Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 02:25 PM
OcarinaofKeith OcarinaofKeith is a male United States OcarinaofKeith is offline
Zora Warrior
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North Jersey
View Posts: 371
Adult timeline conclusion

okay so the adult timeline hyrule gets flooded cause of NO hero to stop ganon why couldnt the young link who returned home...age, have kids and have his bloodline be the hero again.. why did he go the past and it was almost as he never existed even though everyone else still did
__________________
May the way of the hero lead to the Triforce!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Temple of Time Guardian Temple of Time Guardian is a male Canada Temple of Time Guardian is offline
Guardian of Time
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Temple of Time
View Posts: 114
Re: Adult timeline conclusion

In the ending he went back to before he even met Zelda. He tells her about Ganondorf and prevents everything you do after meeting her originally from ever happening. You're not a brother to the gorons, you're not Ruto's fiancee, you don't battle Ganon. Link never does anything that would make him a hero in that timeline.

he can't go back because:
A. He closed the Door of Time
A1. He'd never be able to get the spiritual stones in the new timeline without Ganon
B. He's no longer needed in the AT, so the sages sent him back.
C. He had already changed the timeline to eliminate the old future.
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Mack
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 02:42 PM
OcarinaofKeith OcarinaofKeith is a male United States OcarinaofKeith is offline
Zora Warrior
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North Jersey
View Posts: 371
Re: Adult timeline conclusion

but then why does he know to go see zelda at the end of the game.. he must have knowledge of some sort, though its a different timeline, MM proves he has prior konwledge and the capability of being a hero.. so why couldnt he just reprise the role and come back to fight again when ganon returned...though he never knew him to begin with

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

another question if ganons future was prevented in the adult timeline.. how was able to attack again if several things happened
1. he never attacked initially
2. he never had the triforce because the series of events was prevented
3. did he not die over time because he was still a human and didnt have the TOP to let him live as long as he did
__________________
May the way of the hero lead to the Triforce!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 04:24 PM
Norebo Italy Norebo is offline
Royal Hylian
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: in the fridge
View Posts: 933
Re: Adult timeline conclusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcarinaofKeith View Post
but then why does he know to go see zelda at the end of the game.. he must have knowledge of some sort, though its a different timeline, MM proves he has prior konwledge and the capability of being a hero.. so why couldnt he just reprise the role and come back to fight again when ganon returned...though he never knew him to begin with

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

another question if ganons future was prevented in the adult timeline.. how was able to attack again if several things happened
1. he never attacked initially
2. he never had the triforce because the series of events was prevented
3. did he not die over time because he was still a human and didnt have the TOP to let him live as long as he did
mmh, I'm not quite understaing your point, sir.

First of all, Link WAS recognized as a hero in the new timeline, because he had the Triforce mark, and all the memories from his adulthood.

Doing everything all over again would've been stupid, so he just managed to get Ganon's arrested (revealing the future happenings to Zelda and the King).

When Ganon was executed in the Mirror Chamber by the Sages (in spiritual form, as they weren't killed by Ganon/They did not need to incarnate), he got the Triforce of Power by "divine prank", mostly because Link brought his piece in the new timeline, and the Triforce split giving the other pieces to the legitimate/default/predestined owners (Zelda and Ganon).

I hope this helped a little solving your problem (which, I repeat, I don't quite get).
Last Edited by Norebo; 04-23-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 04:37 PM
keyaki keyaki is a male keyaki is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ~
View Posts: 6,138
Re: Adult timeline conclusion

What Link did in the past after he was sent back doesn't alter the future in the adult timeline. After what happened the adult timeline, Link couldn't do anymore going back to the past to tell Zelda didn't alter the future in the adult timeline.

Now, that's not to say that Link's actions didn't alter the future at all. It did, which is how we have the Child timeline, specifically Twilight Princess.

But the Adult timeline can't be altered after whats happened regardless what Link tried to do.

Quote:
so why couldnt he just reprise the role and come back to fight again when ganon returned
Already answered, Link put the Master Sword back for good and closed the Door of Time permanently because the Ocarina of Time was left in the future. Not only that, its not like Link actually knew Ganondorf would come back some day.
__________________
Last Edited by keyaki; 04-23-2012 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Norebo Italy Norebo is offline
Royal Hylian
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: in the fridge
View Posts: 933
Re: Adult timeline conclusion

^ well, the ocarina of time existed in the child timeline too, so technically time travel between the two eras MAY have been possible after all. But it didn't happen.
Everything else you said, I agree.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 05:05 PM
keyaki keyaki is a male keyaki is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ~
View Posts: 6,138
Re: Adult timeline conclusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Mortipher View Post
^ well, the ocarina of time existed in the child timeline too, so technically time travel between the two eras MAY have been possible after all. But it didn't happen.
Everything else you said, I agree.
Never said it didn't exist, just said that Link left it in the future. Besides even so, he still needed the 3 Spiritual Stones and for some reason, they were gone when he got back.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Phyrior Phyrior is a male Phyrior is offline
Sage of Wisdom
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Meditating in the Temple
View Posts: 1,009
Re: Adult timeline conclusion

Well, honestly: Who is to say there wasn't a Pre-Flood AT hero?

Keep in Mind that in both the AT and DT(or, as I prefer to call it, Hyrule Prime), Link didn't survive, and was thus unable to pass down his blood.

How then was it a new hero could rise?

Simple, all Heroes are born of the Knights.

What did we see in Skyward Sword?

The Knight Academy.

Simply put, ALL Hylians are related to the Knights of Hyrule, even if distantly so.

This is why, even in the first games of 'Humans and Hylians', there has been a Link sporting Elvish ears.

Keep in Mind, the same is also true for Zelda, who, we should remember is effectively the reincarnation of the 'Mother' of all Hylians.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 06:12 PM
keyaki keyaki is a male keyaki is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ~
View Posts: 6,138
Re: Adult timeline conclusion

Quote:
Keep in Mind that in both the AT and DT(or, as I prefer to call it, Hyrule Prime), Link didn't survive, and was thus unable to pass down his blood.
How do we know that for sure?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 06:18 PM
Phyrior Phyrior is a male Phyrior is offline
Sage of Wisdom
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Meditating in the Temple
View Posts: 1,009
Re: Adult timeline conclusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyaki View Post
How do we know that for sure?
Are you suggesting Link was fooling around in the 'bad future'?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 06:22 PM
keyaki keyaki is a male keyaki is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ~
View Posts: 6,138
Re: Adult timeline conclusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyrior View Post
Are you suggesting Link was fooling around in the 'bad future'?
I'm saying we don't know anything of the whereabouts of the Hero of Time after MM. Nothing says anything, not even the HH. Sure he's dead in TP but we don't know how or when he died.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Phyrior Phyrior is a male Phyrior is offline
Sage of Wisdom
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Meditating in the Temple
View Posts: 1,009
Re: Adult timeline conclusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyaki View Post
I'm saying we don't know anything of the whereabouts of the Hero of Time after MM. Nothing says anything, not even the HH. Sure he's dead in TP but we don't know how or when he died.
Please note that you said after MM, meaning after the split happened, and the 'Hero of Time' ceased to be in the DT and AT.

There's no way he could have had children/descendants in either of those timelines, and yet you bring up the enigma of what happened after he'd already been sent back and sealed off?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 06:42 PM
keyaki keyaki is a male keyaki is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ~
View Posts: 6,138
Re: Adult timeline conclusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyrior View Post
Please note that you said after MM, meaning after the split happened, and the 'Hero of Time' ceased to be in the DT and AT.

There's no way he could have had children/descendants in either of those timelines, and yet you bring up the enigma of what happened after he'd already been sent back and sealed off?
You're suggesting that the Hero of Time "didn't survive" meaning he died somehow and all I'm saying is we don't know what happened to him after OoT.
__________________
Last Edited by keyaki; 04-23-2012 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Phyrior Phyrior is a male Phyrior is offline
Sage of Wisdom
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Meditating in the Temple
View Posts: 1,009
Re: Adult timeline conclusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyaki View Post
You suggesting that the Hero of Time "didn't survive" meaning he died somehow and all I'm saying is we don't know what happened to him after OoT.
In either of those timelines.

In the DT, he was killed by Ganondorf.

In the AT, he was sent back and effectively -ceased to exist- in that reality.

Maybe I worded it a tad poorly, but the end result is the same.

No Hero of Time to perpetuate the bloodline of the Hero, how do they still exist?

Simple enough, as I said, all Hylians are related to the Knights.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 06:48 PM
keyaki keyaki is a male keyaki is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ~
View Posts: 6,138
Re: Adult timeline conclusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyrior View Post
In either of those timelines.

In the DT, he was killed by Ganondorf.

In the AT, he was sent back and effectively -ceased to exist- in that reality.

Maybe I worded it a tad poorly, but the end result is the same.

No Hero of Time to perpetuate the bloodline of the Hero, how do they still exist?

Simple enough, as I said, all Hylians are related to the Knights.
In this, we agree.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Norebo Italy Norebo is offline
Royal Hylian
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: in the fridge
View Posts: 933
Re: Adult timeline conclusion

well, on this issue, Demise's curse come in handy:
Quote:
Those like you... Those who share the
blood of the goddess and the spirit of
the hero
... They are eternally bound to
this curse.
This would translate in: all the princesses are related to each other, all the heroes share the same spirit. There's no need for Link to always be part of the same bloodline.
Last Edited by Norebo; 04-24-2012 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-24-2012, 10:51 PM
Phyrior Phyrior is a male Phyrior is offline
Sage of Wisdom
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Meditating in the Temple
View Posts: 1,009
Re: Adult timeline conclusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Mortipher View Post
well, on this issue, Demise's curse come in handy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demise
Those like you... Those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero... They are eternally bound to
this curse.
This would translate in: all the princesses are related to each other, all the heroes share the same spirit. There's no need for Link to always be part of the same bloodline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by One of the Seven Maidens
Link, because of you, I can escape from the clutches of the evil monsters. Thank you!

...Do you know the prophecy of the Great Cataclysm? This is the way I heard it...

If a person who has an evil heart gets the Triforce, a Hero is destined to appear...

...and he alone must face the person who began the Great Cataclysm.

If the evil one destroys the Hero, nothing can save the world from his wicked reign.

Only a person of the Knights Of Hyrule, who protected the royalty of Hylia, can become the Hero... You are of their blood-line, aren't you? Then you must rescue Zelda without fail.
The original Knights of Hyrule were the people of Skyloft, who had the Knight Academy.

That was my meaning.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Norebo Italy Norebo is offline
Royal Hylian
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: in the fridge
View Posts: 933
Re: Adult timeline conclusion

Obviously the AT Link/s are not related to that bloodline.
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Lazara the Last
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-25-2012, 11:38 PM
Jedi Master Sagan Jedi Master Sagan is a male United States Jedi Master Sagan is offline
made of star stuff
Send a message via AIM to Jedi Master Sagan Send a message via Yahoo to Jedi Master Sagan Send a message via Skype™ to Jedi Master Sagan
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Francsico
View Posts: 2,750
Re: Adult timeline conclusion

A crackpot idea I came up with earlier today was that the New World was raised from the sea during the flood specifically for the Hylians, the majority of whom resettled there, bearing witness to Malladus' war against the kami. The people of the Great Sea are in fact the descendents of those who chose to stay behind and stand watch in case Ganondorf managed to escape. The people most likely to do such a thing would be the surviving knights, so there you go.
__________________
Heretic
SS > MC > OoT|MM > LttP > ALBW > OoS|OoA|LA > TP > FS|FSA > LoZ|AoL > WW|PH > ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamtos View Post
I'd call you our resident science fairy but you have more of a tendency to bulldoze over theories and "science bulldozer" just doesn't have that nickname sparkle.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-26-2012, 09:31 AM
OcarinaofKeith OcarinaofKeith is a male United States OcarinaofKeith is offline
Zora Warrior
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North Jersey
View Posts: 371
Re: Adult timeline conclusion

This is just some weird time paradox cause link goes back into to the past so according to time travel hed still be present in the future...but in this zelda case he doesnt exist...thats the weird part
__________________
May the way of the hero lead to the Triforce!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -