
Also I think it is implied that the prince interogated Zelda over the hidden ToC. But it never actually states that the king and the person who hid the ToC are the same person.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Gamer View Post
Isn't it directly stated (or otherwise hinted) that the King of Hyrule in AOL hid the Triforce of Courage?
Never. Some unidentified person did.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Mexicuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lexxi Aileron View Post
Never. Some unidentified person did.
The king of hyrule did.

You should learn to read my dear friend.

GAME OVER
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Fabulous

Please tell me where in that page it says the king of Hyrule hid the Triforce of Courage.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Mexicuter

are you serious?

The king rule hyrule using the Triforce(enteire triforce), he have a child,but the prince could inheredit the triforce only in a part(only one piece), and he search everywhere for the missing parts.(ToC &ToW)
The king have the enteire triforce,hidde the ToC in the great palace and left in the kingdome the ToW and ToP.

Dude you really need to play again AOL and read the entiere backstory.
Last Edited by Smallville Boy 69; 11-17-2008 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Fabulous

I'm guessing you're referring to this line?

"Long ago, when Hyrule was still one country, a great King was said to have used the Triforce to maintain order in Hyrule."

Now, I suppose you're reading "used the Triforce" as "used the whole Triforce." But that's an assumption on your part. OoT says that Ganondorf "obtained the Triforce" from the Temple of Light and "with the Triforce's power" transformed Hyrule into a world of darkness. So clearly Ganondorf "used the Triforce" to take over Hyrule, just as the king of Hyrule "used the Triforce" to maintain order in Hyrule.

So you have no compelling evidence that the king of Hyrule possessed all three parts of the Triforce to begin with.

Also, your reference to missing parts is the result of an error on Nintendo of America's part when translating the AoL manual.

The line reads, in Japanese,

「王子はそのたりないものを求めて、ありとあらゆる所を捜したが、なかなかみつからなかたった 。」

which translates to,

"The prince sought for what he did not have, and searched everywhere, but he couldn't seem to find it."

The implication that the two missing Triforces were "what he did not have" was introduced by Nintendo of America and is not present in the Japanese script, which only says that the prince lacks "what he did not have."

Also, the scroll never specifies who wrote it, not in the English script and not in the Japanese, thus the identity of the person who hid the Triforce of Courage is a mystery. Since the game never specifies what part(s) of the Triforce were inherited by the prince, it could just as well have been the prince who hid it.*

*The scroll actually never specifies that its writer even had the full Triforce. In the NoA translation it reads, "I have left Power and Wisdom in the kingdom," but the Japanese only says that Power and Wisdom remain in the kingdom, without the implication that the writer ever possessed them.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Mexicuter

Obviosly the prince dont hidde the triforce of courage in the great palace, the king did.
The prince was try to rescue her sister after the sleep spelling, he dont know where is the ToC, he never find the ToC.
You only try to change the meaning of the AOL BS to your own, but you cant, the AOL backstosy is clear, please dont make fan fics.
Last Edited by Smallville Boy 69; 11-17-2008 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Fabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville boy View Post
Obviosly the prince dont hidde the triforce of courage in the great palace, the king did.
That's nice. Quote?

Quote:
The prince was try to rescue her sister after the sleep spelling, he dont know where is the ToC, he never find the ToC.
What piece did the prince have, then?
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Mexicuter

Quote:

What piece did the prince have, then?
He can have ToP or ToW, but i say ToP because in LOZ princess zelda have ToW and ganondorf steal ToP from the kingdom, I think that the original sleeping princess zelda take care of the ToW,and after that all the princess zeldas inheredit and take care of the ToW.
Last Edited by Smallville Boy 69; 11-17-2008 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Fabulous

Quote:
He can have ToP or ToW
Quote? What keeps him from having the Triforce of Courage?
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-17-2008, 08:46 PM
Mexicuter

Quote:
Quote? What keeps him from having the Triforce of Courage?
ToC was hidde in the great palace. In the kingdom only remains ToW and ToP.

The prince want to collect all the triforce, He dont know where the ToC is hidded, and dont know where the princess zelda have the other piece.

Mr. Lexxi what's your age? seriously.
Last Edited by Smallville Boy 69; 11-17-2008 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-17-2008, 09:20 PM
Triforce of the Gods Triforce of the Gods is a male United States Triforce of the Gods is offline
OBJECTION!
Send a message via AIM to Triforce of the Gods Send a message via Skype™ to Triforce of the Gods
Steam ID: triforceofthegods Wii U ID: TriforceoftheGod 3DS ID: 2921-9263-7348

View Posts: 9,157

Quote:
Mr. Lexxi what's your age? seriously.
We should be asking you that. How many times do we have to tell you that NoA got the manuel WRONG before it gets through your thick skull?
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Mexicuter

Dude you and mr. lexx only try to change the AOL BS to your own, only to try fix your mistakes and flaws in your chronologies, but you cant, the AOL BS is very clear, please keep clean the legend of zelda from your ridicuolus fan fics.
Im tired about your fan fics. really.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Hylian
Send a message via Skype™ to Μαtt

View Posts: 604

Changing the AoL BS?

I smell fanon.

Leader of the Atheists Alliance

#18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Triforce of the Gods Triforce of the Gods is a male United States Triforce of the Gods is offline
OBJECTION!
Send a message via AIM to Triforce of the Gods Send a message via Skype™ to Triforce of the Gods
Steam ID: triforceofthegods Wii U ID: TriforceoftheGod 3DS ID: 2921-9263-7348

View Posts: 9,157

Quote:
Dude you and mr. lexx only try to change the AOL BS to your own, only to try fix your mistakes and flaws in your chronologies, but you cant, the AOL BS is very clear, please keep clean the legend of zelda from your ridicuolus fan fics.
Im tired about your fan fics. really.
Your the only one with fanfics here. We didn't change diddly-****. NoA did, so we're using the original Japanese. Last time I checked Zelda was a Japanese game, not an American game.

I'm tired of all your bull**** and you thinking your one of the great theorists here. You never revise theories when facts against you are slapped in your face and you'll never be a good theorist until you do. It's theorizing 101.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-18-2008, 12:43 AM
Fabulous

Quote:
ToC was hidde in the great palace. In the kingdom only remains ToW and ToP.
As of the time of AoL, which admittedly is long after Princess Zelda was put to sleep.

As far as the manual says, however, the prince could have inherited any part(s) of the Triforce, and Princess Zelda is never indicated to have anything. You're basing the idea that the prince has the Triforce of Power off of the scroll, which is admittedly a fine assumption, but since AoL's release other games, namely TWW, have given a different picture of what happened to the Triforce during the time of the first Princess Zelda.

Quote:
The prince want to collect all the triforce, He dont know where the ToC is hidded, and dont know where the princess zelda have the other piece.
The prince wants to find whatever of the Triforce he does not have, and he hears princess Zelda knows something about the Triforce. Neither of these things, his Triforce nor the secret Zelda knows, is ever specified or explained. You are speaking as if both are, and in error, I might add. The story is much more open-ended than you're making it out to be, and given the gravity of the Sleeping Zelda story--the origin of the name Zelda--it should be open-ended to account for possible prequels.

Quote:
Dude you and mr. lexx only try to change the AOL BS to your own, only to try fix your mistakes and flaws in your chronologies
Incorrect; I based my chronology entirely on the AoL backstory in its original unadulterated form. Without the assumptions imposed by NoA, and with the original source material underlining the significance of Zelda as the very first, it was much easier to place the Sleeping Zelda story in a chronology. I did not alter the AoL backstory after the fact as you seem to claim--the backstory spawned the chronology.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-18-2008, 04:11 AM
Hyrule defend itself? HAHAHAHA!
View Posts: 4,595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lexxi Aileron
OoT says that Ganondorf "obtained the Triforce" from the Temple of Light and "with the Triforce's power" transformed Hyrule into a world of darkness. So clearly Ganondorf "used the Triforce" to take over Hyrule, just as the king of Hyrule "used the Triforce" to maintain order in Hyrule.
Lex, in OOT Rauru was likely under the assumption that Ganondorf had the entire Triforce. A major plot twist revealed near the end of the game is that the Triforce had split after all. Also, seeing as how AoL was supposed to introduce backstory on the whole Triforce, Nintendo probably intended for the AoL king to have the entire thing.

Quote:
Also, the scroll never specifies who wrote it, not in the English script and not in the Japanese, thus the identity of the person who hid the Triforce of Courage is a mystery.
Seeing as how AoL sets the king up to have the entire Triforce, he was likely the one who hid the ToC, and the Prince probably questioned his sister about that subject.

Quote:
the Japanese only says that Power and Wisdom remain in the kingdom, without the implication that the writer ever possessed them.
However, if power and wisdom remain in the kingdom, it kind of goes without saying that someone left them there while courage is absent. Thus, somebody had to have left power and wisdom while presumably hiding courage, meaning that they had all three at one point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcvalons
Vaati is the oldest villain in the Zelda chronology, and the oldest are always the most powerful.
Man, I've disproved this point every time I've dropped by the old folk's home.

I... I'm not allowed there any more.
Last Edited by Average Gamer; 11-18-2008 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote

Tags
great king, hiding, toc