Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 16
Termina and the twilight realm

I know this theory has flaws but I thought I would tell everyone before I forgot.

Termina and the twilight realm might be the same place but in different time lines. For this to happen TP would have to be on the adult time line where link didn't save termina from being destroyed. Maybe some of the citizens of termina survived and were changed by the twilight that was now surrounding them.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,165
Re: Termina and the twilight realm

The problem with this TP is on the child timeline and so is MM.
There is even a confirmation on this by Aonuma.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Wrath of Pong Wrath of Pong is a male United States Wrath of Pong is offline
If anyone needs me I'll be in the angry dome
Send a message via Skype™ to Wrath of Pong
Steam ID: Wrath of Pong *Note: if friending me, tell me you are from ZU; otherwise I ignore random requests
View Posts: 4,337

Well, we know for a fact that TP is in the Child Timeline so your theory is void. Also, the interlopers were sent into the twilight realm at least several hundred years before OOT and MM, so the twilight realm would have already had to existed. If the twilight realm had been created by the moon hitting termina than it wouldn't have been there a thousand years before and the twili wouldn't have been thrown in it.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2008, 08:07 PM
View Posts: 2,147

It's 2:04 AM and I'm tired but I'll try to post...

There is no way TP and MM can in different timelines. They both fit into the Child Timeline perfectly and the developers have confirmed that they take place in the Child Timeline.

Also, there is no way that Termina and the Twilight realm can be the same place, because the Moon would have destroyed all of Termina.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2008, 08:31 PM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,169

I don't think they are the same place. If they were going to make it the same place, I think they would have been really obvious about it. They might have had a big destroyed clock, so that we could have had our Charlton Heston moment, "You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you! Damn you all to hell!".
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 16

Well, maybe termina is where all those bad people were sent and over the years they forgot why they were there. The twilight realm certainly looked destroyed to me with one floating complex in a large void area. Also, maybe the portal Link went through to get there took him to the adult timeline so it would still be destroyed in TP. But you're right, this probably is wrong.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Mexicuter
View Posts: 5,666

The twilight realm and termina don't are the same place.
Twilight realm is the Sacred realm, the golden Land where the sky shines gold not blue.

I don't know if exists a thread of that theory in this forum, but are some many things that make me think that the twilight realm and the sacred realm are the same place.

-The mirror to travel between both worlds.(in ALTTP you need the mirror to travel between the SR-Hyrule)

-When you are inside the sacred realm(dark world) you turn into a pink rabbit, when you are in the twilli realm you turn into a wolf.

-The "moon pearl", "the soles pearls" that protect you to change your form.

-both realms looks very similars.
Last Edited by Smallville Boy 69; 03-30-2008 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2008, 06:57 AM
If ur gonna b 2 faced at least make 1 of em pretty
View Posts: 303

Well, I used to think that as well, but I'm not really sure. It's certainly possible - nobody really knows when the Interlopers came to Hyrule (being from another land, they probably wouldn't have known that the Triforce had been split) - and nobody knows what became of Termina after Link saved it.

Just in case people were unsure, I just looked up the word interlope in my handy-dandy dictionary and it defines that word as:
Quote:
To intrude in the affairs of others
So, that would mean that an interloper is someone who intrudes in the affairs of others. Does that help anyone? At all?

Oh, and smallville boy: I used to think that too, until I posted it here & was shot down.
It seemed like a natural progression for me - 'Sacred Realm -> Twilight Realm - > Dark World' - but I guess not. Although, perhaps it is possible. Until a game comes along linking TP to ALttP (which is pretty unlikely!) I can't really say.

What's not to be a fan of, huh????:glare

My RPG Character: Demyx

Check out these pages at Galbadia Hotel:

Main page: http://http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=77485

Videogame Soundtracks:http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks.php?r=77485

Anime/Manga:
http://gh.ffshrine.org/manga/?r=77485
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2008, 07:50 AM
is not Zelda in disguise
View Posts: 3,958

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville boy View Post
Twilight realm is the Sacred realm, the golden Land where the sky shines gold not blue.

I don't know if exists a thread of that theory in this forum, but are some many things that make me think that the twilight realm and the sacred realm are the same place.

-The mirror to travel between both worlds.(in ALTTP you need the mirror to travel between the SR-Hyrule)

-When you are inside the sacred realm(dark world) you turn into a pink rabbit, when you are in the twilli realm you turn into a wolf.

I also think that they are similar, but there is one giant problem.
When the interlopers were banned the Triforce was still in the sacred realm, and that would make the goddesses and the light spirits look like retards. I mean who bannes a bunch of evil mages into a realm where the ultimat power of the Triforce can be aquired?
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2008, 11:54 AM
Wrath of Pong Wrath of Pong is a male United States Wrath of Pong is offline
If anyone needs me I'll be in the angry dome
Send a message via Skype™ to Wrath of Pong
Steam ID: Wrath of Pong *Note: if friending me, tell me you are from ZU; otherwise I ignore random requests
View Posts: 4,337

Quote:

You counter an impossible theory with anothe impossible theory. The sacred Realm is the dark world, not the twilight realm. Not to mention once agian we encounter the time diffrence. The Dark World is in the AT and was created when ganon is beaten in OOT. The twilight realm was made way before OOT.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2008, 08:29 PM
Banned User
Send a message via Skype™ to Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ
View Posts: 20,843

I can say with absolute certainty that the Twilight Realm and Termina are separate places.
^See ealier posts
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2008, 09:49 PM
Mexicuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterlime View Post
I also think that they are similar, but there is one giant problem.
When the interlopers were banned the Triforce was still in the sacred realm, and that would make the goddesses and the light spirits look like retards. I mean who bannes a bunch of evil mages into a realm where the ultimat power of the Triforce can be aquired?

you know where is the triforce?
Yes! into the Sacred realm..but where is exactly?
the triforce is resguarded inside the temple of light.

Why gany can take the triforce when link open the gate from the temple of time ? He can take the triforce because when link pull out the master sword the portal conduct directly to the temple of light, not only to the sacred realm.
After gany take the triforce and transform the sacred realm into the evil realm, he cant enterd into the temple of light again, rauru tell us that the temple of light is the last stronghold to protect himself to the gany evil powers.

When somebody travel between Hyrule-Twilight realm using The twilight mirror, where the the person lands?
In the ground of the twilight mirror, in some place of the sacred realm, not inside the temple of light. The triforce was protected inside the temple of light, also the light spirits take the fused shadow from the interlopers, the interlopers after that was like a pink rabbits, like a little cats. the interlopers without the fused shadow little by little turn into a good people, a pacefull people, the problem come when gany go 4 accident into the twilli realm, the sages want to kill gany not put him into the twilli realm.
Last Edited by Smallville Boy 69; 03-31-2008 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2008, 10:15 PM
Banned User

Quote:
you know where is the triforce?

Why gany can take the triforce when link open the gate from the temple of time ? He can take the triforce because when link pull out the master sword the portal conduct directly to the temple of light, not only to the sacred realm.
After gany take the triforce and transform the sacred realm into the evil realm, he cant enterd into the temple of light again, rauru tell us that the temple of light is the last stronghold to protect himself to the gany evil powers.

When somebody travel between Hyrule-Twilight realm using The twilight mirror, where the the person lands?
In the ground of the twilight mirror, in some place of the sacred realm, not inside the temple of light. The triforce was protected inside the temple of light, also the light spirits take the fused shadow from the interlopers, the interlopers after that was like a pink rabbits, like a little cats. the interlopers without the fused shadow little by little turn into a good people, a pacefull people, the problem come when gany go 4 accident into the twilli realm, the sages want to kill gany not put him into the twilli realm.
Okay, I just now saw what you said ealier about the Sacred Realm and the Twilight Realm, and I just HAD to respond...
- Lanayru mentions the Sacred Realm in TP.(actually, others mention it as well I believe) Just in TP alone, the Sacred Realm is talked about like a separate realm from the Twilight Realm.
- The Twilight Realm is a place where light and darkness mix, thus forming Twilight. It's apparently always been this way.(At least I dont see any in-game statements suggesting otherwise)
- The Sacred Realm on the other hand is a mirror of what's in the heart of one who obtains the triforce. If what you say is true...how did the Sacred Realm change into the Twilight Realm? No one else touched the triforce other than Ganondorf, and that only happened in the Adult Timeline. Remember, TP is in the Child Timeline.

- You make it sound as though the Sacred Realm transformed into the Twilight Realm because of Ganondorf, which is not true. Ganon touched it, yes...but in the Adult timeline. Also, many other games refer to the Sacred Realm as the Dark World/Evil Realm after he does so.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2008, 10:44 PM
Mexicuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of Twilight View Post
- Lanayru mentions the Sacred Realm in TP.(actually, others mention it as well I believe) Just in TP alone, the Sacred Realm is talked about like a separate realm from the Twilight Realm.
No one text conffirm that.

Quote:
- The Sacred Realm on the other hand is a mirror of what's in the heart of one who obtains the triforce. If what you say is true...how did the Sacred Realm change into the Twilight Realm? No one else touched the triforce other than Ganondorf, and that only happened in the Adult Timeline. Remember, TP is in the Child Timeline.
Obviosly i know about the statement, and the automatly split of the triforce.
The Sacred realm and the twilight realm are the same place only with a diferent name(example: in ALTTP Sacred realm was called "Golden Land") are sinonimus of the same place.

Quote:
- You make it sound as though the Sacred Realm transformed into the Twilight Realm because of Ganondorf, which is not true. Ganon touched it, yes...but in the Adult timeline. Also, many other games refer to the Sacred Realm as the Dark World/Evil Realm after he does so.
The sacred realm/twilight realm never changes,always have the same shape, the only thing that have effect in the realm is the evil dark power of ganon(that he have thanks to the triforce of power) that evil dark power are the dark clouds that covered some parts of the realm, that dark power is the same power that gany put in the sacred realm/dark world in ALTTP, the power that turn link into a pink rabbit, and into a wolf in TP.

In TP the sacred realm don't turn into the dark world, not is dark hyrule like in ALTTP,dont looks like this,gany in TP never entered and touch the triforce,never make a wish,never transform the sacred realm into a dark hyrule(dark world), 4 That the twilight realm/sacred realm has the original shape, the shape that we never see before in no one game, the shape that we only see in the manual of ALTTP, that was bassed in a text from the book of mudora.
Last Edited by Smallville Boy 69; 03-31-2008 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2008, 10:50 PM
Banned User

Quote:
No one text conffirm that.

Obviosly i know about the statement, and the automatly split of the triforce.
The Sacred realm and the twilight realm are the same place only with a diferent name(example: in ALTTP Sacred realm was called "Golden Land") are sinonimus of the same place,

The sacred realm/twilight realm never changes,always have the same shape, the only thing that have effect in the realm is the evil dark power of ganon(that he have thanks to the triforce of power) that evil dark power are the dark clouds that covered some parts of the realm, that dark power is the same power that gany put in the sacred realm/dark world in ALTTP.

In TP the sacred realm don turn into the dark world, not is dark hyrule like in ALTTP,dont looks like this,gany in TP never entered and touch the triforce,never make a wish, 4 That the twilight realm/sacred realm has the original shape, the shape that we never see before in the game, the shape that we only see in the manual of ALTTP, that was bassed in a text from the book of mudora.
Are you basing your beliefs on appearances? They look slightly similar, but even then there's too many differences.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2008, 11:05 PM
Mexicuter

Open your eyes open your mind, i show u that havent nothing to dissaprob my theory, its very possible that the twilight realm are the sacred realm.
I know that after you read my posts and my reasons you think very seriosly in that theroy.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Open your eyes open your mind, i show u that havent nothing to dissaprob my theory, its very possible that the twilight realm are the sacred realm.
I know that after you read my posts and my reasons you think very seriosly in that theroy.
I'm trying to take this seriously. I believe you think it's serious...but I cant find any reason to believe in your theory.

Okay, this is why I cant believe your theory:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanayru
When all was chaos, the goddesses descended and gave order and life to the world. They granted power equally to all who dwelt in the light, and then returned to the heavens. The lands where the goddesses descended came to be known as the Sacred Realm. For ages, the people lived at ease, content in mind and body... But soon, word of the Sacred Realm spread through Hyrule, and a great battle ensued... Among those living in the light, interlopers who excelled at magic appeared. Wielding powerful sorcery, they tried to establish dominion over the Sacred Realm. It was then that the goddesses ordered us three light spirits to intervene. We sealed away the great magic those individuals had mastered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midna
What do you think happened to the magic wielders who tried to rule the Sacred Realm? They were banished. They were chased across the sacred lands of Hyrule and driven into another realm by the goddesses. It was another world entirely...The antithesis of Hyrule, where the sun shines bright. Its denizens became shadows that could not mingle with the light. Eventually, most came to call it the Twilight Realm, and from it, none could return to the world of light... They were forever doomed to live in the twilight, flitting in the half-light of dusk, mere shadows of Hyrule... This is the history of the Twili as it has been passed down from our ancestors...
As you can see from these quotes:
- The Twili originally WANTED control over the Sacred Realm for their own purposes. But as we know, they were sealed away for their actions. Now answer me this: WHY would the Goddesses banish them to the very place they hoped to control? That makes no sense.
- Also, if you notice in Midna's quote, she refers to both the Sacred Realm and Twilight Realm in one statement. She clearly refers to them as separate places.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2008, 11:58 PM
Mexicuter

Quote:
- The Twili originally WANTED control over the Sacred Realm for their own purposes. But as we know, they were sealed away for their actions. Now answer me this: WHY would the Goddesses banish them to the very place they hoped to control? That makes no sense.
The Answer:

You know where is the triforce?

Quote:
- Also, if you notice in Midna's quote, she refers to both the Sacred Realm and Twilight Realm in one statement. She clearly refers to them as separate places.
Only one thing, this little thing "." The point sing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midna
What do you think happened to the magic wielders who tried to rule the Sacred Realm? They were banished "." They were chased across the sacred lands of Hyrule and driven into another realm by the goddesses.
You see ".", that little thing is used to separet the two sentenses.

Se the second sentense:

They were chased across the sacred lands of Hyrule and driven into another realm by the goddesses.

You can see, the sentense only shows, only separate hyrule realm / another realm.
another realm is sacred realm(twilight realm).

One thing is this "." and another thing is this ",".

"." be used to separate sentenses/ideas

"," be used to separate words in the same sentense/idea.

The theory goes on, My theory still be true.
Last Edited by Smallville Boy 69; 04-01-2008 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-01-2008, 12:27 AM
Banned User

Quote:
The Answer:

You know where is the triforce?

Only one thing, this little thing "." The point sing.

You see ".", that little thing is used to separet the two sentenses.

Se the second sentense:

They were chased across the sacred lands of Hyrule and driven into another realm by the goddesses.

You can see, the sentense only shows, only separate hyrule realm / another realm.
another realm is sacred realm(twilight realm).

One thing is this "." and another thing is this ",".

"." be used to separate sentenses/ideas

"," be used to separate words in the same sentense/idea.

The theory goes on, My theory still be true.
You know what?
I'm gonna let someone else pick at your theory. If you're going to respond by being sarcastic and telling me what periods and commas are...this will go no where.

I cant make it anymore clear than this:
The Twilight Realm is NOT the Sacred Realm. Do you need people in the game to flat out say it? We dont need in-game quotes saying "Link, the Twilight Realm is not the Sacred Realm. Remember that Link."

It's so plainfully obvious they are separate places, that they dont need to say it.
Last Edited by Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ; 04-01-2008 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-01-2008, 06:05 AM
is not Zelda in disguise
View Posts: 3,958

Quote:
-The Twili wanted dominion over the sacred realm, banning them there would be illogic.
-The sacred realm is often described as a paradise, the Twili however were unpleased when they were banned there.
-The royal family of the Twili is in possesion of one part of the fused shadow, saying that they are harmless after they were banned is illogical.
-The whole thing about the Triforce being protected in the temple of light is not backed up by the games. Most of the time they make it look like that it is up for the grabs once you entered the sacred realm.
-The cutscene were the interlopers are banned, happens in the sacred realm, after they are banned they have dissapered from the plain that symbolizes the sacred realm.
-Everything that GoT said and you failed to disprove.

The two realms are similar, but there are major contradictions to your theory

Tags
realm, termina, twilight