Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 12:31 AM
Ryuu Kage Desu Ryuu Kage Desu is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Mar 2012
View Posts: 25
Alternate realms

At first I was going to bring this up in one of my previous threads, but I feel that it deserves it's own topic.

Link has slipped in to parallel realms many times through out the series. I would like to go over these. What are the realms, which ones could (and not) be the same?

I like to think that Majora's Mask took place in a realm, like the dark realm in A Link to the Past. Could they be one in the same?
Then there are the silent realms in Skyward Sword, and the Midna's realm in Twilight Princess.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 12:37 AM
keyaki keyaki is a male keyaki is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ~
View Posts: 6,227
Re: Alternate realms

Termina and the Dark Realm in A Link to the Past are completely different.

Read the Zelda Timeline from HH, better yet, play Ocarina of Time. The Dark Realm was once the Sacred Realm that became tainted after Ganondorf got a hold of the Triforce. His malice reflected upon the Sacred Realm and turned the Realm into a dark and evil place~

Termina is just a parallel world to Hyrule. There's no relation~

The Twilight Realm, was surely just a separate, stand-alone Realm, same with Termina~
__________________
Last Edited by keyaki; 03-30-2012 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 12:39 AM
Rakshael Rakshael is a male United States Rakshael is offline
Hyper Light...
Send a message via AIM to Rakshael Send a message via Skype™ to Rakshael
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Yaevin
View Posts: 2,729
Re: Alternate realms

Yeah pretty much what he said^
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Ryuu Kage Desu Ryuu Kage Desu is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Mar 2012
View Posts: 25
Re: Alternate realms

So you are saying that each realm is it's own pocket universe that only comes in to play for a short period of time. Are they supposed to be created for whatever need and then whither away?

It seems very odd to me. I don't think that it took the sacred realm being tainted for it to have architecture, society, or geography. And if you notice, when link travels between the light and dark realms, it is all Hyrule. So i don't think that the realm that Link "shifted" to was Termina, but an unnamed realm while in Termina.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 05:50 PM
keyaki keyaki is a male keyaki is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ~
View Posts: 6,227
Re: Alternate realms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu Kage Desu View Post
So you are saying that each realm is it's own pocket universe that only comes in to play for a short period of time. Are they supposed to be created for whatever need and then whither away?

It seems very odd to me. I don't think that it took the sacred realm being tainted for it to have architecture, society, or geography. And if you notice, when link travels between the light and dark realms, it is all Hyrule. So i don't think that the realm that Link "shifted" to was Termina, but an unnamed realm while in Termina.
Its Termina. You're thinking too hard on the subject. There's no science behind it or anything. No dimension within dimension or anything.

And no its not like the different dimensions and realms wither away after the game is done. Most like realms like the Twilight Realm and Termina existed for almost as long as Hyrule, hell maybe even before Skyward Sword. They didn't become known until the game that presents them.

And the Sacred Realm becoming Dark doesn't have much to do with the way it appears. Besides Ganon filling it with monsters and turning the Temple of Light in the center of the Sacred Realm into the Pyramid of Power, most like the Sacred Realm mirrored Hyrule Castle Town in appearance.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 07:15 PM
Temple of Time Guardian Temple of Time Guardian is a male Canada Temple of Time Guardian is offline
Guardian of Time
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Temple of Time
View Posts: 114
Re: Alternate realms

The one's I'm aware of are:
Hyrule's Realm (+ Skyloft, Holodrum, Labyrana*, and New Hyrule [ST])
Silent Realm(?)/Sacred Realm/Golden Realm/Dark Realm [ALttP]
Termina Realm
Ocean King's Realm
Dark Realm [ST]
Twilight Realm
Realm of Memories(???) [FS: AE]

*No idea how that's properly spelt

If they're not listed together they're no proper evidence they are the same.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 08:06 PM
keyaki keyaki is a male keyaki is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ~
View Posts: 6,227
Re: Alternate realms

Well for one thing, I think the Realm of Memories is just for gameplay, aka non-canon~

I'm not sure about the Dark Realm in Spirit Tracks. Every part of Hyrule is called a 'Realm' of some sort, I don't think the Dark Realm is no different besides it being separate from the rest of Hyrule~

I can't say much about the Silent Realm since I haven't gotten that far with SS yet~
__________________
Last Edited by keyaki; 03-30-2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 09:02 PM
Rakshael Rakshael is a male United States Rakshael is offline
Hyper Light...
Send a message via AIM to Rakshael Send a message via Skype™ to Rakshael
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Yaevin
View Posts: 2,729
Re: Alternate realms

The Silent Realms are mental and spiritual tests for Link. They take place within his mind and can only call out to him. It's like a scripted dream where he is conscious and makes choices. It's not its own alternate dimension or traditional "realm".
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Jedi Master Sagan Jedi Master Sagan is a male United States Jedi Master Sagan is offline
made of star stuff
Send a message via AIM to Jedi Master Sagan Send a message via Yahoo to Jedi Master Sagan Send a message via Skype™ to Jedi Master Sagan
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Francsico
View Posts: 2,822
Re: Alternate realms

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyaki View Post
Well for one thing, I think the Realm of Memories is just for gameplay, aka non-canon~

I'm not sure about the Dark Realm in Spirit Tracks. Every part of Hyrule is called a 'Realm' of some sort, I don't think the Dark Realm is no different besides it being separate from the rest of Hyrule~

I can't say much about the Silent Realm since I haven't gotten that far with SS yet~
No way that Malladus' Dark Realm is part of the Light World. For one thing, it's an endless abyss with the only notable features being train tracks suspended in the void.
__________________
Heretic
SS > MC > OoT|MM > LttP > ALBW > OoS|OoA|LA > TP > FS|FSA > LoZ|AoL > WW|PH > ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamtos View Post
I'd call you our resident science fairy but you have more of a tendency to bulldoze over theories and "science bulldozer" just doesn't have that nickname sparkle.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Slagr Slagr is a male United States Slagr is offline
Sage of Wisdom
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: IL
View Posts: 1,008
Re: Alternate realms

Two dimensions that might be the same (at least in terms of type of dimension) are the Ocean King's and the Wind Fish's dream.
__________________
__________WW/PH-ST
SS-tMC-FS-OoT
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻMM-TP-FSA-LttP-LoZ/AoL/OoS/OoA/LA
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 10:53 PM
keyaki keyaki is a male keyaki is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ~
View Posts: 6,227
Re: Alternate realms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slagr View Post
Two dimensions that might be the same (at least in terms of type of dimension) are the Ocean King's and the Wind Fish's dream.
No way of knowing but I doubt it. Seeing that the Realm of the Ocean King is a lot bigger and involves more island and such than the Wind Fish's dream where it was just Koholint Island~
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Temple of Time Guardian Temple of Time Guardian is a male Canada Temple of Time Guardian is offline
Guardian of Time
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Temple of Time
View Posts: 114
Re: Alternate realms

Unless the Ocean King and the Wind Fish are the same, that would be unlikely, and almost impossible. Because Koholint did not technically exist it also wouldn't count as a realm.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 11:31 PM
keyaki keyaki is a male keyaki is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ~
View Posts: 6,227
Re: Alternate realms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoshi View Post
No way that Malladus' Dark Realm is part of the Light World. For one thing, it's an endless abyss with the only notable features being train tracks suspended in the void.
Well it is connected by the Spirit Tracks to Hyrule~
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Temple of Time Guardian Temple of Time Guardian is a male Canada Temple of Time Guardian is offline
Guardian of Time
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Temple of Time
View Posts: 114
Re: Alternate realms

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyaki View Post
Well it is connected by the Spirit Tracks to Hyrule~
By a magic gate. The Dark Realm doesn't quite fit inside that island, even with the innacurate overworld scale (you know: how Alfonzo is the size of the passenger car in the scene where the tracks dissappear, but at other points you could fit dozens of people inside it). it obviously couldn't be in the same general location, and it's probably not even in the same dimension. Nothing in there is anything like the Zelda universe's other realms.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2012, 09:43 AM
Ryuu Kage Desu Ryuu Kage Desu is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Mar 2012
View Posts: 25
Re: Alternate realms

A little food for thought. Not as many theories as I thought there would be.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2012, 04:04 PM
keyaki keyaki is a male keyaki is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ~
View Posts: 6,227
Re: Alternate realms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temple of Time Guardian View Post
By a magic gate. The Dark Realm doesn't quite fit inside that island, even with the innacurate overworld scale (you know: how Alfonzo is the size of the passenger car in the scene where the tracks dissappear, but at other points you could fit dozens of people inside it). it obviously couldn't be in the same general location, and it's probably not even in the same dimension. Nothing in there is anything like the Zelda universe's other realms.
Ah, touche~
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Volvagia_slayer Volvagia_slayer is offline
Sheikah
Join Date: Feb 2007
View Posts: 523
Re: Alternate realms

I also believe that ST's Dark Realm is the same as OoX's Dark Realm that Twinrova mention summoning Veran and Onox from (which would also make the realm mentioned in AoL this same Dark Realm where Ganon's minions called forth monsters from following their master's death).

And Dark Realm (AoL, OoX, ST) ≠ Dark World (ALttP).
However, Evil Realm (OoT) = Dark World (ALttP) in terms of physical space (they're both the corrupted Sacred Realm) even though the two realms came into being in slightly different ways.

I also don't believe that the Silent Realm is the Sacred Realm since the Sacred Realm appears to be a very physical place that exists in another dimension as a mirror to the Light World while the Silent Realm is merely a spiritual place that seems to exist "on top of" the Light World rather than in a separate dimension.

I also don't think that FSA's Dark World is the same place as any other realm in the series because of how differently it acts than every other realm (except maybe the Dark Realm, but I'm skeptical about those two being the same as well).
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-01-2012, 06:51 PM
keyaki keyaki is a male keyaki is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ~
View Posts: 6,227
Re: Alternate realms

Quote:
I also believe that ST's Dark Realm is the same as OoX's Dark Realm that Twinrova mention summoning Veran and Onox from (which would also make the realm mentioned in AoL this same Dark Realm where Ganon's minions called forth monsters from following their master's death).
Twinrova summoned Veran and Onox from the Dark World. There's no relation between the Dark Realm of Hyrule in ST and the tainted Sacred Realm~

Quote:
However, Evil Realm (OoT) = Dark World (ALttP) in terms of physical space (they're both the corrupted Sacred Realm) even though the two realms came into being in slightly different ways.
No they didn't. You said it yourself. The Evil Realm in OoT is the same as the Dark World in Alttp. That also means how the Evil Realm came into being in OoT is the only way we see~
__________________
Last Edited by keyaki; 04-01-2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Volvagia_slayer Volvagia_slayer is offline
Sheikah
Join Date: Feb 2007
View Posts: 523
Re: Alternate realms

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyaki View Post
Twinrova summoned Veran and Onox from the Dark World.
The games say that Twinrova summoned Veran and Onox from the Dark Realm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyaki View Post
No they didn't. You said it yourself. The Evil Realm in OoT is the same as the Dark World in Alttp. That also means how the Evil Realm came into being in OoT is the only way we see~
The games say that they came into being in different ways. In OoT we are told that the Evil Realm formed because Ganondorf walked in and it naturally reflected his evil nature. In ALttP we are told that the Dark World formed because Ganon wished on the Triforce to rule the world, and his wish caused the Sacred Realm to transform into the Dark World. The Evil Realm existed before Ganon got ahold of the Triforce. The Dark World didn't exist until AFTER Ganon got the Triforce.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-01-2012, 11:53 PM
keyaki keyaki is a male keyaki is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ~
View Posts: 6,227
Re: Alternate realms

Quote:
The games say that Twinrova summoned Veran and Onox from the Dark Realm.
Seeing as OoX came out before ST was a thought, back then the Dark Realmw as the Dark World~

Dark World - Zelda Wiki

Quote:
The games say that they came into being in different ways. In OoT we are told that the Evil Realm formed because Ganondorf walked in and it naturally reflected his evil nature. In ALttP we are told that the Dark World formed because Ganon wished on the Triforce to rule the world, and his wish caused the Sacred Realm to transform into the Dark World. The Evil Realm existed before Ganon got ahold of the Triforce. The Dark World didn't exist until AFTER Ganon got the Triforce.
Regardless of whether Ganondorf made a wish, or the Triforce did it on its own. Its still Ganondorf who tainted the Sacred Realm in the first place. And the first time the Sacred Realm ever became tainted was in OoT~
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -