Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Sonic Rainboom Sonic Rainboom is a female Sonic Rainboom is offline
Banned User
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North Carolina
View Posts: 30,568
SG's Analysis on TP-TWW Geography Comparision

Alright, I've picked up where I left off on my research on comparing TP's Geography with TWW's. I have overlayed the maps of the two games as such:



Since we all know that TP's Hyrule is the one that was flooded during the Great Flood, this would, of course, be the result if the two maps were compared. That is, if they are supposed to go this way in terms of compass directions. I believe so, due to my findings while observing the overlayed maps and comparing what I've found in TP and TWW. Here is what I found so far.

1. Zora's Domain line up with Dragon Roost Island

Notice Zora's Domain lines up almost perfectly with Dragon Roost Island. Not much of a coincidence, since it's been proven that the Zoras evolved into the Rito. My theory is that when the flood occured, the Zoras became the Rito and climbed a mountain very close their domain that would later become Dragon Roost Island. The mountain could have possibly been one at the north edge just outside of Peak Province, explaining the pond at the foot of Dragon Roost Island and Dragon Roost Pond, since those mountains had been covered with snow and ice in TP.

2. Arbiter's Grounds line up with the Islet of Steel

This, I don't have much detail on, but I found some evidence to support it. The Islet of Steel could possibly be what remains of the Arbiter's Grounds in TP. Although I don't recall any part of the dungeon being made of steel, it could have possibly been covered with steel during the flood to prevent the water from wearing down the wood at the highest point, which would be the Islet of Steel.

3. Peak Province line up with Spectacle Island and Windfall Island

Now this, I only found part of the evidence. MoALttP said in another thread that he recalled seeing a rock formation in Peak Province that resembled Spectacle Island in TWW. This could possibly mean that rock becomes the actual island. As for Windfall Island, notice that Hyrule Castle Town and the part of Hyrule Field near there in TP is near a rocky path. The Hylians living in the town could have easily used that path to migrate up to one of the mountains in Peak Province that would become Windfall Island. This would explain why the island is so lively and maybe why so many people go there.

This is all I've found so far, but I will keep looking into this as I play TP (and maybe TWW again, even though that game has bored me) and update the thread on my newer findings. Feel free to discuss. ^^

Note to MoALttP: I know you're the Geography expert around here, but the real purpose of this thread is to actually help you. ^^
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2007, 05:20 PM
Chad Chad is a male United States Chad is online now
Hiroshi Yamauchi. Former president of Nintendo. Rest in peace.
Send a message via Yahoo to Chad
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Alabama
View Posts: 9,373
Re: SG's Analysis on TP-TWW Geography Comparision

Zora's Domain in TP does seem to go farther up than in OoT. The throne room is pretty high up compared to OoT. There are more mountains and valleys in TP, wich would explain the existance of so many islands in TWW. I like it so far.
__________________


......................................../`````````````````````````````````````````\
.........TWW-PH-ST-(LoZ-AoL)-(OoX)-TMC-FS-FSA-ALttP-LA-(OoX)-(LoZ-AoL)
OoT<.............................................. \____________________/
.........MM-TP
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2007, 05:36 PM
The Black Knight111 The Black Knight111 is offline
Banned User
Join Date: Jan 2007
View Posts: 2,255
Re: SG's Analysis on TP-TWW Geography Comparision

Incorrect on two points:

1) The zora->rito evolution is not yet true and I most heartily support the kakariko-> rito.
Do not say it has been proven when it most surely has not been.

2) In TP, there is the mother and child rocks in zora's domain where you have to fish for the reekfish. This is clearly the mother anc child in tWW but your map is not at all close.

(looks at the map again) maybe if you rotate it a bit.... zora's domain will line up with the mother and child isle and kakariko village will line up with dragon roost. (another point for kakariko->rito)
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Sonic Rainboom Sonic Rainboom is a female Sonic Rainboom is offline
Banned User
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North Carolina
View Posts: 30,568
Re: SG's Analysis on TP-TWW Geography Comparision

Wrong. It has been proven that the Zoras evolved into the Rito. Here's the actual proof. Laruto, the Earth Sage says you need to find a new Earth Sage. The one that carries on her bloodline. Medli is that Sage and she is a Rito. That means she is descended from Laruto and that means the Zoras did indeed evolve into the Rito. More evidence to this is that on the back of Medli's outfit there is the Zora's Sapphire symbol. And her outfit resembles Laruto's somewhat.

As for the Mother and Child Rocks, those are way too small to be Mother and Child Islands. Don't you realize how huge the Mother Island is? It makes much more sense for Zora's Domain to be lined up with Dragon Roost Island.

Another thing I forgot to mention is the existance of islands outside the map of TP's Hyrule in the overlay. That can be explained by the fact that Peak Province's mountains extend farther than what is shown on the actual map. I looked around Peak Province when I was last there, so I would know this.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2007, 05:52 PM
The Black Knight111 The Black Knight111 is offline
Banned User
Join Date: Jan 2007
View Posts: 2,255
Re: SG's Analysis on TP-TWW Geography Comparision

muahahaha...i've debated that quote long enough my dear.

plese see 'complete rito evolution' for details.

You cannot merrily ignore rocks that have the exact same name!

And there is the theory that dragon roost is death mountain.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Sonic Rainboom Sonic Rainboom is a female Sonic Rainboom is offline
Banned User
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North Carolina
View Posts: 30,568
Re: SG's Analysis on TP-TWW Geography Comparision

Yeah, but just because they have the same name doesn't mean they are the same place. There's a Springfield in Illinois and another town in the US called Springfield in Maine. Are they the same place? No. So using the same name thing as evidence isn't valid. In fact, it proves nothing at all.

And I still believe the Zoras evolved into the Rito. You can't change my mind, no matter what you say unless you have valid proof that I'm wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2007, 06:04 PM
The Black Knight111 The Black Knight111 is offline
Banned User
Join Date: Jan 2007
View Posts: 2,255
Re: SG's Analysis on TP-TWW Geography Comparision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Guardian View Post
Yeah, but just because they have the same name doesn't mean they are the same place. There's a Springfield in Illinois and another town in the US called Springfield in Maine. Are they the same place? No. So using the same name thing as evidence isn't valid. In fact, it proves nothing at all.

And I still believe the Zoras evolved into the Rito. You can't change my mind, no matter what you say unless you have valid proof that I'm wrong.
As i said before search complete rito evolution it lists all info for both sides.
I don't care which you believe in just that its not fact.

Lol so your saying there are two mother and child rocks? lmao
They are located in a somewhat closed environment so the rocks themselves aren't the island but rather the area around them.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Chad Chad is a male United States Chad is online now
Hiroshi Yamauchi. Former president of Nintendo. Rest in peace.
Send a message via Yahoo to Chad
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Alabama
View Posts: 9,373
Re: SG's Analysis on TP-TWW Geography Comparision

Two things: Mother and Child rocks could just be names given to a formation where one branch is larger to the other. I think I will read the thread you mentioned, but I don't see how part of the Hylian race would evolve into a different specieas, and part stay the same.

Could you provide a link to the thread? I don't even know what sub-forum it's in.
__________________


......................................../`````````````````````````````````````````\
.........TWW-PH-ST-(LoZ-AoL)-(OoX)-TMC-FS-FSA-ALttP-LA-(OoX)-(LoZ-AoL)
OoT<.............................................. \____________________/
.........MM-TP
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2007, 06:29 PM
LOZ Historian LOZ Historian is a male LOZ Historian is offline
Studied Zelda Lore: 2002-2009 [Sealed Forever]
Send a message via AIM to LOZ Historian
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Archives of Zelda Theorizing
View Posts: 2,588
Cloaked Mystery:

So why do you not believe the Zora evolved into the Rito hmm? The Kokiri did, so why not the Zora??? It seem like the sage Laruto knew what she was talking about when she said her bloodline had been ravaged over the years, and that Link needed to merely look for whomever carried her instrument. I don't see your points yet to why you disagree.
__________________
'The Historian Conscious'
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMissingLink
You can have a timeline, or you can have canon, but not both . If one strictly follows the strictest form of canon, the timeline is ultimately destroyed. On the other hand, if one strives to create the most coherent timeline, the canon must be broken by corollary. It is the unfortunate world in which Nintendo has placed us, and now it is up to decide which road we shall follow: the road of truth where nothing can be created, or the road of imagination where nothing can be destroyed.
[Bomber's Notebook][The History of the UWM][Exposing the Sheikah]
[Zelda Historians]
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Octy Octy is a male Octy is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2006
View Posts: 276
Re: SG's Analysis on TP-TWW Geography Comparision

I didn't knew there was a "Kakariko > Rito" theory.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Sonic Rainboom Sonic Rainboom is a female Sonic Rainboom is offline
Banned User
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North Carolina
View Posts: 30,568
Re: SG's Analysis on TP-TWW Geography Comparision

I think I've found something new while looking more closely at my overlayed maps.

4. The fact that Ordona Province is off the map

Notice Ordona Province is completely off the map. I think this might be because Ordona wasn't actually part of Hyrule. In TP, one of the characters in Ordon Village, I think it was the mayor, said this to Link. "You've never been to Hyrule, have you?" This suggests that Ordona Province isn't really part of Hyrule. But since the Great Sea extends farther than meets the eye, Ordona was also flooded, I'm guessing. This means that the residents could have possibly migrated to Outset Island. If TWW Link is descended from TP Link this could explain why he lives on that island.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2007, 06:46 PM
The Black Knight111 The Black Knight111 is offline
Banned User
Join Date: Jan 2007
View Posts: 2,255
Re: SG's Analysis on TP-TWW Geography Comparision

here is the rito evolution completed theory thingamawhat... made by my friend icewizard292.

Complete Rito Evolution

Either fire mountain or dragon roost ilsnad is death mountain and none of them match up.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Sonic Rainboom Sonic Rainboom is a female Sonic Rainboom is offline
Banned User
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North Carolina
View Posts: 30,568
Re: SG's Analysis on TP-TWW Geography Comparision

Neither of them have to be Death Mountain. I used to believe Fire Mountain was Death Mountain, but now I sort of think otherwise due to this overlaying of maps. I'll still take a look at that thread you've linked us to.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Chad Chad is a male United States Chad is online now
Hiroshi Yamauchi. Former president of Nintendo. Rest in peace.
Send a message via Yahoo to Chad
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Alabama
View Posts: 9,373
Re: SG's Analysis on TP-TWW Geography Comparision

22 people believe Zora evolved into Rito, and four people believe that some Hylians evolved into Rito. I don't see that thread as definitive evidence. Since Zora's Domain seems to fit nice and pretty with Dragon Roost when comparing the maps, I'd say it further proves Zora-->Rito.

Also, since in-game evidence points more towards my belief than Kakariko-->Rito, then it's up to you to prove us wrong.
__________________


......................................../`````````````````````````````````````````\
.........TWW-PH-ST-(LoZ-AoL)-(OoX)-TMC-FS-FSA-ALttP-LA-(OoX)-(LoZ-AoL)
OoT<.............................................. \____________________/
.........MM-TP
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2007, 07:23 PM
The Black Knight111 The Black Knight111 is offline
Banned User
Join Date: Jan 2007
View Posts: 2,255
Re: SG's Analysis on TP-TWW Geography Comparision

lol at one point nearly everyone believed the world was flat and was the centre of our galaxy. But just because way more people believed that, did it make it true?

Just because many people believe in the split-timeline and the UWM timeline doesn't make them true.

I don't think the kakariko->rito is true bit due to the evidence provided in that thread I tend to eblieve the side with more evidence. (not to mention TP is more recent and therefore has a slightly higher credibility factor)


EDIT: Terribly sorry but some people have taken this the wrong way.This was not meant to put down any timeline theories or make anyone feel bad. I started the thread with lol meaning that this is not to be taken too seriously so calm your jets mr LOZ historian
Last Edited by The Black Knight111; 02-16-2007 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Chad Chad is a male United States Chad is online now
Hiroshi Yamauchi. Former president of Nintendo. Rest in peace.
Send a message via Yahoo to Chad
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Alabama
View Posts: 9,373
Re: SG's Analysis on TP-TWW Geography Comparision

In game evidence in TP about TWW can't override in game evidence IN TWW about TWW. that doesn't make sense.
__________________


......................................../`````````````````````````````````````````\
.........TWW-PH-ST-(LoZ-AoL)-(OoX)-TMC-FS-FSA-ALttP-LA-(OoX)-(LoZ-AoL)
OoT<.............................................. \____________________/
.........MM-TP
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2007, 07:31 PM
The Black Knight111 The Black Knight111 is offline
Banned User
Join Date: Jan 2007
View Posts: 2,255
Re: SG's Analysis on TP-TWW Geography Comparision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphnes View Post
In game evidence in TP about TWW can't override in game evidence IN TWW about TWW. that doesn't make sense.
That's not exactly what I meant. I mean that the developers may have put all that bird, cannon, zora graveyard stuff to sway people over to the 'correct' evolution. The developers may have added all this stuff to override that 'bloodline' quote which they can't take out now.

Just to repeat, neither has been proven true or false. My problem initially was that the threadmaker said that the zora->rito was proven and it is not proven. thanks
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2007, 07:34 PM
LOZ Historian LOZ Historian is a male LOZ Historian is offline
Studied Zelda Lore: 2002-2009 [Sealed Forever]
Send a message via AIM to LOZ Historian
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Archives of Zelda Theorizing
View Posts: 2,588
Re: SG's Analysis on TP-TWW Geography Comparision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked Mystery View Post
lol at one point nearly everyone believed the world was flat and was the centre of our galaxy. But just because way more people believed that, did it make it true? Actually if you haven't heard yet all those people were wrong and the world is indeed round and the sun is the centre of our galaxy.

Just because many people believe in the split-timeline and the UWM timeline doesn't make them true.
Cloaked Mystery, you are really pressing my nerves. Not because of your beliefs, but because of your dreadful remarks in regards to the UWM when we are only debating in return. Daphnes was only pointing out a variable to support his stance and you over exagerate with a response like he was claiming his point to be law.

Thats a pretty low BS analogy you compared the UWM timeline too with how people use to believe the world was flat. I get your little hidden message and thats a direct attack on the stands of a Linear Timeline from a Splitist.

Why don't you stop pretending to be the mediator here and join your Splitist groups you motivated to pop up here at ZU. Pick a side and be done with it and stop trying to act like some great diplomat that your not.

I've scked up enough humbleness on my behalf for the past few days, now how about yourself.
__________________
'The Historian Conscious'
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMissingLink
You can have a timeline, or you can have canon, but not both . If one strictly follows the strictest form of canon, the timeline is ultimately destroyed. On the other hand, if one strives to create the most coherent timeline, the canon must be broken by corollary. It is the unfortunate world in which Nintendo has placed us, and now it is up to decide which road we shall follow: the road of truth where nothing can be created, or the road of imagination where nothing can be destroyed.
[Bomber's Notebook][The History of the UWM][Exposing the Sheikah]
[Zelda Historians]
Last Edited by LOZ Historian; 02-16-2007 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Master of ALttP United_States Master of ALttP is offline
Master Black Mage
Send a message via AIM to Master of ALttP
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Eye of the storm
View Posts: 3,922
Re: SG's Analysis on TP-TWW Geography Comparision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked Mystery View Post
Incorrect on two points:

1) The zora->rito evolution is not yet true and I most heartily support the kakariko-> rito.
Do not say it has been proven when it most surely has not been.
It has been proven. How else would the descendant of Laruto, a Zora, be Medli, a Rito? Also, compare the Zora of TP and the Rito of TWW. The Zora have fins on their arms to allow for better swimming ability, which would easily be capable of evolving into wings which would allow for flight. Additionally, fish have light skeletons as it is, so that's just another thing that makes evolution easier.

Quote:
2) In TP, there is the mother and child rocks in zora's domain where you have to fish for the reekfish. This is clearly the mother anc child in tWW but your map is not at all close.
The Mother and Child Rocks are just rocks. They're nowhere near the size of islands. I suggest you go look at the rocks again, okay?

Quote:
(looks at the map again) maybe if you rotate it a bit.... zora's domain will line up with the mother and child isle and kakariko village will line up with dragon roost. (another point for kakariko->rito)
As I said, those are only rocks within Zora's Domain. Additionally, if they really were the Mother and Child Islands of TWW, wouldn't we see some sort of massive rock formation which would completely dwarf them? The Zora's Domain area matches up very well with Dragon Roost Island, not only in terms of general layout but in geology as well. Notice that the water comes from that pool beneath the throne room. That's evidence of an underwater spring. What do we all know is located on Dragon Roost?
__________________
Master's Analysis of Geography
Quote:
In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities. In the master's mind, there are few.
Leminnes made my sig. Mess with Lem and I'll cast Bolt-3 on you.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2007, 09:02 PM
The Black Knight111 The Black Knight111 is offline
Banned User
Join Date: Jan 2007
View Posts: 2,255
Re: SG's Analysis on TP-TWW Geography Comparision

Bleh.... I know the actual mother and child rocks are small. alright?

But the area around them is nearly enclosed by tall rock walls. right?

well then the rocks on the inside are the rocks in the centre of Mother and child isle. And the sialnd was just named because of the history of those specific rocks.

So what you guys are saying is that there are more than just one 'mother and child rocks' and the ones in TP and tWW have absolutely no connection? I very much believe they do ro else why would nintendo even mention them at all.

and master of alttp please read 'complete rito evolution' by icewizard292
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
analysis, comparision, geography, tptww


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -