Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-20-2012, 03:01 AM
Algebraic Ethan Algebraic Ethan is a female Samoa Algebraic Ethan is offline
Prince of the Zoras
Send a message via Skype™ to Algebraic Ethan
Steam ID: sarah
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: sarah
View Posts: 754
Will Fi Return? Or has Fi already returned?

At the end of Skyward Sword, Fi merges herself into the Master Sword, never to see Link again. The next time that the Master Sword is drawn (Ocarina of Time), how come Fi isn't released due to the breaking of the seal? Could it be that Fi will somehow return when the time is right, or has she already returned, and it is just not known? Ever since I finished Skyward Sword, these questions have just been swarming my brain. Does anybody have any input on this topic?
__________________
Yeah, I make my own signatures, I can also make some for you.



sarah <3
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-20-2012, 04:36 AM
Benermerut Benermerut is a male Benermerut is offline
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Hyrule; Forest Realm
View Posts: 59
Re: Will Fi Return? Or has Fi already returned?

Fi: "Link, hear me. My purpose was to obey the command of the goddess and lead you, the chosen hero of this land, on your quest. When I first awoke and began this task, I perceived it as merely serving my function as a servant to Her Grace. However, I have come to consider the information corresponding to our time together among the most precious data I have on record. I do not have the capability to fully understand the human spirit, Link... But now, at the end of my journey with you, as I prepare to sleep within the Master Sword forever, I experience a feeling I am unable to identify. I lack sufficient data to be sure of my conclusion, but I believe this feeling correlates closest to what your people call...happiness."


Most relevant part: as I prepare to sleep within the Master Sword **forever**
3 people liked this post: Adzla, Explodia!, Rakshael
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-20-2012, 04:43 AM
Algebraic Ethan Algebraic Ethan is a female Samoa Algebraic Ethan is offline
Prince of the Zoras
Send a message via Skype™ to Algebraic Ethan
Steam ID: sarah
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: sarah
View Posts: 754
Re: Will Fi Return? Or has Fi already returned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benermerut View Post
Fi: "Link, hear me. My purpose was to obey the command of the goddess and lead you, the chosen hero of this land, on your quest. When I first awoke and began this task, I perceived it as merely serving my function as a servant to Her Grace. However, I have come to consider the information corresponding to our time together among the most precious data I have on record. I do not have the capability to fully understand the human spirit, Link... But now, at the end of my journey with you, as I prepare to sleep within the Master Sword forever, I experience a feeling I am unable to identify. I lack sufficient data to be sure of my conclusion, but I believe this feeling correlates closest to what your people call...happiness."


Most relevant part: as I prepare to sleep within the Master Sword **forever**
Even if she is sleeping within the Master Sword "forever", she can still be released. Think about it, Ganon was supposed to be sealed in the Evil Realm forever, but he ended up getting out. Fi, too, is a divine power. What's to say something cannot release her?
__________________
Yeah, I make my own signatures, I can also make some for you.



sarah <3
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-20-2012, 07:55 AM
tlozbj tlozbj is a male Puerto Rico tlozbj is online now
Light Spirit
Wii U ID: Tlozbj 3DS ID: 0001-3303-1181
Join Date: May 2012
View Posts: 4,246
Re: Will Fi Return? Or has Fi already returned?

Fi is sealed forever she also says "Even as i talk to you I feel my consciousness fading away".So if jer consciusness dissaepears she can not reappaer.
__________________
Last Edited by tlozbj; 06-20-2012 at 07:56 AM. Reason:
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-20-2012, 10:52 AM
StinksAwakening United States StinksAwakening is offline
A.K.A. ASBW, ASttP, AStinkToThePast
Join Date: Dec 2009
View Posts: 3,660
Re: Will Fi Return? Or has Fi already returned?

Quote:
Even if she is sleeping within the Master Sword "forever", she can still be released. Think about it, Ganon was supposed to be sealed in the Evil Realm forever, but he ended up getting out. Fi, too, is a divine power. What's to say something cannot release her?
I think it has to do with the fact that her mission has been fulfilled. Actually, Fi isn't something that can be involuntarily "released". Remember that she first appeared to Link on her own accord before Link ever pulled out the goddess sword in the first place. Her mission and destiny was solely to aid SS Link, and because of that, she has no reason to appear to anyone else.

But, I suppose that if she received direct orders from the gods, she could possibly reawaken. For example, I could imagine the Master Sword delivering a message from the gods to another hero.
Last Edited by StinksAwakening; 06-20-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason:
5 people liked this post: Explodia!, FlyingSombrero, Lazara the Last, Pie Master, tlozbj
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-20-2012, 11:25 AM
RainbowPie RainbowPie is a female United States RainbowPie is offline
friendship is magic
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cloudsdale
View Posts: 328
Re: Will Fi Return? Or has Fi already returned?

I think that if she was called to do so (much like AStinkToTheGassed mentioned) she could return. But i also like to think that Fi has always been in the sword, and helps Link in the smallest little ways, even if he doesnt realize it. If her duty was to aid link, I think she would continue to do so whether or not she could speak to him, or even appear at all.
__________________
20% cooler in 10 seconds flat
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Testament Testament is a female Testament is offline
Moon Cultist
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Baltimore
View Posts: 241
Re: Will Fi Return? Or has Fi already returned?

I've seen little wishful-thinking theories that involve her being Navi or other companions. I don't personally subscribe to these, but depending on what Fi means by sleeping in the Master Sword forever (like, if she is essentially dying but leaving behind her power or what have you in the blade) she could conceivably be reincarnated in some form like everyone else (some people even theorize that the red loftwing is Epona, so maybe these colors do indicate recurring characters of sorts).

I still prefer something like ZeldaGirl98 said, that's she's always in the sword and helping Link in subtle but meaningful ways.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-20-2012, 02:52 PM
tlozbj tlozbj is a male Puerto Rico tlozbj is online now
Light Spirit
Wii U ID: Tlozbj 3DS ID: 0001-3303-1181
Join Date: May 2012
View Posts: 4,246
Re: Will Fi Return? Or has Fi already returned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaGirl98 View Post
I think that if she was called to do so (much like AStinkToTheGassed mentioned) she could return. But i also like to think that Fi has always been in the sword, and helps Link in the smallest little ways, even if he doesnt realize it. If her duty was to aid link, I think she would continue to do so whether or not she could speak to him, or even appear at all.
Her duty was to protect SS Link not all Links even if they are reincarrnations of SS Link. How would she help the only way i imagined her doing that is the sword beams in future games in the timeline.
__________________
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-21-2012, 03:51 AM
Soeroah Australia Soeroah is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Land of Sharks and Snakes
View Posts: 3,054
Re: Will Fi Return? Or has Fi already returned?

It's a good thing she did do what she did, really.

Wasn't Demise's hatred sealed within the Master Sword, too, to be diminished over time along with Fi's psyche? It's a good thing the sword destroyed the remnants of Demise, considering where it ended up in Wind Waker.

Also, while there's no canonicity to this thought, I personally find the idea of Fi being the Master Sword itself amusing. Means her 'batteries' ran out after several generations, but we recharge them during Wind Waker. And curse Ganondorf to an eternity at the bottom of the ocean with Fi stuck in his head spouting off statistics.
7 people liked this post: Adzla, Eriks0n, Explodia!, quick silver, Rakshael, Sliske, Zeal
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-21-2012, 07:19 AM
quick silver quick silver is a male United States quick silver is offline
Snooty Mcfumbles
Send a message via Yahoo to quick silver
Steam ID: bagordy40
Join Date: Jan 2007
View Posts: 1,738
Re: Will Fi Return? Or has Fi already returned?

If you think about all the cool new tricks and powers the mastersword has been given in the course of the five relevant games, one might say 'it's the coolest blade evarifxxxxgwantit' or you might simply say 'derp, what were the devs thinking?'

It was the key to the sacred realm. Wouldn't that have been nice in AlttP when Link had to go through hell to get to the dark world?

It was honed so that it shone red and did more damage, and then dropped in a fat fairy's fountain so that it shone gold and did even more damage. lolwut?

The OoT sages, who were killed, lost their power, stayed asleep, were defeated or defaced by Ganon had no effect on the blade, and yet in tWW the blade lost its power because two of them stopped praying for the blade 24/7. The same thing happened in TP, two of them were killed by the executioner's blade.

It uh... got longer in tWW? huh?

The blade was given the power to repel shadow in TP, and to shine with the power of sol, which are mini power generators from the twilight realm. Imagine what that did to Fi's 'batteries'

And we are assuming that originally the sword was green and kind of stubby, and that Hylia programmed a spirit into it that would gather data from the future hero, and forces from the goddesses and eventually turn into the MS.

Listing all the things the MS could do for the hero would turn this



into this



Could we see Fi in another game? Well yeah, but what's more likely is that the MS will have completely different stuff that it can do in each new game that features it.

I also like the picture of Link above, he's like omg Fi if you pop out of here I swear to god...
__________________

Last Edited by quick silver; 06-21-2012 at 07:23 AM. Reason:
1 person liked this post: Pie Master
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-21-2012, 08:56 AM
FlyingSombrero FlyingSombrero is a female United States FlyingSombrero is offline
The MerryCat
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Amurrica
View Posts: 78
Re: Will Fi Return? Or has Fi already returned?

I don't think Fi has returned or will return. But I do believe she continues to serve future Links, just not consciously. She is the spirit of the sword, and I think will always reside there.
__________________

I am a cat. Are you? (Sig made by me!)
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-21-2012, 11:08 AM
Sliske Sliske is a male United States Sliske is offline
Guardian Dragon
Send a message via AIM to Sliske Send a message via Yahoo to Sliske
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wonderland, IN
View Posts: 2,604
Re: Will Fi Return? Or has Fi already returned?

I think Fi is still alive in the sword and knows what is happening. She chooses the hero to wield the sword, after all.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Master Sword scene - YouTube

Stop at 3:50 - 3:51
Rauru tells Link that he was chosen to be the Hero of Time by the Master Sword. Well, to me, this is pretty much proof that Fi is still alive in there.

Also, it should be noted that there are other hints that lead all the way back to SS. Here are some quotes that I found interesting from this video from Rauru.


"The Master Sword -- The evil destroying sword that you pulled out of the pedestal of time -- was the final key to the Sacred Realm."

This ties in nicely with the Master Sword, aka Goddess Sword, being needed to enter the Siren Realm's in SS.




"Only one worthy of the title Hero of Time can pull it from the Pedestal of Time."

Since the Hero of Time is already a title, it had to be owned by somebody once before. I think that SS Link is the first Hero of Time.




"However, you were too young to be the Hero of Time...."

Just strengthens what I stated up one line. OoT Link wasn't as old as SS Link, so Fi sealed his spirit into a safe place until he was old enough.
1 person liked this post: tlozbj
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Kikaider Antarctica Kikaider is offline
Jiro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Not here
View Posts: 11,916
Re: Will Fi Return? Or has Fi already returned?

Navi hasn't returned. Tatl hasn't returned. King of Red Lions hasn't returned. Ezlo hasn't returned. Midna hasn't returned. The one from PH hasn't returned. Ghost Zelda hasn't returned. I have my doubts that Fi will return.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Sliske Sliske is a male United States Sliske is offline
Guardian Dragon
Send a message via AIM to Sliske Send a message via Yahoo to Sliske
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wonderland, IN
View Posts: 2,604
Re: Will Fi Return? Or has Fi already returned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHungryHippo View Post
Navi hasn't returned. Tatl hasn't returned. King of Red Lions hasn't returned. Ezlo hasn't returned. Midna hasn't returned. The one from PH hasn't returned. Ghost Zelda hasn't returned. I have my doubts that Fi will return.
Fi is a little bit more important than those.... Let's break it down, Dear.


Navi hasn't returned because she left after OoT. Link goes to find her, leading to Majora's Mask. After that, he goes on a search for her again. If we don't get a third game explaining where she went, then no, we will never find out what happened to her, and no, she will never return.


Tatl was a character in Majora's Mask. In a different dimension. Enough said.


The King of Red Lions DIED. He was just a boat that the King of Hyrule basically possessed to aide Link. At the end of TWW, you can see that he is just a boat again (because the King died under water.) And if you want to get technical, the King of Red Lions (boat) kind of does return in PH.
Prince of Red Lions - Zeldapedia, the Legend of Zelda wiki - Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword, and more


Ezlo left back to the Minish World after the events of the MC. This world opens every 100 years. So really, he could return anytime Nintendo wanted him too.


Midna went back to the Twilight Realm and shattered the only known way to get to the TR when she left. So unless they add another way to get there, or make her show up on a different timeline, she will not return.


"That one" from PH, aka Ciela, is in the World of the Ocean King. So unless we visit there again, I doubt there is a chance that we will see her again.


Ghost Zelda was a game mechanic. That's like saying, "Wolf Link hasn't returned!" or "The Rod of Season's hasn't returned!"


Fi is the actual Spirit of the Master Sword. Sealed within the Master Sword, which is in a lot of games. She can easily return. Easily.
4 people liked this post: Pie Master, Rakshael, Seccuna, tlozbj
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Chris Handy Chris Handy is a male United States Chris Handy is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Jun 2012
View Posts: 4
Re: Will Fi Return? Or has Fi already returned?

I remember a time before Skyward Sword, when we had one piece of artwork to dissect. There was one thing about the picture of sword-less Link, with his back to Fi that I thought of even before, "Where is his sword." I thought, "That's the Fairy Queen from Wind Waker."

This could just be my thought (thus totally bogus) but Navi after Ocarina of Time, left out for some reason.

I figure what was left of the Goddess' automation was set free when Link drew the sword in Ocarina. And this, the remnants of Fi, beguiled Navi. She followed Fi, and thus began Fi's rule as Fairy Queen.
Last Edited by Chris Handy; 06-21-2012 at 04:10 PM. Reason:
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Blak Blak is a male North Korea Blak is online now
Glorious Leader
Steam ID: mister_blak
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pyongyongyongyongyang
View Posts: 1,255
Re: Will Fi Return? Or has Fi already returned?

Okay, I've found my tub of plothole filler, let's get to work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick silver View Post
If you think about all the cool new tricks and powers the mastersword has been given in the course of the five relevant games, one might say 'it's the coolest blade evarifxxxxgwantit' or you might simply say 'derp, what were the devs thinking?'

It was the key to the sacred realm. Wouldn't that have been nice in AlttP when Link had to go through hell to get to the dark world?

Perhaps the Sacred Realm had been locked to the master sword. It's a perfectly reasonable assumption.

It was honed so that it shone red and did more damage, and then dropped in a fat fairy's fountain so that it shone gold and did even more damage. lolwut?

Yes. Yes it did. How is this a problem? It just means it is comparatively more powerful in the following games.

The OoT sages, who were killed, lost their power, stayed asleep, were defeated or defaced by Ganon had no effect on the blade, and yet in tWW the blade lost its power because two of them stopped praying for the blade 24/7. The same thing happened in TP, two of them were killed by the executioner's blade.

By the point where you go up against Ganon in OoT all seven Sages are active, and therefore sustaining the Master Sword. In TP, there is considerable debate about who exactly the sages in the Arbiter's Grounds are- they are 'Ancient Sages', and bizarre spirits. There is no guarantee that the dead sage had any connection to Ruto.

It uh... got longer in tWW? huh?

Ummmm.... No?

The blade was given the power to repel shadow in TP, and to shine with the power of sol, which are mini power generators from the twilight realm. Imagine what that did to Fi's 'batteries'

Not necessarily anything. Trying to charge a battery IRL by shouting at it, shining light on it, or heating it up doesn't work- only if you supply it with the right kind of energy (electrical) will it charge.

And we are assuming that originally the sword was green and kind of stubby, and that Hylia programmed a spirit into it that would gather data from the future hero, and forces from the goddesses and eventually turn into the MS.

Yes. Yes we are.
1 person liked this post: tlozbj
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Kikaider Antarctica Kikaider is offline
Jiro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Not here
View Posts: 11,916
Re: Will Fi Return? Or has Fi already returned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelGood666 View Post
Fi is a little bit more important than those.... Let's break it down, Dear.


Navi hasn't returned because she left after OoT. Link goes to find her, leading to Majora's Mask. After that, he goes on a search for her again. If we don't get a third game explaining where she went, then no, we will never find out what happened to her, and no, she will never return.


Tatl was a character in Majora's Mask. In a different dimension. Enough said.


The King of Red Lions DIED. He was just a boat that the King of Hyrule basically possessed to aide Link. At the end of TWW, you can see that he is just a boat again (because the King died under water.) And if you want to get technical, the King of Red Lions (boat) kind of does return in PH.
Prince of Red Lions - Zeldapedia, the Legend of Zelda wiki - Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword, and more


Ezlo left back to the Minish World after the events of the MC. This world opens every 100 years. So really, he could return anytime Nintendo wanted him too.


Midna went back to the Twilight Realm and shattered the only known way to get to the TR when she left. So unless they add another way to get there, or make her show up on a different timeline, she will not return.


"That one" from PH, aka Ciela, is in the World of the Ocean King. So unless we visit there again, I doubt there is a chance that we will see her again.


Ghost Zelda was a game mechanic. That's like saying, "Wolf Link hasn't returned!" or "The Rod of Season's hasn't returned!"


Fi is the actual Spirit of the Master Sword. Sealed within the Master Sword, which is in a lot of games. She can easily return. Easily.
Sealed within the Master Sword. Who says she can easily return? It could pan out that once you are sealed in the Master Sword, you cannot break free, without some sort of spell.

As for "That one" from PH, that was just showing how I didn't find Ciela memorable.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-22-2012, 10:35 AM
Sliske Sliske is a male United States Sliske is offline
Guardian Dragon
Send a message via AIM to Sliske Send a message via Yahoo to Sliske
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wonderland, IN
View Posts: 2,604
Re: Will Fi Return? Or has Fi already returned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHungryHippo View Post
Sealed within the Master Sword. Who says she can easily return? It could pan out that once you are sealed in the Master Sword, you cannot break free, without some sort of spell.

As for "That one" from PH, that was just showing how I didn't find Ciela memorable.
Ganon seems to break free of seals like... Every 2 or 3 games. What's saying Fi can't be broken free by Link, Zelda, or even the Goddesses, in a time of need?

And sorry you felt that way.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-24-2012, 10:23 AM
fredster fredster is a male England fredster is offline
Kokiri
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Sussex, England
View Posts: 75
Re: Will Fi Return? Or has Fi already returned?

I disagree with all of you, and have my own theory. My theory implies that the Picori Sword from Minish Cap is actually the Master Sword (as the legend goes in Minish Cap that the sword was sent down from the sky) and that the "Evil" it locks away is actually Fi, who is but an image of the godesses. When she goes into the Master Sword, i believe that she gets corrupted because the godesses can no longer control her from where she is, and she then turns into the Dark Spirits that appear when Vaati breaks the "Picori" Sword in Minish Cap. Study this quote from Fi:
"Link, hear me. My purpose was to [B]obey the command of the goddess[/B] and lead you, the chosen hero of this land, on your quest. When I first awoke and began this task, I perceived it as merely [B]serving my function as a servant to Her Grace.[/B] However, I have come to consider the[B] information[/B] corresponding to our time together among the most precious [B]data[/B] I have [B]on record.[/B] I do not have the capability to fully understand the human spirit, Link... But now, at the end of my journey with you, as I prepare to sleep within the Master Sword forever, I experience a feeling I am unable to[B] identify.[/B] I lack sufficient [B]data[/B] to be sure of my [B]conclusion[/B], but I believe this feeling [B]correlates[/B] closest to what your people call...happiness." She talks as if she has no life of her own, like she is a puppet to the goddess... Makes you think doesn't it?
__________________
<Sig pending (hopefully!)> My most recent thread (and also my first!): Explaining Shiro (Majora's Mask)
Last Edited by fredster; 06-24-2012 at 10:29 AM. Reason:
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-24-2012, 11:57 AM
tlozbj tlozbj is a male Puerto Rico tlozbj is online now
Light Spirit
Wii U ID: Tlozbj 3DS ID: 0001-3303-1181
Join Date: May 2012
View Posts: 4,246
Re: Will Fi Return? Or has Fi already returned?

It would make more sense she gets corrupted by Demise remains inside the sword. But how did the sword turn into the four sword and then again into the master sword.
__________________
1 person liked this post: Sliske
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -