Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Miilou Suede Miilou Suede is a male United States Miilou Suede is offline
Mogma
View Posts: 161
Aonuma quote deconfirmation request

I'd like to bring attention to some of the less scandalous "quotes" used in this April Fool's interview.

GameSpot:Video Games PC Xbox 360 PS3 Wii PSP DS PS2 PlayStation 2 GameCube GBA PlayStation 3

Is this the only interview that claims Aonuma stated TP and PH would be the last Zeldas of their kind?

Is this the only interview in which Aonuma claims Miyamoto doesn't feel comfortable releasing an official timeline because it'd make him feel constricted in the future design process?

Is this the only interview in which Aonuma describes the placement of the Four Swords series in the chronology?

Because it seems some people use these quotes as if they were real, when in fact they are not. As much as I'd like to believe Aonuma confirmed the Four Swords placement, I'm not sure if he ever stated it in a real interview.

(yay first post)
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Bow down before the one you serve, you're going to get what you deserve.
View Posts: 6,435
Re: Aonuma quote deconfirmation request

^
welcome aboard.
Well, I just heard that quote where he pretty much announces the adult timeline just yesterday, so it doesn't really bother me that it's not real.
And as for the TP/PH last of their kind argument...well, I never took that too seriously.

Seeing as director's tend to change their minds [as evidenced by the fact that the back of the aLttP box called it a prequel to LoZ, but after OoT came out Miyamoto announced aLttP as the last game currently in the series] I always count on in-game evidence before director's quotes.

Voted Best Zelda Theorist Summer 2008, Winter 2008, and Summer 2009
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda Winter 2008.
Voted Most Dedicated Theorist Summer 2009

ZeldaInformer | Forums | Bombers Notebook | The Bombers | Resources
Last Edited by Erimgard; 02-21-2008 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,169

Quote:
EA: Well, we've revealed both are in the game, obviously. However, Ganondorf's role is much more active in this game. He's always been a secondary character until the end of most Zelda games. This time, Link and Ganondorf interact several times during the course of the game, and we get to learn more about the origins of Ganondorf. Fans will finally understand why he is so driven to obtain the Triforce and conquer Hyrule. As for Princess Zelda, well, she has a very special role in Twilight Princess. The character Midna is tied to Princess Zelda in a unique way. I prefer not to elaborate at this time, but just know there is a connection about them.
Assuming for a minute that it's real. Parts of this seem to have been what happened and parts don't. Really it seems Ganondorf only shows up at the end, and Zant is the one you interact with part of the way in. I'm not sure if I would call it "several times", unless you count the way that the bosses get bigger when you enter to confront them. Could it be that Zant replaced Gannondorf in the plot, then they re-glued battling Ganondorf onto the end? His statements sort-of work, under that assumption, but it would have to mean that they were re-writing Ganondorf's history a bit. That "special role" for Zelda could have been her self sacrifice, but it's all so evasive. Even if it is fake, it's good to read.
Last Edited by langford; 02-21-2008 at 01:37 PM. Reason: missing words Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Fabulous

View Posts: 3,035

... That is not the Aonuma interview...

This is

EDIT: Nevermind, I was thinking of the wrong thing. I have never heard of the interview above, so it does not affect me at all.

Oh, and there was a different quote saying it would the last of it's kind. I will find it
SS-OoT______________________________aLttP-LA
\MM---TP---tHF-AoL---OoS-OoA-/
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Hombre de Mundo
Steam ID: Hombre_de_Mundo

View Posts: 13,685

Yes, Aonuma said TP would be the last Zelda of its kind. By that, we can only assume that he was talking about controls since the DS and Wii would provide totally new controls for the Zelda series. But there's also a question of PH, seeing as it was watered down quite a bit. Too easy. But still much enjoyable. We can't be quite sure on that one.

About FS: He didn't really know what he was talking about

About this:
Quote:
Is this the only interview in which Aonuma claims Miyamoto doesn't feel comfortable releasing an official timeline because it'd make him feel constricted in the future design process?
Well, it certainly makes sense, don't you think?
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Wrath of Pong Wrath of Pong is a male United States Wrath of Pong is offline
If anyone needs me I'll be in the angry dome
Send a message via Skype™ to Wrath of Pong
Steam ID: Wrath of Pong *Note: if friending me, tell me you are from ZU; otherwise I ignore random requests
View Posts: 4,337

As to TP being the last of its kind, they saw that about every game. He's just trying to make it sound special. I doubt there will be any significant changes in the gameplay or formula.

Tags
aonuma, deconfirmation, request