Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Resting Bιtchface Syndrome Sufferer
Send a message via AIM to Slur Send a message via Skype™ to Slur

View Posts: 5,353
Re: Link's Awakening!!! The most overlooked of em' all!

Well I only made this report for the up coming documentary. But I am thankful for your corrections and additions.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slur.exe
No.......WRONG!!! ^^ Technically the Magic Rod wasn't on ALttP, it's called the Fire Rod (on ALttP).

If you want to split hairs, go ahead. The items are of the same type (a rod) and function exactly the same, launching fireballs from their tips. The difference is that LA doesn't make use of a Magic Meter like ALTTP did, so the Magic Rod had infinite use. The same applies for Magic Powder - because there was no Magic Meter, it had an item capacity instead.
Yes that is correct, but I like being overly technically and sometimes I think it can help.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 101

slur.exe sez: Yes she is real in the end, she turns into a seagull, if she wasn't real then what? I completly agree. marin survives

" if that gypsy whale can make and island and dungeons and shrubs and people and features in a dream, it can make someone real"

You know you want it...

-Buy -don't buy
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Hiroshi Yamauchi. Former president of Nintendo. Rest in peace.
Send a message via Yahoo to Chad
View Posts: 9,376

I always thought the image of Marin at the end was Link remembering her face. Another hint at their relationship.

The only evidence about her turning into a seagull is the pert when she wishes she could leave the island.

I don't really see how part os someone's subconscious can come to life, though. Has that ever happened in other Zeldas?

......................................../`````````````````````````````````````````\
.........TWW-PH-ST-(LoZ-AoL)-(OoX)-TMC-FS-FSA-ALttP-LA-(OoX)-(LoZ-AoL)
OoT<.............................................. \____________________/
.........MM-TP
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Gerudo Thief
Send a message via AIM to Twili Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Twili Knight
View Posts: 139

Actually, Link from Link's Awakening is infinitely more likely to be the Link form the Oracle games. When you complete both, and go through the game again in a special quest, he is sailing away on the same raft as the Link from Link's awakening. He is sailing back to Hyrule, since the Triforce pulled him into the unfamiliar lands of Holodrum, and Lybryanna. Marin, since dreams can be weird, is likely a subconcious representaion of Malon. (Who is NOT pronounce "Malone", it is pronounced, "May-Lon.") And Talon, her father. The Subconcious can be really weird, and I think LA represents that thoroughly. One rotten day of mine, I had a dream that pulled me through an entire day. All of it. Waking up, going to school, writing, going back home, and when I stepped through the door, I woke up, and said, "Are you SERIOUS?" since I was so angry at whatever power my mind had for dragging me through a day, and making me go through another one.
Also, Hylian geography could also be represented in LA. Link's subconcious could just be altering the memories of Hyrule in an entertaining dream of his.
And even though the manual states that he sailed for enlightenment, it also stated he was worried of troubles from Ganon's ashes. In the Oracle games, Link killed Ganon, so naturally, he'd be worried about it.

Martha, if I recall from sources unkown to even me, was a mermaid, wasn't it?
I mean, names are a funny thing in LoZ. Roc's feather. Which Roc's? there isn't a monster named, "Roc" , nor a person. Only Helmarocs, and similar creatures, but Hylian grammar would state that a Roc is simply a bird.
Meh,
Twili Knight - A.K.A. Sahaqiel

All others seem to find a road that's tough to satisfaction

I find a ridicule that isn't cool for me at all.
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-28-2007, 10:33 PM

They are not the same boat. The one in LA was bigger. Besides, no prophesy was fullfilled like it said in the LA box. Of course there were no ashes in ALttP either...

......................................../`````````````````````````````````````````\
.........MM-TP
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-28-2007, 10:41 PM
Gerudo Thief
Send a message via AIM to Twili Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Twili Knight
View Posts: 139

Actually, the raft was viewed from a distance, and then from Link's standpoint, and they both had the same design.

Of course, it could also be the Original LoZ Link, since he had a raft, and also killed Ganon, reducing him to ashes. But I'm sticking with the Oracle ones. He actually had a reason to get on that raft, and that was to get back to Hyrule. (Though I don't understand EXACTLY why, as Zelda apparently had no trouble of getting back to Hyrule in those games.)
So many possibilities! >_<
Sahaqiel

All others seem to find a road that's tough to satisfaction

I find a ridicule that isn't cool for me at all.
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Gerudo Thief

pffft i lost computer 4 a while, so i couldn't add to my thought. I beat the Dx version without dieing and it shows marins face in the sky, with the song then a seagull pops out of no where and the music stops and the face dissapears and the seagull sound starts and it flys in the same direction as the wind fish

You know you want it...

-Buy -don't buy
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2007, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmot/rh/ap View Post
pffft i lost computer 4 a while, so i couldn't add to my thought. I beat the Dx version without dieing and it shows marins face in the sky, with the song then a seagull pops out of no where and the music stops and the face dissapears and the seagull sound starts and it flys in the same direction as the wind fish
I don't really understand the seagull thing. Kind of like Zant snapping his neck. I can't imagine how a figment of someone's imagination can come reincarnate as a seagull, or however one may picture it. I just see it as Link remembering her when he wakes up.

.........MM-TP
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Gerudo Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphnes View Post
I don't really understand the seagull thing. Kind of like Zant snapping his neck. I can't imagine how a figment of someone's imagination can come reincarnate as a seagull, or however one may picture it. I just see it as Link remembering her when he wakes up.
\
K. Close ur eyes. imagine that link has just woken up and sees the wind fish in the sky... then SUDDENLY A SEAGULL APPEARS , didn't fly in, just appears!!!! amazing, didn't marin say she wanted to be a seagull? And at the end the owl says you proved your WISDOM, POWER, and COURAGE. Whats that make ? TRIFORCE!!! Wats it do? GRANTS WISHES!!! Yay!
*ahem* well if that gypsy whale can dream a whole island and make every single blade of grass it can certainly make someone real. AND IT CAN FLY 4 GOODNESS SAKE!

You know you want it...

-Buy -don't buy
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2007, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmot/rh/ap View Post
\
K. Close ur eyes. imagine that link has just woken up and sees the wind fish in the sky... then SUDDENLY A SEAGULL APPEARS , didn't fly in, just appears!!!! amazing, didn't marin say she wanted to be a seagull? And at the end the owl says you proved your WISDOM, POWER, and COURAGE. Whats that make ? TRIFORCE!!! Wats it do? GRANTS WISHES!!! Yay!
*ahem* well if that gypsy whale can dream a whole island and make every single blade of grass it can certainly make someone real. AND IT CAN FLY 4 GOODNESS SAKE!
The island didn't really exist. Link's ship didn't crash into it, just got struck by lightning. How he entered the dream is debatable.

You have to actually be touching the triforce for it to grant a wish, as obviously shown in TWW. Otherwise Ganondorf would have won.

And who says the seagull didn't fly in? Yes Link woke up, which means he just became aware of what was around him. I have looked up into the sky, looked down, then looked up to see something I didn't see the last time I looked. That doesn't mean the bird wasn't there before.

Yes, Marin said she wanted to fly away like a seagull. Maybe the seagull was what reminded Link of Marin.

.........MM-TP
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Gerudo Thief

Quote:
You have to actually be touching the triforce for it to grant a wish, as obviously shown in TWW. Otherwise Ganondorf would have won.

And who says the seagull didn't fly in? Yes Link woke up, which means he just became aware of what was around him. I have looked up into the sky, looked down, then looked up to see something I didn't see the last time I looked. That doesn't mean the bird wasn't there before.

Yes, Marin said she wanted to fly away like a seagull. Maybe the seagull was what reminded Link of Marin.
THE triforce part is a theory i made because it mentions the parts, and it does in the color versions ending without dieing, believe me. it does. It shows her...i already sed that Maybe you died @ one point? and you have to wait through the credits and after THE END

(it's quite obvious when it does, the first time might not be enough so watch it a second time)

You know you want it...

-Buy -don't buy
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-02-2007, 06:22 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 33

Typically I am adverse to using geography to prove timeline similarities, but in this case, I don't know how you can't. The Nightmares were obviously using Link's experiences to create his dream. I mean it doesn't really matter. LA would come after LTTP regardless of geography, and it can't really be used to prove any other timeline arguments. I just thought it was something cool.

LA has the most amazing, stupendous, unbelievable videogame story ever told. I'm not saying the actual storytelling is amazing or anything. But the concept is so original that it could've been crafted into a book or movie. It's too bad there are so few original stories like that in videogames.

The seagull at the end is supposed to be a throwback to when Marin was making allusions to that herself. That's good storytelling. And it's obviously something special since you need to unlock it through a secret ending. It doesn't have to make sense. We're dealing with magic here. And LA has so many mysteries and unanswered questions to begin with.
Last Edited by Mgoblue201; 05-02-2007 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Gerudo Thief

*sigh* back in the good ol' days when everything was origanil. LA was special though and i'll never forget it, or ballad of the windfish. i never noticed the similarities of the geography until i read this.

we need a new zelda plot, now it's been this 4 a while:
complete X number of dungeons gathering artifacts, then get master sword and do X number of dungeons getting new artifacts, then do the final dungeon and kill gannon/vaati with the master sword . See the simalarities?

What i liked best about LA is that the girl/princess doesn't get harmed or taken, so you can't talk to them. I talk to marin all the time!!!!! I love how they steped away from that.

POSSIBLY THE FUTURE?

RIP legend of zelda
Your games have been getting too easy and all the same. we've decided to ditch it and quit funding this product.
-best of luck, HEAD EXECUTIVE

You know you want it...

-Buy -don't buy
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-03-2007, 02:48 PM
It is a good test of a head to stand on it.
Send a message via AIM to HurriSbezu
View Posts: 4,393

Personally, I would not mind a Zelda game that ties together MM and LA. Perhaps a Terminan origin for the Wind Fish would be proven? And possibly find sources for why Malon was on Koholint as Marin. Then again, it would be quicker to write the fanfic than wait for that to happen. *SIGH*
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-03-2007, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurriPen View Post
Personally, I would not mind a Zelda game that ties together MM and LA. Perhaps a Terminan origin for the Wind Fish would be proven? And possibly find sources for why Malon was on Koholint as Marin. Then again, it would be quicker to write the fanfic than wait for that to happen. *SIGH*
There is so much time between MM and LA, that it would destroy the timeline to link those games. ALttP has to come between them, and there are two completely different time frames between OoT Hyrule and ALttP Hyrule.

LA doesn't perfectly link to ALttP unfortunately, but it's still the ALttP sequel. If they had only shown Ganon's ashed in ALttP...

.........MM-TP
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-03-2007, 10:32 PM
It is a good test of a head to stand on it.
Send a message via AIM to HurriSbezu
View Posts: 4,393

Quote:
There is so much time between MM and LA, that it would destroy the timeline to link those games. ALttP has to come between them, and there are two completely different time frames between OoT Hyrule and ALttP Hyrule.
What destruction? I just wanted to see the Wind Fish in 3D. He can be as old as he wants to be, considering his odd nature.
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-05-2007, 03:24 AM
Hylian Knight
View Posts: 2,574

This LA game looks interesting. I might download it.

Tags
link awakening, overlooked