Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 1
New Theory about the Deku Butler and Son.

Spoiler Warning: This post may contain spoilers from the Legend of Zelda series.

Majoras Mask - An Alternative Route?:
Recently ive been playing Majoras Mask and a few things strike me as odd.
First theres the Keaton grass in the starting are despite the fact that you cant accuire the mask to use it untill you enter clock town and cant return, this happens twice almost as if hinting that you can.
Im sure you are all familiar with the Deku Butlers son theory, its intresting to note that in a game all about helping people that Majora has cursed the only unresolved issue is the Deku Butler and his Son which is also shown at the end of the game possibly hinting that its not over yet? and I do have a theory...
In the Deku Butler maze the same graphics from the first area are reused which to my knowlage happens nowhere else in the game (another hint mabey?) its also worth noting that there are other routes which generally close up faster than you can get through them.
If you follow my meaning im wondering about another route through the maze which could lead back to the starting area and undiscovered plot sequences. Has anyone ever tried to use gameshark to return to the area with all items or start the game with all items? If so did they have all the songs aswell?
A map of the maze, the dead ends are closed doors:

The Alice In Wonderland Majoras Mask Connection:
Aside from the obvious that Link travels to another dimention.
The Giants mask allows you to grow in size.
You seek out mushrooms in the woods.

A Few Glitches That May Have Uses:

Ocarina of Time - Singing Medalions:
Note: It has been a long time since I last played Ocarina of Time and im not sure I have remembered this sequence correctly neither have I shared it before.
To the best of my knowlage all you have to do for this glitch is enter the quest screen and play one of the musical notes and then move over to one of the sage medalions or tribal stones (without going over anything else) and press A to make it play the first note from the song you just played (you can also bend the pitch like you can with the ocarina) moving then to another stone or medalion (although you must be quick) will allow you to play the next note in that sequence.
Im not sure if this is a programing error (glitch) or if it has some undiscovered uses but its intresting none the less.

Skyward Sword - Crashing the game:
Im pretty sure this dosnt have any uses but mabey someone here knows something I dont..
Anyway for this glitch you have to be on the boat that protects a flame in the captins room (where you get the boss key) in the past (by use of time crystal)
fly the beetle through the electrified doorway and up through the grate in the cealing and then into the time crystal from some reason instead of returning the ship to the past the game crashes. I cant think of a good reason this happens but im sure there is one...
Last Edited by Revealingmysecrets; 05-09-2012 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Only during the darkest of times can one light shine the brightest
View Posts: 343
Re: New Theory about the Deku Butler and Son.

I can definitely tell that you're not a native English speaker.

That is an interesting theory. I personally just recently finished the maze part of the game, so I might go back and try to prove/disprove your theory. If your theory is correct, it would at least give us a little back-story into how the Deku Butler's son died...
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 12:33 PM
gone with the ghost train
View Posts: 4,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revealingmysecrets View Post
Recently ive been playing Majoras Mask and a few things strike me as odd.
First theres the Keaton grass in the starting are despite the fact that you cant accuire the mask to use it untill you enter clock town and cant return, this happens twice almost as if hinting that you can.
I went there to try it with the Keaton Mask with cheats, and the Keaton didn't show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoid View Post
I can definitely tell that you're not a native English speaker.

That is an interesting theory. I personally just recently finished the maze part of the game, so I might go back and try to prove/disprove your theory. If your theory is correct, it would at least give us a little back-story into how the Deku Butler's son died...
The Deku Mask form is a manifestation of the Deku Butlet's son. Majora killed him that enabled it to change Link into.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 10:44 AM
The King in Yellow
Steam ID: Gilgameš
View Posts: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikson View Post
I went there to try it with the Keaton Mask with cheats, and the Keaton didn't show up.
Cheats kill so many unsolved mysteries... : (

To work on your doubts and fears.

Give me the headline -- I'll give you the war;

A greedy and cold profiteer.
"
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Banana banana banana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta pie
Send a message via Skype™ to Uzuki Cheverie
Steam ID: Uzuki_Cheverie

View Posts: 11,355

That's really interesting, and now it's got me curious O.o I never noticed that 'alternate room' thing when you follow the Butler through the maze either, so now I want to figure that out too XD You may have a point with it, especially considering that during the credits it shows the Butler mourning for his 'dead' son and you're kind of left with that feeling that you weren't really able to help him with his problem (especially considering about 70% of MM is composed of sidequests that would force you into situations to make the residents of Termina happy). \

As for the Keaton Grass, can you explain? I've never heard of that before, despite playing through the beginning of MM over a million times O.o

-Uzuki Cheverie
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2012, 06:59 PM
If you are trying to fool me, it is impossible.
View Posts: 263

i really think its probably impossible to do anything further with the deku butler or his son
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2012, 09:06 PM
I give people the gift of hate, so much lovely hate.
View Posts: 687

They didn't design the game to do anymore with the Deku Butler and his Son than what you already have, his Son died before Link even set foot in Termina... The Deku Mask and the Deku, Link becomes are derived from the Deku Butler's Son, as we're all aware. Using game sharks and cheats to get into somewhere that you couldn't do normally won't solve any mysteries, Nintendo does just give us mysteries we will never truly solve... We just need to face it.

If there was anything more to do with it, I'm sure the extremely hardcore theorists that we have here would of found out by now in the several years since the games release.
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely...

Revolo Secundum Mihi: Ego Sum Solvo

Repeat After Me: I Am Free

#8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,252

It's interesting stuff, but the son died for a reason. Link isn't supposed to be able to make everything return to the way it was. The entire game is about loss.
Last Edited by SkullDude; 05-15-2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2012, 09:56 PM
I give people the gift of hate, so much lovely hate.
View Posts: 687

Well, he didn't die for a reason, his death may of helped in the long run, but he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time...
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely...

Revolo Secundum Mihi: Ego Sum Solvo

Repeat After Me: I Am Free

#10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcidus View Post
Well, he didn't die for a reason, his death may of helped in the long run, but he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time...
I don't think the original quote was saying that the Deku Butler's Son died for some in-game reason. It was saying that the game developers had Deku Butler's Son die for the purpose (or reason) of accenting the game's theme of loss - and perhaps inevitability.