#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,981
Re: Help me... Splitting headache...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sheikah View Post
He did break them.... He could have done it from the very start. Why would he even be captured if he had the ToP?
Because the sages caught him off-guard; the game itself says this, so we know it to be true. They cite this as the reason they were able to capture him. If he does not have the Triforce of Power, they should be able to capture him with little difficulty and not need to ambush him.

Quote:
That's just stupid, in that case it is smarter to assume the ToP was given to him in that instant. How the hell could he learn it's power in that situation? It makes more sense to assume he got it there. Hence the name "Divine Prank".
For the 1231738916th time: "divine prank" is a figure of speech used to refer to an unfortunate circumstance, in this case, the fact that Ganondorf survived a would-be death wound. They "overestimated their ability" to destroy him; because he has the Triforce of Power, they cannot kill hm. If he did not have the Triforce of Power, there is no overestimation of their ability; he was saved by an act of the gods, and their foolishness does not play a part as their ability to destroy him did exist but was merely circumvented.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Does anyone even read these?
View Posts: 813

Quote:
He doesn't know there are other parts; that is certain. He thinks he has received the full power of the gods, whereas in OoT he was unable to gain full mastery of the world even after he conquered both the Sacred Realm and Hyrule. In the Child Timeline he is captured and has no chance to come upon this revelation.
This is the only part of your theory I dissagree with Lex. I think he knew he didn't have the whole tri-force but after being essentially ressurected from the dead by the ToP he decided that one piece was enough.
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Theorist of two sides
View Posts: 8,038

Quote:
This is the only part of your theory I dissagree with Lex. I think he knew he didn't have the whole tri-force but after being essentially ressurected from the dead by the ToP he decided that one piece was enough.
1. Ganondorf was never resurected in TP.

2. He doesn seem to notice partway through the game that he only have part of the triforce, but his goal in TP isn't to get the Triforce and make a wish to rule Hyrule. His goal is domonation.

Best Theorist Fall 2007, Summer 2011 ; Most Devoted Theorist Summer 2010, Winter 2011, Summer 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv
You see, Pine, you and I - we're the superheroes of ZU.
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecove View Post
1. Ganondorf was never resurected in TP.
I'm talking about after he was stabbed in the execution scene. That can technically be considered a ressurection.

Quote:
2. He doesn seem to notice partway through the game that he only have part of the triforce, but his goal in TP isn't to get the Triforce and make a wish to rule Hyrule. His goal is domonation.
Do you mean does or doesn't? It's hard to tell.
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Spiral Theorist
Send a message via AIM to Skylark
View Posts: 2,128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lexxi Aileron View Post
Nay, sir; he returns in the same way he does every time, so after the Bottom of the Well and Spirit Temple incidents, at least days but more probably weeks or months later (given the assumption that Hyrule is in fact the size of a reasonably-sized kingdom, which would take a long time to cross).
So Ganondorf was in the SR for months? I doubt it. As the triforce rested in the temple of light, which is connected to the ToT. It wouldn't take that long to get to the triforce and leave.

If zelda returned to the castle, she would have to escape a 2nd time when the castle is destroyed, then become shiek. It was implied that she went into hiding after she tossed Link the Ocarina.

Quote:
He doesn't know there are other parts; that is certain. He thinks he has received the full power of the gods, whereas in OoT he was unable to gain full mastery of the world even after he conquered both the Sacred Realm and Hyrule. In the Child Timeline he is captured and has no chance to come upon this revelation.
He should know there are other parts if he touched the triforce. In OoT he said he was looking for the other two bearers since he had only received his one piece.
If he touched it, he would know.
Even if we were to be enslaved in the galaxy's cycle of rebirth, the feelings that were left behind will open the door! Even if the infinite universe were to go against us, our burning blood will cut through fate! We'll break through heavens and dimensions! We'll show you our path through force! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!?

Hmm, The official timeline reminds me alot of my original theory. The Rejected Hero of Time.

#26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Theorist of two sides

Quote:
I'm talking about after he was stabbed in the execution scene. That can technically be considered a ressurection.
Touche.

Quote:
Do you mean does or doesn't? It's hard to tell
mm? Oh sorry. I sometimes do that. Let me rephrase myself...

He does seem to notice partway through the game that he only has part of the triforce, but his goal in TP isn't to get the Triforce and make a wish to rule Hyrule. His goal is domonation.

Best Theorist Fall 2007, Summer 2011 ; Most Devoted Theorist Summer 2010, Winter 2011, Summer 2011

Quote:
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Used to be "The Sheikah" user
View Posts: 2,549

Quote:
Because the sages caught him off-guard; the game itself says this, so we know it to be true. They cite this as the reason they were able to capture him. If he does not have the Triforce of Power, they should be able to capture him with little difficulty and not need to ambush him.
Yes they caught him off guard because he was a mere mortal, then he was moved to the execution chamber and the sages spoke alot. He could have escaped easily. The only reason he was caught is because he did not have the ToP. The instant he gets it is when he escapes. It is not a coincidence it flashes like that in that moment.

Quote:
For the 1231738916th time: "divine prank" is a figure of speech used to refer to an unfortunate circumstance, in this case, the fact that Ganondorf survived a would-be death wound. They "overestimated their ability" to destroy him; because he has the Triforce of Power, they cannot kill hm. If he did not have the Triforce of Power, there is no overestimation of their ability; he was saved by an act of the gods, and their foolishness does not play a part as their ability to destroy him did exist but was merely circumvented.
Now why the hell would ganon allow the sages to stab him? He would not, he is not stupid. He was helpless because he did not have the ToP. It was a big ass wound that stayed with him. The goddesses granted him the triforce right after he was stabbed.

Ganon knew about the other pieces in TP.
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Theorist of two sides

Quote:
The only reason he was caught is because he did not have the ToP. The instant he gets it is when he escapes. It is not a coincidence it flashes like that in that moment.
Half credit.

Ganondorf has the Triforce of power but it's powere isn't activated untill he's on the verge of death.

Quote:
Not untill after he killed that sage...

Quote:
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecove View Post
Touche.
I love that word.

Quote:
mm? Oh sorry. I sometimes do that. Let me rephrase myself...

He does seem to notice partway through the game that he only has part of the triforce, but his goal in TP isn't to get the Triforce and make a wish to rule Hyrule. His goal is domonation.
Yeah that's basically what I was getting at. He doesn't care about the other two pieces because he thinks the ToP is enough.
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Yes they caught him off guard because he was a mere mortal, then he was moved to the execution chamber and the sages spoke alot. He could have escaped easily. The only reason he was caught is because he did not have the ToP. The instant he gets it is when he escapes. It is not a coincidence it flashes like that in that moment.

Quote:
Now why the hell would ganon allow the sages to stab him? He would not, he is not stupid. He was helpless because he did not have the ToP. It was a big ass wound that stayed with him. The goddesses granted him the triforce right after he was stabbed.
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2008, 04:15 PM

Patience is a virtue Shiekah. Wait for Lex as it is his theory and therefore he is more qualified to talk about it than me.
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Theorist of two sides

Quote:
Yeah that's basically what I was getting at. He doesn't care about the other two pieces because he thinks the ToP is enough.
Exactly. Case closed.

Quote:
Not untill he killed the water sage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Not untill he killed the water sage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sure....why not.
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Spiral Theorist

Pinecove, can you explain what the water sage dying has to do with it? I'm kind of lost on your point.
Even if we were to be enslaved in the galaxy's cycle of rebirth, the feelings that were left behind will open the door! Even if the infinite universe were to go against us, our burning blood will cut through fate! We'll break through heavens and dimensions! We'll show you our path through force! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!?

Hmm, The official timeline reminds me alot of my original theory. The Rejected Hero of Time.

#35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Theorist of two sides

Quote:
Pinecove, can you explain what the water sage dying has to do with it? I'm kind of lost on your point.
Sorry.

Ganondorf doesn't notice he only has one part of the Triforce untill after the whole attempted exocution.

Quote:
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2008, 04:32 PM

I think he means that when ganon obtains the ToP, he can see two marks are missing in his hand.
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Spiral Theorist

I don't think he ever really realizes it. As he doesn't know it can split.

#38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2008, 04:39 PM

He does know.

1- He can see in the back of his hand that the there are two missing pieces to his triforce.
2- Before the final battle with ganon in TP, he says something about not only he has been blessed by the gods, when he says this he immediately turns his head to look at zelda. Knowing she has the ToC.
4-He kidnaps Zelda, he has no reason to do this unless he knew she had something.
3-He is unaware link has the ToC,but he knows it exists.
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Theorist of two sides

Quote:
1- He can see in the back of his hand that the there are two missing pieces to his triforce.
2- Before the final battle with ganon in TP, he says something about not only he has been blessed by the gods, when he says this he immediately turns his head to look at zelda. Knowing she has the ToC.
4-He kidnaps Zelda, he has no reason to do this unless he knew she had something.
3-He is unaware link has the ToC,but he knows it exists.
1243? Very origanal order sheikah.

1. Touche.
2. You mean the ToW.
3. Or totall domonation. If the queen of england were to be kidnapped the whole of great Britan would be thrown into chaos. same with Zelda and Hyrule.
4. Exactly.

I stress though that Ganondorf has no objectives in TP to get the Triforce.

Quote:
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2008, 04:58 PM

Ooops sorry about the numbers.

2-Yeah, sorry again.
3- Zant had already invaded the castle, why would he grab the soul-less princess if it was not for the ToW? We already defined she has it.

Tags
fault, headache, split, splitting, timeline