Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-12-2007, 08:24 AM
I'm not afraid of Spassky!
View Posts: 1,162
The Alternate Timelines Timeline Theory

This theory is based on what Shigsy said about parallel timelines.

OoC
MM ----- OOS/OOA
TP ------ FS

TMC
ALTTP -- LOZ
LA ------ AOL

TWW

Link I: OoT: Finds hes the master, etc, goes off and kills Ganon and what have you.
MM: Goes off to search for Navi, ends up saving Termina and then goes home.
TP: Link joins a farm in Ordon for a place to live, then does his quest, and dies.

Link I Alternate Timeline: Does his OOT quest, but cant complete the MM quest, and gets stuck in a
three day-loop forever.
OoS/OoA: Having infinite time in MM, Link is called upon by spirits to do
the Oracle quest. He does it, then finds his way back home to
Hyrule.
FS: Link does this quest and then dies.

Link II: TMC: Uh Link does this quest
ALttP: Link II is called by Zelda to save her. He does so, and is a hero.
LA: Link goes off on a sea voyage, and it ends up this is the time Ganon is flooding Hyrule,
causing a big storm that puts Link into a deep sleep, where he has his little adventure, then
he finds that Hyrule is gone, and sets up a community on Outcast Island.

Link II Alternate Timeline: Fails in his ALttP quest, and the land sinks into turmoil
LoZ: Zelda hides the Triforce of Wisdom while Link II is in hiding, then he
comes back out and thrashes Ganon.
AoL: Does his job, then dies of old age.

Link III: TWW: The community Link set up on Outcast Island rears Link III (otherwise known as the
not-so great Link) and he has his little adventure.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Theorist of two sides
View Posts: 8,038
Re: The Alternate Timelines Timeline Theory

Urg...

1. It's Shiggy
2. Aunuma was the one that confirmed the split timeline.

3. The timeline which we know as of now is ...

OoT-TWW/PH
OoT/MM-TP

FSA-ALttP/LA-LoZ/AoL-OoS/OoA come after one of the timelines (We're not sure)

TMC and FS are debatable as to if the come pre-OoT.

And also do you have any proof whatsoever for this theory?

Best Theorist Fall 2007, Summer 2011 ; Most Devoted Theorist Summer 2010, Winter 2011, Summer 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv
You see, Pine, you and I - we're the superheroes of ZU.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Hylian Warlord
View Posts: 3,666

My alternate timeline is ALTTP, LOZ, AOL. Same Link same Zelda. Then OOT-MM-WW-TP various Links and Zeldas. (Ducks and runs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhelm View Post
polygamy is legal in Hyrule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaZealot View Post
No! Link will be a pedophile in the child timeline mark ZeldaZealot words!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv View Post
the Hero of Time was, technically, truly retarded.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Fight Smarter, not harder...
View Posts: 237

My idea is at the end of OoT there are two endings, 1. Link issent back before he puled the master sword 2. time continues after Ganon's defeat.
You see 2 timelines (alternate dimensions)
The one with gannon being defeated would have never hapened but stories of the great hero of time in TP and TWWprove it. Why do they call it "The Hero's Clothes"?
Plus if the dimension would never happen why would the goddesses allow and encourage link to save it.
TP Link and TWW Link aren't part of the blood line Jabbu Jabbu said it in wind waker(second time around in hylain text) because the original link was eliminated when sent back
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Theorist of two sides

Quote:
My alternate timeline is ALTTP, LOZ, AOL. Same Link same Zelda. Then OOT-MM-WW-TP various Links and Zeldas. (Ducks and runs)
Keep running.

WHY ALttP FIRST!?!

Quote:
You see 2 timelines
Everyone knows the timeline is a split. For those who don't belive it click the link in my sig that says "Aonuma confirmes split timeline".

Quote:
alternate dimensions
Alternate universes. A dimension is not time or space but size and matter.

Quote:
The one with gannon being defeated would have never hapened but stories of the great hero of time in TP and TWWprove it. Why do they call it "The Hero's Clothes"?
Plus if the dimension would never happen why would the goddesses allow and encourage link to save it.
TP Link and TWW Link aren't part of the blood line Jabbu Jabbu said it in wind waker(second time around in hylain text) because the original link was eliminated when sent back
So your timeline is?

Best Theorist Fall 2007, Summer 2011 ; Most Devoted Theorist Summer 2010, Winter 2011, Summer 2011

Quote:
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2007, 05:08 PM
Mixed feelings of elation
Send a message via AIM to Sentient
View Posts: 2,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicin Mor View Post
This theory is based on what Shigsy said about parallel timelines.

OoC
MM ----- OOS/OOA
TP ------ FS

TMC
ALTTP -- LOZ
LA ------ AOL

TWW
You only have three Links in your timeline. From what we know, there are 8 Links:
1) OoT/MM
2) TP
3) TWW/PH
4) TMC
5) FS/FSA
6) ALttP/LA
7) LoZ/AoL
8) OoX
Quote:
Link I: OoT: Finds he’s the master, etc, goes off and kills Ganon and what have you.
Ganon is not killed in OoT, Ganondorf just gets sealed into the Sacred Realm.
Quote:
TP: Link joins a farm in Ordon for a place to live, then does his quest, and dies.
There is at least a hundred years between OoT and TP, therefore it is impossible for TP Link to be the same as OoT Link.
Quote:
OoS/OoA: Having infinite time in MM, Link is called upon by spirits to do the Oracle quest. He does it, then finds his way back home to Hyrule.
So you're suggesting that after OoT splits the timeline, that MM creates another split, with a timeline where Links saves Termina, and one where he doesn't? Please explain how this would work, as well as give any evidence to support this. The Oracles cannot go after MM because the Oracles require Ganon to be dead and in possession of a trident, as well as for the Royal Family to be in possession of the ntire Triforce. Neither of these things happen in OoT, and so the Oracles cannot be placed after OoT/MM.
Quote:
FS: Link does this quest and then dies.
Link II: TMC: Uh… Link does this quest
TMC must be before FS as TMC explains the origins of Vaati and the Four Sword.
Quote:
ALttP: Link II is called by Zelda to save her. He does so, and is a hero.
It'd be best if you placed FSA between TMC-FS and ALttP, as FSA is not only the conclusion to the FS Saga, but also makes itself a very fitting prequel to ALttP.
Quote:
LA: Link goes off on a sea voyage, and it ends up this is the time Ganon is flooding Hyrule, causing a big storm that puts Link into a deep sleep, where he has his little adventure, then he finds that Hyrule is gone, and sets up a community on Outcast Island.
Ganon isn't flooding Hyrule in LA, Hyrule in ALttP already has a sea surrounding it. And even if the world were flooding in LA, it would not be Ganon doing the flooding, it would be the Goddesses, as TWW tells us that they brought about the Great Flood.
Quote:
Link III: TWW: The community Link set up on Outcast Island rears Link III (otherwise known as the not-so great Link) and he has his little adventure.
Do you have any evidence to support your theory of TWW being last in the timeline. Infact, do you ahve any evidence to support any part of your theory, as it was slightly lacking in the evidence department.

It's a nice try, but you need to rethink a few things.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2007, 01:03 AM
Hylian Warlord
View Posts: 3,666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecove View Post
Keep running.

WHY ALttP FIRST!?!
I used to subscribe to Nintendo Power and Gamepro magazines. (ahh great memories) and I specifically recall that on an issue (probably both mags) highlighting ALTTP mentioned the meaning to LINK TO THE PAST meant something like that it was a reference to what some of the creators wanted for the original LOZ to be like but other sources said timeline wise it was before the original LOZ but Link and Zelda were the SAME. (Cowers in fear) Any timeline guru feel free to kill me for such blashemy but understand that I realize these post OOT timelines have shown me the error of my ways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhelm View Post
polygamy is legal in Hyrule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaZealot View Post
No! Link will be a pedophile in the child timeline mark ZeldaZealot words!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv View Post
the Hero of Time was, technically, truly retarded.
Last Edited by Ganonslayer2000; 06-14-2007 at 01:31 AM. Reason:
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2007, 08:18 AM

[QUOTE]Everyone knows there is a split time line[/QUOTE]
What I was trying to say was trying to say was TP happens after OoT but before TWW not after MM.
Also I gave so much descriptive detail to...
Ssssshhhhhhuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnn the non beliiieeeeeverrs (Charlie) ssssshhhhhhuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnn....

and I'm sorry I used the word Dimensions
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2007, 08:19 AM

Sry computer messup...
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2007, 08:42 AM
Nathanial Rumphol-Janc Nathanial Rumphol-Janc is a male United States Nathanial Rumphol-Janc is offline
♥♥♥♥ My Life
Send a message via AIM to Nathanial Rumphol-Janc Send a message via Yahoo to Nathanial Rumphol-Janc
View Posts: 1,382

Timelines? Did somebody say TIMELINES!

Ok, well to start off this video can explain my theories way the hell better then me: YouTube - The Legend Of Zelda Retrospective Part 6

But here it goes: First game is The Minish cap. There are several reasons but one being the Picori sword and the hero is known as the hero of men, not the hero of time. Thus it would make perfect sense that it happens long before OoT comes about and Link joins the story. In TMC, the legendary hero named Bastion does not wear a hat. In the begining of TMC, Link doesn't wear one either until ezlo, a mage, was turned into one and catche's a ride on Link's head. From this point on every depiction of the legedary hero was depicted with a hat.

Second game then would have to be Ocarina of Time. Some very obvious reasons for this. Gannondorf and Ganon first enter the scene and the King does not know about his evilness yet. So, naturally, it fits.

Wait wait wait, now your going to yell at me. OoT has to be first. No ifs ands or buts about it. Well, every single game in the Zelda series "mentions" Ganon except TMC and MM. Assuming that MM is chronologicaly after OoT and not before, it would make sense that TMC happened again before OoT.

"but shiggy said in 98 that it was the first story!". Yeah, he said that six years before TMC got released. I'll take my chances it has changed.

Then it splits.

One side has Majora's mask. Now I am one that believes Clocktown is NOT an alternate universe but simply another land that is far away from Hyrule that most do not know about.

Given that, after MM link tries to return to Hyrule via the sea but gets ship wrecked. Enter Link's Awakening. Due to the ending of LA, it is figured it could of potentionally just been a dream. After all he wakes up floating in the water and the island is mysteriously gone. Further proof is the last fight. It's a shadow of Ganon which could be revealing his deapest fear or possibly his future.

So after he wakes up he continues to swim until he finally makes it back to hyrule where he finds out Ganon has won the war. With all equipment gone and needing to pick everything up, enter LOZ. You need to stop Ganon for a second time. Also it is very good to note that it is one of the few games that starts out where Ganon has already accomplished his goals. That is till link defeats him. Most of the other games have Ganon working towards his goal throughout the game with Link stopping him.

But wait, there were no towns or anything. It was not the same map! Simply enough. While link was away and the war was going on the people moved north to a map that was revealed in a later game.

Naturally Ganon won the war but wanted the triforce which we all know was broken up, gathered by link, then used with him to defeat the big man/beast.

The next game would then be AOL. WHy? The manual itself states it happens a bunch of seasons AFTER LOZ. It also good to note that just like the video says, the true Legend of Zelda is revealed and most likely happened long before any of the previous games but after TMC. It explains why all princess's are called Zelda.

After AOL is FSA. It happened AFTER TMC for sure because Vaati is already trapped within the picori sword. It had to happen though before ALTTP because once vaati is revealed as a minion of Ganon, he gets the trident of power. Due to other timeline issues, it can be placed before the games before it.

Naturally that leads into Alttp.

Now I'll hop to the other side. Naturally the TWW happens over here, but we do know that TP happens before TWW. So it would go on this side:
OoT - TP - TWW. I don't really feel that order needs explaining.

On both sides of the spectrum, TWW and ALTTP supposedly have reset the triforce. WHy is this important? Enter Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages.

I have no true theory of which one goes in which timeline but it is very clear they happen at the same time and they both have the triforce reset right away, which would lead to alttp and TWW being where they are.

So in short here is the theory.

TMC
OOT
MM TP
LA TWW
LOZ PH (no theories yet for obvious reasons)
AOL OOS/OOA
FSA
ALTTP
OOA/OOS

So there you have it, my own theory. I was extremely happy when that video came out because it talks about and illustrates my exact timeline theory to a T.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Lol, King of Darkness
View Posts: 3,400

No offence Nathan, but the entire timeline community has come to the unanimous conclusion that the the Zelda Retrospective video is ****. It made up so much crap (like the King of Hyrule being the Hero of Men) and it ignored so many inconsistencies. And the crowning glory, the linked Oracles game is a direct sequel to the first Oracles game so they can't take place in separate timelines!

One thing we know for certain is that every game connects to one previous title in the series. From this, we can construct a series of arcs to place the games in.

1) ALTTP > LA > (Oracles) > LoZ > AoL > (Oracles) *Oracles is optional
2) OoT > MM > TP
3) OoT > TWW > PH
4) TMC > FS > FSA

How you want to order these arcs is up to you, but remember that ALTTP takes place after OoT.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2007, 09:01 AM
Nathanial Rumphol-Janc Nathanial Rumphol-Janc is a male United States Nathanial Rumphol-Janc is offline
♥♥♥♥ My Life
Send a message via AIM to Nathanial Rumphol-Janc Send a message via Yahoo to Nathanial Rumphol-Janc

Did you notice in my "text" theory that I don't exactly mention it. Just because some stuff they claim is made up, like Bastian being king, doesn't mean the video is CRAP. Seriously, how much stuff does everyone else make up or assume. For their own purposes, Bastian is King. To me, it's irrelevant to the timeline so it's a detail that doesn't matter. Prove my textual part wrong, not the video.

As for the oracle games: It doesn't matter to me that there supposed DIrect Sequels. There practically the same game with the same stuff happening. Just one does time travel the other does seasons. They could EASILY be happening at the same time. Specially when you toss in the trading sequence which yes, does directly connect the games (after you have already beaten them IMO). That means it would be a perfect ending because it brings the two split ends together in the end. Oh wait... did I just place them in seperate timelines but have them still stay connected?

I believe I just did. It can be done. It's a matter of opinion. It's a theory. No one is right, no one is wrong.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Lol, King of Darkness
View Posts: 3,400

Since the Oracles story expands over both games, Nintendo gave players the chance to play the games in the order of their choice. But the scene with the Triforce before the title screen represents what happens in a non-linked game, not a linked game as Game Trailers said. What happens in the linked game takes place months or maybe years after the non-linked game, not at the same time.

Anyway, about the timeline. Although I can't connect all the games in one order, I can explain the arcs which I identified in my last post.

First of all, LoZ and AoL are two parts of the same story; that's obvious. But AoL's manual explains that the original Princess Zelda was put to sleep AFTER the Triforce was separated by the King of Hyrule (not Ganon) and the Triforce of Courage hidden away in AoL's final dungeon. By that logic, no game featuring the whole Triforce can take place before LoZ, but that is exactly what happens, so we submit that the Sleeping Zelda story has simply been retconned.

ALTTP explains the origins of Hyrule, the Triforce and of Ganon, so we know it takes place before LoZ. The box cover for ALTTP also says that Link and Zelda are the ancestors of the original characters, so that proves ALTTP comes before LoZ. LA's manual then refers to the events of ALTTP, so we know it is a direct sequel to ALTTP. Skipping ahead to Oracles, the state of the Triforce places it either after ALTTP/LA or after AoL. It doesn't matter which.

ALTTP > LA > (Oracles) > LoZ > AoL (Oracles)

Now, OoT takes place in the age of the Hylians, so we know it takes place long before ALTTP. MM is the direct sequel to OoT in the child timeline because it features the Hero of Time, and TP has been confirmed by the developers to also take place in the child timeline. In the adult timeline, we are told about the great flood so we know TWW takes place then and PH follows the events of TWW.

OoT > MM > TP
OoT > TWW > PH

As for the Four Swords games, FS was originally made as a stand-alone adventure, with TMC as its prequel and FSA as its sequel. Developer comments place the trilogy at the beginning of the timeline, but FSA's game content suggests it takes place before ALTTP. It's incredibly debatable as to whether these games connect to the main series in a meaningful way, so I'm leaving that there.

TMC > FS > FSA
Last Edited by Raian; 06-14-2007 at 09:31 AM. Reason:
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Mixed feelings of elation
Send a message via AIM to Sentient
View Posts: 2,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWLinkMasterX View Post
Everyone knows there is a split time lineE]
What I was trying to say was trying to say was TP happens after OoT but before TWW not after MM.
Aonuma has told us that TP and TWW are parellel, meaning they take place at the same time in different timelines. So as the events of TP are occuring in the child timeline, the events of TWW are happening in the adult timeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post

Ok, well to start off this video can explain my theories way the hell better then me: YouTube - The Legend Of Zelda Retrospective Part 6

But here it goes: First game is The Minish cap. There are several reasons but one being the Picori sword and the hero is known as the hero of men, not the hero of time. Thus it would make perfect sense that it happens long before OoT comes about and Link joins the story.
By that logic I could place TWW before OoT because it stars the Hero of Winds and not the Hero of Time. The name of a hero doesn't factor into where a game should be placed at all. Actually, the fact that he's called the Hero of Men is rather more against a pre-OoT placement of TMC than it is for it, as OoT and before is the time of the Hylians, not men.
Quote:
In TMC, the legendary hero named Bastion does not wear a hat. In the begining of TMC, Link doesn't wear one either until ezlo, a mage, was turned into one and catche's a ride on Link's head. From this point on every depiction of the legedary hero was depicted with a hat.
Link and the HoM being hatless is probably just a gameplay device that allows for Ezlo to be what he is.
Quote:
Wait wait wait, now your going to yell at me. OoT has to be first. No ifs ands or buts about it. Well, every single game in the Zelda series "mentions" Ganon except TMC and MM. Assuming that MM is chronologicaly after OoT and not before, it would make sense that TMC happened again before OoT.
That, or Ganon/dorf wasn't relevant to the storyline of TMC and so thusly wasn't mentioned.
Quote:
"but shiggy said in 98 that it was the first story!". Yeah, he said that six years before TMC got released. I'll take my chances it has changed.
The VC description of OoT describes it as the first adventure of Link and Zelda, and this was a mere few months ago.
Quote:
Given that, after MM link tries to return to Hyrule via the sea but gets ship wrecked. Enter Link's Awakening. Due to the ending of LA, it is figured it could of potentionally just been a dream. After all he wakes up floating in the water and the island is mysteriously gone. Further proof is the last fight. It's a shadow of Ganon which could be revealing his deapest fear or possibly his future.
LA's manual makes it clear that it is a direct sequel to ALttP, because it mentions that LA Link had both killed Ganon and fulfilled a Hyrulean prophecy. OoT Link did neither of these, whilst ALttP Link did both, and is the only Link to do so.
Quote:
So after he wakes up he continues to swim until he finally makes it back to hyrule where he finds out Ganon has won the war. With all equipment gone and needing to pick everything up, enter LOZ. You need to stop Ganon for a second time. Also it is very good to note that it is one of the few games that starts out where Ganon has already accomplished his goals. That is till link defeats him. Most of the other games have Ganon working towards his goal throughout the game with Link stopping him.
LoZ's manual describes Link as an unknown traveller, indicating he has not been in Hyrule before and has therefore not saved it numerous times.
Quote:
The next game would then be AOL. WHy? The manual itself states it happens a bunch of seasons AFTER LOZ. It also good to note that just like the video says, the true Legend of Zelda is revealed and most likely happened long before any of the previous games but after TMC. It explains why all princess's are called Zelda.
The sleeping Zelda story requires the Royal Family to be in possession of the whole Triforce. The only game where this scenario can follow is ALttP.
Quote:
After AOL is FSA. It happened AFTER TMC for sure because Vaati is already trapped within the picori sword. It had to happen though before ALTTP because once vaati is revealed as a minion of Ganon, he gets the trident of power. Due to other timeline issues, it can be placed before the games before it.
ALttP is before LoZ/AoL, because the box of ALttP states that the ALttP Link and Zelda are the ancestors of the Link and Zelda from LoZ.
Quote:
Now I'll hop to the other side. Naturally the TWW happens over here, but we do know that TP happens before TWW. So it would go on this side:
OoT - TP - TWW. I don't really feel that order needs explaining.
Aonuma confirmed the split timeline and explained that TP and TWW are parellel, meaning that TP is on the child timeline with MM, and TWW is on the adult timeline.
Quote:
On both sides of the spectrum, TWW and ALTTP supposedly have reset the triforce. WHy is this important? Enter Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages.

I have no true theory of which one goes in which timeline but it is very clear they happen at the same time and they both have the triforce reset right away, which would lead to alttp and TWW being where they are.
The Oracles take place in the same timeline, since they have a linked ending, and that cannot happen if the two are on seperate timelines. Also, the Oracles must come after a game that can lead to the Royal Family being in possession of the entire Triforce. ALttP/LA and LoZ/AoL are the only two games that the Oracles can logically take place afterwards.
Quote:
So there you have it, my own theory. I was extremely happy when that video came out because it talks about and illustrates my exact timeline theory to a T.
Sorry to disappoint you, but most people consider the GameTrailers timeline to be one of the worst timeline theories ever made. It has literally no valid evidence supporting it, and totally ignores most things we are told by the games.
Quote:
As for the oracle games: It doesn't matter to me that there supposed DIrect Sequels. There practically the same game with the same stuff happening. Just one does time travel the other does seasons. They could EASILY be happening at the same time. Specially when you toss in the trading sequence which yes, does directly connect the games (after you have already beaten them IMO). That means it would be a perfect ending because it brings the two split ends together in the end. Oh wait... did I just place them in seperate timelines but have them still stay connected?

I believe I just did. It can be done. It's a matter of opinion. It's a theory. No one is right, no one is wrong.
There are many rights and wrongs in the world of theorizing, as well as many ambigous things. The Oracles being on seperate timelines is one of the wrongs, I'm sorry to say.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2007, 04:55 PM
It is a good test of a head to stand on it.
Send a message via AIM to HurriSbezu
View Posts: 4,394

Quote:
But here it goes: First game is The Minish cap. There are several reasons but one being the Picori sword and the hero is known as the hero of men, not the hero of time. Thus it would make perfect sense that it happens long before OoT comes about and Link joins the story. In TMC, the legendary hero named Bastion does not wear a hat. In the begining of TMC, Link doesn't wear one either until ezlo, a mage, was turned into one and catche's a ride on Link's head. From this point on every depiction of the legedary hero was depicted with a hat.
Where did you get the name Bastion? I thought that the hero of men was Swiftblade the First . . .
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2007, 05:10 PM
Theorist of two sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWLinkMasterX View Post
Quote:
Everyone knows there is a split time line

Also I gave so much descriptive detail to...

Ssssshhhhhhuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnn the non beliiieeeeeverrs (Charlie) ssssshhhhhhuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnn....

and I'm sorry I used the word Dimensions
TP and TWW ocur in seperate timelines.

Hence the sentence from Aonuma "TWW is Parrallel to TP".

Quote:
Where did you get the name Bastion? I thought that the hero of men was Swiftblade the First . . .
Fan fic. There is no such character named Bastion.

Quote:
Oh god please not this again.

I don't mind TMC coming first seeing as 1. I belive it does 2. It's debatable but the timeline has soooo many faults it's not funny.

Quote:
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2007, 08:42 PM
♥♥♥♥ My Life

All valid arguments. Sure. ganon may noth have been mentioned in TMC because it was irrelevant to the story. Sure, and there may not even be a timeline at all. Thats true as well.

It's a fact used to argue it;s place in the series. You would figure if TMC is in fact part of a timeline, in order for it to fit properly the "legends" would have to have SOMETHING to do with the timeline. The fact the legends never mention ganon, a hero wearing a hat, or Zelda herself would lay stakes to the claim that none of it existed, or went into action, prior to TMC.

In LA, the manuel does in fact say he killed Ganon and fullfilled a prophecy. What was all that OoT buisness about. Last I checked, on the side of the split I placed the game, Link could be interpreted as "killing ganon". Technically he was just sealed back into the sacred realm, but if you honestly do the final battle and watch the end it can be interrpreted as Ganon being killed. Again, it's all about how you percieve it. that means, to me, it does NOT have to be a direct sequel to ALTTP.

In terms of LOZ's manuel talking about the "unkown traveler" stuff. You should note that LOZ was the very first Zelda game ever made. The one that started it all. It was not intended to ever become a franchise let alone have any sort of timeline. Naturally this would mean that manual in fact could indeed be false in today's world given the intention of the game upon release.

Ahh yes, the sleeping Zelda theories. Where as I do understand the need of the royal family to have possesion of the entire triforce, there is no reason to belive that prior to alttp they had never once, in all the years discussed by nintendo and those never mentioned, that they in fact never had it prior to alttp. One can assume at one point they did, even if it was for a short period in time, in some story we have yet to hear about.

As for the "box" of Alttp being used in arguement of it's placement. ALTHough a valid argument (hard to believe I actually have the original ALTTP box still) you could again, assume like I did with LOZ, that the games that followed were made the stuff said in the ones prior via manuals and box's to be somewhat untrue due to the not planning ahead theory. Again, not onjly was Zelda intended tobe the franchise it is today, it was never originally intended to have any sort of storyline at all. It was just... there,happening, with some brief and minor links to the ones before it.

"Aonuma confirmed the split timeline and explained that TP and TWW are parellel, meaning that TP is on the child timeline with MM, and TWW is on the adult timeline."

Can I please get a link to this? If this is true this will infact bring some great revelations I have had about the child timeline. From all I have seen he merely confirmed the timeline was split.
"The Oracles take place in the same timeline, since they have a linked ending, and that cannot happen if the two are on seperate timelines. Also, the Oracles must come after a game that can lead to the Royal Family being in possession of the entire Triforce. ALttP/LA and LoZ/AoL are the only two games that the Oracles can logically take place afterwards."

Or, there is a game yet to be released that will explain it. In a never ending series like Zelda, I have to always keep my mind open. Like I said though if TP is in fact in the child timeline then my entire theory will be reworked. TP actually became a key part to why I put an oracle game in here.

I also felt with the oracle games, even though they are linked, was a perfect reason for why they were indeed at the end. To be the "end" of the timeline. It would "link" the two timelines back together to thus create the end. Much like there was one game to begin it all.

My point is, the reason you and I are here making up ideas for a timeline is because it was never planned out as they went along. Meaning, that since nintendo now claims there is one, many of the older information that is not included with the game itself may indeed be wrong. This includes, box's, manual's. etc. This is through the fault of nintendo. they never thought it through.

This is just one of my theories. It was strong based around TP being in the adult side, and I suppose I used too much of hte video in deciding how to present it.

I am a very strong believers in the Zelda sleeping from AOL being the true "legend" of Zelda and thus the event of her being put to sleep is one of the VERY FIRST things to happen. AOL to me simply happened "many years after" this event. Maybe even hundreds. I think the event predates OoT and even with a better arguement for TMC being the first game, the story or event itself COULD predate even TMC. Thus, anything in my theory BEFORE TMC, before Link, Before ganon was even around, before all that jazz could in fact be a point where the royal family protected the triforce as a whole and it remained that way until the Prince got selfish. Ganon then enters the scene but much later after she is already in her endless sleep. The story potentionally could fit after TMC and before OoT, but it's much harder to stick it in there because the family really never had the entire triforce inbetween TMC and OOT. So I assume the story happened in a time long before TMC, hell maybe for the supposed time of Bastian.

And Yes, Bastian is from a very popular fanfic that just decided to put a name to the man in the legend mentioned in TMC. It's actually a really good read but is irrelevant. It's just become a common case for people to call him bastion. Most people tend to understand what were referring to. I think the argument of no hat is more so the cause of claim then a name. Hero of this, hero of that, really means nothing. Obviously "hero of time" is reffering back to OoT and such, but it's just a name the "people" place upon a hero.
Last Edited by Nathanial Rumphol-Janc; 06-16-2007 at 08:52 PM. Reason:
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 70

Okay here is my idea, I know its wrong and makes no sense and that I have not done the extensive Zelda Research that most of you have done. So here it is. Most every Zelda game has a totally different plot, different towns, and different characters. All of the games take place in different times and possibly different dimensions. But they all have the following, Zelda, Link, some form of the Triforce, and an evil god-like being like Ganon. In Oot is says that the godesses created Hyrule and the Triforce which also created the Sacred Realm. After the godesses left the Trifore's power transformed something into an evil force of death and a hero rises up to save the day like always. Perhaps the godesses learned of the evil in the land and created a hero, Link, to save the day. This would explain why Link is always young and not older. This is just my idea, I dont know if this is right, I am just posting it because I want to.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Theorist of two sides

Quote:
All valid arguments. Sure. ganon may noth have been mentioned in TMC because it was irrelevant to the story. Sure, and there may not even be a timeline at all. Thats true as well.

It's a fact used to argue it;s place in the series. You would figure if TMC is in fact part of a timeline, in order for it to fit properly the "legends" would have to have SOMETHING to do with the timeline. The fact the legends never mention ganon, a hero wearing a hat, or Zelda herself would lay stakes to the claim that none of it existed, or went into action, prior to TMC.

In LA, the manuel does in fact say he killed Ganon and fullfilled a prophecy. What was all that OoT buisness about. Last I checked, on the side of the split I placed the game, Link could be interpreted as "killing ganon". Technically he was just sealed back into the sacred realm, but if you honestly do the final battle and watch the end it can be interrpreted as Ganon being killed. Again, it's all about how you percieve it. that means, to me, it does NOT have to be a direct sequel to ALTTP.

In terms of LOZ's manuel talking about the "unkown traveler" stuff. You should note that LOZ was the very first Zelda game ever made. The one that started it all. It was not intended to ever become a franchise let alone have any sort of timeline. Naturally this would mean that manual in fact could indeed be false in today's world given the intention of the game upon release.

Ahh yes, the sleeping Zelda theories. Where as I do understand the need of the royal family to have possesion of the entire triforce, there is no reason to belive that prior to alttp they had never once, in all the years discussed by nintendo and those never mentioned, that they in fact never had it prior to alttp. One can assume at one point they did, even if it was for a short period in time, in some story we have yet to hear about.

As for the "box" of Alttp being used in arguement of it's placement. ALTHough a valid argument (hard to believe I actually have the original ALTTP box still) you could again, assume like I did with LOZ, that the games that followed were made the stuff said in the ones prior via manuals and box's to be somewhat untrue due to the not planning ahead theory. Again, not onjly was Zelda intended tobe the franchise it is today, it was never originally intended to have any sort of storyline at all. It was just... there,happening, with some brief and minor links to the ones before it.

"Aonuma confirmed the split timeline and explained that TP and TWW are parellel, meaning that TP is on the child timeline with MM, and TWW is on the adult timeline."

Can I please get a link to this? If this is true this will infact bring some great revelations I have had about the child timeline. From all I have seen he merely confirmed the timeline was split.
"The Oracles take place in the same timeline, since they have a linked ending, and that cannot happen if the two are on seperate timelines. Also, the Oracles must come after a game that can lead to the Royal Family being in possession of the entire Triforce. ALttP/LA and LoZ/AoL are the only two games that the Oracles can logically take place afterwards."

Or, there is a game yet to be released that will explain it. In a never ending series like Zelda, I have to always keep my mind open. Like I said though if TP is in fact in the child timeline then my entire theory will be reworked. TP actually became a key part to why I put an oracle game in here.

I also felt with the oracle games, even though they are linked, was a perfect reason for why they were indeed at the end. To be the "end" of the timeline. It would "link" the two timelines back together to thus create the end. Much like there was one game to begin it all.

My point is, the reason you and I are here making up ideas for a timeline is because it was never planned out as they went along. Meaning, that since nintendo now claims there is one, many of the older information that is not included with the game itself may indeed be wrong. This includes, box's, manual's. etc. This is through the fault of nintendo. they never thought it through.

This is just one of my theories. It was strong based around TP being in the adult side, and I suppose I used too much of hte video in deciding how to present it.

I am a very strong believers in the Zelda sleeping from AOL being the true "legend" of Zelda and thus the event of her being put to sleep is one of the VERY FIRST things to happen. AOL to me simply happened "many years after" this event. Maybe even hundreds. I think the event predates OoT and even with a better arguement for TMC being the first game, the story or event itself COULD predate even TMC. Thus, anything in my theory BEFORE TMC, before Link, Before ganon was even around, before all that jazz could in fact be a point where the royal family protected the triforce as a whole and it remained that way until the Prince got selfish. Ganon then enters the scene but much later after she is already in her endless sleep. The story potentionally could fit after TMC and before OoT, but it's much harder to stick it in there because the family really never had the entire triforce inbetween TMC and OOT. So I assume the story happened in a time long before TMC, hell maybe for the supposed time of Bastian.

And Yes, Bastian is from a very popular fanfic that just decided to put a name to the man in the legend mentioned in TMC. It's actually a really good read but is irrelevant. It's just become a common case for people to call him bastion. Most people tend to understand what were referring to. I think the argument of no hat is more so the cause of claim then a name. Hero of this, hero of that, really means nothing. Obviously "hero of time" is reffering back to OoT and such, but it's just a name the "people" place upon a hero.
1. There is most definaly as timeline through and through.

2. I DON'T see what your saying.

3. a) Ganon was only sealed (not even killed) in the adult timeline.
b) It said the prophecy with knights blood. The only Link we know with knight blood is in ALttP because he can pull the MS.
Quote:
Keeping the knights line true
4. If that was so they would have made a re-release of the game.

5. um NO! This would not work. You my friend are using a theory called idiocy predicting. I use a theory called proof.

6. HOWEVER ALttP was STILL made a a prequal to LoZ not a sequal especially with the origin of the Silver Arrows.

7. Look in the link in my sig "Aonuma confirmes split timeline" It's there and it came from Nintendori.

8. Once agian your using idioocy logic.

With your logic I could say the timeline goes FSA-MM-PH-ALttP-TMC-OoT-AoL-FS-split. And say that games to be released will explain it all.

9. You can have OoT-Slepping pricess-LoZ/AoL or Sleeping princess-LoZ/AoL-OoT. You'd have to place AoL before OoT.

10. Most evidance points to saying Swiftblade is the HoM. Bastion is comlete Fan-fic. Fan-fic CAN NOT be used for evidance.

Quote:
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-20-2007, 09:36 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 3

Gametrailers.com - The Source For Video Game Media
if you guys see part 6 they give a time line that i think is very good but if you have passed TP then you know that it is all wrong but counting out TP and PH i think that it woude be the correct time line
Closed Thread

Tags
alternate, theory, timeline, timelines