Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 7
Fi = demon?

Fi looks a lot like final form ghirahim, I mean diamond on chest and the hair Fi just looks more benevolent than ghirahim and

#2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 04:14 PM
A.K.A. ASBW, ASttP
View Posts: 3,570
Re: Fi = demon?

No. Fi is the spirit created by Fi that resides in the Goddess Sword/Master Sword, not a demon.

The so-called "demons" in Zelda don't actually have a specific look. They're just evil creatures that were created/summoned by evil beings such as Demise and Ghirahim.
Last Edited by StinksAwakening; 04-27-2012 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: 1984
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 06:14 PM
Súndav Istalrí Súndav Istalrí is a male United States Súndav Istalrí is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to Súndav Istalrí
View Posts: 928

well the MS/Fi is like anti Ghirahim/Sword
and since Hylia (and possibly sages) created the MS to look like Ghirahims sword form it isn't unreasonable to assume they made Fi look similar to Ghirahim

Quote:
On 1/8/14, at 9:32 PM, Double A wrote:
> we were just discussing how we'd like to rub syrup all over your sculpted torso
Quote:
On 1/13/14, at 2:44 AM, Double A wrote:
> [refering to a pic of me] omigod sundav my panties can't take it
5 people liked this post: 1984, Caskett, Lazara the Last, Rakshael, SCIENTIST Jwal
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-28-2012, 02:31 AM
SCIENTIST Jwal SCIENTIST Jwal is a female United States SCIENTIST Jwal is offline
Ask me about my mushrooms!
Send a message via Skype™ to SCIENTIST Jwal

View Posts: 4,946

Both are sword spirits.

[My Zelda Wiki Page]
Jwal's Shop:FB|dA|Etsy
FC: 1332-7760-5087
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Filthy beast of meat and hair
Send a message via Skype™ to Jin
View Posts: 545

Quote:
Originally Posted by Súndav View Post
well the MS/Fi is like anti Ghirahim/Sword
and since Hylia (and possibly sages) created the MS to look like Ghirahims sword form it isn't unreasonable to assume they made Fi look similar to Ghirahim
This is pretty much what I have come to believe. That Ghirahim came first and later on Hylia created Fi as a counterpart. Only with a few differences to the form. Essentially making Fi in a more twisted mockery of Ghirahim than the other way around.

When the first pics of Demise came out everyone noticed the evil version of the master sword in his hands but I think it is safer to realize that his sword came first. So in reality the Master Sword is a good version of Demise's sword that specializes in defeating demons. Almost in pure defiance of Demise by defeating him with a mockery of his own sword.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-28-2012, 11:42 AM
MrBaconsock, Totakeke
View Posts: 2,538

I think a better term for them both would be "Android Fairies".
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2012, 12:12 PM
The only one that's allowed to hurt you.
3DS ID: 4012-4033-0549
View Posts: 1,798

Is Ghirahim a demon himself? I thought he was just a demon lord.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2012, 12:24 PM
A.K.A. ASBW, ASttP
View Posts: 3,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine's Wrath View Post
Yes, he's a demon.

Quote:
Ghirahim:
I've let a mere boy make a fool of me
for the last time. You stand before a
demon
...or should I say, a weapon
without mercy!
Also, early dialogue from the SS Demo has him calling himself simply a "demon" that presides over the surface, but this was later changed to "demon lord" for some reason.
Last Edited by StinksAwakening; 05-01-2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totakeke View Post
I think a better term for them both would be "Android Fairies".
Well that is possible but we have to realize that to a Hylian who grew up in a relatively medieval atmosphere that does not have any such concept of artificial intelligence, data, or programming whatsoever, Fi just resembles any other lifeform. It is her natire as an energy type of creature that can seemingly appear and disappear at will that causes people to want to equate her to concepts that they do understand. And what fits best in that case is spirit. Spirits can float about in the air and appear or disappear into strange locations and situations with little to no effort at all. She might as well be one of those.

She does leave little hints in her speech that she is much more technological than anything else but it is never elaborated upon. However I do love a setting that likes to mix the technology and magic of the world instead of strictly divide the two. Magitech has a way of making things a bit more interesting sometimes. And when you have devices that are inhabited by spirits and powered by living eldritch energies then the item might as well be alive.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Jedi Master Sagan Jedi Master Sagan is a male United States Jedi Master Sagan is offline
made of star stuff
Send a message via AIM to Jedi Master Sagan Send a message via Yahoo to Jedi Master Sagan Send a message via Skype™ to Jedi Master Sagan
View Posts: 2,749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine's Wrath View Post
Being a demon lord kind of implies being a demon as well, y'know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamtos View Post
I'd call you our resident science fairy but you have more of a tendency to bulldoze over theories and "science bulldozer" just doesn't have that nickname sparkle.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Knight of Skyloft
View Posts: 884

Yeah I'm going to agree and say that Ghirahim/ anti-MS actually existed first. And Phi/ MS was created to be a mockery to Demise's sword. And that's why she sometimes seems like an android spirit. She is deffinitely a spirit, but she has these android-like attributes because she technically was artificially made to be the benevolent counterpart to Ghirahim.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,982

There really isn't that substantial a gap between "spirits" and "demons" in Japanese folklore, so sure.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Knight of Skyloft
View Posts: 884

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
There really isn't that substantial a gap between "spirits" and "demons" in Japanese folklore, so sure.
Just a side note, my grade school theology teacher once told us that the word "demon" isn't always necessarily attributed to the "demons" we're all familiar with. And that it could be used in some cases as simply "spirit". So yeah. Use that as you will :p
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2012, 09:23 PM
I give people the gift of hate, so much lovely hate.
View Posts: 687

There is a defiant connection between the two, but too decide which one came first, the Skyward Sword, or Demise's Sword. Seeing as the Master Sword isn't created to it's full power until Link creates it. Demise could of simply done the exact same to Hylia, turning her most sacred weapon and twisting it into something full of evil and malefic desires. Thus creating Ghirahim.

That sounds like something Demise would do more than Hylia would, turning something that's meant to be pure and filled with light, and creating an abomination of it, but either way works.
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely...

Revolo Secundum Mihi: Ego Sum Solvo

Repeat After Me: I Am Free

#15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 3

in my opinion (correct me if there is information that says otherwise) i believe that Fi/spirit sword/master sword and Ghirahim/"hell sword" were created at the same time and demise (being evil as he is) stole the "hell sword" and tainted ghirahim assuming the goddesses created both swords (for peace)
in the case of an android spirit considering the evidence of a highly technological past the two swords are probably the mix of both magic and an AI.
Last Edited by kirbyy9; 05-16-2012 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Light Spirit
Wii U ID: Tlozbj 3DS ID: 0001-3303-1181
View Posts: 4,165

i dont think so because hylia created fi and why would the goddess hylia create a demon to bring peace. so if fi was a demon she would not be with link because the master sword would have kill her
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-18-2012, 12:39 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 3

no okay neither of them are demons they were both good in the beggining then demise came about and (like i said before) "tainted" Ghirahim/"hell sword"
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-18-2012, 12:43 AM
I give people the gift of hate, so much lovely hate.
View Posts: 687

No, it'd make more sense if Demise created an evil version of a sacred sword, one which only the pure can touch, it'd be a massive blow especially if he uses the sword to kill holy things...
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely...

Revolo Secundum Mihi: Ego Sum Solvo

Repeat After Me: I Am Free

#19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-18-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyy9 View Post
in my opinion (correct me if there is information that says otherwise) i believe that Fi/spirit sword/master sword and Ghirahim/"hell sword" were created at the same time and demise (being evil as he is) stole the "hell sword" and tainted ghirahim assuming the goddesses created both swords (for peace)
in the case of an android spirit considering the evidence of a highly technological past the two swords are probably the mix of both magic and an AI.
Only there is no evidence to back up this claim at all. Nothing said in the games, the HH or anywhere else ever points to Ghirahim ever being good, nor a creation of the goddess. In fact we know barely anything about him other than that he introduces himself as a "Demon Lord." Nothing stated that Demise corrupted anything to make Ghirahim. At least nothing that I have ever seen. Even Fi at first claims to know nothing about him but later on calls him by the title Demon Lord.

Quote:
I have no confirmed information about this man, other than he refers to himself as a "Demon Lord."

I sense a powerful and evil aura, and I estimate his level of ability as highly adept. However, according to analysis, he has yet to reveal his true power.
Also in the intro that tells us the setting there is a representation when the demons are shown with one character on the far left that many have taken to be Ghirahim.

This would mean that he was among the demons that erupted from the earth and destroyed the land before Fi was even created.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-19-2012, 09:03 AM
Kokiri
View Posts: 91

Zelda often uses direct contrasts, and this is no exception. Ghirahim acts as the contrast to Fi, with essentially the same mission; he is preparing the rise of the villian who will wield him, and Fi preparing Link to become the first hero to weild her. SS is meant to be the archetype for all the later set games that ironically came before it.

From a story perspective this also mirrors the contrast between the hero Link and anti-hero Gannon seen later. The triforce can only be used by mortals, and in this way Gannon becomes the vehicle to deliver an ironic death to Hyrule. The only true difference then between Gannon and Link is what lies in their heart.

Tags
ghirahim, skyward sword, sword