Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ

Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Darwin sucks. But seriously, he's right though.
Send a message via AIM to Dr_bryan
View Posts: 414
Re: Lex and myself have worked out OoT's time travel. It was all based on the gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganon the King View Post
So then my OoT/MM/TP/TWW theory is correct in saying the bit that Link closes the door of Time?
Your theory maybe correct? Wait and let me brainstorm it! but the whole closing the door of time, well, I have to agree with Lex on this...not you! Sorry.

Too many words make my sig too big...
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Hylian Knight
View Posts: 2,574
Re: Lex and myself have worked out OoT's time travel. It was all based on the gameplay.

Why would you agree with him. Hes talking about some thing which is harder to understand than what I have explained.

Hes saying that closing the door of time can be done even without link closing it and going to his journey in MM and it will still be closed. Unbelievable, it just doesen't work sorry.
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,982

Quote:
Hes saying that closing the door of time can be done even without link closing it and going to his journey in MM and it will still be closed. Unbelievable, it just doesen't work sorry.
This would be nice, except that's not what I said. At all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by My REAL Opinion View Post
Zelda warped Link to the Temple of Time so he could return to his original time using the Master Sword after [he closed] the Door of Time [in the future] to ensure that the future they'd created would be safe from evil.
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Hylian Knight

I don't remember Link putting the sword back into the pedestal...
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 10:27 PM
Fabulous

Quote:
I don't remember Link putting the sword back into the pedestal...
So he didn't carry out Zelda's orders?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda
You must lay the Master Sword to rest and close the Door of Time...
Interesting interpretation...
Last Edited by LegendofLex; 11-27-2006 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 10:32 PM
Darwin sucks. But seriously, he's right though.
Send a message via AIM to Dr_bryan
View Posts: 414

^ That is why I agree with Lex. He has so much quick and thoughout anwsers! And the fact that anytime I've tried to argue with him, I've inevitabley been proven wrong... Even if I have evidence backing me up, he has more that disproves my theory!

Too many words make my sig too big...
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 11:29 PM
Substitue
Send a message via Skype™ to Foo

View Posts: 2,251

Woking through to a personal interpretation (of the original topic)...

Each object exists within a "personal history", which, through alteraions of the past, may be muted. Magic Beans, originally not planted, may become so. The Ocarina, which originally did not travel to Termina, may do so. The mastersword, which was once held by Link during his seven year coma, can now spend those seven years at rest.

Grand interaction between these objects, however, creates a larger "Universal History" which is "semi-mutable", maintaining a constant course but allowing for the minor alterations in the "histories" of individual objects. Thus Link's affairs with with the Windmill Man are possible in an immutable timeline.

I like it Mr. Shneebly.... Good thoughts guys...
Last Edited by Foo; 11-27-2006 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 11:46 PM
Hylian Knight

No. What drugs are on again? Are you crazy? Oh my god... I feel like hitting you so much now...

Zelda sends Link back in time. Are you blind, deaf or stupid?

By Zelda sending Link back in time to a point where he has not yet pulled the MS out then Link closes the door of time, that is putting the master sword to rest. This does not mean you have to literally put the master sword back into its pedestal but let it rest. And it is laid to rest by not letting events repeat themselves. Now do you understand?
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-28-2006, 12:22 AM
Substitue
Send a message via Skype™ to Foo

View Posts: 2,251

Ganon, dude, simmer. This is not productive.

Look Lex and I have already danced this dance. Before I was suddenly involved in a larger issue (my beleif in the double timeline collapsed tht week) I realise that there is hardly enough evidence, on either side, for a perfect conclusion. Its a matter of opinion.

You have yours, he has his. Don't assume yours to be 100% true, because it cannot be shown to be so. Do not lourd it over his, because it is no more valid. Calm down and discuss you opinions, rather than attempt to enforce them.
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-28-2006, 01:41 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 267

Alright... here is something to consider (or I don't remember). Does Zelda actually say that she would send him back to the time BEFORE he pulled the MS or not? Think about that, but not to hard. He also had his hand in the temple in the gerudo desert, AFTER he pulled the MS. Why would they mess that up?
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-28-2006, 06:24 AM
Fabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganon the King
By Zelda sending Link back in time to a point where he has not yet pulled the MS out then Link closes the door of time, that is putting the master sword to rest.
So Zelda tells Link to lay it to rest, then proceeds to do so herself? Again, since when does time travel in OoT alter the future in such a way as you suggest?
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-28-2006, 06:30 AM
Hylian Knight

Your failing to actually understand what is going on here.

Zelda plays the song and Link is instantly sent back to child Link time. He does not go to the temple of time by himself and put the master sword into the pedestal.

And by laying something to rest does not mean you have to do it by hand...
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-28-2006, 06:31 AM
Fabulous

Quote:
Zelda plays the song and Link is instantly sent back to child Link time.
Again--the visuals say otherwise. Prove to me that a boss warp portal can send Link back in time. From my experience, they just teleport him.
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-28-2006, 06:40 AM
Hylian Knight

Prove? He got sent back, and its obvious from Zelda's words that once Link closes the door of time, and as long as he does not re-open it and pull the Ms from the pedestal, history won't repeat itself.
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-28-2006, 06:45 AM
Fabulous

Quote:
He got sent back, and its obvious from Zelda's words that once Link closes the door of time, and as long as he does not re-open it and pull the Ms from the pedestal, history won't repeat itself.
That's not what I'm asking you to prove. I'm asking you to prove that he's sent back in time straight from that scene, due to Zelda playing Zelda's Lullaby.
Last Edited by LegendofLex; 11-28-2006 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-01-2006, 06:25 AM
Hylian Knight

Are you blind?? She plays the song, he is warped away, and then it shows him being warped to the temple of time.
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Fabulous

Quote:
Are you blind?? She plays the song, he is warped away, and then it shows him being warped to the temple of time.
No, you play the song, he's warped away, and then you see him appearing in the past as though he just put back the Master Sword, after a bunch of cutscene stuff happens in-between.
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-01-2006, 09:02 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexLionHart View Post
No, you play the song, he's warped away, and then you see him appearing in the past as though he just put back the Master Sword, after a bunch of cutscene stuff happens in-between.
Lex. Be fair. Where are we told 'a bunch of cutscene stuff happens in-between'? That's something you made up. The quote Zelda says before Link warps back is...

ZELDA: "Give the Ocarina to me... As a Sage, I can return you to your original time with it."

She's saying she can send him back to his original time because she is a sage. We then see him at the ToT as a child. There is absolutely no need to believe that any scenes take place in between her sending him back, and him holding the sword. Nor would it make sense given that quote.
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Fabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedali View Post
Lex. Be fair. Where are we told 'a bunch of cutscene stuff happens in-between'?
No. A bunch of cutscene stuff does happen in-between. The ending credits cutscenes, that is.
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-01-2006, 09:18 AM
Master Black Mage
Send a message via AIM to Master of ALttP
View Posts: 3,922

Mohammed, Lex is talking about what we actually see. We see Zelda send Link back, the ending credits roll, and then we see Link back at the Temple of Time.
Leminnes made my sig. Mess with Lem and I'll cast Bolt-3 on you.

Tags
based, gameplay, lex, oot, time, travel, worked