Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-11-2012, 05:27 PM
If the DS succeeds, we will rise to heaven, but if it fails we will sink to hell
Send a message via Skype™ to tlozbj
View Posts: 3,957
Majora and Fierce Deity

What do you guys/gals think is the backstory of MM and FD? That Majora was a demon that's armor could grant any wish and that he was inmortal like in the manga?
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 5,803
Re: Majora and Fierce Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlozbj View Post
What do you guys/gals think is the backstory of MM and FD? That Majora was a demon that's armor could grant any wish and that he was inmortal like in the manga?
The manga's non-canon.

As of now, Majora still seems to be an enigma.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-11-2012, 05:32 PM
If the DS succeeds, we will rise to heaven, but if it fails we will sink to hell

But thats the only lead we have so i used it as an example. Unless majora's true form is majora's wrath
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Light Spirit

Quote:
But thats the only lead we have so i used it as an example. Unless majora's true form is majora's wrath
Again, its non-canon trying to use it as proof is moot.

Its hard to say anything about it right now and HH didn't see it fit to actually explain it at all(scumbag >_>), perhaps Majora's wrath was its true form.
Last Edited by keyaki; 06-11-2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-11-2012, 05:38 PM

And the fierce deity could be the God of termina and he was battling with majora. Got weaken and to not lose he sealed majora and himself in masks and left the giants as protectors of Termina.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Light Spirit

Quote:
And the fierce deity could be the God of termina and he was battling with majora. Got weaken and to not lose he sealed majora and himself in masks and left the giants as protectors of Termina.
Fierce Deity is even more enigmatic than Majora. Only thing we have on it is Majora seeing the Fierce Deity as the bad guy in a game of "cops and robbers" (paraphrase).
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 97

I think that the manga should in no way be used as a basis to make any theories regarding the games.

That being said, the famous Hylian Dan theory has some neat ideas regarding a possible origin/reasoning behind Majora:
The Message of Majora’s Mask Articles - Zelda Universe

Personally, I'm not sure if I agree fully on that as an explanation for Majora. And I also am not sure if I agree that Majora and Fierce Deity have a history together.

I think that at the very least, Majora is some kind of demon. I also don't think it's necessarily something that existed in Termina. After all, the Happy Mask Salesman went far and wide for it, and he was actually in Hyrule's Lost Woods when he was attacked and the Mask stolen. It's place of origin could be anywhere.

These are all wild and unsorted thoughts on the matter, though. I've never really organized all my thoughts on Majora before. If I think it's what's supposed to end Termina or not. If it has a history with Fierce Deity. It's clearly malicious in nature and likes to toy with the negative emotions, such as those harbored by Skull Kid. There's too little information in the game to make a real solid conclusion. But there are definitely some interesting implications depending on where you take any given theory.

I'd like to hear what some other people think, at least.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,252

I think Hylian Dan's theories are the best ideas on the matter so far.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Light Spirit

LOL and I thought I was the only one who took his theories as fact
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-11-2012, 05:46 PM

The HMS could had been returning from Termina. Because the only tribe that could make hexings in Hyrule would be the Twili. Majora could be a demon that the Terminan counterpart of the twili revered and after the battle they recover the mask of the demon and used it for hexing in Ikana. That being why theirs lizard licking the triforce in the statues and FD was a helper of the GG. Who is Hylian Dan?
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Kokiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyaki View Post
LOL and I thought I was the only one who took his theories as fact
I don't think anyone should take any theories as fact unless they are confirmed by someone who has authority over the series, like it's developers or story writers. But I do think that, while I don't agree with everything he said, Hylian Dan had some really interesting ideas, and I do like a lot of them. Especially regarding Stone Tower.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Light Spirit

Quote:
Who is Hylian Dan?
Look at the link provided below and you'll know.

Quote:
I don't think anyone should take any theories as fact unless they are confirmed by someone who has authority over the series, like it's developers or story writers. But I do think that, while I don't agree with everything he said, Hylian Dan had some really interesting ideas, and I do like a lot of them. Especially regarding Stone Tower.
I was kidding mostly, but I do agree with the theory.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-11-2012, 05:59 PM
/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY /watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY is a male Central African Republic /watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY is offline
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via Skype™ to /watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY
View Posts: 1,075

I've seen so most threads on various forums in relation to this, personally I think that there is little or no relationship between the Fierce Deity and Majora. The idea of there being some form of animosity between the Majora and the Fierce Deity preceding the finale of Majora's Mask has been born out of the manga or the imagination of the Zelda fan base.

I've started to be of the belief that the Fierce Deity could just be a mask that Majora made to test Link's level of restrain; will he take the mask and become the "true bad guy" or will he decline and face Majora head on without falling temptation to the power the mask holds?

After all, the events that occur throughout Majora's Mask are like one big game for Majora, why would he slowly bring the Moon down to Termina instead of just smashing it down? Why does he dance around when he's in the form of Majora's Incarnation? Why does he smack his bum at you when you look through the telescope?
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Majora is childish. Part of the game is Link battling childishness and becoming an adult.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-11-2012, 06:15 PM

So we can say the game is based in the transition from kid to adult and thats why the game is so dark.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Kokiri

Quote:
So we can say the game is based in the transition from kid to adult and thats why the game is so dark.
Based in? No.
It's a theme touched upon though, yes.
1 person liked this post: tlozbj
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-11-2012, 06:28 PM
/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY /watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY is a male Central African Republic /watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY is offline
Sage of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullDude View Post
Majora is childish. Part of the game is Link battling childishness and becoming an adult.
In which part does Link battle childishness?
Last Edited by /watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY; 06-11-2012 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-11-2012, 06:31 PM

Okay lets take that theme and ad it to the theory. Maybe Majora was a childish teen who didn't wanted to grow up and his father wanted him to grow up and saw his father as a deity a fierce deity. His father always hitted his son to see if that maked him grow up. The giants saw that and decided to take action and sealed them both in masks. Majora's was one with playful colors and kinda childish while the father's became the one of a angry man. Thats why Majora called the mask the real bad guy.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Majora is childish. His boss room is a giant playroom. The four masked children's areas are filled with toy blocks. I think you really ought to read the Hylian Dan article on it.
1 person liked this post: tlozbj
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullDude View Post
Majora is childish. His boss room is a giant playroom. The four masked children's areas are filled with toy blocks. I think you really ought to read the Hylian Dan article on it.
Yeah, I know Majora's childish, in fact that is the basis of my first point but when does Link battle childishness? You said that "Part of the game is Link battling childishness and becoming an adult." At which point does Link battle childishness?
Last Edited by /watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY; 06-11-2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote