Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Moon Cultist
View Posts: 241
Little theories!

This thread is for theories that aren't substantial enough to constitute their own threads, but still might be worth sharing. So, share your little pet theories, little things you believe in that aren't directly confirmed, or personal 'head canons' here.

Here are some of mine:

The voice singing in Hyrule Field in TP is Malon--either her spirit or a residual haunting. Not only does it sound just like her, but the ranch probably was located somewhere in what is now Hyrule Field.

Link is responsible for Fado's weirdness (maybe he traumatized her!). If you approach her as a child while wearing the skull mask, she freaks out and threatens to get Mido to beat you up. Even so, 7 years later she's absolutely giddy at the idea of people getting turned into Stalfos.

There are probably more, but I cannot think of any right now. Hopefully they're not as morbid as these...
3 people liked this post: GerudoSpirit, Ningan the Lone Ninja, tlozbj
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Hylian Knight
View Posts: 1,283
Re: Little theories!

Dark Link from Ocarina of Time is probably child-minded, like Link.
Last Edited by The Fanatic of Zelda; 06-21-2012 at 08:30 PM. Reason:
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Moon Cultist

Oh, that's very interesting and rather disturbing. Nice.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,220

Quote:
The voice singing in Hyrule Field in TP is Malon--either her spirit or a residual haunting. Not only does it sound just like her, but the ranch probably was located somewhere in what is now Hyrule Field.
She came back the same way the Hero's Shade did because she regrets she couldn't teach her song to the next generation~
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Knight of Cyndonia
View Posts: 187

In OoT in Link's house if you look out the window in the back of his room you see large trees. I think that is the direction Link traveled to to look for navi in MM. Because in the beginning of MM you see numerous large trees. Lame theory, I know, but one I've had forever.
And also, when is there singing in Hyrule Field in TP? I remember epic music but no singing.
Last Edited by amladeus; 06-21-2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason:
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-21-2012, 09:59 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,220

Quote:
In OoT in Link's house if you look out the window in the back of his room you see large trees. I think that is the direction Link traveled to to look for navi in MM.
That' where the beta forest is~
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-21-2012, 10:47 PM
View Posts: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by amladeus View Post
And also, when is there singing in Hyrule Field in TP? I remember epic music but no singing.
I believe this is the music everyone's referring to:
3 people liked this post: MajorMajora, Ningan the Lone Ninja, Zelda lover
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-22-2012, 03:27 AM
Mad Vodka Drinking Yahoo
View Posts: 2,456

The Dark World in ALttP doesn't have a desert because Ganondorf hates them.

The name of the spirit of the hero is Hyrule.

Batreaux is the ancestor of the Gerudo and his personal emblem rotated by 90 degrees is the Gerudo symbol.

Oh, is that a gal I see? No, it's just a fal'Cie!
1 person liked this post: SkullDude
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-22-2012, 04:25 AM
/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY /watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY is a male Central African Republic /watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY is offline
Banned User
Send a message via Skype™ to /watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY
View Posts: 1,075

Good idea for a thread! Would be nice to see the theory section cluttered with less bull. Hopefully it'll get stickied or something in the future.

Anyhow, onto a little theory, more of a question really; is the harp in Skyward Sword the same as the one the Sheikh fellette had in the Ocarina of Time?
2 people liked this post: DrFeelGood666, Ningan the Lone Ninja
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-22-2012, 05:50 AM
Ningan the Lone Ninja Ningan the Lone Ninja is a male United Kingdom Ningan the Lone Ninja is offline
Sheikah
View Posts: 5,607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Anyhow, onto a little theory, more of a question really; is the harp in Skyward Sword the same as the one the Sheikh fellette had in the Ocarina of Time?
Yes, I believe it was confirmed in Hyrule Historia.

I've always believed that theory about Malon's spirit in Hyrule Field, and it makes me feel slightly cold.

As for a personal theory of my own, I believe that Forsaken Fortress in Wind Waker is the remains of Gerudo's Fortress in Ocarina of Time, and the pirates that Tetra used to rival with were the Gerudo.
Last Edited by Ningan the Lone Ninja; 06-22-2012 at 05:50 AM. Reason:
1 person liked this post: tlozbj
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-22-2012, 07:19 AM
Moon Cultist

Awesome theories, everyone; I've liked everything I've read so far. Very glad to see some support for the ghost-Malon theory, too.

Remembered a few less-cool ones involving MM: Lulu and Cremia are actually the Termina counterparts of Ruto and Malon's mothers, deceased in the Hylain parallel but playing slightly different roles in Termina. Maybe one of Lulu's children would have looked just like child-Ruto.

Also, the unnoticeable soldier is the Temrina counterpart to the dying soldier in the alley in Hyrule market; especially if Link missed him in OoT.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-22-2012, 07:39 AM
Glorious Leader
Steam ID: mister_blak
View Posts: 1,235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningan the Lone Ninja View Post
As for a personal theory of my own, I believe that Forsaken Fortress in Wind Waker is the remains of Gerudo's Fortress in Ocarina of Time, and the pirates that Tetra used to rival with were the Gerudo.
Really?I always assumed that the forsaken fortress was the Arbiter's grounds. The general idea was that the peak of the AG was all that remained of the Gerudo desert above the sea, and so the Gerudo moved there, building up the fortress as time went by.

One of my own: Eldin is the (grand?)father of the live volvagia, who is in turn the ancestor of Valoo.
3 people liked this post: Ningan the Lone Ninja, StinksAwakening, tlozbj
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Ningan the Lone Ninja Ningan the Lone Ninja is a male United Kingdom Ningan the Lone Ninja is offline
Sheikah
View Posts: 5,607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Blak View Post
Really?I always assumed that the forsaken fortress was the Arbiter's grounds. The general idea was that the peak of the AG was all that remained of the Gerudo desert above the sea, and so the Gerudo moved there, building up the fortress as time went by.
I don't think Nintendo particularly thought of Arbiter's Grounds when they were making Wind Waker, considering Twilight Princess was released 5 years later.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-22-2012, 10:40 AM
Knight of Cyndonia
View Posts: 187

In LoZ when you shoot arrows it takes it out of your rupees. This tells me that there was a big war and arrows had become so sparse that they were practically worth the same as money.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-22-2012, 10:46 AM
A.K.A. ASBW, ASttP
View Posts: 3,609

Here's a few of mine:

The tower of the gods in WW was built by the Oocca. It could actually be a modified version the dungeon portion of the Temple of Time that we see in TP.

The Great Deku Tree's personal name was Faron

The monkeys in TP are actually the Kokiri, The light spirit Faron is their protector.

The Forest Temple in TP is actually the Kokiri Forest

The Skull Kid in TP wasn't a real Skull Kid, but an automaton, who was created along with a "faux-Lost Woods" as part of one big test to see if the hero was worthy of the Master Sword.
Last Edited by StinksAwakening; 06-22-2012 at 10:51 AM. Reason:
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Glorious Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningan the Lone Ninja View Post
I don't think Nintendo particularly thought of Arbiter's Grounds when they were making Wind Waker, considering Twilight Princess was released 5 years later.
Shush, you!

(It could perfectly well be the other way around.)
2 people liked this post: Ningan the Lone Ninja, Sonicnator
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,438

I think that Mazaal and Gohdan are two models of the same robot, both made by the Wind Tribe- Gohdan being "Mazaal 2.0" or something to that effect.

Separately, the Wind Tribe could be the ancestors of the Oocca; they were shown to have created both Mazaal and the Palace of Winds before Vaati took it over, meaning that they were pretty advanced. In fact, the reason that the Wind Tribe became the Oocca might be that Vaati cursed them in order to inhabit the Palace of Winds before Four Swords started.
Last Edited by Zeal; 06-22-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason:
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-22-2012, 01:09 PM
A.K.A. ASBW, ASttP
View Posts: 3,609

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masky View Post
Honestly, I think it's already heavily implied that the Godesses created the Tower of the Gods. For one thing... it's literally called the "Tower of the Gods". In addition, the King of Red Lions also outright says that the Tower of the Gods is "a place that the gods of the ancient world prepared". Gohdan's figurine description similarly states that he was "created by the gods". Skyward Sword shows us that Gods can create robots or artificial lifeforms (Fi).
I don't know... Perhaps the Oocca built it under the instruction of the gods? In other words, they were "contracted" to do the work of the gods.

I mean, when Donald Trump has buildings made, people credit him with building it, not the construction workers and carpenters.

Here's a few examples:

Donald Trump Builds 70-Storey Luxury Hotel In Panama City, The Tallest In Latin America

Donald Trump Builds Across From Wynn on the Las Vegas Strip

Donald Trump builds the biggest Golf course

Notice how Trump is credited with building these things, when we know that Trump is just a business man. These buildings were actually built by carpenters, electricians, plumbers, engineers, construction workers, etc., but under the instruction and direction of Donald Trump. This is the same thing I'm proposing with the Oocca; they were the engineers that did the physical work, but they did so under orders by the gods, so they aren't credited. I mean, the architecture and technology is identical, I don't see why not.
Last Edited by StinksAwakening; 06-22-2012 at 01:34 PM. Reason:
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Moon Cultist

I always personally believed that the Kokiri were the monkeys in TP, too. Maybe the Termina counterpart as well, but that's a huge stretch.

A more comedic one from me, for once: Kaepora Gaebora had to deliver the cow Malon gives you in OoT to Link's house. He seems to be the only non-triforce-bearing, non-Kokiri other than Link who can go in and out of the forest (he appears in the Lost Woods).
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Glorious Leader

Gaepora=Rauru. Just a thought I had a while ago that seemed to make sense. Who do you choose to protect the ultimate power? The person you love and trust the most. Your father.
2 people liked this post: amladeus, Ningan the Lone Ninja
Closed Thread