Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#101 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-24-2006, 11:58 PM
Darwin sucks. But seriously, he's right though.
Send a message via AIM to Dr_bryan
View Posts: 414
Re: Timeline Update Thread for TP Discoveries

Sorry, I've been away since my last post! and the qoute I gave LOZ was off the top of my head from reading it the pervious night...It still shows that the Linear timeline is correct. So really I have nothing to say here regarding this consitering everything has been said. And DarthCoccu, TWW does look like ALttP being before it has been destroyed... Though, from what I can tell about you, you will come up with a theory!

Too many words make my sig too big...
  #102 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2006, 12:05 AM
Studied Zelda Lore: 2002-2009 [Sealed Forever]
Send a message via AIM to LOZ Historian
View Posts: 2,588

Oh, he will come up with a theory alright. But if he has less specuation in it this time around, I will truely be impressed.
You can have a timeline, or you can have canon, but not both . If one strictly follows the strictest form of canon, the timeline is ultimately destroyed. On the other hand, if one strives to create the most coherent timeline, the canon must be broken by corollary. It is the unfortunate world in which Nintendo has placed us, and now it is up to decide which road we shall follow: the road of truth where nothing can be created, or the road of imagination where nothing can be destroyed.
[Bomber's Notebook][The History of the UWM][Exposing the Sheikah]
[Zelda Historians]
  #103 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2006, 06:01 AM
And so, the Black Wind begins to blow...
View Posts: 743

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOZ Historian View Post
Oh, he will come up with a theory alright. But if he has less specuation in it this time around, I will truely be impressed.
Well, I do actually. TP sets the stage for ALttP (and FSA) VERY nicely. Ganon dies in TP, is reincarnated in FSA, sealed in between FSA and ALttP, leading to LA and TWW some centuries after.

And there's the fact that the temple of time is in the woods, as is the MS, and the fact that the mist clears after you get the sword is reminiscent of ALttP too. And the destruction of the Twilight Mirror could lead to the creation of a certain other mirror.
Best. Quote. Ever.

#104 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2006, 06:24 AM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,982

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcucco View Post
Well, I do actually. TP sets the stage for ALttP (and FSA) VERY nicely. Ganon dies in TP, is reincarnated in FSA, sealed in between FSA and ALttP, leading to LA and TWW some centuries after.
The state of the Triforce makes it nigh impossible for TP to lead into ALttP. The fact that the Gerudo are gone makes it impossible for TP to lead into FSA.
  #105 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2006, 06:49 AM
Hylian Knight
View Posts: 2,574

Yes thats what I think. There will be a sequel. An even bigger better game than TP. TP2! The storyline will fit together too. "The war between light and shadow will be written in blood". That could either mean there will be a war between something and something and that there will be blood left to um.. hard to explain but you get the picture.

But if Nintendo thought about this, its given them the perfect way for a totally new epic Zelda game (not like the minish cap and stuff) and it will connect the timeline up to TWW.

And if the Gerudo are gone (in TP) then does that mean TP has made the timeline even more messy! Yes, that means thats a good sign that Nintendo will clear things up.
  #106 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2006, 06:53 AM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,982

If Ganon were to wield "shadows" in the next game, it would set up for TWW, not FSA/ALttP.
  #107 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2006, 07:23 AM
Hylian Knight

No, it would set up for a new game, because it hasn't been explained how he is revived.

But may not because I don't want a whole new game about Ganondorf again.
  #108 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2006, 10:46 AM

Quote:

And there's the fact that the temple of time is in the woods, as is the MS, and the fact that the mist clears after you get the sword is reminiscent of ALttP too. And the destruction of the Twilight Mirror could lead to the creation of a certain other mirror.
So this is what I am picking up from you because yo insist that WW is at the end of the timeline.

TMC-FS-OoT-MM-TP-FSA-LoZ-AoL-OoS/OoA-ALttP-LA-WW

or

TMC-FS-OoT-MM-TP-FSA-ALttP-LA-OoS/OoA-LoZ-AoL-WW

............I am just going to say what Lex said. The state of theTriforce at the end of these LoZ in this timeline do not match up. Honestly, you might as well be a Splitist if you want AlttP to follow after TP.

Your timeline, whatever it is, would only come true if Nintendo makes some SERIOUS LoZ to fit in between them to fill some unexplained gaps. And by the looks of TP, Nintendo (mainly Miyamoto) does not care to make expected DEFINATE storyline consistancies even when they state where a game goes in a chronoogical period.
You can have a timeline, or you can have canon, but not both . If one strictly follows the strictest form of canon, the timeline is ultimately destroyed. On the other hand, if one strives to create the most coherent timeline, the canon must be broken by corollary. It is the unfortunate world in which Nintendo has placed us, and now it is up to decide which road we shall follow: the road of truth where nothing can be created, or the road of imagination where nothing can be destroyed.
[Zelda Historians]
  #109 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2006, 03:15 PM
And so, the Black Wind begins to blow...
View Posts: 743

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexLionHart View Post
The state of the Triforce makes it nigh impossible for TP to lead into ALttP. The fact that the Gerudo are gone makes it impossible for TP to lead into FSA.
The gerudo don't appear- we don't know that they are gone. They are not there in TWW too, and MC.

We don't know the state of the triforce; at the very least we can assume that Link and Zelda still have their pieces. And the fact that the triforce of courage appears destroys your assumption that MM is the journey that the hero went on, AND your assumption that Ganon in TWW is the same incarnation as OoT Ganon.

Think, why else is the MS in the woods?
Quote:
So this is what I am picking up from you because yo insist that WW is at the end of the timeline.

TMC-FS-OoT-MM-TP-FSA-LoZ-AoL-OoS/OoA-ALttP-LA-WW

or

TMC-FS-OoT-MM-TP-FSA-ALttP-LA-OoS/OoA-LoZ-AoL-WW

............I am just going to say what Lex said. The state of theTriforce at the end of these LoZ in this timeline do not match up. Honestly, you might as well be a Splitist if you want AlttP to follow after TP.

Your timeline, whatever it is, would only come true if Nintendo makes some SERIOUS LoZ to fit in between them to fill some unexplained gaps. And by the looks of TP, Nintendo (mainly Miyamoto) does not care to make expected DEFINATE storyline consistancies even when they state where a game goes in a chronoogical period.
Actually, I may or may not place LoZ-AoL after the flood.

Inconsistencies? No more than your timeline has. Indeed, my theory probably has less, after TP.
Best. Quote. Ever.

#110 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2006, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Indeed, my theory probably has less, after TP.
Put your money where your mouth is and prove it. At least "we" have the compiled paper work to support our theory.

It seems that, if anything, we can see that with even all the inconsistancies we may find in trieing to define the timeline, one thing Nintendo has always stayed consitent at when they make a storyline to follow up on a LoZ before it is they always make the Triforce a stronge notable point. Why you denounce the importance of the state of the Triforce at the beginning of one game to the other is beyound me.

Therefore I find it impossible to convince you of anything unless you can tell me how the Triforce can get put back together and break apart again all before WW in a Linear Timeline. Making up LoZ's events for things to occur accuratly in your timleine without other current LoZ's to back up the records you propose is rediculous and fullhearty. As a timeline theorist you know that only you can work with the tools and info that is presented to you at the time. You or I can't assume anything else unless we have valid eveidence otherwise. Period.
[Zelda Historians]
  #111 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2006, 04:13 PM

Darth Cucco, I just have one question about your timeline, and I might concide to it if I find your anwser justified!

Why is Ganondorf still Ganondorf in TWW, if FS states that he becomes Ganon, then it seems like he wouldn't be able to go back, right? In all the games featuring Ganondorf they've been grouped together... OoT- TP- TWW, they all have some OoT referance... As far as ALttP they call him Ganondorf once and this one time they tell you how he lost his soul that helt him as a human...also stated in FS...and he became Ganon...Why then is he Ganondorf in TWW?

#112 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2006, 04:20 PM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_bryan View Post
Darth Cucco, I just have one question about your timeline, and I might concide to it if I find your anwser justified!

Why is Ganondorf still Ganondorf in TWW, if FS states that he becomes Ganon, then it seems like he wouldn't be able to go back, right? In all the games featuring Ganondorf they've been grouped together... OoT- TP- TWW, they all have some OoT referance... As far as ALttP they call him Ganondorf once and this one time they tell you how he lost his soul that helt him as a human...also stated in FS...and he became Ganon...Why then is he Ganondorf in TWW?

Don't forget ganondorf transformed in Ganon at the end of OoT. But he does change back to ganondorf at the end when sealed.

To darthcucco:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ending of AoL:
After defeating Link's shadow, Link gets the Triforce from an old man.
Then, the Triforce splits into 3 pieces and the room flashes.
Zelda wakes up and says to Link: "You saved Hyrule and you are a great hero."
The curtain goes down while Zelda gives Link a kiss. Then, the credits play
and it shows a screen with a Triforce and some text that says:
"Thanks a million, Push Start to Replay".
Well how the hell does TWW come after that? Or any other game for that matter? Oh yeah I almost forgot, Ganon is still dead and hasn't been revived.

Played | Beaten |
LoZ | AoL |G&W | ZW | ALttP | LA | LADX | OoT | MQ | MM | OoA&OoS | ALttP&FS | TWW | FSA | TMC|TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT3D | FSAE | SS |TWWHD| ALBW
  #113 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2006, 04:23 PM

Darthcucco does not belive in the Strict Timeline Ark System:

OoT-(MM)-TP-WW-PH

TMC-FS-FSA

ALttP-LA-LoZ-AoL

OoS/OoA (Independant Ark)

He does not recognise that you cannot interlock these LoZ timeline arks as Nintendo (Anouma) has visually made them appear in there creation. If you put TMC before OoT, you must put the rest of the FS LoZ's behind it. But because he does not belive in that, he uses the excuse that the vast years inbetween them allows other LoZ's to comeinbetween them, when the games storylines clearly don't make it prevalent that they do. Even by in-game refenes to prove them if they did, still require alot of assumption. In-game refernce uder the Strict Timeline Ark System only comes to use when erither trying to strenghten this timeline rule, or trying to figure wich ark goes where after the other.

To me, Nintendo made these little timeline 'arks" visable so that we could get an idea where they would fall in the overall timeline. But by oersistance of others trying to say that they can interwne beween other timeline arks orders, makes the timeline literally undetermanable for any theorist, splitist or not.
[Zelda Historians]
  #114 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,475

Quote:
He does not recognise that you cannot interlock these LoZ timeline arks as Nintendo (Anouma) has visually made them appear in there creation. If you put TMC before OoT, you must put the rest of the FS LoZ's behind it. But because he does not belive in that, he uses the excuse that the vast years inbetween them allows other LoZ's to comeinbetween them, when the games storylines clearly don't make it prevalent that they do. Even by in-game refenes to prove them if they did, still require alot of assumption. In-game refernce uder the Strict Timeline Ark System only comes to use when erither trying to strenghten this timeline rule, or trying to figure wich ark goes where after the other.
I'm guessing that you're including the exception with the last two arks

ALttP-LA-LoZ-AoL

Or should I assume you can just place the independent ark before LoZ?

Played | Beaten |
LoZ | AoL |G&W | ZW | ALttP | LA | LADX | OoT | MQ | MM | OoA&OoS | ALttP&FS | TWW | FSA | TMC|TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT3D | FSAE | SS |TWWHD| ALBW
  #115 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2006, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroOfTime5 View Post
I'm guessing that you're including the exception with the last two arks

ALttP-LA-LoZ-AoL

Or should I assume you can just place the independent ark before LoZ?
Anyone can make an exception to the OoS/OoA ark because it can go literally anywhere after ALttP, nicly. We just use it to stregthen the ark between ALttP to the LoZ.

Now how is this "ark" invalid: ALttP-LA-LoZ-AoL

I am prety sure that that ark was soidified when Miyamoto said the LoZ and AoL came after ALttP? It has never been changed or countradicted officialy since then, has it?
[Zelda Historians]
  #116 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2006, 08:29 PM
Hylian Knight

Why is LOZ and AOL even put in to the timeline. They don't even have a storyline.
  #117 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2006, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganon the King View Post
Why is LOZ and AOL even put in to the timeline. They don't even have a storyline.
What do you mean they don't have a storyline? READ THE MANUALS!!! True they don't have much of in game story, atleast for LoZ... But, they do have storys!

On that though, I'm starting to see where TP and TWW could cancel out LoZ and AoL. Even ALttP, but, I still hold there stories dearly, and they do have important information in them.

^Hero of Time5, Myimoto stated that Ganon was to add climatics to the end! I will say though that you bring up a point...And I'm going to explain my theory.

Ganondorf could use the Triforce of Power, so he used it to become Ganon, thus he is Ganon in all the games, but by FS he's lost the part that made him human...Ganondorf the human is dead! Only the beast Ganon remains...That is a resnable explaintation as to why you don't see Ganondorf in ALttP, LoZ, and AoL.

#118 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2006, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_bryan View Post
Ganondorf could use the Triforce of Power, so he used it to become Ganon, thus he is Ganon in all the games, but by FS he's lost the part that made him human...Ganondorf the human is dead! Only the beast Ganon remains...That is a resnable explaintation as to why you don't see Ganondorf in ALttP, LoZ, and AoL.
Can you trell me where you got that refernce. FS is a insigtnificant game to the overall timeline and I never really read into it textual references before. Are you sure your not talking about FSA? He was Ganondorf at some point in that time period.

If this is so, there is a countradiction here because technically by ALttP refernce, Ganondorf rediscovers the Sacred Realm after the Great War (not to be confused with the Seal War) some time before ALttP. So after FSA, he must break away from the FS seal after it weakens over time and then go out and rediscover the Sacred Realm. This new evidence may presen some problems
[Zelda Historians]
  #119 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2006, 06:43 AM
Lol, King of Darkness
View Posts: 3,400

Quote:
Can you trell me where you got that refernce. FS is a insigtnificant game to the overall timeline and I never really read into it textual references before. Are you sure your not talking about FSA? He was Ganondorf at some point in that time period.
What he meant was that by FS, Vaati had lost his human form and in FSA, Ganon had lost his human form as well.

Put it this way, everything that is mentioned in FSA's prologue is pretty much all there is to FS.
  #120 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2006, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raian View Post
What he meant was that by FS, Vaati had lost his human form and in FSA, Ganon had lost his human form as well.

Put it this way, everything that is mentioned in FSA's prologue is pretty much all there is to FS.
Ah. Well by this we know how close FS really is behing FSA. But we already knew this.
[Zelda Historians]

Tags
discoveries, timeline, update