Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2008, 02:42 AM
Mogma
View Posts: 175
The Wind Tribe and the Oocca

As stated by Shad, the Oocca were an ancient tribe, once being believed to possess the triforce and the Hylians eventually grew to believe they were just legend. I'm not sure if Shad specifically stated this, or if I'm just interperating what he said, but it seems to me that the Hylians were once in contact with the Oocca.

Now which game is the only other Zelda game with a tribe in the sky? The Minish Cap, which is conveniently also the game most people believe came first. What this means is that the Oocca were once the Wind Tribe.

I have three reasons I think this. One: they are the only two Zelda tribes to live in the sky, a pretty big coincedance if they are not related. Second, TMC is believed to be the first Zelda adventure, giving the Hylains plenty of time to forget them, since they are never seen again. Third: a member of the Wind Tribe, Gregal, possesses the Light Arrows. Since this is the first adventure, this means the light arrows would have originally come to Hyrule via the Wind Tribe. As the light arrows are generally associated with the triforce, this makes it more than possible that the Wind Tribe possessed during TMC, or until very recently before, the triforce.

I believe the humanoid Wind Tribe changed into the bird-like Oocca during the time in between TMC and TP. This could have happened for a number of reasons: the bird shaped bodies were better adapted to their environment, they were somehow cursed, or when they gave up the triforce they were changed.

I'd love for people to give feedback, whether it is in support of my theory, or giving arguments against it. But please, if you do argue against give a reason or proof why you disagree.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2008, 08:27 AM
is not Zelda in disguise
View Posts: 3,959
Re: The Wind Tribe and the Oocca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploo View Post
As stated by Shad, the Oocca were an ancient tribe, once being believed to possess the triforce and the Hylians eventually grew to believe they were just legend. I'm not sure if Shad specifically stated this, or if I'm just interperating what he said, but it seems to me that the Hylians were once in contact with the Oocca.
Yupp, contact is even proven by ingame quotes of Impaz. But I don't remember that owners of the triforce thing, gonna check it.
Quote:
Now which game is the only other Zelda game with a tribe in the sky? The Minish Cap, which is conveniently also the game most people believe came first. What this means is that the Oocca were once the Wind Tribe.
NO, most people argue about the placement of tMC...but yeah they are the two only tribes living in the sky.

Quote:
I have three reasons I think this. One: they are the only two Zelda tribes to live in the sky, a pretty big coincedance if they are not related. Second, TMC is believed to be the first Zelda adventure, giving the Hylains plenty of time to forget them, since they are never seen again. Third: a member of the Wind Tribe, Gregal, possesses the Light Arrows. Since this is the first adventure, this means the light arrows would have originally come to Hyrule via the Wind Tribe. As the light arrows are generally associated with the triforce, this makes it more than possible that the Wind Tribe possessed during TMC, or until very recently before, the triforce.
Sound resonable if you place tMC first, but I'm not going with the triforce thing. If you place tMC first the Triforce has to remain untouched in the sacred realm until OoT happens.
Quote:
I believe the humanoid Wind Tribe changed into the bird-like Oocca during the time in between TMC and TP. This could have happened for a number of reasons: the bird shaped bodies were better adapted to their environment, they were somehow cursed, or when they gave up the triforce they were changed.
First two thing makes sense they just dicovered that a birdform was more fitting(thats is what I believe), and curses are always a possibility.
The Triforce thing however makes no sense at all, imo.

Quote:
I'd love for people to give feedback, whether it is in support of my theory, or giving arguments against it. But please, if you do argue against give a reason or proof why you disagree.
I agree that the Wind tribe might have evolved into the Oocca, but I strongly disagree with the tMC is first thing.

I see it like this:
........tWW--> PH --> tMC
....../
OoT
......\
.......MM-->TP

The windtribe would keep their human forms in the adult timeline, but change into the Oocca in the childtimeline (somewhere inbetween OoT and TP).

I always thought that the Oocca had a more human like form at on point in time, since their architecture seems to be made for humanoid beings, and the dominion rod also seems to be made for human usage.
And if we assume that the Windtribe has existed since OoT, they are the best choice for this human form.

Oh good theory by the way.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Missing Inaction Missing Inaction is a male United States Missing Inaction is offline
a theorist of a different color
View Posts: 1,863

It is possible that a tribe from before OoT became the Wind Tribe in the At and the Oocca in the CT. TMC is usually considered to be after PH. Here's a link to my thread on it.

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...efore-oot.html
I Corinthians 10:31
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Mogma

Well, my theory is just assuming that TMC is first, I've heard that somewhere and i'm not really much of a timeline theorist.

About the issues that the triforce was kept in the sacred realm unitl OoT, that's very true. So I guess without ingame quotes the Wind Tribe could not have held the triforce. But I couldd've sworn I heard something about it, oh well.

Of course it is possible that the Wind Tribe did not get the triforce until after OoT, because the light arrows are already a pretty important spiritual item, and the fact they had those shows the goddesses trusted them. Or maybe i'm just placing too much importance in the light arrows and it was just a cameo, who knows?

Thanks for the responses, I'd love for anyone else to give their two cents.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Guardian Dragon
Send a message via ICQ to Smertios Send a message via AIM to Smertios Send a message via Yahoo to Smertios Send a message via Skype™ to Smertios
View Posts: 2,256

Well, I don't really think that the Wind Tribe had the triforce ever. I also believe that there's already more than enough evidence to prove that TMC isn't before OoT.

As for the rest, well thought...
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Missing Inaction Missing Inaction is a male United States Missing Inaction is offline
a theorist of a different color
View Posts: 1,863

Quote:
Well, my theory is just assuming that TMC is first, I've heard that somewhere and i'm not really much of a timeline theorist.;
Accept the fact that TMC is NOT first, and you'll be a great timeline theorist! I gave you the link to my thread on the issue once, but it obviously didn't change your mind. There simply isn't a time before OoT for TMC to happen.
I Corinthians 10:31
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Mogma

Quote:
Accept the fact that TMC is NOT first, and you'll be a great timeline theorist! I gave you the link to my thread on the issue once, but it obviously didn't change your mind. There simply isn't a time before OoT for TMC to happen.
Well, I looked at it, but i got kinda confused. And actually, it does seem to me now that TMC is not first, and I always thought so because OoT explained the origins of the green clothes.

I've always wanted to use that buck tooth smiley.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Hylian
View Posts: 617

I like this theory! I don't see any real problems or anything!

Stories/Fanfics
Rebound
My BA Characters
Aiden
Nightbane

Tags
oocca, tribe, wind