Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Yatoko yatoko!
View Posts: 372
When does the Triforce of Courage split?

Okay, anyone who's played TWW past the second journey to undersea Hyrule knows that at some point, the Hero of Tim left Hyrule on some other journey, and at that point, lost the Triforce of Courage, which was seperated into eight pieces and scattered. However, Twilight Princess, said to come mere decades after Ocarina, includes the Triforce shining on the back of Link's hand. If the old Link is dead, how can it have been the hero of Time who lost his Triforce and had it scattered, when it was obviously passed down to another Link?

Thoughts anyone?

"Allow me to show you... your 'future.' Yes... allow me to show you... just what "hope" you have! See how much your precious Triforce is worth!"
~Ganon, King of Darkness~

Awesome Banner by Frozen_Samosas!
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Banned User
View Posts: 30,586
Re: When does the Triforce of Courage split?

It was probably split after OoT Link left Hyrule to look for Navi. He doesn't have a Triforce mark on the back of his hand in MM, so that indicates he didn't have the Triforce of Courage anymore.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Dodongo View Post
Okay, anyone who's played TWW past the second journey to undersea Hyrule knows that at some point, the Hero of Tim left Hyrule on some other journey, and at that point, lost the Triforce of Courage, which was seperated into eight pieces and scattered. However, Twilight Princess, said to come mere decades after Ocarina, includes the Triforce shining on the back of Link's hand. If the old Link is dead, how can it have been the hero of Time who lost his Triforce and had it scattered, when it was obviously passed down to another Link?

Thoughts anyone?

Here is my brillant theory that LOZH and I both share. Perhaps the ToC didn't split right after Hero Of Time left. Why may you ask? Because the triforce charts shows the islands in which they are located by. So who ever had this object written the charts after the flood and appearance of the Great Sea.

Played | Beaten |
LoZ | AoL |G&W | ZW | ALttP | LA | LADX | OoT | MQ | MM | OoA&OoS | ALttP&FS | TWW | FSA | TMC|TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT3D | FSAE | SS |TWWHD| ALBW
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Yatoko yatoko!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Guardian View Post
It was probably split after OoT Link left Hyrule to look for Navi. He doesn't have a Triforce mark on the back of his hand in MM, so that indicates he didn't have the Triforce of Courage anymore.
But the trouble lies in The Wind Waker. Apparently, said split Triforce was never recovered or passed down untill you reassemble it in TWW. But Link clearly has it in TP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroOfTime5 View Post
Here is my brillant theory that LOZH and I both share. Perhaps the ToC didn't split right after Hero Of Time left. Why may you ask? Because the triforce charts shows the islands in which they are located by. So who ever had this object written the charts after the flood and appearance of the Great Sea.
So, perhaps The Hero of Time did in fact lose it after leaving for Termina, but there was no need to split it before Ganon arose and the Wind Waker was used to seal Hyrule, and was instead passed down along the hero's bloodline untill that day? That makes a lot of sense!

"Allow me to show you... your 'future.' Yes... allow me to show you... just what "hope" you have! See how much your precious Triforce is worth!"

Last Edited by SuperDecimal; 01-02-2007 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Double Post Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Banned User

Then it was split after TP. Still, though, the King of Red Lions said the Triforce of Courage was split after the Hero went off on another Journey, I think.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Guardian Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Guardian
Then it was split after TP. Still, though, the King of Red Lions said the Triforce of Courage was split after the Hero went off on another Journey, I think.
I'm confused. Who are you exactly talking about? Please elaborate. Thanks

Played | Beaten |
LoZ | AoL |G&W | ZW | ALttP | LA | LADX | OoT | MQ | MM | OoA&OoS | ALttP&FS | TWW | FSA | TMC|TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT3D | FSAE | SS |TWWHD| ALBW
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Yatoko yatoko!

Quote:
According to the Old Beane's Sauce, he says.

"When the Hero of Time was called to embark on another journey and left the land of Hyrule, he was separated from the elements that made him a hero.

It is said that at that time, the Triforce of Courage was split into eight shards and hidden throughout the land.
"

So I am again at a loss. Perhaps old kingy is mistaken?

#8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Banned User

I'm talking about when the Triforce of Courage was split. See, the King said that after the Hero of Time left on another journey, the Triforce of Courage was split into eight pieces. This could've very well happened after TP, since TP is after MM.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 02:53 PM
SeriousDiscussion
View Posts: 24,050

Quote:
I'm talking about when the Triforce of Courage was split. See, the King said that after the Hero of Time left on another journey, the Triforce of Courage was split into eight pieces. This could've very well happened after TP, since TP is after MM.
Do you have an exact quote on this?
I think the legend simply alluded to Link being seperated from the Triforce of Courage because, when Link journied away from the Land of the Gods, (Hyrule) he was quite literall, as the legend says; seperated from the elements that made him a hero, and severed the ties that connected him to the force.

I simply thought of the eight triforce shards as being an homage to the original Legend of Zelda, in which Link had to collected the eight fragments of the Twin Triforce, if I remember correctly.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Guardian Dragon

Quote:
King never said that. Look at the post from Prince Dodongo before yours.

"When the Hero of Time was called to embark on another journey and left the land of Hyrule, he was separated from the elements that made him a hero."

NO where in there does it say that the element (aka ToC) was split. Perhaps the ToC rested in Hyrule somewhere until the next threat arises.

Played | Beaten |
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Yatoko yatoko!

Quote:
King never said that. Look at the post from Prince Dodongo before yours.

"When the Hero of Time was called to embark on another journey and left the land of Hyrule, he was separated from the elements that made him a hero."

NO where in there does it say that the element (aka ToC) was split. Perhaps the ToC rested in Hyrule somewhere until the next threat arises.
Actually, it does. Continuing that selfsame quote.

"It is said that at that time, the Triforce of Courage was split into eight shards and hidden throughout the land."

#12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Theorist of two sides
View Posts: 8,038

It never says that the triforse was split when Link from OoT left Hyrule meaning it was just left behind. I suspect when the whole of Hyrule floods than the Trifoce would have split.

Best Theorist Fall 2007, Summer 2011 ; Most Devoted Theorist Summer 2010, Winter 2011, Summer 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv
You see, Pine, you and I - we're the superheroes of ZU.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Banned User

Exactly! PD knows I'm telling the truth. King did say that!
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Knight of Skyloft
Send a message via AIM to spruce58052
View Posts: 834

Quote:

Exceedingly brilliant. I never would have thought of that, but it seems obvious now. Unless someone else found the shards, rehid them and then wrote the charts, Hyrule must have been already flooded.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 03:08 PM
SeriousDiscussion

Perhaps the 'splitting of the ToC' is another defense mechanism the complete Triforce has to protect itself from being userped by those undeserving of its power.

In concordance with the Sheikah and Royal Family's legends, if the one that searches the Triforce does not have a balanced, righteous heart, then to prevent him from obtaining the complete power of the Gods stored in the Triforce, the Triforce itself will split into the three triangles, and hide the two not chosen by the one wishing upon the Triforce in those that deserve them.

Similarly, having being torn away from its master, the ToC may have split in a similair fashion to the complete Triangles; but seeing as it is a single triangle fragment, it split itself into shards, to await for the hero to reclaim it.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Yatoko yatoko!

Still doesn't explain the quote from King, that is, that the ToC split on the day that the Hero of Time lost it, and apparently,stayed that way to that very day.

#17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 03:13 PM
SeriousDiscussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Dodongo View Post
Still doesn't explain the quote from King, that is, that the ToC split on the day that the Hero of Time lost it, and apparently,stayed that way to that very day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDecimal View Post
Perhaps the 'splitting of the ToC' is another defense mechanism the complete Triforce has to protect itself from being userped by those undeserving of its power.

In concordance with the Sheikah and Royal Family's legends, if the one that searches the Triforce does not have a balanced, righteous heart, then to prevent him from obtaining the complete power of the Gods stored in the Triforce, the Triforce itself will split into the three triangles, and hide the two not chosen by the one wishing upon the Triforce in those that deserve them.

Similarly, having being torn away from its master, the ToC may have split in a similair fashion to the complete Triangles; but seeing as it is a single triangle fragment, it split itself into shards, to await for the hero to reclaim it.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Lol, King of Darkness
View Posts: 3,400

Here is a better explanation. According to Faron, the "Hero of Legend" (who we are assuming is the Hero of Time) is "the hero chosen by the gods". Faron then proceeds to call Link "the hero chosen by the gods". If TP Link is the same Hero as the Hero of Time, then perhaps TP Link can also be defined as the Hero of Time. TP Link also rides away from Ordon during the game's credits. So what if the ToC split when TP Link, the Hero of Time, embarked on a journey away from Hyrule?

We know that OoT Link did not lose the elements that made him a Hero when he left Hyrule because he then proceeded to be Termina's Hero. Yet Zelda says to TP Link: "Lend us the last of your power." So TP Link could have used his last strength as the Hero of Time to kill Ganondorf, which explains how he lost the elements that made him a Hero.

It's a long shot, but...
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Yatoko yatoko!

True, but then the Triforce would've been reformed before TP, and then split again after the game. It seems too complicated, as the King only says that it was the Hero of Time who lost it, and it was then split, to that very day.

#20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 03:20 PM
SeriousDiscussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raian View Post
Here is a better explanation. According to Faron, the "Hero of Legend" (who we are assuming is the Hero of Time) is "the hero chosen by the gods". Faron then proceeds to call Link "the hero chosen by the gods". If TP Link is the same Hero as the Hero of Time, then perhaps TP Link can also be defined as the Hero of Time. TP Link also rides away from Ordon during the game's credits. So what if the ToC split when TP Link, the Hero of Time, went on a journey away from Hyrule?

We know that OoT Link did not lose the elements that made him a Hero when he left Hyrule because he then proceeded to be Termina's Hero. Yet Zelda says to TP Link: "<i>Lend us the last of your power.</i>" So TP Link could have used his last strength as the Hero of Time to kill Ganondorf, which explains how he lost the elements that made him a Hero.

It's a long shot, but...
The Hero of Time has been stated by the Zelda team to be a completely seperate entity to that of the Hero in TP.

Being "chosen by the Gods" simply refers to the fact that the Triforce will bind to a person it deems is worthy of commanding such force.

Tags
courage, split, triforce