Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2012, 12:27 AM
Mogma
View Posts: 151
Lightbulb Hyrule Returns in Adult Timeline?

I just saw a quote from the Great Deku Tree in Wind Waker.

He says, "Forests hold great power: they can change one tiny island into a much larger island. Soon, a day will come when all the islands are one, connected by earth and grove. And the people who live on that great island will be able to join hands and, together, create a better world. Such is my dream."

Also, I heard the the trees planted by the Koroks can help return the land of Hyrule to the surface. Hopefully, this means Hyrule will once again move back to where it was as the trains from Spirit Tracks span farther away. Just my theory, but I hope Nintendo will go with it. I personally think it would serve as a true sequel to Wind Waker on the return to the Great Sea, but with more land surrounding it.

Thank you for reading.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2012, 12:29 AM
ELpaca

View Posts: 17,368
Re: Hyrule Returns in Adult Timeline?

I think this thread is more suited in the Zelda Theorizing forum.

*moves thread*

Ich Will: "As a kid I remember grabbing cats by their tails and spinning them around like you do with Bowser in Mario 64. Then I'd throw them away. Dunno if I got that from the game though lol."
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2012, 12:39 AM
Mogma

Oh, whoops. I was thinking for the future though...
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2012, 04:25 AM
windwackster windwackster is a male United Kingdom windwackster is offline
The Wind Waker
View Posts: 875

But whats the point? The original Hyrule was washed away in the end so even if it "returns" it has to be rebuild anew so in the end, you still have a "new" land thats different from the original. So you might as well go for the New Hyrule of Spirit Tracks. =/

But that's just my opinion. ^^
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2012, 06:01 AM
Hylia and Zelda in name only, for she is neither...
Send a message via Skype™ to Her Grace
View Posts: 470

Even if it returned, it would be a nothing but empty ravaged land with how forceful the ocean can be over time. By the time it came back, no living person would have knowledge of it. By the time of Spirit Tracks alone, the only people who seem to know about the old Hyrule are Princess Zelda and Anjean. The whole purpose of New Hyrule is that we can now have Zelda games that can easily get away with becoming steampunk and what'cha. The purpose of that land is that we don't need to be bound to the old Hyrule so much anymore. With New Hyrule the developers can freely tell a whole new story of a whole new kingdom with new mythology and new legends. Even a new 'feel'. Spirit tracks has a somewhat 'modern' feel to it because it takes place in a new world with cannons and trains. We already have the old kingdom to explore in two other timelines, so let's keep the Adult Timeline a place of potential steampunk Zelda and brand new stories.

Facebook: Bookface
Twitter:Tweetland

If you add me to your list of 3DS friends please leave me a visitor or personal message with your own Friend Code so that I can add quickly you as well. Thanks!
Last Edited by Her Grace; 04-29-2012 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Reila
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2012, 06:20 AM
Light Spirit
Send a message via Yahoo to Erikson Send a message via Skype™ to Erikson
View Posts: 4,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkSwing View Post
Also, I heard the the trees planted by the Koroks can help return the land of Hyrule to the surface. Hopefully, this means Hyrule will once again move back to where it was as the trains from Spirit Tracks span farther away.
It wasn't about getting Old Hyrule to return (this is what Ganondorf wanted), but creating new land altogether. That's going to take more than 100 years, and that's only how long ST spans from TWW/PH. So it's actually going to span farther than ST if we are to see the Great Deku Tree's wish to come true.
Miyamoto: Right. And it isn't a port. It is a remake, but in the truest sense of the word.
Iwata: You remade it from scratch.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2012, 08:14 AM
Al "Stinkfoot" Bundy Wins
View Posts: 3,439

Old Hyrule was destroyed by the king's triforce wish. There's nothing there. The Great Deku Tree's plan would create a "pangaea" of sorts, but it would be a new land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganon Vader View Post
It's good that Ganon got revived for LOZ because when he invaded Hyrule, he destroyed all of its linearity.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2012, 09:16 AM
OcarinaofKeith OcarinaofKeith is a male United States OcarinaofKeith is offline
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 371

yes sadly hyrule was washed away.. ganon is dead.. and links hylian bloodline doesnt exist..its such a depressing timeline i hope they dont go back to it
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Temple of Time Guardian Temple of Time Guardian is a male Canada Temple of Time Guardian is offline
Guardian of Time
View Posts: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcarinaofKeith View Post
and links hylian bloodline doesnt exist..
The ONLY timeline where it exists is Child Timeline. Did that make the Downfall timeline terrible?

I really don't think old Hyrule is coming back. The trees were washed away, and the survivors moved far away.

I think the only limitations for post-ST games are either including the spirit tracks or explaining why they disappear.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
yes sadly hyrule was washed away.. ganon is dead.. and links hylian bloodline doesnt exist..its such a depressing timeline i hope they dont go back to it
You mean the Hero of Time's bloodline ceases to exist. I really don't see the big deal there, as most of them are unrelated anyway. In the Decline Timeline he is outright killed, there is a short period of peace and then the formerly innocent people of Hyrule go to war against each other over the Triforce and the Gorons and Zoras move to Holodrum and Labrynna, and Hyrule slowly starts to diminish. When that happens, nearly the entire Hylian race goes extinct and 'Hyrule' goes on the verge of losing its name. The Decline Timeline is not only depressing, but we still haven't seen it recover. The last we saw of it, Ganon's minions are scattered everywhere and are out to kill the latest Link. Hyrule itself has moved, leaving the old kingdom in ruin.

At least we can say that the Adult Timeline is much happier world in its latest appearance. The land is vibrant, the technology is advancing and it is being protected by incarnations of Link and Zelda who are much more capable than many of their predecessors because they make a great team.

If you add me to your list of 3DS friends please leave me a visitor or personal message with your own Friend Code so that I can add quickly you as well. Thanks!
Last Edited by Her Grace; 04-29-2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
5 people liked this post: Blak, Fal'Cie, Orangy, Reila, windwackster
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Zora Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temple of Time Guardian View Post
The ONLY timeline where it exists is Child Timeline. Did that make the Downfall timeline terrible?

I really don't think old Hyrule is coming back. The trees were washed away, and the survivors moved far away.

I think the only limitations for post-ST games are either including the spirit tracks or explaining why they disappear.
Well but in the downfall timeline he carried the knights blood...he wasnt even hylian in the AT.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Temple of Time Guardian Temple of Time Guardian is a male Canada Temple of Time Guardian is offline
Guardian of Time
View Posts: 114

Quote:
Well but in the downfall timeline he carried the knights blood...he wasnt even hylian in the AT.
I don't know where you got that from. Both AT Links were definitely Hylian.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2012, 01:20 AM
Mogma

I meant that the land would expand, along with New Hyrule. So they might move the Castle or something. I did not want people to start ranting about how it wouldn't happen or that the AT and DT are depressing (OoT is in the AT timeline so I try not to play it).

The fact that the topic moved to whether the AT Links were Hylian or not is just flat out ridiculous.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2012, 05:33 AM
The King in Yellow
View Posts: 346

Eventually it will -- but that, my guess, is a faraway time. A time we will perhaps never see.

Well ain't I sentimental today. Hm.

To work on your doubts and fears.

Give me the headline -- I'll give you the war;

A greedy and cold profiteer.
"
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Zora Warrior
Send a message via AIM to kymeric
View Posts: 319

At the bottom of the sea theres a layer of muck and silt, so even if the Deku Trees plan works all of the landmarks and castles and ruins will be under 20 feet of dirt.

They might as well be on a new continent then.

The only thing of interest down their is the triforce and the imprisoned Ganondorf. Imagine thousands of years later theres a little bit of the top of a tower sticking out of the ground with a large stone with the master sword sticking out of it. Please dont pull it out, lol.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2012, 12:14 PM

Old Hyrule's gone in the AT--- as in completely wiped out. If there was something there, then that would mean that King Daphnes' wish wasn't granted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymeric View Post
The only thing of interest down their is the triforce and the imprisoned dead Ganondorf nothing.
There, fixed it for ya.

Quote:
It's good that Ganon got revived for LOZ because when he invaded Hyrule, he destroyed all of its linearity.
Last Edited by ASBW; 04-30-2012 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Zora Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her Grace View Post
You mean the Hero of Time's bloodline ceases to exist. I really don't see the big deal there, as most of them are unrelated anyway. In the Decline Timeline he is outright killed, there is a short period of peace and then the formerly innocent people of Hyrule go to war against each other over the Triforce and the Gorons and Zoras move to Holodrum and Labrynna, and Hyrule slowly starts to diminish. When that happens, nearly the entire Hylian race goes extinct and 'Hyrule' goes on the verge of losing its name. The Decline Timeline is not only depressing, but we still haven't seen it recover. The last we saw of it, Ganon's minions are scattered everywhere and are out to kill the latest Link. Hyrule itself has moved, leaving the old kingdom in ruin.

At least we can say that the Adult Timeline is much happier world in its latest appearance. The land is vibrant, the technology is advancing and it is being protected by incarnations of Link and Zelda who are much more capable than many of their predecessors because they make a great team.
Yes I meant the heroes bloodline no longer exists...its just sad for me because it no longer takes place in hyrule down under...the decline timeline i thought was the best one and has the most amazing story of all of them

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temple of Time Guardian View Post
I don't know where you got that from. Both AT Links were definitely Hylian.
I didnt mean that.. i meant he didnt carry the bloodline of the knights... i was rambling made an error..obviously theyre all hylian
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Yes I meant the heroes bloodline no longer exists...its just sad for me because it no longer takes place in hyrule down under...the decline timeline i thought was the best one and has the most amazing story of all of them

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

I didnt mean that.. i meant he didnt carry the bloodline of the knights... i was rambling made an error..obviously theyre all hylian
There is no actual "hero's bloodline", just the "spirit of the hero" that implies all Links are spiritual reincarnations. I suspect that you are thinking of dialogue in A Link to the Past, where the game's hero is said to be descended from past knights of Hyrule. The Hero of Time's ancestry was never revealed, no reference to his father and only one to his mother. We don't know whether he had close ties to respected knights, if his father was one, ect. Most heroes in the series do not come from a bloodline of knights either way. For example, all we know about the Hero of Twilight's ancestry is that it's tied to farming and he is suspected to be descended from the Hero of Time. Most heroes in the series come from random families who have no knight connection, if you catch my drift.

Besides, considering the royal bloodline survived, regardless or not of whether the Hero of Time is closely related to knights, other members of that bloodline would have survived and continued it but not as knights.

#19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Zora Warrior
Send a message via AIM to kymeric
View Posts: 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyMcBean View Post
Old Hyrule's gone in the AT--- as in completely wiped out. If there was something there, then that would mean that King Daphnes' wish wasn't granted.

There, fixed it for ya.
rock and stone > water

also scissors beats paper
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymeric View Post
rock and stone > water

also scissors beats paper
actually, water > rock and stone

Quote: