Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2007, 04:01 AM
Hylian Knight
View Posts: 2,574
Smile The evidence that supports the split-timeline.

Hey everyone, welcome to my thread.

I just realised that in TWW, the Hero is not a descendant of OoT Link. But the hero in TP is a descendant of OoT Link, it could be argued. And there is some great evidence supporting that and those of you who have received all 7 hidden skills in TP would know.

If I was to say there is a split-timeline, which splits at the end of OoT look at what would happen: Adult ending - Link goes back to Child ending, there is no Hero left in this time. Child ending - There is one Hero; the one who travelled through time. Now that piece of evidence explains why TWW Link was not related to OoT Link. It also explains why TP Link is possibly related to the Hero from OoT.

I'm also going to go as far as saying that the events of TP and TWW are both destiny, but TWW is the story we see without the Hero of Time being there to continue his bloodline in, and TP is the exact same story but with the Hero of Time continuing his bloodline in. But due to the Hero not being there in TWW timeline, it changes the setting, plot (slightly, etc. Thus becoming a different story but still involving the triforce and the destiny of Zelda, the Hero and Ganondorf.

Also, In TWW early on The King of Red Lions first refers to Ganondorf as "Ganon" and not "Ganondorf". Why is this? Because Ganondorf was last known in OoT (adult-ending) as Ganon and the legend was passes down as Ganon. But in the TP ending, Ganondorf wasn't even a known person (as far as what we see) by the people of Hyrule, except ofcourse the sages who protect the Twilight Mirror (the only connection left between the Twilight Realm and Hyrule. Ganondorf couldn't have come from the adult-ending because he had not yet even yet been blessed by the goddesses with "the power of the gods".

One more thing that proves the split-timeline is: In the child-timeline, the "Triforce", known in TP as "the power of the gods", is never referred to as the "triforce". Why could this be? Because the word "triforce" was probably forgotten over the years. Why it wasn't forgotten in TWW? Because the Hero of Time defeating Ganon was one of their greatest marks in their history, so it was recorded and remembered. Then Link was sent back to the child-timeline, then when Ganondorf returned, he turned Hyrule all to darkness. Then the godesses began a downpour that flooded all of Hyrule. The godesses would have done the exact same thing in TP if there was no hero "which wielded the triforce of courage" to slay Ganondorf and return peace to the sacred land.

This is all coming from a open-minded theorist.

Discuss.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Substitue
Send a message via Skype™ to Foo

View Posts: 2,291
Re: The evidence that supports the split-timeline.

How is any of this "evidence"?

Taking simple facts (such as the altered references to the Triforce) or even decent assumptions (such as the lineage of heroes) and building your own stories around them (inducting, speculating, whatev.) just gives you made up stories. Imaginaings astraight from the top of your own head. Your assumptions on names and destiny could be correct... but so could a million other such ideas; there is no proof for any of them. And suggesting that we use your own stories, rather than canon, is a tad crazified...
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Anouki
View Posts: 53

I think that nearly all the points you've taken could be taken for granted also saying TP is after WW, without necessarily saying there's a split timeline. So, I don't think those are evidences.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2007, 11:55 AM
x_o ...don't run with scizssors.
View Posts: 1,210

He is refered to as both "Ganon" and "Ganondorf" throughout WW. He calls himself Ganondorf. Even the KoRL uses the term interchangably.

Also, I was hoping to use this bit of information later, but alas, you force me to use my trump card.

The whole basis of any Split theory is that MM and WW happen in different timelines. This is because of the stained glass windows of all the sages from the Adult "timeline". You can find these behind those giant knight statues in the chamber of the mastersword beneath hyrule castle.

But...

the KoRL tells link that after the hero of time saved hyrule, he went of a journey, leaving the triforce of courage behind him. MM anyone?

Quote: "Hoover dam! We're still in New York!!" - Skipper

Zelda Manga.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Why so serious?
Send a message via AIM to Ogmios22188
View Posts: 2,740

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_link View Post
the KoRL tells link that after the hero of time saved hyrule, he went of a journey, leaving the triforce of courage behind him. MM anyone?
This could just as easily refer to him returning to his own time.

Thanks to Malony for the amazing avatar and signature.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogmios22188 View Post
This could just as easily refer to him returning to his own time.
But, when he went back to his own time, he didn't leave the triforce of courage behind. He took it with him, and when he went through that trippy world portal to termina, the triforce of courage was left behind.

Zelda Manga.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Bombardment!
View Posts: 205

Quote:
But, when he went back to his own time, he didn't leave the triforce of courage behind. He took it with him, and when he went through that trippy world portal to termina, the triforce of courage was left behind.
In OoT young Link never proves that he has the triforce, so may be suggested that only his adult version is in possesion of it.

Credit to Ed6 for my siggie!
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 398

I don't get nothing since i don't have TP

Best friends:DekuDan13,Bingo675,Brian,-Yeto-,LinkdOOd110,Lules,Windy(\/\/ind \/\/aker),xXxMidnaxXx

"It hurts to love someone that doesn't love you...."/
Red's PokePet

Whizzer the level 74 Scyther!
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2007, 05:35 PM

This isn't about TP. The deciding factor in this debate is whether Child Link has the triforce of courage. Darn it, there must be something! Now I must replay the ending of OoT and the begining of MM!!!

Zelda Manga.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Banned User
View Posts: 2,255

Quote:
I shall now play my trump card. lol
Just because someone has the mark on their hand DOES NOT mean they have any part of the triforce. If you have seen the intro to the oracle games, Link has the mark on his hand yet he goes to the castle and sees the completed triforce on an alter. This means he has the mark but he does not have the actual triforce of courage. I will assume that when the KotRL said he went on a journey, he meant that Link when to regain his lost childhood by going back in time.

Know too that when that day comes, I shall destroy you, LOZ Historian, and all your dreams.
Watch your back, for you may never know whom is behind that unsuspecting mask.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Fringant Épéiste Fringant Épéiste is a male United States Fringant Épéiste is offline
View Posts: 7,662

First off, the bloodline of the hero isn't nessacary. It is the bloodline of the Hylian Knights. (refrence to ALttP)

Second, the mark of the royal family (aka the triforce) appears on the back of the hand of the hero (reference AoL)

Third, the sages of OoT are shown leaving the chamber of sages in the end, and they obviously seem to remember eachother. Thereby the could recall the events. Zelda aswell. Thereby they could speak of the tale which. Then after TP, when the HoT is legend, and the sage's stories linger on, the basement MS chamber is made, with the images as seen.

Fourth, it was only when tHoT was an adult that he had the Triforce. Reason being, he gets it when he goes to the future, thereby it hasn't happened in the past. So when he is in the past, he does not have it. Also, when Ganon is in the past, he has no means of getting to the sacred realm. (and is sealed outside of time in the gap between realms after the final battle in OoT). Thereby Link, without the Triforce, since he is in the past, goes on his journey to look for Navi. This leads to MM.

I think that helps linearist for now. (I trump your trump card)
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2007, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taledin View Post
First off, the bloodline of the hero isn't nessacary. It is the bloodline of the Hylian Knights. (refrence to ALttP)

Second, the mark of the royal family (aka the triforce) appears on the back of the hand of the hero (reference AoL)

Third, the sages of OoT are shown leaving the chamber of sages in the end, and they obviously seem to remember eachother. Thereby the could recall the events. Zelda aswell. Thereby they could speak of the tale which. Then after TP, when the HoT is legend, and the sage's stories linger on, the basement MS chamber is made, with the images as seen.

Fourth, it was only when tHoT was an adult that he had the Triforce. Reason being, he gets it when he goes to the future, thereby it hasn't happened in the past. So when he is in the past, he does not have it. Also, when Ganon is in the past, he has no means of getting to the sacred realm. (and is sealed outside of time in the gap between realms after the final battle in OoT). Thereby Link, without the Triforce, since he is in the past, goes on his journey to look for Navi. This leads to MM.

I think that helps linearist for now. (I trump your trump card)
Not really, but it might help out some other linearist.

Zelda Manga.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2007, 06:22 PM

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! IF THIS DOEN'T PROVE MM TIMELINE AND ADULT TIMELINE HAPPEN IN WW, THAN NOTHING WILL!!!

*Takes deep breath*

Originally posted be MDK:
Quote:
In the Tower of the Gods, the Tingle Tuner can be used to find the five parts of the "Legend of the Fairy". Here they are:

It is said that long ago, a boy garbed in green known as the Hero of Time saved
this land. However, on a certain island, there is also the story of the fairy
who saved that hero...
It is said that the Hero of Time met the fairy in the midst of his travels.
The fairy appeared before the Hero, who had found himself lost in darkness.
With a mystic power, it would float in midair, dancing above his head like a
burst balloon.
After the fairy handed the lost Hero a map, it flew off as quickly as it had
appeared. Better able to foresee places of danger than the Hero, the fairy
marked them on a map. The Legend goes on to say the quest of the Hero of Time
was saved by this plump figure...
Fairies live for thousands of years... but this odd fairy was a bit different.
This mystical fairy was born near a lake, and when he met the Hero, he was but
35. Beyond that, there is little known about that fairy...
The little-known Legend of the Fairy's 35th Birthday
On one island they celebrate one's 35th birthday with a green coat and red
pants. They do this in the hopes of becoming like the legendary fairy, Tingle.

This is a rather blatant reference to Tingle from MM, which was his first appearance. If this isn't evidence in favour of the Linear theories, I don't know what it.
Sorry for scaring everyone there.

Zelda Manga.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2007, 06:34 PM

Who do you think the hero of time is? Kermit the frog? This legend states that the hero of time and tingle met in the same time line as WW. The Hero of Time is LINK!!! Why do you think people have an acronym for him? He's not the tHoT for nothing. Only cool people get acronyms.

Zelda Manga.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Banned User

Terribly sorry i misread the information and I deleted my previous post. I must make haste and disprove this as soon as possible.....

EDIT: this isn't canon. It is not required to complete the game/plot so it will be as unaccountable as the master sword is in the oracle games.

Know too that when that day comes, I shall destroy you, LOZ Historian, and all your dreams.
Last Edited by The Black Knight111; 03-02-2007 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Hylian Knight

Quote:
Who do you think the hero of time is? Kermit the frog? This legend states that the hero of time and tingle met in the same time line as WW. The Hero of Time is LINK!!! Why do you think people have an acronym for him? He's not the tHoT for nothing. Only cool people get acronyms.
Can you not triple post? There is an edit button for that.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganon the King View Post
Can you not triple post? There is an edit button for that.
My fault entirely so leave demon Link alone. I misread the earlier post and deleted the stuff I put in between his posts because they didn't make any sense.

#18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2007, 02:32 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 143

However this is not an easter egg like the MS, a blatant extra for fun. This is directly intertwined with the timeline and has no other use but for the timeline.

This is something that is made for the timeline by the developers. It is a easter egg but one that is valid to the timeline.

I Never try to get into a flame war so if I offend you it is not on purpose and please try to clear it up without flaming.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2007, 05:47 AM
Hylian Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika_power View Post
However this is not an easter egg like the MS, a blatant extra for fun. This is directly intertwined with the timeline and has no other use but for the timeline.

This is something that is made for the timeline by the developers. It is a easter egg but one that is valid to the timeline.
Ah okay, so if most of you all agree that what I have said has no meaning at all then that's fine.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,981

Quote:
And there is some great evidence supporting that and those of you who have received all 7 hidden skills in TP would know.
The Hidden Skills are only for those of the hero's bloodline. TWW Link uses several of them (back slice, helm splitter, and ending blow and mortal draw, to some extent).

Is it possible the King of Red Lions was mistaken?

Quote:
Ganondorf couldn't have come from the adult-ending because he had not yet even yet been blessed by the goddesses with "the power of the gods".
The sages in TP tell us that he had been blessed with the chosen power of the gods.

Quote:
In the child-timeline, the "Triforce", known in TP as "the power of the gods", is never referred to as the "triforce". Why could this be? Because the word "triforce" was probably forgotten over the years.
There aren't many characters who refer to the Triforce as the Triforce in TWW, either. In the legends, it is known as the Golden Power or the power of the gods.

Quote:
EDIT: this isn't canon. It is not required to complete the game/plot so it will be as unaccountable as the master sword is in the oracle games.
Actually, the Master Sword is widely considered to be not a part of canon because of the means used to obtain it, more so than the fact that it's not required. You can either reforge the Noble Sword into the Master Sword (OoA), or obtain it from some other character (other games). In canon, the Master Sword can't both be the Master Sword and not be the Master Sword, so its appearance is written off as an Easter egg to avoid inconsistency. Besides, it's events that are not required to complete the game/plot that are typically considered to be non-canonical, not information.

Tags
evidence, splittimeline, supports