Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-04-2006, 08:35 PM
TheKyle TheKyle is offline
Anouki
Join Date: Oct 2006
View Posts: 42
Re: LA Before or after OOS/OOA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroOfTime5 View Post
Check out the deck of the ships genius.
What about it?

Quote:
Actually the sacrafice was never complete to bring him back to full power.
Right, so he was not revived at full power. You still destroyed him in the end (that's right, destroyed).

Quote:
Check the text dumps for the endings. That's the only dam game out there so far where Ganon has been destroyed.
It doesn't need to be plainly stated that he is destroyed for him to have been.

Quote:
Next threat at your homeland. Tell me what that means to you.
Assuming Hyrule is his homeland, it means he is preparing incase Hyrule becomes threatened. If you feel there is any more significance to this line, I would like to hear it. I still don’t see why you keep bringing it up.
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-04-2006, 08:39 PM
TheKyle TheKyle is offline
Anouki
Join Date: Oct 2006
View Posts: 42
Re: LA Before or after OOS/OOA?

Lex, I am arguing that the Oracles replaced ALttP as the prequel to LA. I believe that LA and Oracles Link are the same, and ALttP Link stands alone.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-04-2006, 08:41 PM
LegendofLex LegendofLex is a male LegendofLex is offline
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
Join Date: Apr 2004
View Posts: 20,982
Re: LA Before or after OOS/OOA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKyle View Post
Lex, I am arguing that the Oracles replaced ALttP as the prequel to LA. I believe that LA and Oracles Link are the same, and ALttP Link stands alone.
Which would be nice, except Oracle Link never fulfilled a "prophecy of the legendary hero".

Also, no more than two games ever feature the same Link. Ever.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-04-2006, 10:22 PM
HeroOfTime5 HeroOfTime5 is a male United States HeroOfTime5 is offline
Guardian Dragon
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Somewhere in the US
View Posts: 2,483
Re: LA Before or after OOS/OOA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKyle View Post
What about it?
they look different


Quote:
It doesn't need to be plainly stated that he is destroyed for him to have been.
Sure it does. Than fools like you can't claim falsly evidence.




Quote:
Originally Posted by LexLionHart
Also, no more than two games ever feature the same Link. Ever.
VEry good point. NOw what TheKyle?
__________________
Have you played these zelda games?

Played | Beaten |
LoZ | AoL |G&W | ZW | ALttP | LA | LADX | OoT | MQ | MM | OoA&OoS | ALttP&FS | TWW | FSA | TMC|TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT3D | FSAE | SS |TWWHD| ALBW
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-05-2006, 05:20 AM
Romero Netherlands Romero is offline
Kokiri
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In the Sacred Realm.
View Posts: 96
Re: LA Before or after OOS/OOA?

WOW, lol, alot of discussion here ^^. um. lets see if I can help in any way. lets put the facts together.

WHY OOA/S CANT BE A PREQUEL TO LA:

- Miyamoto confirmed that ALTTP and LA link are the same. If this is true, Link should have known Zelda in OOA/S, yet he did not.
- Whatever you say, at the end of OOA/S, Link wanted to return to hyrule. He had to protect it after all. Why spend years on a ship (That looks different from LA's ship), when he is wanting to go home?!
- LA's Link does NOT have the triforce symbol on his hand, OOS/A Link does.
- The nightmares in LA are the same as the BOSSES, not minibosses, as ALTTP. True, the nightmares are featured in OOS/A, but only as little minibosses. I doubt Link would have terrible nightmares about those.
- Like Lex said, the same Link has never been featured in more than 2 games.
- Again like Lex said, Link never forfilled any legendary prophecy. Sure OOA/S was a quest, an adventure, but not a legendary hyrulian prophecy.
- Finally, if you look at the two ships, the sails are different. LA's ship has one sail, OOA/S has 3. the decks are different too.

PS: Here you go. Don't go telling me he just "lost" the triforce on his hand.

__________________

Visit my Graphic Design Business today! www.hiemstradesign.ca

Last Edited by Romero; 12-05-2006 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-05-2006, 07:16 AM
LegendofLex LegendofLex is a male LegendofLex is offline
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
Join Date: Apr 2004
View Posts: 20,982
Re: LA Before or after OOS/OOA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romero View Post
Whatever you say, at the end of OOA/S, Link wanted to return to hyrule. He had to protect it after all. Why spend years on a ship (That looks different from LA's ship), when he is wanting to go home?!
LA takes place when he is shipwrecked on his way back to Hyrule.
Quote:
Finally, if you look at the two ships, the sails are different. LA's ship has one sail, OOA/S has 3. the decks are different too.
The ships are identical. The sails are folded in LA's ship because he's in a storm.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-05-2006, 08:45 AM
Romero Netherlands Romero is offline
Kokiri
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In the Sacred Realm.
View Posts: 96
Re: LA Before or after OOS/OOA?

What about the triforce logo? and I know when LA takes place, but OOX Link looks a hell of a lot younger than LA Link, you can't be seriously telling me that he takes YEARS to get back to hyrule, while it took Zelda only a couple of weeks at most in the linked version to get to Holodrum/Lybrinna

And maybe the ship looks the same, but that doesn't mean it's the same ship. Go to a harbor, you'll see tons of seemingly identical ships.

I agree that OOX takes place in the same time period as ALTTP/LA, because his shield is the same, the boat looks the same, and it makes the most sense, but I refuse to believe it's the same guy. Again, the triforce on his hand doesn't just vanish into thin air.
__________________

Visit my Graphic Design Business today! www.hiemstradesign.ca

Last Edited by Romero; 12-05-2006 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-05-2006, 09:00 AM
LegendofLex LegendofLex is a male LegendofLex is offline
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
Join Date: Apr 2004
View Posts: 20,982
Re: LA Before or after OOS/OOA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romero View Post
What about the triforce logo? and I know when LA takes place, but OOX Link looks a hell of a lot younger than LA Link, you can't be seriously telling me that he takes YEARS to get back to hyrule, while it took Zelda only a couple of weeks at most in the linked version to get to Holodrum/Lybrinna
OoS/OoA take place over years. Bipin and Blossom's child grows from infant to young adult over the span of the games.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-05-2006, 09:11 AM
Romero Netherlands Romero is offline
Kokiri
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In the Sacred Realm.
View Posts: 96
Re: LA Before or after OOS/OOA?

So you're saying that LA link and OOX link are the same link?
__________________

Visit my Graphic Design Business today! www.hiemstradesign.ca

Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Evanatt Evanatt is offline
Goron
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Here and there
View Posts: 396
Re: LA Before or after OOS/OOA?

I'm confused, you say that it can't be the same link (oos ooa and LA) Since he don't seem to have a triforce. but, he got the triforce in ALTTP???
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Romero Netherlands Romero is offline
Kokiri
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In the Sacred Realm.
View Posts: 96
Re: LA Before or after OOS/OOA?

No, he got the actual triforce at the end of Alttp, but he has the sign of the triforce on his hand, meaning that... eh.. what did it mean again.. either that he is destined for greatness.. or bearer of the triforce of courage.. or.. hm. ill look into that. But the thing is, in ALTTP he gets the real thing, in OOX he gets the sign on his hand, which he doesnt have in LA.
__________________

Visit my Graphic Design Business today! www.hiemstradesign.ca

Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Master of ALttP United_States Master of ALttP is offline
Master Black Mage
Send a message via AIM to Master of ALttP
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Eye of the storm
View Posts: 3,922
Re: LA Before or after OOS/OOA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romero View Post
No, he got the actual triforce at the end of Alttp, but he has the sign of the triforce on his hand, meaning that... eh.. what did it mean again.. either that he is destined for greatness.. or bearer of the triforce of courage.. or.. hm. ill look into that. But the thing is, in ALTTP he gets the real thing, in OOX he gets the sign on his hand, which he doesnt have in LA.
Well, Triforce or not, there's a fatal flaw in the theory of ALttP Link and Oracles Link being the same person. Basically, it's due to the fact that Zelda meets Link in ALttP and doesn't have any idea who he is in a linked Oracles file. Therefore, they cannot be the same Link. I'm pretty sure this must have been mentioned in the last two pages of this thread, but I don't feel like reading through thirty posts.
__________________
Master's Analysis of Geography
Quote:
In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities. In the master's mind, there are few.
Leminnes made my sig. Mess with Lem and I'll cast Bolt-3 on you.
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-15-2006, 07:54 PM
sdgsdhfh Guatemala sdgsdhfh is offline
Anouki
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: zoras domain of guatemala
View Posts: 32
Re: LA Before or after OOS/OOA?

why did lex changed of mind =s....im agree with Romero

EDIT:
there could be the posibility of OOA/S were first that AlttP
its doesnt a rule that 1 link being in more than 2 games
__________________
my zelda top list:
1) MM 2)AlttP 3)TWW 4)OoT 5)FSA 6)TMC 7)LA

invader zim rules
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-20-2006, 12:09 PM
Thunderbird Norway Thunderbird is offline
Hylian Knight
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Great Palace
View Posts: 901
Re: LA Before or after OOS/OOA?

Why do many people connect the Oracles to ALttP/LA? It's not possible! In the Oracles Twinrova summons Onox and Veran from the Dark World. In ALttP the Dark World is purified.

It do, however, fit perfectly with LoZ/AoL. Ganon's death? Check. The re-uniting of the Triforce? Check. Precense of the Dark World? Check. Also, let's not forget that originally the Oracles were supposed to be a remake of LoZ and AoL, with a third game about the Triforce of Power.
__________________
I am also known as Link Æwondåslåmon
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Uncle Meat Finland Uncle Meat is offline
Used Banner
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Meat Send a message via Skype™ to Uncle Meat
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Finland
View Posts: 1,151
Re: LA Before or after OOS/OOA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of ALttP View Post
Well, Triforce or not, there's a fatal flaw in the theory of ALttP Link and Oracles Link being the same person. Basically, it's due to the fact that Zelda meets Link in ALttP and doesn't have any idea who he is in a linked Oracles file. Therefore, they cannot be the same Link.
I think she actually does recognize Link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda
Thank you for
saving me from
danger. My name
is Zelda.
You must be
Link.
I knew it at
first glance.
Let's say they haven't seen each other in a long while and Zelda just wants to make sure. And how would she know Link's name anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
Why do many people connect the Oracles to ALttP/LA? It's not possible! In the Oracles Twinrova summons Onox and Veran from the Dark World. In ALttP the Dark World is purified.
It's not ALttp Dark World (aka. Sacred Realm) but a dark dimension that has nothing to do with the Golden Land.

Quote:
It do, however, fit perfectly with LoZ/AoL. Ganon's death? Check. The re-uniting of the Triforce? Check. Precense of the Dark World? Check. Also, let's not forget that originally the Oracles were supposed to be a remake of LoZ and AoL, with a third game about the Triforce of Power.
AoL and LoZ feature the Underworld Which is not a seperate dimension but an actual underground wolrd. And by this time The Sacred Realm would surely have recovered and reverted to it's natural state.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Raian United Kingdom Raian is offline
Lol, King of Darkness
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Where the Sun don't shine
View Posts: 3,400
Re: LA Before or after OOS/OOA?

In Oracles, there is no mention of the Dark World at all. Hell, there's no mention of a "world" or "dimension" of darkness. Ganon was apparently drawn from death towards the flames but no specific details of the otherworld are given.
Reply With Quote
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Flaw Flaw is offline
Spirit of Seasons
Send a message via AIM to Flaw Send a message via Yahoo to Flaw
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hyrule
View Posts: 1,743
Re: LA Before or after OOS/OOA?

Yeah if there is then i must have missed something
__________________
Previous Name:zeldacrazysal


[www.talkzelda.com]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
oos or ooa


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -