Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#61 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-31-2006, 11:03 PM
Banned User
View Posts: 30,568
Re: Master's Analysis of Geography

Exactly. My discovery helps prove the Zoras did evolve into the Rito and it proves how they got to Dragon Roost Island: because their old home was right under there all along! Well, some of it anyway. I admit not all of Zora's Domain lined up with Dragon Roost, but enough did to prove how the Zoras got up there in the first place as the Rito.
  #62 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Master Black Mage
Send a message via AIM to Master of ALttP
View Posts: 3,922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Guardian View Post
Exactly. My discovery helps prove the Zoras did evolve into the Rito and it proves how they got to Dragon Roost Island: because their old home was right under there all along! Well, some of it anyway. I admit not all of Zora's Domain lined up with Dragon Roost, but enough did to prove how the Zoras got up there in the first place as the Rito.
So, care to tell us what else lines up? I assume that Snowpeak lines up with the Forsaken Fortress, because those ruins have far too much artillery and other weapons to just be some dead rich guy's estate. Now, thinking about this a bit more, don't freak out if Outset Island lines up with part of the desert. I've looked around there quite a bit, and I've seen several pairs of mesas that look like Outset Island.

Okay, so it's the New Year and all that. Hooray. Being Zen, I can tell you that every moment is the start of a new year, but you're likely not interested. I'll be on today for quite some time, so I'll have a new geography article up. Seeing as ZG21 has been telling me that he's in charge of geographical comparisons between Old Hyrule and the Great Sea and Sun Gaurdian has shared interests, I won't be doing any of those here. Sun Gaurdian, I suggest you PM ZeldaGamer21 about working with him on the map comparisons. I'm sure he'd like a little bit of help with it, despite what he may say.

As for my next article, I'm thinking I'll do some sort of water level analysis from throughout the post-flood games. I think that'd be something that nobody's ever seen before.
Leminnes made my sig. Mess with Lem and I'll cast Bolt-3 on you.
  #63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2007, 10:11 AM
Banned User

Here's what lined up with what, MoALttP:

Zora's Domain - Dragon Roost Island
Lake Hylia - Southern Triangle Island
Start of Peak Province - Windfall Island and Pawprint Isle
End of Peak Province - Tingle Island and Cyclops Reef
Middle of Peak Province- Spectacle Island
Faron Province - Ice Ring Isle
Faron Woods - Two Eye Reef and Angular Isles
Desert Province - Islet of Steel, Stone Watcher Island, Shark Island, and Five Eye Reef
Arbiter's Grounds - Greatfish Isle
Northern Eldin Province - Eastern Triangle Island, Thorned Fairy Island, Star Belt Archipelago, and Fire Mountain
Kakariko Village (well, most of it) - Bird's Peak Rock
Southern Eldin Province - Bomb Island
Northern Lanayru Province - Eastern Fairy Island
Western Lanayru Province - Six Eye Reef
Southern Lanayru Province - Private Oasis

Nothing lined up with Death Mountain, as it was completely off the Great Sea map when I overlayed TP's map with it. Nothing lined up with Ordona Province because it was too far south and also completely off the map, which proves it was once nonexistant in Hyrule. If you want me to prove these line ups, I saved the overlayed maps and can upload them to Photobucket.
  #64 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Master Black Mage

Quote:
Here's what lined up with what, MoALttP:

Desert Province - Islet of Steel, Stone Watcher Island, Shark Island, and Five Eye Reef
Northern Eldin Province - Eastern Triangle Island, Thorned Fairy Island, Star Belt Archipelago, and Fire Mountain

Nothing lined up with Death Mountain, as it was completely off the Great Sea map when I overlayed TP's map with it. Nothing lined up with Ordona Province because it was too far south and also completely off the map, which proves it was once nonexistant in Hyrule. If you want me to prove these line ups, I saved the overlayed maps and can upload them to Photobucket.
Well, you also have to take into account that the maps may not be to the same scale. However, I think this is good enough for us. Hm... Spectacle Island is interesting... I'll have to look around Peak Province a bit here soon. I just might find the infamous Spectacle Rock from ALttP, even if I can only look at it.

Edit: Yes, if you can, put up those overlaid maps.
  #65 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Banned User

Yeah, Spectacle Island does kind of resemble Spectacle Rock in ALttP. It's even in a similar place on the map.

It also makes some sense for Lake Hylia to be Southern Triangle Island. If I recall from TWW correctly, that is the triangle island where you put Nayru's Pearl. Nayru is the goddess of law, water, and all that and Lake Hylia is water. Not to mention it is part of Lanayru Province. I don't know if it really is evidence to explain this line up, but it might be.

And yes, I am aware that the maps might not be to the same scale. At least we have one thing that makes a lot of sense for this and that's the Zora's Domain - Dragon Roost Island line up.
  #66 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Resting Bιtchface Syndrome Sufferer
Send a message via AIM to Slur Send a message via Skype™ to Slur

View Posts: 5,347

Quote:
Yes....I've attempted things like this....too hard. If I am correct Lost Woods from Oot matches Forest Haven.

Quote:
Edit: Yes, if you can, put up those overlaid maps.
Yes I would like to see too.

Quote:
And yes, I am aware that the maps might not be to the same scale. At least we have one thing that makes a lot of sense for this and that's the Zora's Domain - Dragon Roost Island line up.
Zora's domain has a mountain for part of it right. (for the waterfalls) So overtime it slowly rised a bit taller and, wallah, Dragon Roost Isle?
  #67 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Banned User

Alright then, here you are. I lined up the maps as perfectly as I could to get the results.

Believe me now?
  #68 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Master Black Mage

Looking at that map, and thinking back to my recent adventures in Snowpeak, I may recall having seen a large rock that looked like a side-on view of Spectacle Rock in about the same area as Spectacle Island is located. It might not be exact, but I do remember the side-on view of Spectacle Rock.

Now, another thing I have discovered is that unlike a lot of the rest of Hyrule, the cliffs surrounding Snowpeak are solid polygons. Meaning, you can walk on them. So, here soon when I've got a job and there's Action Replay codes for the Moonjump, I'll give Snowpeak a thorough search for anything resembling Spectacle Rock.
Last Edited by Master of ALttP; 01-01-2007 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #69 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Banned User

Well, MoALttP, if we can find enough evidence, we might be able to prove TP's Hyrule was the one to get flooded, not OoT's (even though the Kokiri must still exist during TP for them to become Koroks). I, for one, think so, but we need more proof.

The thing that most confuses me, though, is that the Arbiter's Grounds lines up with Greatfish Isle, or it seems to. I'll explore the Desert Province and see if I can find anything that might point to it being those islands that match up with it.
  #70 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Master Black Mage

Quote:
Well, MoALttP, if we can find enough evidence, we might be able to prove TP's Hyrule was the one to get flooded, not OoT's (even though the Kokiri must still exist during TP for them to become Koroks). I, for one, think so, but we need more proof.

The thing that most confuses me, though, is that the Arbiter's Grounds lines up with Greatfish Isle, or it seems to. I'll explore the Desert Province and see if I can find anything that might point to it being those islands that match up with it.
I remember having to walk under massive rock formations in the Arbiter's Grounds. Namely, to enter the grounds and enter the area of the Prison Coloseum. (The Mirror Chamber is the area inside, so I'll call the area the Prison Coloseum.) Greatfish could be one, or both, of those massive rock formations. I mean, the desert's already pretty high up, so you wouldn't need a massive amound of water to flood that area.

As for the Koroks, I'm sure there's more forests to the east of Faron Woods. I'm sure that's where the Kokiri and Great Deku tree are located. There's just too many mountains for me to see over there.

Edit: I also remember seeing a large, grassy hill just above the desert. That's probably Greatfish Isle. Besides, it'd explain why Ganondorf completely destroyed the island. It was the thing always reminding him of Hyrule's prosperity. I look at it, and it's such a contrast between the desert... I can see why he wanted the Triforce.
  #71 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Banned User

Yeah, but remember Greatfish Isle is a destroyed island. We have no clue what it looked like before Ganondorf attacked it, so anything could've been there before it was flooded as of right now.

Since you seem to have something there about the desert lining up with those islands I mentioned earlier, I'd like to see about how Faron Province would've become Ice Ring Isle. Like how it got so cold and icy and all. Actually, though, relooking at the map, the isle is right at the edge of the province. Looks like a mountain just outside the border of it should explain Ice Ring Isle.

I also notice that the path that leads to the rocky path that leads to the entrance to Zora's Domain goes right through Six Eye Reef. I've seen many different kinds of rock formations over there, so they could possibly explain the reef.

Then, Fire Mountain seems to be right at the bank of Zora's River. The river is in a canyon, and part of that canyon could've easily turned into Fire Mountain. You know, I think we have plenty of evidence now to safely say the Great Sea is flooded TP Hyrule. I should find more evidence to support this.
  #72 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 26

Quote:
Alright then, here you are. I lined up the maps as perfectly as I could to get the results.

Believe me now?
There's the possibility that the two maps were not drawn in the exact same orientation. What I mean is that if each of the maps had a little compass symbol on them, the compass points might not be pointing in the same direction the way the maps are currently situated in your post. However, since we don't have those symbols on the maps, we can't be certain of that.

Since we KNOW from TWW that the Tower of the Gods is located DIRECTLY ABOVE Hyrule Castle, try rotating either one of the maps around that point (Hyrule Castle/Tower of the Gods) and see if you can discover anything.

A. Fourty-two!!!
  #73 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Banned User

No, we have evidence that the maps go exactly as I have them. See, in TWW, I recall Quill saying the bird makes its nest up NORTH in the Forsaken Fortress. That means the top squares are the most northern squares, the ones farthest to the right are the most eastern ones, etc. In TP, Link is advised to go NORTH to be able to get to Lanayru Province because the shortest route is blocked by huge rocks that bombs won't work on. Thus, he goes NORTH into northern Eldin Province and crosses the bridge there and makes his way to Lanayru Province from there.

So, I can garantee you the maps are correctly overlaid.
  #74 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Master Black Mage

Quote:
No, we have evidence that the maps go exactly as I have them. See, in TWW, I recall Quill saying the bird makes its nest up NORTH in the Forsaken Fortress. That means the top squares are the most northern squares, the ones farthest to the right are the most eastern ones, etc. In TP, Link is advised to go NORTH to be able to get to Lanayru Province because the shortest route is blocked by huge rocks that bombs won't work on. Thus, he goes NORTH into northern Eldin Province and crosses the bridge there and makes his way to Lanayru Province from there.

So, I can garantee you the maps are correctly overlaid.
Sun Guardian, I'm going to have to ask you to make a new thread for this, okay? I appreciate what you're doing here, but this thread was meant to discuss discoveries I have made between TP Hyrule and other maps of Hyrule that we see. I'm not meaning to be rude or anything, but it's just that this can be considered off-topic.
  #75 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Banned User

MoALttP, please don't encourage it. I didn't steal ZG21's ideas. We merely had the same thoughts by coincidence. I didn't even know he wanted to make that thread. I also think he's just jealous that I compared TP's map to TWW's before he did. So, I'll go post my research in my TP theories thread.
  #76 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 09:57 AM
Banned User

MoALttP, I PMed him once and that's enough. I won't do it again until he responds. I'm rather mad at him for accusing me of stealing his ideas anyway, so if he wants to be stubborn and not reply, fine. He'll have to straighten his act up and reply to my PM if he wants to speak to me again. Because I PMed him and apologized nicely for making him think I took his ideas, even though I didn't. I was nice about it to him, so he should be nice back. It's only fair.

Oh, and I posted the overlaid maps and stuff in my TP theories thread in case you'd like to check it out. ^^
  #77 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Master Black Mage

Quote:
Oh, and I posted the overlaid maps and stuff in my TP theories thread in case you'd like to check it out. ^^
That's good. I'll be sure to look over there here soon.

Okay, so I've been putting things off for two days now, but I'm gonna get back to work on this. My next article shall compare Hyrule from TMC with Hyrule from FSA. I should have it done by this afternoon, because I've still got a few things to sort out right here.
Last Edited by Master of ALttP; 01-02-2007 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #78 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 10:19 AM
Mixed feelings of elation
Send a message via AIM to Sentient
View Posts: 2,734

I know that Sun Guardian didn't steal my idea, I'm just a bit annoyed that both the threads I've had planned for months have been done by someone else (little details and TP-TWW geography comparison). And the guy that did the TP easter egg extravaganzer hasn't found anything I haven't, so that annoys me aswell: not only has he used my idea, but he hasn't done it well. Sorry I've caused so much trouble, but I think it'd be best if all posts in this thread concerning the matter should be edited/deleted, what with DrZaius1 around, and he could use this to mock us.
  #79 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Master Black Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaGamer21 View Post
I know that Sun Guardian didn't steal my idea, I'm just a bit annoyed that both the threads I've had planned for months have been done by someone else (little details and TP-TWW geography comparison). And the guy that did the TP easter egg extravaganzer hasn't found anything I haven't, so that annoys me aswell: not only has he used my idea, but he hasn't done it well. Sorry I've caused so much trouble, but I think it'd be best if all posts in this thread concerning the matter should be edited/deleted, what with DrZaius1 around, and he could use this to mock us.
I understand, but why should we do that? We shouldn't conform to him. Sure, we have our problems, but nobody's perfect. You should embrace conflict amongst one another, not deny it. I mean, so what if he can use this against us? We have stuff on him, what with his "ZU has hired me to take you down," rant. Oh, and that was supposed to be a reference to Star Fox 64's "Andross has hired us to take you down."

Edit: I have deleted one of my poorer posts back there. It shall not return to haunt us.
Last Edited by Master of ALttP; 01-02-2007 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #80 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaGamer21 View Post
If you know I didn't, then why did LoZ Historian say you thought I did? I didn't know you wanted to make those threads. Honest, I didn't. TP interested me very much in regards to the timeline, so I thought I could do research on it. And I did. Now that you're not being so mean anymore, I'd be happy to let us work together like MoALttP suggested, that is, if you would do so as well. And also, I didn't start two threads. My TP theories thread is for comparision of that game with OoT and TWW and the theories I come up with from that. If you would work with me, I'd be willing to let you post your ideas in there as well. We could even explore TP ourselves at some time and then share our thoughts with each other through PM or through my thread. And also, I can ask a mod to change the thread from being just mine to OURS (meaning change the title of it and stuff). Really, it's the least I could do after mistakenly getting you annoyed.

Tags
analysis, geography, master