Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2012, 01:25 PM
Ningan the Lone Ninja Ningan the Lone Ninja is a male United Kingdom Ningan the Lone Ninja is offline
Sheikah
View Posts: 5,607
Re: Stallord = Volvagia (just dead)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-Tech View Post
Oh dear, sorry mate. Anyway as it was pointed out that spirits can change form and Lanayru is a spirit and has an ambiguous fate after SS... I guess he could have got the Stallord body if he was reborn? Though that opens up the question on why he'd be killed in a prison for criminals against he goddesses. Still disagree on the horns though, there are cones and then there are bull horns!
I'm still convinced...after all, he was the only dragon who seemed mortal during Skyward Sword. And maybe the prison was built on Lanayru Gorge, and Lanayru's skeleton remained untouched?
Last Edited by Ningan the Lone Ninja; 04-29-2012 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2012, 01:37 PM
Mad Vodka Drinking Yahoo
View Posts: 2,456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningan the Lone Ninja View Post
I'm still convinced...after all, he was the only dragon who seemed mortal during Skyward Sword.
I disagree, the first time we meet Faron she was near death, and it was implied the 'Blin forces on EldinVolcano were building up to attack Eldin. Lanayru was merely taken out by an illness of mysterious origin. With it cured he wouldn't just keel over, though I admit he may be easiest to dispose of in a fight due to age.

Quote:
And maybe the prison was built on Lanayru Gorge,
That seems unsound, how would building over a corpse leave it on the top floor?

Quote:
and Lanayru's skeleton remained untouched?
Spears! Corpse! Nobody ever listens to the Professor!

Oh, is that a gal I see? No, it's just a fal'Cie!
Last Edited by Fal'Cie; 04-29-2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2012, 04:43 PM
The King in Yellow
Steam ID: Gilgameš
View Posts: 346

There seems to be certain hieroglyph(s?) in the Arbiter's Grounds that rather greatly resembles Volvagia, which could lend a little credibility to the original theory. But I can only get a incredibly small google image search out of it, the original has long since expired from someone's photobucket.

I need to dust TP again and go in there and see myself.

To work on your doubts and fears.

Give me the headline -- I'll give you the war;

A greedy and cold profiteer.
"
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2012, 06:06 PM
A.K.A. ASBW, ASttP
View Posts: 3,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgameš View Post
There seems to be certain hieroglyph(s?) in the Arbiter's Grounds that rather greatly resembles Volvagia, which could lend a little credibility to the original theory. But I can only get a incredibly small google image search out of it, the original has long since expired from someone's photobucket.

I need to dust TP again and go in there and see myself.
Talking about these?

I think they're meant to depict Stallord and Death Sword.
Last Edited by StinksAwakening; 04-29-2012 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Jedi Master Sagan Jedi Master Sagan is a male United States Jedi Master Sagan is offline
made of star stuff
Send a message via AIM to Jedi Master Sagan Send a message via Yahoo to Jedi Master Sagan Send a message via Skype™ to Jedi Master Sagan
View Posts: 2,819

I gotta agree with TurkeyMcBean. None of that says "Volvagia" over anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamtos View Post
I'd call you our resident science fairy but you have more of a tendency to bulldoze over theories and "science bulldozer" just doesn't have that nickname sparkle.
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Hylia and Zelda in name only, for she is neither...
Send a message via Skype™ to Her Grace
View Posts: 475

Quote:
I'm still convinced...after all, he was the only dragon who seemed mortal during Skyward Sword. And maybe the prison was built on Lanayru Gorge, and Lanayru's skeleton remained untouched?
You seem to be forgetting that Lanayru was saved and seemed to have abandoned the area when it became a desert. He also said he had eternal life.

Facebook: Bookface
Twitter:Tweetland

If you add me to your list of 3DS friends please leave me a visitor or personal message with your own Friend Code so that I can add quickly you as well. Thanks!
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2012, 05:35 AM
The King in Yellow
Steam ID: Gilgameš
View Posts: 346

Third one, yes. Of course that is nothing definite once again, but I'm aperson who likes to believe.

I need to dig deeper.

To work on your doubts and fears.

Give me the headline -- I'll give you the war;

A greedy and cold profiteer.
"
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Ningan the Lone Ninja Ningan the Lone Ninja is a male United Kingdom Ningan the Lone Ninja is offline
Sheikah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her Grace View Post
You seem to be forgetting that Lanayru was saved and seemed to have abandoned the area when it became a desert. He also said he had eternal life.
Then how do you explain...THIS?!

#49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Mad Vodka Drinking Yahoo

Simple, their lifespan is unlimited by they are still mortal.
Did you even read what they said in game? Or um, my rebuttal?

In any case let's remember the basics. Arbiters Grounds is both used as a prison and execution area. The hole Stallord was in is soon revealed to be an enormous pit. He has weapons embedded in him and there are soldier bodies in the sand.
My hypothesis is Stallord was simply an enormous monster, it was captured and kept in the pit as a prisoner or perhaps even as something to feed prisoners to. Eventually the guards decided to execute it, but they still suffered fatalities. Does this seem logical?
The key point in this is that the 'cell' was an enormous pit. Why would you keep a flying monster in an open pit?

#50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2012, 02:03 PM
Sheikah

Quote:
Simple, their lifespan is unlimited by they are still mortal.
Yes, I read everything they said, and it was never explained how Lanayru could die even though he said "I have eternal life". Both Lanayru and Faron explained that he had been neglecting his health, but none of them stated that this could result in his death.
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2012, 02:13 PM
Mad Vodka Drinking Yahoo

It doesn't need to be spelled out, why would they worry if he couldn't die to begin with? Again Faron was near death when we meet her because of Ghirahim.

So Lanayru would need to run afoul of something as strong as Ghirahim if he were to be killed. And those spears in Stallord look quite mundane.

#52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Only during the darkest of times can one light shine the brightest
View Posts: 343

Quote:
No to all the above. I believe Stallord's origins were explained in Skyward Sword:

It seems to match up, as Lanayru Gorge is located in a desert, and maybe on one timeline, Lanayru wasn't revived, and his remains were eventually possessed by Zant. (Remember, the remains weren't originally evil, Zant cursed them.)
This is the best and most compatible theory I've seen on here thus far. Not to mention I love that picture of Stallord. I might 3D that...
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Sheikah

Quote:
Quote:
It doesn't need to be spelled out, why would they worry if he couldn't die to begin with?

This argument is going round in circles. I have my theory, you have-wait, you don't have a theory! You're here to disprove everyone else's! What do you think Stallord is?
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Mad Vodka Drinking Yahoo

Quote:

This argument is going round in circles. I have my theory, you have-wait, you don't have a theory!
Don't you be flingin' memes at me boyo!

You say we're going in circles but you haven't said a thing about quite a few points of mine.

Why was he killed in a prison for criminals against the Goddesses?
How could they keep him in a pit?
What was strong enough to kill him?
Why do they look nothing alike?
Why don't his eyes glow with undeath when Zant sits about on his noggin like when we see him in Lanayru Gorge?

Finally run through your theory again, so far it seems to be - Lanayru dies at___ because of ___, afterwards _________ until we see Zant revive him as Stallord in Arbiters Grounds.

Quote:
You're here to disprove everyone else's!
And doing a bang up job!

Quote:
What do you think Stallord is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
In any case let's remember the basics. Arbiters Grounds is both used as a prison and execution area. The hole Stallord was in is soon revealed to be an enormous pit. He has weapons embedded in him and there are soldier bodies in the sand.
My hypothesis is Stallord was simply an enormous monster, it was captured and kept in the pit as a prisoner or perhaps even as something to feed prisoners to. Eventually the guards decided to execute it, but they still suffered fatalities. Does this seem logical?
The key point in this is that the 'cell' was an enormous pit. Why would you keep a flying monster in an open pit?
This, I believe Stallord was like the Minotaur or Rancor in a sense.

1 person liked this post: Ningan the Lone Ninja
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Sheikah

Quote:
The key point in this is that the 'cell' was an enormous pit. Why would you keep a flying monster in an open pit? This, I believe Stallord was like the Minotaur or Rancor in a sense.
Wow...I like it! But does that mean that you presume Stallord was evil in his living state? In that case, my Lanayru theory does not support yours. However, for the sake of the thread, your theory actually supports the possibility of him being Volvagia or some other beast.
  #56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Mad Vodka Drinking Yahoo

Quote:
Wow...I like it! But does that mean that you presume Stallord was evil in his living state? In that case, my Lanayru theory does not support yours. However, for the sake of the thread, your theory actually supports the possibility of him being Volvagia or some other beast.
Maybe evil, maybe just feral, I doubt it was once good, why would it have been killed in the grounds if it was a good being? But definitely not Volvagia, otherwise he could fly or even dig out. I was thinking along the lines of a previously unseen beast, possibly extinct now, nothing of great intelligence or otherwise notability.

In any case if you elaborate on your theory fully it may gain more support.

Last Edited by Fal'Cie; 05-01-2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote

Tags
boss, oot, stallord, twilight princess, volvagia