Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,372
Okay explain it to me~

Granted I haven't gotten that far in Skyward Sword yet(if I had my own Wii, I would've beaten it the week I had bought it)

But as far as I have gotten I have to say that I just don't see any connection between Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess. I barely see any connection between that and Minish Cap and Ocarina of Time but I see more of a connection with in-between Skyward Sword and Oot than Twilight Princess.

Basically what I'm asking is, exactly what connection do you guys see in between Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess? Because I'm not seeing it.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Temple of Time Guardian Temple of Time Guardian is a male Canada Temple of Time Guardian is offline
Guardian of Time
View Posts: 114
Re: Okay explain it to me~

there's not meant to be a direct connection. The whole idea of Skywad sword is to set the backstory for the rest if the games. SS is not directly related to any other game.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Light Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temple of Time Guardian View Post
there's not meant to be a direct connection. The whole idea of Skywad sword is to set the backstory for the rest if the games. SS is not directly related to any other game.
What I'm saying is, in the past members have been saying there a particular connection between TP and SS despite SS being the backstory for the entire series and I just wanna know what they're talking about.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Temple of Time Guardian Temple of Time Guardian is a male Canada Temple of Time Guardian is offline
Guardian of Time
View Posts: 114

Well we see similiarities such as Link's character design and the province system, but plot wise there's little direct relation.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-17-2012, 04:51 PM
A.K.A. ASBW, ASttP, AStinkToThePast
View Posts: 3,703

Just echoing what ToTGuardian said, there are a lot of similarities, but no direct plot connection, unless you count the Triforce, Demise's curse, which results in the repeated reincarnations of Link, Zelda, and Ganon, and the establishment of Hyrule. I believe that the majority of the supposed connections to TP derives from early speculation from before the game was released.
Last Edited by StinksAwakening; 04-17-2012 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Light Spirit

That's true, but there are some that came after the release.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,009

Potential Spoiler:

The Oocca<->Shiekah Connection
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-18-2012, 12:31 AM
Sheikah
View Posts: 538

Yeah, I never really saw the TP connections either. I mean, I saw more connection between SS and ST than I did SS and TP, for what it's worth...
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-18-2012, 01:15 AM
MrBaconsock, Totakeke
View Posts: 2,548

The Eldin, Lanayru, and Faron Provinces.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-18-2012, 05:24 AM
Hylia and Zelda in name only, for she is neither...
Send a message via Skype™ to Her Grace
View Posts: 479

The connections between Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess are more mythological than anything to do with their unconnected storyline. In Skyward Sword, we see the characters whom the provinces also featured in Twilight Princess named after. A lot of the so-called connections some people insist are there are merely fan speculation and not fact. S0me of these include the 'ancient hero' mentioned in Twilight Princess being the Link from Skyward Sword and the Oocca having once been the people of Skyloft who stayed in the sky. While I do believe the latter, it isn't confirmed.

Skyward Sword does have mythological connections to the entire series, however. Some of these include the reason why so many women in the Royal Family are named Zelda, why they pass down mysterious powers, why the Sheikah are so loyal to them, why the symbol of Hyrule is a bird, why courage, wisdom and power keep clashing, how the Master Sword came to be, where symbols of the Seven Sages came from, how the desert came to be, why the Hylians are named what they are and more directly... where the name 'Hylia' used for Lake Hylia and the Great Bridge of Hylia came from.

Many games in the series have these mythological connections to Skyward Sword.

Facebook: Bookface
Twitter:Tweetland

If you add me to your list of 3DS friends please leave me a visitor or personal message with your own Friend Code so that I can add quickly you as well. Thanks!
1 person liked this post: Eriks0n