Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Resting Bιtchface Syndrome Sufferer
Send a message via AIM to Slur Send a message via Skype™ to Slur

View Posts: 5,325
Slur's Views on Geography and the Split Timeline

As we know fortunately or unfortunately Aonuma confirmed the split timeline. Though I was very disappointed at first (I thought I’d never understand the mechanics or never be able to create a theory again) but now I realized something about the split timeline. Many things stay the same, the timeline that I follow is able to be the same in terms of order. But many things change too.
I bet most of us would assume that geography, people, landscapes, and layout would all be different because of the split, but that’s not true. We can use games on the Child Timeline to learn about the Adult Timeline. The main thing I noticed is our geography factor.

We know that the split timeline starts like this (in most of our cases anyway):

TWWPH
OoT <
MMTP

This is essentially how most of the theorists timelines start out/have a similar pattern. Now if we look at this we see OoT, but then MM branch out on one part and TWW branch out on another. MM goes along with OoT so MM is cancelled out, and we know nothing about PH so ignore it. Now all we have left is this:

(Pre-WW events)TWW—X
OoT <
TP

Now if nothing major like an earthquake or a giant asteroid striking Hyrule happens we are safe. Pre-WW and TP match up, but they are on different timelines. So sad T_T ….wait? Not sad? This could actually be a good thing? Yes, it can. Even though the timelines are different they take place in parallel dimensions/universes. I don’t know, whatever you want to call it. Right when the split occurs we can safely assume OoT has the same geography in both parallels. And up to the flood both worlds are the same.
If this is the case we can still use our TP the TWW geography connection theories! C’mon people dig them out of the trash! Revive them! They are still useful! Who cares if it takes place in a completely different parallel they have the same geography and they can be used to match up islands with landmarks. Linearist old ways are still good in theory.

Events…events…Pre-Tww
OoT< Geography = Consistant
Events…events…TP

Using this idea when can compare geography between games but over the dimensions. And it doesn’t end at geography.
Please tell me what you think, and of course I expect tons of criticism from many ^^
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Tingle Slave
View Posts: 702
Re: Slur's Views on Geography and the Split Timeline

I don't mean this to sound insulting or anything, but it seems like all the new people to the split idea since this confirmation are just now realizing the conclusions I came to a long time ago for my own split timeline idea.

I mean those of us who have had the split in mind all this time have already thought through most of the things that are popping up just now for people, and it leads me to believe people were just ignoring the ideas of the split people completely when they had the linear one in mind.

That kinda sucks, because I definitely thought my own linear timeline through while I had my split one. It's good to always think things through from both sides. Actually, the only reason I chose the split over the linear was because I liked what happened to the story more.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-14-2007, 03:10 PM

I know what you mean, and it's not that I ignored them it was a matter of:

-Interest in the Subject, like if I see a geography topic I'll be glued to it. A Master Sword Topic...not so much.

-Understanding, I never thought I could understand the split timeline, but now I do. I had a mini-ephiphany and I decided to say this. I never saw any topics like this ever so I though what the heck? Why don't I make one.

I presented this idea to one of the wisemen. He said, "It's a good idea, but it will be hard for some to accept."

Now it sounds like you had this idea for a while...

So, No I'm not insulted in anyway ^^
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Anouki
View Posts: 43

I don't see why it would be "hard to accept". It still works perfectly with what was discussed in MoALTTP's geography thread.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applequeso
I don't see why it would be "hard to accept". It still works perfectly with what was discussed in MoALTTP's geography thread.
It would be hard for SOME to accept because we have some different people here who don't want to believe certain things.
Correct, this goes along just with SG's and Master's threads.

------*New*------
Using logic and taking the ideas from my first topic certain item related issues will make sense. But that is depending on the timeline.
For example let's say your timeline is:

........TWW-PH-TMC-FS-FSA
OoT<
........MM-TP-ALttP-LA-OoA/OoS-LoZ-AoL

This could explain why there are two tridents, two cains, two ects. That is why items would have a different name because it is named after someone/something else.
Items aren't good in theorising but this could be something.
ie. Cain of Somaria in ALttP, Cain of Pacci in TMC.
Ganon has the trident in ALttP, Gannon has the trident in FSA

But that is a bit random and most likely NOT the case.

Tags
geography, slur, split, timeline, views