$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2012, 06:29 PM
gone with the ghost train
View Posts: 4,946
Re: Is there a world map?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscen View Post
How would you place Holodrum and Labrynna if you were to expand it?
I could be wrong, but I think they are faraway lands so they won't be close to Hyrule.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-05-2012, 07:18 AM
GIMME BACK MAH RUPEES
Send a message via Skype™ to hijuliaa
View Posts: 2,484

There was a thread I saw a few weeks ago, where someone made a HUGE world map combining all of the games, and suggesting that throughout the years, Hyrule would either expand or shrink, and possibly due to dangers, would get up and move. It was a really well done map, and I'm sure I could find it here somewhere.
And he/she used parts of the AoL map and suggested that those were once Holodrum and Labrynna, which eventually got annexed into Hyrule. There was actually a comparison between the Holodrum map and the section of AoL land, and they were eeriely similar.
It was definitely the best theory and map I've seen.

EDIT: Here it is. Post HH-Geography
Last Edited by hijuliaa; 05-05-2012 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Tsjeriċu, baibai
Send a message via Skype™ to Gaba
Steam ID: bluefireman33
View Posts: 6,180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slagr View Post
I can't begin to describe how much I hate this map. Termina's in the right spot, but that's all it got right. It completely neglects AoL, which shows the largest area we've ever seen in a Zelda game, and Labrynna and Holodrum are arbitrarily placed here, when they more likely belong somewhere in the AoL map.

There are many better fan-maps.
Let's see your map, then.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Honestly, I think anyone that is ballsy enough to attempt an entire hyrule map is a-okay in my book. Not very fond of someone dumping on someone else's work that no doubt took hours maybe days when they themselves aren't willing to attempt it!

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Don't complain. Fix it! (:
Last Edited by Gaba; 05-05-2012 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Jedi Master Sagan Jedi Master Sagan is a male United States Jedi Master Sagan is offline
made of star stuff
Send a message via AIM to Jedi Master Sagan Send a message via Yahoo to Jedi Master Sagan Send a message via Skype™ to Jedi Master Sagan
View Posts: 2,823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvagia_slayer View Post
Granted, none of these pieces of evidence make it inarguable that Termina isn't in an alternate dimension (though there's also no evidence that makes it inarguable that Termina does exist in an alternate dimension except perhaps HH's word, but even that is iffy, since if Termina was literally a parallel universe, Link never would have been able to reach it, so the wording of the translation might be somewhat off), but it does make it extremely clear that Termina and Hyrule are much closer than two lands in alternate dimensions would normally be.
Whoa, whoa, what? Since when has the definition of parallel reality included "never being able to reach it?" 70 years of sci-fi and comics says otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamtos View Post
I'd call you our resident science fairy but you have more of a tendency to bulldoze over theories and "science bulldozer" just doesn't have that nickname sparkle.
1 person liked this post: Rakshael
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-05-2012, 11:39 PM
Sheikah
View Posts: 523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoshi View Post
Whoa, whoa, what? Since when has the definition of parallel reality included "never being able to reach it?" 70 years of sci-fi and comics says otherwise.
I was speaking in a literal sense. If it was truly a parallel reality in which it never touches another reality, then there would be no way to get to it because it doesn't touch anything that would allow you to get there.

Sci-fi and comics get around this by inventing devices that make the "parallel" universes less than parallel, connecting the two universes.
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,252

I think the general usage of "parallel universe" in fiction should take precedent over a mathematical interpretation.
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Sheikah

^Doesn't matter one way or the other, since that was never an important part of my post. Just a random parenthetical that Yoshi decided to pull out and comment on for whatever reason.
Last Edited by Volvagia_slayer; 05-06-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Jedi Master Sagan Jedi Master Sagan is a male United States Jedi Master Sagan is offline
made of star stuff
Send a message via AIM to Jedi Master Sagan Send a message via Yahoo to Jedi Master Sagan Send a message via Skype™ to Jedi Master Sagan

Hey man, if you're going to be pedantic and use terms in a manner that nobody else does, expect confusion.

Quote:
I'd call you our resident science fairy but you have more of a tendency to bulldoze over theories and "science bulldozer" just doesn't have that nickname sparkle.
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Sheikah

Anyone that uses the term "parallel" literally uses it the way I did... Not sure how using a word correctly makes me pedantic. (And there was no need for confusion since that part of my post had nothing to do with the argument being presented.)
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-06-2012, 06:14 PM
made of star stuff

It is pedantic, because in the context of alternate realities, the accepted meaning of "parallel" does not include "can never interact." Which is why I questioned it to begin with. But hey, if you're saying that I shouldn't read the entirety of your posts in the future, I'll keep that in mind.

In any case, this threadjack has gone on long enough, so I'll drop the matter.

Quote:
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Sheikah

^But I wasn't talking about the generally accepted context of alternate realities with that particular sentence, was I?

So I'm not saying you shouldn't read every bit of my posts in the future. I'm just saying you should use the context each sentence is provided with.
Last Edited by Volvagia_slayer; 05-06-2012 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Knight of Skyloft
View Posts: 884

This may be a bit off subject, but where would New Hyrule (ST) be in relation to the rest of the world? It would obviously have to be on much higher ground, but where? Or is it actually in the realm of the ocean king (PH)?
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-07-2012, 02:07 PM
Glorious Leader
Steam ID: mister_blak
View Posts: 1,235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscen View Post
This may be a bit off subject, but where would New Hyrule (ST) be in relation to the rest of the world? It would obviously have to be on much higher ground, but where? Or is it actually in the realm of the ocean king (PH)?
New Hyrule? North. Far, far north on a plateau in very high mountains.

It would have to be completely frozen over, due to both latitude and altitude, until the point of the flood where it would warm up for similar reasons to Britain.

As for TROTOK in PH... It's a world created by a giant whale. It doesn't need to exist yet.
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika View Post
Let's see your map, then.
It's just this:

plus this:

With AoL's and OoX's maps scaled such that TP's map fits into the area where LoZ's goes. Also Termina is to the west, with the mountains, desert, and forest lined up with TP. Koholint "is" in the water between King's tomb and LoZ Hyrule.
Last Edited by Slagr; 05-09-2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 06:19 AM
Sage of Wisdom
Steam ID: g_man526
View Posts: 1,183

And I don't suppose Arcadia and Calatia of the animated series are taken as canon around these parts?

LoZ - AoL - ALttP - LA - OoT - MM - OoX - WW - FSA - TMC - TP - PH - ST - SS - ALBW

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Check out my blog! http://hoppedonpop.wordpress.com
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 10:58 PM
'Im just me, being me'
View Posts: 721

It simply isn't possible Hyrule is for the most part redesigned for gameplay reasons to create a new world to explore although many landmarks are common between multiple games (Death Mountain for example). THE END.
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-11-2012, 10:03 AM
DarknessGuide DarknessGuide is a male United States DarknessGuide is offline
Strike in the bottom of the evil
View Posts: 1,226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slagr View Post
It's just this:

plus this:

With AoL's and OoX's maps scaled such that TP's map fits into the area where LoZ's goes. Also Termina is to the west, with the mountains, desert, and forest lined up with TP. Koholint "is" in the water between King's tomb and LoZ Hyrule.
Termina is a parallel universe, confirmed by HH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Dude View Post
And I don't suppose Arcadia and Calatia of the animated series are taken as canon around these parts?
I don´t know about Arcadia, but Calatia is said to be west of Death Mountain( and no, it is not Termina)

DI: Demise Invasion
DIW: Dark Interloper Wars( its pretty obvious that the conflict occur during the Era of Chaos)
HoM: Hero of Men
FSBS: Four Swords Back Story
NHF: New Hyrule´s Foundation
GE: Ganondorf Execution
IW: Imprisoning War
SZ: Sleeping Zelda
DoHH: Decline Of Hyrule and the last Hero
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-11-2012, 01:30 PM
made of star stuff

Was that in the Japanese version? I thought that was something NoA added for the localization. Y'know, like "Dragmire."

Quote:
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Sheikah

^Calatia has never been mentioned in any of the English games. (I've never even heard of "Arcadia" until just now.)
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessGuide View Post
Termina is a parallel universe, confirmed by HH
Oh, I didn't know that. (Of course I knew that.) That doesn't mean that the landmass of MM doesn't exist in Hyrule's dimension, it just means that Termina itself exists in a different dimension. The Termina landmass's eastern border matches perfectly with TP's western border, and that leads me to believe that they are adjacent.

I'd say that Termina is a far more likely eastern neighbor to Hyrule than the non-canon Calatia.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvagia_slayer View Post
(I've never even heard of "Arcadia" until just now.)
Arcadia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Last Edited by Slagr; 05-14-2012 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote

Tags
hyrule, world map