Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Used to be "The Sheikah" user
View Posts: 2,549
Re: Origins of the Dead Hand

I don't think the dead hand is the man, simply because there is another dead hand in the shadow temple. Them being two of them simply makes it another enemy. But all the artifacts under the well do look like torture devices, so you got that right.

My theory is this: Bongo bongo is the man who could see the truth.
It is true he was most probably a sheikah but he might have gone crazy trying to decipher the mechanics of the lens of truth and did various experiments involving living people in his hidden dungeon(known as the well later on). When the other villagers found out about this they cut his head off.This makes sense because bongo bongo resembles a headless man. After this his house was burned and the well was made in its place. Maybe the man had indeed discovered the magic behind the lens and became some sort of evil creature. It is also to be noted that there is an eye that resembles the eye in the lens of truth in bongo bongos neck. This lead me to believe that it is obvious that the lens of truth and the mask of truth are both based on the "eye of truth", which bongo bongo possesses in his neck.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Denget Zathari Denget Zathari is a male United States Denget Zathari is offline
View Posts: 686

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Hrule View Post
I don't think the dead hand is the man, simply because there is another dead hand in the shadow temple. Them being two of them simply makes it another enemy. But all the artifacts under the well do look like torture devices, so you got that right.

My theory is this: Bongo bongo is the man who could see the truth.
It is true he was most probably a sheikah but he might have gone crazy trying to decipher the mechanics of the lens of truth and did various experiments involving living people in his hidden dungeon(known as the well later on). When the other villagers found out about this they cut his head off.This makes sense because bongo bongo resembles a headless man. After this his house was burned and the well was made in its place. Maybe the man had indeed discovered the magic behind the lens and became some sort of evil creature. It is also to be noted that there is an eye that resembles the eye in the lens of truth in bongo bongos neck. This lead me to believe that it is obvious that the lens of truth and the mask of truth are both based on the "eye of truth", which bongo bongo possesses in his neck.

well that makes more sense. but didnt sheik say something about impa sealing bongo bongo inside the well. and if bongo bongo escaped in the adult link world would he still be inside the well when young link goes down inside of it?
Join Us!
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-17-2008, 03:41 PM

Good point Michael. It is true that bongo bongo is inside the well in young link's time, but he is said to be sealed int here, the game isn't very specific about this but the only reasonable explanation I can think of is that he is in a state of slumber or in another unexplored section of the well. The reason of his sudden escape is believed to be because of ganondorf releasing him, as is his nature. He also revived volvagia in a similar fashion.
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Denget Zathari Denget Zathari is a male United States Denget Zathari is offline
View Posts: 686

well thats what i figured he escaped. well yeah i guess that makes sense.
Join Us!
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Mexicuter
View Posts: 5,639

The two dead hands(hand in the well and hand in the shadow temple) represents/are the Bongo bongo cuted Hands.

Few things satisfy like a puzzle solved!
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-17-2008, 06:43 PM
The Swagtagonist
Send a message via Skype™ to Fizz
View Posts: 489

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville boy View Post
The two dead hands(hand in the well and hand in the shadow temple) represents/are the Bongo bongo cuted Hands.
But the Dead Hand monsters are undead creatures with many arms/hands coming out of the ground. They don't look like Bongo Bongo's hands at all.
Never forget..."

In memory of Axiomist.
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-17-2008, 06:51 PM

That makes no sense apart from the "dead hand" name....
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Mexicuter
View Posts: 5,639

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
But the Dead Hand monsters are undead creatures with many arms/hands coming out of the ground. They don't look like Bongo Bongo's hands at all.
oh! sorry, when i see "dead hand" i figured a enemy like the wall master.

Now i remmember that enemy:

We have two "dead hand" enemies(one in the well and one in the shadow temple) 4 that dead hand cant be the old man who live in the well.
Dead hand is only a normal enemy like others enemies.

And the shadow temple principal porpous is to be the home of the ancient shadow sage.

Few things satisfy like a puzzle solved!
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-18-2008, 08:58 AM
Missing Inaction Missing Inaction is a male United States Missing Inaction is offline
a theorist of a different color
View Posts: 1,863

Ooooohhhhhhh.

I thought the same thing as smallville. I remember those guys now. They were kind of a pain.

Well, now that I know what we're talking about, my opinion has changed. I don't think those guys have anything to do with being tortured or undead. They're just monsters. The hands coming up out of the ground seem to be coming from them, so I don't think they're disembodied or anything.
I Corinthians 10:31
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-19-2008, 04:13 AM
Busy bee
Steam ID: EternaLegendEL

View Posts: 17,557

I'm not sure what to think about this theory... It really is good I must say.

I had a thought at some stage to think that the dead hand was the owner of the house that stood where the well is now. It just seem to fit in when he also guarded the eyes of truth in the treasure test as you fought him.

I'm pretty sure that it might be him. Perhaps the other one in the Shadow Temple was a clone of him made by none other that Ganondorf perhaps?
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-19-2008, 06:28 AM
Goron
View Posts: 276

I always thought that the guy who fell down the well or whatever became Bongo Bongo.

"You need to pull the Master Sword out of the Pedestal of Time by opening the Door of Time in the Temple of Time with the Song of Time after you get the Ocarina of Time and talk to the Sage of Time in 'Ocarina of Time'."

#32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-19-2008, 06:43 AM
Busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pic View Post
I always thought that the guy who fell down the well or whatever became Bongo Bongo.
^ If I can remember anything from OoT, I don't think that there was a person that fell down the well at all. There was a story that the old man mentioned about a man who once lived lived where the well stands who had the eye that they said could see the very truth without being a Shiekah or anything.
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-19-2008, 04:03 PM
As in doormat.
View Posts: 659

heres something to think about

perhaps this man (who many belive is bongo bongo) was a sheikah, who tried unlocking the mysteries of the lens of truth. in the proccess, he went mad and killed many people. as a consequence, the sheikah executed him, cutting off his hands and head. i beileve this because when you fight bongo bongo, his hands are severed and he apperes to have no head. however, after excecuting him, the sheikah added the teardrop to the bottom of their symbol, a sign of how sad it was that they were forced to kill one of their own.

I have adopted both Shinobi TZ and twilight_princess98.
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-19-2008, 04:15 PM

You just said everything I said earlier....

And the tear on the Sheikah symbol came from a treason against them.
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Goron
View Posts: 247

This is so complex..... but isnt it possible that when Bongo Bongo was released, the Dead hand somehow managed to make its way to the shadow temple? Or perhaphs, seeing as the shadow temple was built to store all the dark secrets and darkest moments in history of hyrule, the dead hand, being somewhat an embodiment of evil itself, somehow ended up there... I dont know, its just too much to think about really...
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-19-2008, 05:39 PM
View Posts: n/a

Well, one thing known for sure, whoever became Bongo Bongo who is most likely to be the man who lived where the well stands really like to plays his Bongos. Haha. Perhaps he is a Sheikah or something or had involvement with the lens of truth. Perhaps he was a man who did experiments on Sheikahs and maybe was jealous of there powers and wanted it also. So he captured Sheikah and killed them and took their eyes (this sounds stupid) and made the lens of truth out of it or something. Eventually it was found and his head and hands were cut off but his hands still live on to play the bongos. The eye in his neck is possibly from Sheikahs' eyes to have his own. Since many Sheikah were killed in the process not many are around. Bad theory, I know...
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Goron
View Posts: 247

Hehe, lol. This is Zelda, not some kind of cheap hororr movie or thriller man...
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Love yourself.

View Posts: 9,295

this is unrelated, but here goes.

i love how people can come up with theories like this, and the ones with all the evidence are amazing. just think, the amount of theories on this forum, if the creators of zelda really DID put this much depth into their characters, it's no wonder they take so long making games.

anyway, your theory seems plausible that thign is creepy lol

#39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Busy bee

All that we know is that the Shadow Temple was specially built for the bloody and hatred that lived within Hyrule's past. And also for the fact that it is guarded by the Shiekah.

I am also starting to become confused here. If Bongo Bongo was truly born as a man in the past and to be driven into a world of his own insanity, then how on earth did he become such a massive and horrible beast? My personal opinion is that Bongo Bongo may have nothing to do much with Hyrule's past and for the existence of the Lens of Truth. Bongo Bongo might be the intense negative force of Hyrule that combines into a form that makes up who it is. Just a thought really, but I highly doubt that Bongo Bongo is the man that made the eye of truth.

When you are an adult, there is an old man dressed in a blue cloak that walks slowly next to the house of the Skultula family. If you speak to him, he speaks of the old story of the man that had the eye of truth and that his house stood where the well is now. I don't know whether the story may have happened in his lifetime or is perhaps a mere legend of the Kakariko village. But I presume that the man had some sort of connection to the Shiekah that he did build the eye of truth.

It is a very tough and interesting theory, but I believe that Bongo Bongo might just be a form of Hyrule's hatred and not the man as we all know it.
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-19-2008, 08:47 PM
View Posts: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalam View Post
Hehe, lol. This is Zelda, not some kind of cheap hororr movie or thriller man...
Haha, yeah. I know, that was stupid of me. I like to imagine things like that. How stupid of me to make such a theory.
Closed Thread

Tags
dead, hand, origins