Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Hombre de Mundo Sweden Hombre de Mundo is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to Hombre de Mundo
Steam ID: Hombre_de_Mundo



Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: EL's mind
View Posts: 13,644
Re: Gerudo?! Zant?!

^ WHat's this? Another spam post on this forum? WHAT A SURPRISE.

Kay, sorry for the bad wit there, but really. That's unnecessary.




But why do we have - like - three threads on things that twili people look like?

See, here's the thing, designs in Zelda re-appear. I remember way back when, some people were like "OMG!! Vaati is the bad guy in TP!"

And how did they come to that conclusion? Well, take a look at the shield of these guys:



Similar to Vaati's eye, yes? Well, did it mean anything? Nope.
__________________
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2008, 12:49 AM
CPW CPW is offline
Tingle Slave
Join Date: Feb 2007
View Posts: 702
Re: Gerudo?! Zant?!

The symbol on his clothing is obviously intended to be an altered Gerudo symbol, but whether that's supposed to mean anything or not is something we just won't know.
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2008, 12:52 AM
Lord Zero Lord Zero is a male Wales Lord Zero is offline
There is no such thing as innocence. Only degrees of guilt.
Steam ID: The Arbitrator
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cymru
View Posts: 9,231
Re: Gerudo?! Zant?!

At best, the Gerudo symbol on his clothing is present because he's a servant of Ganondorf, which would explain why the rest of the patterns are similar.

Also am I the only one who remembers when the Gerudo symbol was basically the Islam symbol inverted? It actually takes me a moment to register that newer symbol now.
__________________

"Even should the heavens fall, let Justice prevail."
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2008, 04:31 AM
Viral Viral is a male Australia Viral is offline
Spirit of Seasons
Send a message via AIM to Viral
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
View Posts: 1,657
Re: Gerudo?! Zant?!

Hmm, I'm not really seeing a connection. the symbols are quite different actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mby:
What's this? Another garbage thread on this forum? WHAT A SURPRISE!
Whats this, a dick-head trashing other peoples ideas because he has nothing better to do with his life?
__________________

Check out ZeldaInformer.

Bombers Articles: (Zelda Theorising)
The Master Sword Exposed (out of date due to SS, some images missing)
The Oocca: Engineers of Hyrule
The Great War of Ikana
The Mysteries of Malladus: The Demon King's Story

I'll be updating some articles and providing new content at Zelda Informer over December/January (2011/2012)

  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2008, 04:37 AM
Super Fergus Super Fergus is a male Ireland Super Fergus is offline
Tit face.
Send a message via AIM to Super Fergus Send a message via Skype™ to Super Fergus
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northern Ireland.
View Posts: 1,293
Re: Gerudo?! Zant?!

Some people think I'm bluntly saying that the Gerudo symbol changed into that.
I am not. There are a million and one fancy ways you could show a Geruod symbol, and that is one of them.

It's the same as if I were to draw crazy patterns within the tri-force.
It'd look different, but it'd still be the triforce.


For the people that are quite short sighted.




Now, I'm as cynical as the next person when it comes to linking Twi's with Gerudos. I found it quite ridiculous myself, but then I saw that, and this was something that couldn't be ignored. There is no way this could be coincidence. You can't get off designing that by mistake.

And eye? You could. So please, enough.

I'm enjoying the theory that it's solely because of Ganon's influence.
Because, for those that are familiar , Twilight = Parallel
Midna is the Parallel of Zelda
Zant is the Parallel of Ganon
Link, Links the worlds together. There is no parallel.

Now, you don't find those symbols or markings on any other Twi.
So that's the best bet. In fact, I'm certain of it.


EDIT: - Notice how it's a maroon/red front motive on him.
This piece of clothing doesn't appear on any other Twi,
This even more so could easily say that him alone put it on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Earth View Post
At best, the Gerudo symbol on his clothing is present because he's a servant of Ganondorf, which would explain why the rest of the patterns are similar.

Also am I the only one who remembers when the Gerudo symbol was basically the Islam symbol inverted? It actually takes me a moment to register that newer symbol now.
Oh really? I didn't know that!
__________________
Last Edited by Super Fergus; 05-16-2008 at 04:44 AM. Reason:
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2008, 06:01 AM
Hank Pym Hank Pym is a male United States Hank Pym is offline
Pym Particle Powered Protector
Send a message via AIM to Hank Pym Send a message via Skype™ to Hank Pym
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Avengers Mansion
View Posts: 1,881
Re: Gerudo?! Zant?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Earth View Post
Also am I the only one who remembers when the Gerudo symbol was basically the Islam symbol inverted? It actually takes me a moment to register that newer symbol now.
You're not the only one. Whether the religious connotation was meant to be there or not (and hell, it's the Japanese, half the sh** they put in their own art is there just to be cool. Judaic crosses in Neon Genesis Evangelion, anyone?), I think that it's stupid that they changed it. I liked that symbol. Seeing the new Gerudo symbol on the Mirror Shield in the Wii Virtual Console port of OoT is making me sad.
__________________


My Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre de Mundo
Doran, your sunday post was worthless and you ruined my Metroid jokes. You're fired.
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2008, 08:35 AM
Lord Zero Lord Zero is a male Wales Lord Zero is offline
There is no such thing as innocence. Only degrees of guilt.
Steam ID: The Arbitrator
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cymru
View Posts: 9,231
Re: Gerudo?! Zant?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aralith View Post
You're not the only one. Whether the religious connotation was meant to be there or not (and hell, it's the Japanese, half the sh** they put in their own art is there just to be cool. Judaic crosses in Neon Genesis Evangelion, anyone?), I think that it's stupid that they changed it. I liked that symbol. Seeing the new Gerudo symbol on the Mirror Shield in the Wii Virtual Console port of OoT is making me sad.
I actually raged when I saw that they changed it, it's like that time people complained about there being a Sikh church in Hitman 2. Well actually it's kinda worse because it could be said that they're implying that Muslims are all female thieves, but seriously.

Also in Evangelion there was a lot of references to Judaism, but that was also there because it looked cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-fergus View Post
Some people think I'm bluntly saying that the Gerudo symbol changed into that.
I am not. There are a million and one fancy ways you could show a Geruod symbol, and that is one of them.

It's the same as if I were to draw crazy patterns within the tri-force.
It'd look different, but it'd still be the triforce.


For the people that are quite short sighted.




Now, I'm as cynical as the next person when it comes to linking Twi's with Gerudos. I found it quite ridiculous myself, but then I saw that, and this was something that couldn't be ignored. There is no way this could be coincidence. You can't get off designing that by mistake.

And eye? You could. So please, enough.

I'm enjoying the theory that it's solely because of Ganon's influence.
Because, for those that are familiar , Twilight = Parallel
Midna is the Parallel of Zelda
Zant is the Parallel of Ganon
Link, Links the worlds together. There is no parallel.

Now, you don't find those symbols or markings on any other Twi.
So that's the best bet. In fact, I'm certain of it.


EDIT: - Notice how it's a maroon/red front motive on him.
This piece of clothing doesn't appear on any other Twi,
This even more so could easily say that him alone put it on.

Yeah, I'm thinking it could just be more that because Ganondorf is ordering him around, Zant is using Gerudo heraldry because of Ganondorf's influence on him (either physically having told him to use it, or Zant subconsciously having used it as a result of Ganon's manipulation). I don't really see a parallel between Midna and Zelda beyond being princesses either, unless you have similar ideas to what you present here.
__________________

"Even should the heavens fall, let Justice prevail."
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2008, 09:18 AM
Super Fergus Super Fergus is a male Ireland Super Fergus is offline
Tit face.
Send a message via AIM to Super Fergus Send a message via Skype™ to Super Fergus
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northern Ireland.
View Posts: 1,293
Re: Gerudo?! Zant?!

Well, before you played the game, what did you assume 'Twilight Princess' was about?
I sure as hell assumed it was about Zelda, and Twilight, at least with the 'Princess' in the title.

Notice how Midna and Tetra's Personalities are very similar,
And both, some how become more serious once they reveal themselves as
Princesses.

There's nothing really to debate about that.
It's basically saying -

Twilight really just means Parallel.
Each world is mirrored, if it wasn't obviously
stated enough with the speeches in TP.

So , I'm just saying, Hyrule mirrored = Twilight World.
And everything in the package I've already mentioned.

Not to mention ( and couldn't be a parallel without! )
The similar circumstances that each world is in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Earth View Post

Yeah, I'm thinking it could just be more that because Ganondorf is ordering him around, Zant is using Gerudo heraldry because of Ganondorf's influence on him (either physically having told him to use it, or Zant subconsciously having used it as a result of Ganon's manipulation). I don't really see a parallel between Midna and Zelda beyond being princesses either, unless you have similar ideas to what you present here.
I don't think he'd be forced to wear it.
And I don't think we should really care.
We can just go with the assumption that
He is Ganon in mind. And if you were Ganon...
What would you put on?

I think the heraldry is the main thing
that establishes this to players.
__________________
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2008, 11:05 AM
Lord Zero Lord Zero is a male Wales Lord Zero is offline
There is no such thing as innocence. Only degrees of guilt.
Steam ID: The Arbitrator
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cymru
View Posts: 9,231
Re: Gerudo?! Zant?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-fergus View Post
Notice how Midna and Tetra's Personalities are very similar,
And both, some how become more serious once they reveal themselves as
Princesses.
I don't think Midna and Zelda are similar at all personality-wise. Zelda is more modest and wise, and therefore quieter, Midna's a bit loud-mouthed and self-important, but her heart's in the right place.

Quote:
I don't think he'd be forced to wear it.
And I don't think we should really care.
We can just go with the assumption that
He is Ganon in mind. And if you were Ganon...
What would you put on?

I think the heraldry is the main thing
that establishes this to players.
I don't think he was forced to wear it either, just Ganondorf could've been all "Oh, well, you should wear this, it looks good on you. " But that's almost certainly in the realms of 13 year old secondary-school fangirl "humour" fanfiction with the Zelda cast. Either way, you get my point - Nothing about the Twili having any real connection with the Gerudo, other than Ganondorf and Zant.

Also, did Ganondorf actually possess Zant? I was under the impression Ganondorf just gave Zant power in return for his freedom.
__________________

"Even should the heavens fall, let Justice prevail."
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Super Fergus Super Fergus is a male Ireland Super Fergus is offline
Tit face.
Send a message via AIM to Super Fergus Send a message via Skype™ to Super Fergus
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northern Ireland.
View Posts: 1,293
Re: Gerudo?! Zant?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Earth View Post
I don't think Midna and Zelda are similar at all personality-wise. Zelda is more modest and wise, and therefore quieter, Midna's a bit loud-mouthed and self-important, but her heart's in the right place.
Midna, is like Zelda in her true form,
Which is why I stated the similarity to
Tetra and Midna, when Midna isn't in her true form.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Earth View Post
I don't think he was forced to wear it either, just Ganondorf could've been all "Oh, well, you should wear this, it looks good on you. " But that's almost certainly in the realms of 13 year old secondary-school fangirl "humour" fanfiction with the Zelda cast. Either way, you get my point - Nothing about the Twili having any real connection with the Gerudo, other than Ganondorf and Zant.

Also, did Ganondorf actually possess Zant? I was under the impression Ganondorf just gave Zant power in return for his freedom.
That was my point.
I was not saying anything about the Gerudos connection.
Though I was saying those were definatly Gerudo markings.
Concluding that it was infact Just the influence of Ganon.

I wouldn't exactly say Possess, but not far from it.
You can really assume anything once a mind has been twisted by Ganon.
__________________
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2008, 11:45 AM
Lord Zero Lord Zero is a male Wales Lord Zero is offline
There is no such thing as innocence. Only degrees of guilt.
Steam ID: The Arbitrator
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cymru
View Posts: 9,231
Re: Gerudo?! Zant?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-fergus View Post
Midna, is like Zelda in her true form,
Which is why I stated the similarity to
Tetra and Midna, when Midna isn't in her true form.
I didn't really notice a change in character when Midna took on her true form. She stayed the same, just she was a bit more sincere.
__________________

"Even should the heavens fall, let Justice prevail."
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ is a male United Kingdom Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ is offline
Banned User
Send a message via Skype™ to Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Island
View Posts: 20,843
Re: Gerudo?! Zant?!

The Twili's aren't parallels of Hyrule. They once lived in Hyrule, so why would parallels of people from Hyrule exist within the same world?

Twilight does not = Parallel. Twilight = Light + Darkness......

Midna and Zelda have the same personality?
??
Midna in the beginning was very bossy and rude, commanding Link to do as she wished. However as the game progressed, she began to see the good nature in Zelda and Link, and began to act more sincere and caring.

Zelda on the other hand was always sincere and caring throughout the entire game. But she's far more reserved than Midna is, and far less...blunt as well.

By the way, when you first started this theory you never mentioned a connection between just Ganondorf and Zant. You only said that was what you were suggesting after others brought that possibility up.
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Average Gamer Average Gamer is offline
Hyrule defend itself? HAHAHAHA!
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Haunted Wasteland
View Posts: 4,595
Re: Gerudo?! Zant?!

Zant is not wearing that symbol because he is working for Ganondorf; he's wearing it before he ever meets Ganondorf.

I do have to admit, that is quite similar, but everything else leads me to believe that the Gerudo and Twili aren't connected after all. The fact there are guys outside of the PoT already proves that they can't be Gerudo. The symbol is similar to the Gerudo symbol, but it seems different enough that it might not be a link between the cultures.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintin O Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcvalons
Vaati is the oldest villain in the Zelda chronology, and the oldest are always the most powerful.
Man, I've disproved this point every time I've dropped by the old folk's home.

I... I'm not allowed there any more.
Last Edited by Average Gamer; 05-16-2008 at 05:17 PM. Reason:
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Super Fergus Super Fergus is a male Ireland Super Fergus is offline
Tit face.
Send a message via AIM to Super Fergus Send a message via Skype™ to Super Fergus
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northern Ireland.
View Posts: 1,293
Re: Gerudo?! Zant?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Gamer View Post
Zant is not wearing that symbol because he is working for Ganondorf; he's wearing it before he ever meets Ganondorf.

I do have to admit, that is quite similar, but everything else leads me to believe that the Gerudo and Twili aren't connected after all. The fact there are guys outside of the PoT already proves that they can't be Gerudo. The symbol is similar to the Gerudo symbol, but it seems different enough that it might not be a link between the cultures.
Note - This thread is not about Gerudo linking with Twi.

He is wearing before he meets Ganondorf?
Well, I don't think the developers would of bothered
removing it just for that single moment.
__________________
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ is a male United Kingdom Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ is offline
Banned User
Send a message via Skype™ to Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Island
View Posts: 20,843
Re: Gerudo?! Zant?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-fergus View Post
Note - This thread is not about Gerudo linking with Twi.

He is wearing before he meets Ganondorf?
Well, I don't think the developers would of bothered
removing it just for that single moment.
Why wouldn't they?
They showed Midna without her helmet for one moment.
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2008, 05:09 PM
asuru asuru is a female United States asuru is offline
weee!

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA
View Posts: 10,229
Re: Gerudo?! Zant?!

Could just be that Nintendo simply borrowed styles from the previous games just to keep a trend down. Thats my guess.

But I can't understand why people read too much into things, no offense.
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ is a male United Kingdom Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ is offline
Banned User
Send a message via Skype™ to Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Island
View Posts: 20,843
Re: Gerudo?! Zant?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarpoultry View Post
Could just be that Nintendo simply borrowed styles from the previous games just to keep a trend down. Thats my guess.

But I can't understand why people read too much into things, no offense.
I agree.
I think some people are only seeing what they want to see.
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Antigone Antigone is a female United States Antigone is offline
'Tis Death I wed
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: USA
View Posts: 1,596
Re: Gerudo?! Zant?!

To be honest, I don't believe your theory has much relevancy here - you say that the cultures are somehow linked through similar symbols? That's like saying the European and Asian cultures are linked because they both have dragons. I say it's simply perchance that the symbols even look remotely similar. I honestly had to squint and think a moment before I found even a little similarity.

I also disagree with the whole 'designers don't just squiggle anything down.' Not all designs have to have a special meaning. Hell, I've designed plenty of characters on what I thought looked cool. I'm not mocking the professionals at Nintendo, but not everyone designs things on a 'long context of history.' They're people. They could have just based some of Zantís design on things found on previous games, or like me, just thought it looked cool.

But hey, think what you want *shrug*
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Super Fergus Super Fergus is a male Ireland Super Fergus is offline
Tit face.
Send a message via AIM to Super Fergus Send a message via Skype™ to Super Fergus
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northern Ireland.
View Posts: 1,293
Re: Gerudo?! Zant?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawliete View Post
you say that the cultures are somehow linked through similar symbols?
No.
I've been pointing out time and time again,
that this is not my point at all.

The title is a farce, to all those blunt threads,
as many of you have already described.

I'm not stating any theory.

When I made this thread, the only thing
I was pointing out was that those were
defiantly Gerudo traits.

For what reason, I was asking everyone else.

I hadn't read any of the other threads, because
I'm just as cynical as you. So I wished to find out,
was there any accepted theory? Is there any theory at all?

As for the ones that considered the thread as it was meant to be,
suggested that it was either, A design that they just decided to throw in there like a lot of Zelda classed symbols, or that it had to do with Ganon's influence on Zant.

Thank you!
__________________
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Hombre de Mundo Sweden Hombre de Mundo is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to Hombre de Mundo
Steam ID: Hombre_de_Mundo



Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: EL's mind
View Posts: 13,644
Re: Gerudo?! Zant?!

^ If it had anything to do with Ganondorf's influence, the symbols should not be on Zant's outfit before he met Ganon. So if you wanna look that up on youtube, that could give you an answer
__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
gerudo, zant


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 PM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -