Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Why so serious?
Send a message via AIM to Ogmios22188
View Posts: 2,740
Re: Revelations from the official aLttP guide book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentient View Post
Yes, unless you want to use fanfiction to explain his revival rather than in-game evidence.
All the backstory says is that he entered the Sacred Realm to get the Triforce. The fact that he died and was revived is not necessarily pertinent to this, only the fact that he is now alive. I still think we need another game to fully explain this.

Thanks to Malony for the amazing avatar and signature.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Mixed feelings of elation
Send a message via AIM to Sentient
View Posts: 2,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogmios22188
All the backstory says is that he entered the Sacred Realm to get the Triforce. The fact that he died and was revived is not necessarily pertinent to this, only the fact that he is now alive. I still think we need another game to fully explain this.
FSA Ganon and ALttP Ganon are one and the same, since FSA shows Ganon's first acquirement of the Trident, which he still wields in ALttP. FSA explains Ganon's revival after his death in TP/TWW (depends whether you place FSA and ALttP on the child or adult timeline), where as ALttP on it's own offers no explanation for the revival of Ganon, and so we must place FSA immediately before it on the same timeline.
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,982

I wouldn't say FSA and ALttP Ganon are necessarily one and the same. It's heavily implied, yes, but FSA ends with Ganon sealed in the Four Sword, and he hasn't escaped yet.
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Why so serious?
Send a message via AIM to Ogmios22188
View Posts: 2,740

Exactly, which is why I said we need at least one more game to help us out.

Thanks to Malony for the amazing avatar and signature.
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Fabulous

Personally, I'd say it's a good possibility that FSA might be on its own timeline.
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexLionHart
I wouldn't say FSA and ALttP Ganon are necessarily one and the same. It's heavily implied, yes, but FSA ends with Ganon sealed in the Four Sword, and he hasn't escaped yet.
This is where I see the Palace of the Four Sword finally being of some use regarding the timeline. In ALttP, the PotFS is in the Dark World (Sacred Realm), and contains the four fragments of the Four Sword. When Ganon was sealed inside the Four Sword at the end of FSA, we see a pyramid seal surrounding the FS itself at the end. This is very similar to another sealing of Ganon in the Dark World (Sacred Realm):

Is it beyond reason to say that when that seal was placed around the Four Sword, it would make the objects inside the seal be transported to the Dark World (which was the Sacred Realm at the time)? If this is the case, then it would explain both the Four Swords presence in the Dark World (Sacred Reakm), as well as how Ganon rediscovered the Sacred Realm in ALttP (he rediscovered it when he broke free of the Four Sword).
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Fabulous

I actually like that idea (having been the one to originally pose it, I think), but the main problem is convincing people that the Four Sword Palace in ALttP is a statement of developer intent, if not outright canonical. It removes the need to speculate as to what happened to cause Ganon to get into the Dark World in ALttP, as well as the need for a Seal War apart from OoT.

TP was a step in the right direction; it showed us that being sealed inside of an item denotes being sent to another world.
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexLionHart
I actually like that idea (having been the one to originally pose it, I think), but the main problem is convincing people that the Four Sword Palace in ALttP is a statement of developer intent, if not outright canonical. It removes the need to speculate as to what happened to cause Ganon to get into the Dark World in ALttP, as well as the need for a Seal War apart from OoT.

TP was a step in the right direction; it showed us that being sealed inside of an item denotes being sent to another world.
You just made my day. I think this is the first time I haven't lost a debate with you .

Anyways, some people consider the PotFS canon, some don't. It all comes down to personal interpretation really, so it doesn't really matter that much if people disregard it, as it's their choice.

Tags
alttp, book, guide, official, revelations