Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: title
Yes 48 62.34%
No 13 16.88%
Not quite sure 16 20.78%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #161 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 02:42 PM
The Baton of the Wind The Baton of the Wind is a male United States The Baton of the Wind is online now
Master Shortpants
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East USA
View Posts: 4,225
Re: Is Eldin Volcano the same as Death Mountain?

Quote:
difference in Hylian geography between each game
There isn't really a difference. Each map shows a different part of the continent. There are only small changes like changes in forest areas and sometimes grassland drying up. And possibly even lakes drying up. But there's nothing like moving mountains or shifting tectonic plates, etc. That's more wild of a theory, anyways. But perhaps not as wild as the Hylians moving the Master Sword (even though it has now been confirmed that it goes back to the one same pedestal in the same place each era).
__________________
---Hyrule Historia Translations -Revisited, Reviewed & Revised - Japanese Text Included---


Translations:

SS --- TWW

1...........1
2...........2
3...........3
4...........4
5...........5
Last Edited by The Baton of the Wind; 03-23-2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #162 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 02:54 PM
GrimmyV GrimmyV is offline
Spirit of Seasons
Join Date: Mar 2010
View Posts: 1,701
Re: Is Eldin Volcano the same as Death Mountain?

Geographical differences are irrelevant, since gameplay dictates the layouts of game maps far more than continuity efforts or storylines. Yeah, that means my Goron migration theory doesn't hold water, if relative directions of landmarks is meaningless. In the end the only sure way to tell if Eldin was renamed DM or crenal would be to wait for developer confirmation in HH 2 or game evidence that states 'DM, once the home of Eldin Dragon' or something similar.

It probably is intended for Eldin Volcano to be DM since both are large volcanoes in the Eldin region/provence that dominate the landscape, but a literal interpretation of in game geography seems to point to two seperate mountains. It can also be demonstrated, as above, that literal interpretations of Hyrule geography are less than helpful. I still hold that landmarks in different games are the same only if there is an explicit statement or quote saying so, even for landmarks that share the same name.
__________________


'Crackle's Cousin sounds like the name of my next band.' -GrimmyV
Last Edited by GrimmyV; 03-23-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #163 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 03:02 PM
The Baton of the Wind The Baton of the Wind is a male United States The Baton of the Wind is online now
Master Shortpants
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East USA
View Posts: 4,225
Re: Is Eldin Volcano the same as Death Mountain?

I think its a part of the argument. But it shouldn't be the opening for the argument. You see, I honestly believe the developers intended Eldin Volcano to be a new and fresh place in a world where most of the famous landmarks of Hyurle don't exist / haven't been discovered yet. Note that there's no Lake Hylia yet, either. There's Lake Floria, and that's closer to being Zora's Domain than anything. I think they intended the same for Death Mountain. There is an active volcano, but its not Death Mountain.
__________________
---Hyrule Historia Translations -Revisited, Reviewed & Revised - Japanese Text Included---


Translations:

SS --- TWW

1...........1
2...........2
3...........3
4...........4
5...........5
Reply With Quote
  #164 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 03:12 PM
GrimmyV GrimmyV is offline
Spirit of Seasons
Join Date: Mar 2010
View Posts: 1,701
Re: Is Eldin Volcano the same as Death Mountain?

Actually, now that I think about it, Eldin has just as much chance being Snowpeak as DM, if Eldin goes dormant after SS.
__________________


'Crackle's Cousin sounds like the name of my next band.' -GrimmyV
Reply With Quote
  #165 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 03:48 PM
The Baton of the Wind The Baton of the Wind is a male United States The Baton of the Wind is online now
Master Shortpants
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East USA
View Posts: 4,225
Re: Is Eldin Volcano the same as Death Mountain?

Wow. I've never thought of it like that before! Totally plausible given that both Eldin Volcano and Snowpeak are both Northwest of the Master Sword (maybe Snowpeak moreso than EldinVolcano), but Eldin Volcano and Snowpeak are closer to the same general area than Eldin and Death Mountain.
__________________
---Hyrule Historia Translations -Revisited, Reviewed & Revised - Japanese Text Included---


Translations:

SS --- TWW

1...........1
2...........2
3...........3
4...........4
5...........5
Reply With Quote
  #166 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Exciter Exciter is a male Exciter is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Sep 2011
View Posts: 22
Re: Is Eldin Volcano the same as Death Mountain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Baton of the Wind View Post
There isn't really a difference. Each map shows a different part of the continent. There are only small changes like changes in forest areas and sometimes grassland drying up. And possibly even lakes drying up. But there's nothing like moving mountains or shifting tectonic plates, etc. That's more wild of a theory, anyways. But perhaps not as wild as the Hylians moving the Master Sword (even though it has now been confirmed that it goes back to the one same pedestal in the same place each era).
how can one be so quick to discredit the possibility of tectonic movement (which actually has evidence supporting the idea), & so willingly accept the unsupported idea of the Goron race simply moving east, settling a mountain, leaving for reasons unknown, settling yet another mountain, & generally moving back & forth in a nonsensical fashion (with no in-game evidence suggesting this, besides maps from different games superimposed upon one another)

evidence of plate movement is littered all over the Zelda series, with massive cracks in the earth ripping through the soil like a scar upon tissue in the desert, as well as the massive precipice separating the Eldin & Lanayru provinces (a precipice never seen in Skyward Sword, in which the exact same provinces are present)

discrediting this theory, based on evidence seen in the games themselves, in favour of completely speculative, blatantly unsupported, & erroneous concepts would completely derail the necessary level of objective thought vital to theorizing lol
Reply With Quote
  #167 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 08:02 PM
The Baton of the Wind The Baton of the Wind is a male United States The Baton of the Wind is online now
Master Shortpants
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East USA
View Posts: 4,225
Re: Is Eldin Volcano the same as Death Mountain?

I discredit it, and base my theory on what Hyrule Historia confirms about the Master Sword not moving from its spot.

Its more speculative and unsupported to say there was tectonic movement, considering its not even on the table in theorising nor in Hyrule Historia. And doesn't tectonic movement take a while to start making a difference, like millions or billions of years? There are only a couple thousand between SS and OoT and less than that inbetween the rest of the games. How would tectonic movement affect Hyrule so rapidly?

And with something as concrete as the evidence that the Master Sword lies in one spot, how can one say the mountains around it moved if they're in the same spot in accordance to the sword's location?
__________________
---Hyrule Historia Translations -Revisited, Reviewed & Revised - Japanese Text Included---


Translations:

SS --- TWW

1...........1
2...........2
3...........3
4...........4
5...........5
Reply With Quote
  #168 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 08:20 PM
GrimmyV GrimmyV is offline
Spirit of Seasons
Join Date: Mar 2010
View Posts: 1,701
Re: Is Eldin Volcano the same as Death Mountain?

Tectonic movement in Hyrule could be many times more active than the real world, due to the magical. Nature of the world. But I doubt it.

And I said the gorons consistently moved east, not back and forth.
__________________


'Crackle's Cousin sounds like the name of my next band.' -GrimmyV
Reply With Quote
  #169 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Exciter Exciter is a male Exciter is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Sep 2011
View Posts: 22
Re: Is Eldin Volcano the same as Death Mountain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Baton of the Wind View Post
I discredit it, and base my theory on what Hyrule Historia confirms about the Master Sword not moving from its spot.

Its more speculative and unsupported to say there was tectonic movement, considering its not even on the table in theorising nor in Hyrule Historia. And doesn't tectonic movement take a while to start making a difference, like millions or billions of years? There are only a couple thousand between SS and OoT and less than that inbetween the rest of the games. How would tectonic movement affect Hyrule so rapidly?

And with something as concrete as the evidence that the Master Sword lies in one spot, how can one say the mountains around it moved if they're in the same spot in accordance to the sword's location?
"Its more speculative and unsupported to say there was tectonic movement"

There are ungodly fissures in the earth across Hyrule; it doesn't get any clearer.

"And doesn't tectonic movement take a while to start making a difference, like millions or billions of years?"

The San Andreas Fault shifts approximately 33-37 millimetres annually.

"There are only a couple thousand [years] between SS and OoT "

I agree, but do you have anything to support this?

"And with something as concrete as the evidence that the Master Sword lies in one spot, how can one say the mountains around it moved if they're in the same spot in accordance to the sword's location?"

Hence the vitality of the phrase "different tectonic plates"
one plate is aggressive while another is regressive, causing the movement of landmasses over time.
One plates moves one way (Eldin moving from Lanayru, as evidenced in-game), another remains solitary (Lanayru remaining solitary, as evidenced in-game), & so on.

The concept is based solely on undeniable in-game evidence which directly relates to the subject matter it involves, as well as imply the presence of the aforementioned concept.

Twilight Princess depicts Death Mountain as the sole active volcano in the Eldin Province, home of the Gorons, who have mined rocks there for millennia. Their machinary is present in every Fire Temple level presented on Death Mountain in any involved Zelda game.

Twilight Princess features the same locales as its predecessor Ocarina Of Time, as distorted & relocated as they are. Newly-added cracks, dropoffs, valleys, & craters in the earth imply tectonic activity since the area was last seen. To disregard this in favour of speculation would be plain irresponsible.

Effectively, how can one theorize that Death Mountain is simply just another mountain in the Eldin Province (contrary to the games themselves) based on the idea that the Master Sword's resting place remains the same? A = B because C is never D? There is no logic to it lol
Last Edited by Exciter; 03-23-2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #170 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 08:42 PM
The Baton of the Wind The Baton of the Wind is a male United States The Baton of the Wind is online now
Master Shortpants
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East USA
View Posts: 4,225
Re: Is Eldin Volcano the same as Death Mountain?

Quote:
there are ungodly fissures in the earth across Hyrule, it doesn't get any clearer
That doesn't mean that its moving.
Quote:
The San Andreas Fault shifts approximately 33-37 millimetres annually
Lol: Wow, that sure is significant...
Quote:
Twilight Princess depicts Death Mountain as the sole active volcano in the Eldin Province, home of the Gorons, who have mined rocks there for millennia. Their machinary is present in every Fire Temple level presented on Death Mountain in any involved Zelda game. Twilight Princess features the same locales as its predecessor Ocarina Of Time, as distorted & relocated as they are. Newly-added cracks, dropoffs, valleys, & craters in the earth imply tectonic activity since the area was last seen. To disregard this in favour of speculation would be irresponsible
Now, see, right there is where you're wrong. Twilight Princess shows the north side of the continent. Nothing ever moved All that is north of where the OoT Hyrule was. How do I know this? Because of the Master Sword's location.

Quote:
how can one theorize that Death Mountain is simply just another mountain in the Eldin Province (contrary to the games themselves) based on the idea that the Master Sword's resting place remains the same?
1) Master Sword is one, solid, solitary location.

2) Death Mountain is always North-east of the Master Sword. Eldin Volcano is North-Northwest of the Master Sword.

3) Gorons never live on Eldin, but migrate from caves to Mt Crenel (west of Hyrule Castle, built near the Master Sword), migrate from Mt Crenel into caves, and then migrate to Death Mountain.

4) The provinces change between SS and TP. Eldin Volcano would no longer be in the Eldin Province because it recedes east, as the Lanayru Province also recedes east away from the desert and stretches from southwest to far north Hyrule.

5) Snowhead is closer to being in the same area as Eldin Volcano than Death Mountain is.
__________________
---Hyrule Historia Translations -Revisited, Reviewed & Revised - Japanese Text Included---


Translations:

SS --- TWW

1...........1
2...........2
3...........3
4...........4
5...........5
Reply With Quote
  #171 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Exciter Exciter is a male Exciter is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Sep 2011
View Posts: 22
Re: Is Eldin Volcano the same as Death Mountain?

"there are ungodly fissures in the earth across Hyrule, it doesn't get any clearer
That doesn't mean that its moving."


Eldin Bridge, lol. There wouldn't need to be a bridge if a massive separation in the earth didn't appear.

"The San Andreas Fault shifts approximately 33-37 millimetres annually
Lol: Wow, that sure is significant..."


Over the course of thousands of years, as you've pointed out before, such movement would indeed be significant.

"...Now, see, right there is where you're wrong. Twilight Princess shows the north side of the continent. Nothing ever moved All that is north of where the OoT Hyrule was. How do I know this? Because of the Master Sword's location."

Yep, the Master Sword never moves. However, Twilight Princess does not show the "north side of the continent", as the other landmasses shown were present in the other games as well, including the Lanayru Province, & Faron Province. If it were showing a new part of the same continent, none of the previously featured areas besides the Master Sword's location would be seen nor ventured upon.

"1) Master Sword is one, solid, solitary location."

Again, one cannot argue A = B because C is never D. Please elaborate further on how the Master Sword's consistent location affects Eldin Volcano, & how its consistency implies that Eldin Volcano isn't Death Mountain, despite undeniable in-game evidence supporting that idea.

"2) Death Mountain is always North-east of the Master Sword. Eldin Volcano is North-Northwest of the Master Sword."

An observation explainable by the shifting of the landmasses around the Master Sword's location, as supported by evidence seen in Twilight Princess.

"3) Gorons never live on Eldin, but migrate from caves to Mt Crenel (west of Hyrule Castle, built near the Master Sword), migrate from Mt Crenel into caves, and then migrate to Death Mountain."

Oh? The Gorons have previously occupied a mountain with a strong connection to fire, which is seen to be in possession of an abandoned mine, with structures & machinery almost identical t0 those seen within Eldin Volcano in Skyward Sword as well as the ones seen on Death Mountain in Ocarina Of Time; not to mention a previous statement saying that Eldin Volcano was once northwest of the Master Sword? I'm getting some strong similarity vibes here, considering that the lot of the aforementioned landmasses are meant to appear in the exact same space in the same part of the country, surrounded by the exact same areas.

"4) The provinces change between SS and TP. Eldin Volcano would no longer be in the Eldin Province because it recedes east, as the Lanayru Province also recedes east away from the desert and stretches from southwest to far north Hyrule."

Eldin Volcano, as well as the whole of Lanayru Province recede east, with strong implications of tectonic movement? Certainly couldn't be shifting landmasses.

"5) Snowhead is closer to being in the same area as Eldin Volcano than Death Mountain is."

Could Snowhead be Eldin Volcano?

Would also like you to please drop the smart aleck thing; it isn't very pleasant to respond to. Not going to continue to theorize with you if you're behaving rudely
Last Edited by Exciter; 03-24-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #172 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-24-2012, 03:24 PM
EternaLegend EternaLegend is offline
erudesu
Join Date: Jan 2008
View Posts: 17,701
Re: Is Eldin Volcano the same as Death Mountain?

I don't want things to get sour in here guys. We can do this without being snarky to one another.

Thanks.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #173 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-24-2012, 04:41 PM
The Baton of the Wind The Baton of the Wind is a male United States The Baton of the Wind is online now
Master Shortpants
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East USA
View Posts: 4,225
Re: Is Eldin Volcano the same as Death Mountain?

Quote:
Twilight Princess does not show the "north side of the continent", as the other landmasses shown were present in the other games as well, including the Lanayru Province, & Faron Province. If it were showing a new part of the same continent, none of the previously featured areas besides the Master Sword's location would be seen nor ventured upon.
You're forgetting that in the Twilight era they didn't know much about the hero of time's era. This includes where the kingdom previously. If the Master Sword never moves, then--if in OoT most of Hyrule is south of it and in TP most of Hyrule is north of it--that means that they are two different parts of the land that they other map doesn't show because their borders changed. Including the provinces. Considering between SS, Eldin receded and shrank to the east and Lanayru receded east away from the desert, and Faron shrank significantly because of that.

Quote:
The Gorons have previously occupied a mountain with a strong connection to fire, which is seen to be in possession of an abandoned mine
There were also signs of a mine on Mt Crenel...

Quote:
not to mention a previous statement saying that Eldin Volcano was once northwest of the Master Sword?
Do you have the in-game statement?

Quote:
Eldin Volcano, as well as the whole of Lanayru Province recede east, with strong implications of tectonic movement? Certainly couldn't be shifting landmasses.
No, it certainly couldn't be. The borders change, but the landmasses do not move.

Quote:
Could Snowhead be Eldin Volcano?
Heh. That wasn't me being a smart aleck. That was me purposing an alternate solution which backs up my theory. If you can't properly respond to it, that's fine; but it doesn't help your argument at all.

Yes. Snowhead is NNW of the Master Sword in TP. Eldin Volcano is NNW of the Master Sword in SS. And Death Mountain is northeast of the Master Sword in OoT and TP.
__________________
---Hyrule Historia Translations -Revisited, Reviewed & Revised - Japanese Text Included---


Translations:

SS --- TWW

1...........1
2...........2
3...........3
4...........4
5...........5
Reply With Quote
  #174 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Exciter Exciter is a male Exciter is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Sep 2011
View Posts: 22
Re: Is Eldin Volcano the same as Death Mountain?

"You're forgetting that in the Twilight era they didn't know much about the hero of time's era. This includes where the kingdom previously."

They're literally in the kingdom where the Hero Of Time trekked. The Hyrule Market you see is the Hyrule Market you saw in Ocarina Of Time. There is a reason why the area is named Hyrule in both Ocarina Of Time & Twilight Princess. The Kingdom's location is the same as it was then, due to its proximity to the Master Sword.


Hyrule has yet to forget the Hero Of Time & his shenanigans

"If the Master Sword never moves, then--if in OoT most of Hyrule is south of it and in TP most of Hyrule is north of it--that means that they are two different parts of the land that they other map doesn't show because their borders changed. Including the provinces. "

So the developers name an area "Eldin Province" for one game, then decide to use a different part of the land, also name it "Eldin Province", then go on to name the new area's volcano (which just so happens to be there, complete with abandoned mining equipment, as well as a "Kakariko Village" nearby) "Death Mountain"?

"Considering between SS, Eldin receded and shrank to the east and Lanayru receded east away from the desert, and Faron shrank significantly because of that."

Provinces shrink? The cause of such activity certainly couldn't be tectonic movement, despite the evidence pointing towards such information

"There were also signs of a mine on Mt Crenel... "

Hence why I implied Mt. Crenel is indeed Eldin Volcano, which is indeed Death Mountain.
Not entirely sure if you're actually reading what I type here lol

"Do you have the in-game statement?"

[QUOTE=The Baton of the Wind;4641197]"Death Mountain is always North-east of the Master Sword." - The Baton Of The Wind
Was originally your own statement

"No, it certainly couldn't be. The borders change, but the landmasses do not move."

A bit contradictory to your previous statement mate

"Heh. That wasn't me being a smart aleck. That was me purposing an alternate solution which backs up my theory. If you can't properly respond to it, that's fine; but it doesn't help your argument at all."

The problem isn't my inability to "properly respond" to your provocative phrasing, it's my decision not to.
In addition, your aforementioned rudeness doesn't necessarily solidify your own statements' accuracy, as its unpleasant presence could make it seem to readers as though you must use sarcasm, condescending language, & generally poor judgment to present a theory.

Likewise, as previously-evidenced, you've changed your viewpoint more than twice to the point of self-contradiction; rendering further theorizing tedious & almost counterproductive.

Consequentially, because of the unpleasant nature of your phrasing choice as well as the dysfunctionality of your statements, I shall discontinue our immediate theorizing session until such a time arises when you choose to present your ideas in a clear & concise manner, without unnecessary acrimony or juvenile intent to upset & condescend.
Last Edited by Exciter; 03-24-2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #175 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-24-2012, 10:31 PM
The Baton of the Wind The Baton of the Wind is a male United States The Baton of the Wind is online now
Master Shortpants
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East USA
View Posts: 4,225
Re: Is Eldin Volcano the same as Death Mountain?

Quote:
The Hyrule Market you see is the Hyrule Market you saw in Ocarina Of Time
Now, see. That's where you're wrong. The Temple of Time was in Hyrule Castle Town in Ocarina of Time. That should be proof enough! Hyrule Castle Town is significantly north of the Master Sword in Twilight Princess. Its no wonder you seem to think that Eldin Volcano = Death Mountain, you haven't quite grasped what Hyrule Historia has confirmed.

Quote:
Hyrule has yet to forget the Hero Of Time's & his shenanigans
Yet they don't seem to know much about the ruins in the forest, the old capital. Even just given that, I think there is much about the kingdom in which the hero of time that they didn't know in Twilight Princess.

Quote:
So the developers name an area "Eldin Province" for one game, then decide to use a different part of the land, also name it "Eldin Province", then go on to name the new area's volcano "Death Mountain"?
Yes. They made it so the provinces' borders change over the millenia. Like I said, Lanayru in TP no longer includes the desert like it did in SS.

Quote:
Hence why I implied Mt. Crenel is indeed Eldin Volcano, which is indeed Death Mountain.
But Mt. Crenel isn't Eldin Volcano or Death Mountain because its west of the capitol built when Hyrule was established. Which would be the same capitol in OoT since its still near the Master Sword. And Death Mountain is northeast of there, and Eldin Volcano north-northwest.

Quote:
"Death Mountain is always North-east of the Master Sword." - The Baton Of The Wind
Was originally your own statement

"No, it certainly couldn't be. The borders change, but the landmasses do not move."

A bit contradictory to your previous statement mate
Its not contradictory if you look at what Hyrule Historia confirms, that the Master Sword stays in one solitary spot throughout the series. The borders change around the Master Sword, but the landmasses around it don't move; and are always in the same spot according to the spot of the Master Sword.

And here is a layout of the provinces:

Skyward Sword


A couple / few thousand years later: Twilight Princess


Eldin Volcano would no longer be in the Eldin Province because of Hyrule's political changes. And Death Mounain would no longer be in Faron Province, it would be in the Eldin Province.
Also note that the desert is no longer in the Lanayru Province thousands of years later.
__________________
---Hyrule Historia Translations -Revisited, Reviewed & Revised - Japanese Text Included---


Translations:

SS --- TWW

1...........1
2...........2
3...........3
4...........4
5...........5
Last Edited by The Baton of the Wind; 03-24-2012 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #176 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Rakshael Rakshael is a male United States Rakshael is offline
Hyper Light...
Send a message via AIM to Rakshael Send a message via Skype™ to Rakshael
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Yaevin
View Posts: 2,735
Re: Is Eldin Volcano the same as Death Mountain?

Snowhead being an extinct Eldin Volcano is absolutely fascinating to me. And honestly, Baton knows what he's talking about, he translates HH for fun. What he's showing you makes sense, Exciter, I'm not really understanding your point of view :/
__________________
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: The Baton of the Wind
  #177 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-25-2012, 01:37 AM
Teekay Teekay is a male United States Teekay is offline
O hero chosen by the Goddess... I am Teekay, the Coffee Dragon.
Send a message via Skype™ to Teekay
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Christmas
View Posts: 762
Re: Is Eldin Volcano the same as Death Mountain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshael View Post
Snowhead being an extinct Eldin Volcano is absolutely fascinating to me. And honestly, Baton knows what he's talking about, he translates HH for fun.
No offense to you or Baton, but just because someone can translate Japanese decently doesn't mean they're a better theorist than the rest of us. In fact, believing what you do kind of makes you sound naive.

Snowpeak is an icy mountain range with no known history of it being a fiery volcano. In fact if you were to line up TP and OoT's map, the Peak Province would be in an area that was unexplored in OoT.

So where you're all getting this idea from, I'm not understanding.
__________________

Think you know everything there is to know about Princess Zelda?
Think again.
Last Edited by Teekay; 03-25-2012 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #178 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-25-2012, 03:44 AM
Nagumo Nagumo is a female Netherlands Nagumo is offline
Lady of the Chapel
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Nieuwegein
View Posts: 468
Re: Is Eldin Volcano the same as Death Mountain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
So the developers name an area "Eldin Province" for one game, then decide to use a different part of the land, also name it "Eldin Province", then go on to name the new area's volcano (which just so happens to be there, complete with abandoned mining equipment, as well as a "Kakariko Village" nearby) "Death Mountain"?
I would like to point out that according to Aonuma, Eldin Province did not exist until after Ocarina of Time, therefore making it perfectly plausible for Eldin from SS and Eldin province to be in completely different places.

Quote:
In this game, there are two places named, “Forest Firo-ne [Faron Woods]” and “Orudin [Eldin]”; they received their names after the three goddesses from Ocarina of Time. During Ocarina of Time, there were no such places, but after a long time, the names grew on the people living there and so those names were passed on.
__________________
Last Edited by Nagumo; 03-25-2012 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #179 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-25-2012, 09:15 AM
The Baton of the Wind The Baton of the Wind is a male United States The Baton of the Wind is online now
Master Shortpants
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East USA
View Posts: 4,225
Re: Is Eldin Volcano the same as Death Mountain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestria View Post
No offense to you or Baton, but just because someone can translate Japanese decently doesn't mean they're a better theorist than the rest of us. In fact, believing what you do kind of makes you sound naive.

Snowhead is an icy mountain range with no known history of it being a fiery volcano. In fact if you were to line up TP and OoT's map, the Peak Province would be in an area that was unexplored in OoT.

So where you're all getting this idea from, I'm not understanding.
Hey, I'm not saying the fact I can translate makes me a good debater either. I'm just presenting evidence supporting my theory that Eldin Volcano =/= Death Mountain. And, actually, I also think there is reason to believe Eldin Volcano =/= Mt. Crenel and Mt. Crenel =/= Death Mountain.

In any event, I've presented my evidence and I've seen the evidence presented about Eldin Volcano being Death Mountain, but I haven't yet been convinced of that. That being said, it has been confirmed that the Master Sword does not move; and from what I've gathered is that most of the people that think Eldin Volcano = Death Mountain also seem to think everything was moved around (sometimes including the Master Sword) by the developers for gamplay reasons. Which, I don't think they'd spend so much time on to do.

Quote:
I would like to point out that according to Aonuma, Eldin Province did not exist until after Ocarina of Time, therefore making it perfectly plausible for Eldin from SS and Eldin province to be in completely different places.
That is another thing. There are no provinces in OoT. And in Skyward Sword they're more presented as regions rather than provinces. Thanks for pointing that out.
__________________
---Hyrule Historia Translations -Revisited, Reviewed & Revised - Japanese Text Included---


Translations:

SS --- TWW

1...........1
2...........2
3...........3
4...........4
5...........5
Reply With Quote
  #180 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Her Grace Her Grace is a male United Kingdom Her Grace is offline
Hylia and Zelda in name only, for she is neither...
Send a message via Skype™ to Her Grace
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Temple of Hylia
View Posts: 479
Re: Is Eldin Volcano the same as Death Mountain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Baton of the Wind View Post
Hey, I'm not saying the fact I can translate makes me a good debater either. I'm just presenting evidence supporting my theory that Eldin Volcano =/= Death Mountain. And, actually, I also think there is reason to believe Eldin Volcano =/= Mt. Crenel and Mt. Crenel =/= Death Mountain.

In any event, I've presented my evidence and I've seen the evidence presented about Eldin Volcano being Death Mountain, but I haven't yet been convinced of that. That being said, it has been confirmed that the Master Sword does not move; and from what I've gathered is that most of the people that think Eldin Volcano = Death Mountain also seem to think everything was moved around (sometimes including the Master Sword) by the developers for gamplay reasons. Which, I don't think they'd spend so much time on to do.

That is another thing. There are no provinces in OoT. And in Skyward Sword they're more presented as regions rather than provinces. Thanks for pointing that out.
The Four Sword isn't mentioned in Ocarina of Time. Does that mean it isn't hidden somewhere in Hyrule? The reason the provinces weren't mention is quite simple: the idea hadn't been established until Twilight Princess. Notice how there are no games set in (ancient) Hyrule between Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword? Then as soon as the latter comes out, the provinces system is used again? There is a high chance that as every time we see Hyrule now, it's always going to have a province system. It was always there, just not mentioned. It's the same as saying that places such as Faron Woods don't exist in Hyrule in any games released prior to Twilight Princess. They do... they just weren't mentioned. And ect.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
I would like to point out that according to Aonuma, Eldin Province did not exist until after Ocarina of Time, therefore making it perfectly plausible for Eldin from SS and Eldin province to be in completely different places.
That statement was years before they decided to make a game set before Twilight Princess that uses the province system. Part of it has already been overwritten by Hyrule Historia, which specifically says the provinces were named after the dragons. It also says that the world seen in Skyward Sword is the same world seen in Ocarina of Time, commenting how the geography didn't change much between the two games.
__________________


Facebook: Bookface
Twitter:Tweetland

If you add me to your list of 3DS friends please leave me a visitor or personal message with your own Friend Code so that I can add quickly you as well. Thanks!
Last Edited by Her Grace; 03-25-2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: The Baton of the Wind
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -