#81 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Banned User
Send a message via Skype™ to Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ
View Posts: 20,843
Re: teramina sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erimgard View Post
Why not just believe the manual since there is absolutely nothing to contradict it?
Not only the manual...but quotes from the developers
  #82 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Leaf Kokiri
View Posts: 330

Setting things straight that I'd read and noticed were forgotten later on.

If you don't do either, I'll get sad. Don't make a Kokiri sad. Kokiri don't need to be sad. If a Kokiri gets sad, the world stops spinning and the side with Canada, America, etc. freezes over and then the Canadians will become supreme rulers of the Americas and then you will bow down to us!!! Ha ha ha ha!! Well, not really, but I might try to make such happen.
  #83 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokiri Mage7 View Post
Setting things straight that I'd read and noticed were forgotten later on.
What?

Okay....
Anyways, how come you believe Termina is another planet?
  #84 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Bow down before the one you serve, you're going to get what you deserve.
View Posts: 6,435

A parallel is clearly the most obvious answer. It's said in the manual, it's said by the directors, and it's supported by the fact that a lot of people have parallel 'twins' if you will.

Voted Best Zelda Theorist Summer 2008, Winter 2008, and Summer 2009
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda Winter 2008.
Voted Most Dedicated Theorist Summer 2009

ZeldaInformer | Forums | Bombers Notebook | The Bombers | Resources
  #85 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Leaf Kokiri

What were the goddesses gonna do once Hyrule was made? Just sit around and laugh at the mortals and Kokiri trying to live there? Probably not, so, they go around the rest of the universe making more worlds. Perhaps Termina was their second world.

If you don't do either, I'll get sad. Don't make a Kokiri sad. Kokiri don't need to be sad. If a Kokiri gets sad, the world stops spinning and the side with Canada, America, etc. freezes over and then the Canadians will become supreme rulers of the Americas and then you will bow down to us!!! Ha ha ha ha!! Well, not really, but I might try to make such happen.
  #86 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Leaf Kokiri

Yeah, but if Link was dreaming it all, then that'd be another way that there'd be "twins" and if the goddesses made Termina so much like Hyrule, why not make it's people look like the people of Hyrule originally did? They left out the Great Deku Tree and Great Jabu-Jabu, which meant that the Kokiri weren't there and the Zoras weren't quite as religiously bound (thus why their temple has plumbing, they were scientifically superior at some point).

#87 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2008, 06:13 PM

Why should it be a dream? If the directors say it wasn't, and the game does not contradict that, then I believe the directors.
And the reason why there was no Jabu Jabu or Great Deku Tree is because there was no need for them in the game. They wouldn't have fit into the plot.
Why is there no Ganondorf, Impa, etc...?
Same reason. They didn't make EVERYONE have a parallel person, but a lot of them did.

#88 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Banned User

?

What?!
Where do these ideas come from...
Who says the Goddesses have to constantly go around creating one world after another?
  #89 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Leaf Kokiri

I do. Wouldn't they get bored of just waiting around all day and watching battles between great hero and great villain paced out a hundred or more years apart? I think so. Oh, right, I guess that's why they amused themselves with the war in Hyrule. Either way, it's called T-H-E-O-R-I-Z-I-N-G. Theorize means "to speculate or form a theory about something". Now, I've made two completely unique theories and even given possible reasons for why they would be possible. How many have you made?

And while we're on the topics of Hyrule and alternate worlds/dimensions/whatevers, what're your takes on places like Labrynna and Holodrum which also appear in only one game?

#90 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Banned User

Quote:
I do. Wouldn't they get bored of just waiting around all day and watching battles between great hero and great villain paced out a hundred or more years apart? I think so. Oh, right, I guess that's why they amused themselves with the war in Hyrule. Either way, it's called T-H-E-O-R-I-Z-I-N-G. Theorize means "to speculate or form a theory about something". Now, I've made two completely unique theories and even given possible reasons for why they would be possible. How many have you made?

And while we're on the topics of Hyrule and alternate worlds/dimensions/whatevers, what're your takes on places like Labrynna and Holodrum which also appear in only one game?
Get "bored"?

Dude....
It's a GAME...
Not every tiny detail needs to be explained.
And, yes this is a theorizing section, but what you're saying is more like...fan fiction.
  #91 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
I do. Wouldn't they get bored of just waiting around all day and watching battles between great hero and great villain paced out a hundred or more years apart? I think so.
That's called speculating. Without any facts, it's not a theory

Quote:
Start a new thread. That's not what this thread is about.

#92 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Leaf Kokiri

First part is speculating, aye. Second is simply an inquiry about whether we should say that Termina, Labrynna, and Holodrum are all alternate dimensions/planets/whatevers. Thing is, I'd say it fits with what we're discussing. However, isn't this thread about Termina flooding because of a link to Hyrule? Yep, that it is. Do I care? Nope, not really.

#93 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Banned User

Quote:
First part is speculating, aye. Second is simply an inquiry about whether we should say that Termina, Labrynna, and Holodrum are all alternate dimensions/planets/whatevers. Thing is, I'd say it fits with what we're discussing. However, isn't this thread about Termina flooding because of a link to Hyrule? Yep, that it is. Do I care? Nope, not really.
Holodrum and Labrynna are believed to be in the same world as Hyrule.

Anyways, we've already established how and why Hyrule cant effect Termina.
Read the thread.
  #94 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Leaf Kokiri

If Hyrule and Termina ARE alternate dimensions, then that means that they're two sides of the same coin. If one side is drowned, the other side would be drowned as well, right? Well, not necessarily if we're using the "two sides to the same coin" analogy. But you know what I mean.

#95 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Banned User

Quote:
If Hyrule and Termina ARE alternate dimensions, then that means that they're two sides of the same coin. If one side is drowned, the other side would be drowned as well, right? Well, not necessarily if we're using the "two sides to the same coin" analogy. But you know what I mean.
?

Okay, lemme give you a science lecture:
Alternate universes are in fact believed to exist. It's believed that there are many alternate universes (an infinite amount to be exact). It's also believed that every universe is different. Basically, for every possible event that could ever happen, there's a universe where it does.

In other words, there's a universe out there where you are President, and another where Earth was taken over by Germany and Hitler.

Now, these universes DO NOT affect one another. Yes lots of things are similar, but they cant affect each other because they're completely separate.

Same goes with Hyrule and Termina. Now, alternate universes and alternate dimensions are really 2 completely different things, but in this case those words are used interchangeably.

Anyways, this prooves that the events in 1 universe dont affect the other.
  #96 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 305

Quote:
Somebody said that only Ganondorf has bled. THAT, my friend, is incorrect. In TP, if you visit the swordsman dude, Cole's dad and whatever his name is, you'll notice he's bleeding in various spots (leg, head, arm, etc.). This is anywhere between when you're trying to get your sword and before you arrive at Kakariko.

Also, you don't have to be close to death to cause a mask to come off. Look at the professor dude in Ikana. You play Song of Healing for him and you get the Gibdo Mask, he's nowhere near death.

All options (I think):
A) Termina is an alternate dimension.
B) Termina is a planet in the same solar system as Hyrule, thus why we can travel between them with a magic pitfall thing.
C) Termina lies to the west of Hyrule or to its east, across an ocean. Obviously, I support the western Terminan - eastern Hyrulean front much more. A lot of similarities.
D) It's all a dream Link had after suffering a concussion from such a high fall.

I, personally, believe B. However, it's also possible, even though no canon evidence supports this, that Termina and Hyrule came to become one planet later on (perhaps the two planets were on a collision course because of the moon's near collision with Hyrule?) This would fulfill C.
D is just me being silly, but yeah, it's shown that dreams can hurt pretty bad in the world of Zelda. Oh, but when did Link wake up? Right after hearing Saria's Song. Then he goes out and chases down Skull Kid and gets Epona back. This way also explains the duplicates, he remembered them all from Hyrule, thus added them to his dream world. Highly improbable, but still a possibility, right? Right.
Ok even I have to give you a pat on the back for B ts the best theory iv hard in a long time
  #97 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Zora Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of Twilight View Post
?

Okay, lemme give you a science lecture:
Alternate universes are in fact believed to exist. It's believed that there are many alternate universes (an infinite amount to be exact). It's also believed that every universe is different. Basically, for every possible event that could ever happen, there's a universe where it does.

In other words, there's a universe out there where you are President, and another where Earth was taken over by Germany and Hitler.

Now, these universes DO NOT affect one another. Yes lots of things are similar, but they cant affect each other because they're completely separate.

Same goes with Hyrule and Termina. Now, alternate universes and alternate dimensions are really 2 completely different things, but in this case those words are used interchangeably.

Anyways, this prooves that the events in 1 universe dont affect the other.
bla bla bla alternit univers bla bla bla blablabblady bla bla.............
  #98 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by garato View Post
bla bla bla alternit univers bla bla bla blablabblady bla bla.............
Dont get all bent out of shape when someone disagrees with you. Are you really that shallow?

Come on...just grow up.

I dont want this thread closing because of us.
  #99 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Zora Warrior

agreed lets just stop the hostility (puts out hand to shake it)
  #100 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by garato View Post
agreed lets just stop the hostility (puts out hand to shake it)
I'm confused...in one thread, you said I'm on your ignore list, and you called me a freak. Here, you're asking to stop the hostility?

:moodswing

Tags
sea, teramina