Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2008, 09:46 PM
MajorasWrath1 MajorasWrath1 is a male United States MajorasWrath1 is offline
Sage of Shadows
Send a message via ICQ to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via AIM to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via Yahoo to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via Skype™ to MajorasWrath1
View Posts: 1,934
Re: Mind Travel Theory: ending of OoT fully explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokiri Mage7 View Post
No, I meant Hyrule Castle Town, sorry. It's more like before he met Malon, but after arriving at Hyrule Castle Town.
It's a good question whether he's met Malon yet, because MM doesn't specify whether he remembers Epona's Song when he relearns it from Romani or not.
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Leaf Kokiri
View Posts: 330

Well, he probably does because how else would Epona have grown to like and trust him?

If you don't do either, I'll get sad. Don't make a Kokiri sad. Kokiri don't need to be sad. If a Kokiri gets sad, the world stops spinning and the side with Canada, America, etc. freezes over and then the Canadians will become supreme rulers of the Americas and then you will bow down to us!!! Ha ha ha ha!! Well, not really, but I might try to make such happen.
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Bow down before the one you serve, you're going to get what you deserve.
View Posts: 6,435

Aye, but just the fact that he does have Epona means he probably met with Malon at some point in the child timeline before leaving in Termina.

Voted Best Zelda Theorist Summer 2008, Winter 2008, and Summer 2009
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda Winter 2008.
Voted Most Dedicated Theorist Summer 2009

ZeldaInformer | Forums | Bombers Notebook | The Bombers | Resources
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Sage of Shadows
Send a message via ICQ to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via AIM to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via Yahoo to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via Skype™ to MajorasWrath1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erimgard View Post
Aye, but just the fact that he does have Epona means he probably met with Malon at some point in the child timeline before leaving in Termina.
You know what, it actually doesn't matter. Because after Link is sent back, he hasn't forgotten the future. He remembers Malon and Epona, so even if he was sent back before he met Malon, he would know to go meet her at the ranch or castle.
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Leaf Kokiri
View Posts: 330

Aye, and now you've got me pondering... what was the point of making MM? I've thought about it now for a while, actually... Why?
1) Was it to prove that Link and Saria were a plausible match?
a) Anju and Kafei, they loved each other even when Kafei (representing Saria) was young and Anju (representing Link) was slightly older in appearance.
2) That Link and Zelda was a plausible match?
a) Link has SECOND vision about Zelda.
3) That Zelda's actions had terrible consequences:
a) Link didn't give masks to people, most notably Skull Kid.
b) Skull Kid apparently still became friends with Link, however. He makes note that Link "smells like the forest boy" or something like that.
c) Skull Kid was still unhappy about his face, and most likely thought the Majora's Mask was interesting. It looks a little like the Skull Mask, doesn't it?

If you don't do either, I'll get sad. Don't make a Kokiri sad. Kokiri don't need to be sad. If a Kokiri gets sad, the world stops spinning and the side with Canada, America, etc. freezes over and then the Canadians will become supreme rulers of the Americas and then you will bow down to us!!! Ha ha ha ha!! Well, not really, but I might try to make such happen.
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Sage of Shadows

MM has alot of deep points to it

btw, totally off the topic, but how do I change the title under my name from "Goron" to something else? I've seen people with fewer posts than me having custom titles
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Bow down before the one you serve, you're going to get what you deserve.
View Posts: 6,435

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorasWrath1 View Post
You know what, it actually doesn't matter. Because after Link is sent back, he hasn't forgotten the future. He remembers Malon and Epona, so even if he was sent back before he met Malon, he would know to go meet her at the ranch or castle.
Agreed. I'm not saying that he was sent back to a time after he met Malon, I'm just saying that at some point he and Malon made acquaintances because Epona doesn't come to you as a child, and I doubt Link would break in and steal her

and to Kokiri Mage7, I think MM was so different because it was the first game directed by Eiji Aonuma [I believe] and he wanted to make a new interesting game to captivate fans and yet keep the old ones, thus it's a direct sequel but quite different.
I highly doubt the game was made to make references too Link's possible romance interests

and MajorasWrath1, I think you need to be a member for 4 months.

Voted Best Zelda Theorist Summer 2008, Winter 2008, and Summer 2009
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda Winter 2008.
Voted Most Dedicated Theorist Summer 2009

ZeldaInformer | Forums | Bombers Notebook | The Bombers | Resources
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Sage of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erimgard View Post
and MajorasWrath1, I think you need to be a member for 4 months.
Well, I did only join 5 days ago, I just love this place... I'll continue my 30 posts a day in hopes of my title automatically changing again soon
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-24-2008, 05:16 AM
Sheikah
View Posts: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorasWrath1 View Post
btw, totally off the topic, but how do I change the title under my name from "Goron" to something else? I've seen people with fewer posts than me having custom titles
Just go in under User CP and select Edit Profile. Then just look under Optional Information and write whatever you want.

Great thread by the way, sorry if I let slip out of the subject.

Roses are red, violets are blue
Link is green... in some games

R.I.P. potential timeline theory...
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-24-2008, 08:16 AM
Kokiri
View Posts: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletonband View Post
There was a quote from Shiek (I believe) that said when you travel forward in time with the Master Sword you will be transported to the future on the same exact day, date, and time. I think Shiek said that. Say the day is Monday the 12th at 3:00 p.m. and you put the Master Sword in the Pedestal Of Time, you will be transported to the future 7 years later (lets say you're Link) and you will find that it is Monday the 12th at 3:00 p.m. The same exact day, date, and time you left 7 years before.
uh leap years... it'll be a different day of the week
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 350

I followed the link the creator put in another post about the guru guru paradox. I also agree with the creator about how the split time line is possible. It's just there are too many wholes in the split time line. Not in your theory though. Your theory is the only logical explanation. The fault lies with nintendo creating this scenario. So we have link returning to the time before he left the forest. The problem is not only does this erase the adult time line, it also creates two of the same links in oot and mm. First the reason the AT is erased when link goes back to this specific time and warns Zelda of what would occur from their meddling. Thus zelda and link never open the way to the sacred realm and Ganon never learning about the true nature of the triforce or making his wish. This means that none of the scenarios for the AT to exist happen making it impossible to exist in the first place. This is based on the the assumption that link didn't create two time lines when he went to the future and then went back in time. So link only went to the future so he could go back and prevent that same future from never happening. Oh this is so hard to explain. It's basically like this:
A roller-coaster loop in time that never had to happen in order to reach your final destination.

Also this roller-coaster loop in time had a side effect. Link is in two places at once by the end of the game. He's in the temple of time as well in the kokiri forest. This has to be because you can't erase your self from a certain point in time because then you'd just never exist after that. Also link could never have gotten to that point in time in that specific place with out also being in the same place where it all began. actually if this is the case as soon as the link in the temple of time warns Zelda he'd disappear because he'd never be able to travel to that specific point in time any more. So really the whole two links problem would have fixed itself. Now the problem with what Nintendo did was make mm Link the same Link as the one who warned Zelda and went on this whole time loop. Thus the split time line theory was bull that was never actually thought of when make any Zelda game up to oot or even mm. So the split time line doesn't exist in any logical way in the Zelda universe. I could be horribly wrong and this paragraph may also be extremely redundant.
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-29-2008, 11:31 AM
theunabletable theunabletable is a male United States theunabletable is offline
(◕‿◕✿)
Send a message via AIM to theunabletable
View Posts: 4,080

Umm the split has been confirmed. It was confirmed quite a while back.
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 350

I know it was confirmed. I just feel it wasn't implemented well enough for me to believe it was planned while making oot. They are obviously using the split time line as an influence for future instalments though that much is clear.

Tags
ending, explained, fully, mind, oot, theory, travel